Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you want Owen back at Anfield at this time?

Yes, we need him.
      17 (10.6%)
      Got little option, so yes.
      48 (30%)
      Don't really mind.
      15 (9.4%)
      No.
      80 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 155

Micheal Owen (Free Transfer)

Read 12946 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,408 posts | 2827 
      Re: Micheal Owen (Free Transfer)
      Reply #23: Sep 02, 2012 12:00:14 pm
      Don't think it will happen, nor do I want it to happen.

Give that game time to Yesil or Morgan.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #24: Sep 02, 2012 12:02:40 pm
      Rather we are relegated than take the little scum back (wishful Thinking)

Didnt mind him leaving us for Madrid cos we got the Champions League and he got the bench, Hated him when he moved to those Scums and he even considered joining Everton???? Shows how much love he has for the Fans.

But if we do sign him, then I have no choice but to support him and wish he performs. In the end I'm still an LFC fan and would support any player that wears the clubs colours with respect.

So the onus is on BR not to sign him so i dont end up cheering someone I have spent time cursing.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #25: Sep 02, 2012 12:04:48 pm
      I became a LFC supporter because of this c**t. But, he is the original Judas and I don't want him anywhere near Anfield. Honestly, it is shocking that there is some journo who thinks he can write such sh*t.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #26: Sep 02, 2012 12:06:41 pm
      I became a LFC supporter because of this c**t. But, he is the original Judas and I don't want him anywhere near Anfield. Honestly, it is shocking that there is some journo who thinks he can write such sh*t.

Actually Mcmanaman ran his contract down before Owen after we turned down a 12 million bid from Barca for him one summer, he hinted at signing a new deal, ran it down and went to Madrid for free.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,307 posts | 768 
      Reply #27: Sep 02, 2012 12:13:15 pm
      Definite NO rather give the kids a chance until January. Hopeful that we are well clear of the relegation zone!
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #28: Sep 02, 2012 12:13:22 pm
      Actually Mcmanaman ran his contract down before Owen after we turned down a 12 million bid from Barca for him one summer, he hinted at signing a new deal, ran it down and went to Madrid for free.

Ah yea, my bad.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #29: Sep 02, 2012 12:17:37 pm
      Prefer to give youth a chance than let Owen have a last hurrah.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,307 posts | 768 
      Reply #30: Sep 02, 2012 12:18:22 pm
      I have just read the article on Owen sounds like a mercenary to me, I'd rather have Pepe in attack.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #31: Sep 02, 2012 12:51:23 pm
      I've never harboured any hostile feelings towards Michael Owen. I always had a strong support for him as my favourite player and probably as my ideal striker. I am disappointed in him, not so much for playing for Manchester United (it would have been very hard to forgive if it was the Michael Owen of 2001 who had moved to the Mancs and not the injury ravaged Owen of 2009), but for leaving Liverpool in the first place hampering not just us at the time but his own career as well which took a turn for the worst when he went to Spain. He instantly knew of his mistake and when Rafa Benitez told him the next year that although he would welcome the opportunity to bring him back he simply did not have the funds for his return. He then went to Newcastle and was forever chasing the dreams and elation he had and could have had more of had he stayed at Liverpool. He'll always have my respect as Michael Owen the Liverpool star.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #32: Sep 02, 2012 01:22:22 pm

Tis true - however I think what McManaman said at half time during the Istanbul final makes up for that, well to some degree.

As for Owen, this is a definate no go! Old, injury prone and no way the player he once was. His pace was frightning, now it is nothing to be scared of - he is not strong in the air and technically not good enough. Forget the past, today he is simply not a top player. Even fit I doubt he would get get more than 10 goals a season.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #33: Sep 02, 2012 01:22:50 pm
      Poll added to see how you lot feel on this matter.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #34: Sep 02, 2012 01:27:41 pm
      No no no. Don't want him back here, treated us like sh*t when he left and then signed for the mancs, no respect. We don't need him, would rather see Gerrard play up front if needs be as we have enough strength in central midfield.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #35: Sep 02, 2012 02:32:33 pm
      You've got to be taking the Mickey?

;D

No for me.
      Aggeraphobia
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #36: Sep 02, 2012 02:53:17 pm
      Prefer youth or Heskey if he's still free.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #37: Sep 02, 2012 03:34:25 pm
      If he apologized - I'd take him back. But he won't.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,493 posts | 232 
      Reply #38: Sep 02, 2012 03:36:17 pm
      I would prefer Drogba. Compared to Owen he's not injury prone, would be a nightmare for defenders to mark and play against, and more than cut it at the highest level.

Plus he has some pace and moves well (when he's not feigning injury) so could fit in Brendan's system.
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #39: Sep 02, 2012 03:38:43 pm
      Once a manc, never a red!
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #40: Sep 02, 2012 03:50:35 pm
      I would prefer Drogba. Compared to Owen he's not injury prone, would be a nightmare for defenders to mark and play against, and more than cut it at the highest level.

Plus he has some pace and moves well (when he's not feigning injury) so could fit in Brendan's system.

I don't think Drogba would ever join another Premier League club, unfortunately. If he wanted to come, then I think everyone - except for maybe FSG - would take him in a heartbeat.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #41: Sep 02, 2012 04:16:42 pm
      My personal feelings on the matter are no, F**k the little sh*t and after watching him in an interview last week where he said he wants to play for "a club that lets me stay at home that's in the premier league" I was even more of the frame of mind that he's an obnoxious little sh*t.

Unfortunately I have to put my feelings aside and think of the club, if the little sh*te bag comes in and scores goals that we need to win then that's what the club need and my personal feelings have to take a back seat.

Personally I would rather have the dirty b***ard drogba but given the fact we appear to have owners who can unwrap a sweet in their pockets I can't see that happening so micky 'pay as you play' owen appears to be the only option.

If it happens I won't be shouting his name though, ever.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #42: Sep 02, 2012 04:23:11 pm
       Phil McNulty, BBC Sport chief football writer at Anfield:

"Brendan Rodgers asked would he have let Carroll go if he knew Liverpool would not sign anyone: 'No.' Was he confident he would: 'Very.' Rodgers then refused to completely dismiss the idea that he might move for Michael Owen. Intriguing press conference.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #43: Sep 02, 2012 04:38:37 pm
      Jamie Redknapp suggested this on Sky Sports after the game.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,408 posts | 2827 
      Reply #44: Sep 02, 2012 04:41:21 pm
      Brendan Rodgers, when asked if he would consider a move for a free agent such as @themichaelowen: "Any player that I believe can improve the squad I will look at. We have got a very, very small squad with some very young players in it. So I can't say no."
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #45: Sep 02, 2012 04:45:17 pm
      are we really in a worse position than last year, its like a bad dream

Quick Reply