Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Robbie Fowler

Read 8558 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Robbie Fowler
      Sep 03, 2012 07:56:46 pm
      Serious question.

Would you be happy if we offered him a contrat until January. Use him as an option from the bench and use him to coach the other forwards?  No more "bbottom of the barrell" then other options being thrown about
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Robbie Fowler
      Reply #1: Sep 03, 2012 08:06:56 pm
      If he was anywhere near fit then yes I would..

You don't lose the knack of finding the net and he is one of the best I've seen.

Edit:
      As a coach first and foremost but if fit register him in case of disaster... See no harm.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2: Sep 03, 2012 08:12:27 pm
       While I would love to see Robbie Fowler playing for us again I am afraid I have to be realistic and say his days of playing in the E.P.L. are long gone.By all means hire Robbie to at least show our goal shy forwards and midfielders how to put the ball into the net.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #3: Sep 03, 2012 08:16:05 pm
      While I would love to see Robbie Fowler playing for us again I am afraid I have to be realistic and say his days of playing in the E.P.L. are long gone.By all means hire Robbie to at least show our goal shy forwards and midfielders how to put the ball into the net.

I agree with this. Just a coaching role for Robbie now, although I really wish he was younger and fitter which would possibly make him a realistic option to bring in, but then he'd probably be contracted to another club.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #4: Sep 03, 2012 09:00:57 pm
      Judging by the amount of times I've seen Didi taking the piss out of him on Twitter for being fat, I'm guessing he's a bit out of shape!
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #5: Sep 03, 2012 09:21:01 pm
       Feelings aside, it's a big NO.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #6: Sep 03, 2012 09:28:51 pm
      Completely idolised him but seriously this is getting embarrassing that we're linked with the likes of Owen and now Robbie. Even Robbie would laugh at the prospect of playing in the premier league again. He doesn't need his reputation tarnished by it and neither do we it's bad enough as it is.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #7: Sep 03, 2012 09:49:36 pm
      Not for me, but I'd love him to join the coaching staff so he can help the few forwards we do already have.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #8: Sep 03, 2012 09:52:28 pm
      No for me was bad enough watching the so called fans turn on a Liverpool legend like Kenny Dalglish, wouldn't want to see the same happen to god.
      Dans6490
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #9: Sep 03, 2012 09:53:27 pm
      Completely idolised him but seriously this is getting embarrassing that we're linked with the likes of Owen and now Robbie. Even Robbie would laugh at the prospect of playing in the premier league again. He doesn't need his reputation tarnished by it and neither do we it's bad enough as it is.

Couldn't agree more, hit the nail on the end. Is this what it's actually come to?!  We keep trying to convince ourselves were being run properly and are heading in the right direction. But, embarrassingly, we keep being shown we are not. The lack of strikers/goalscorers is not a new problem. Even the so called relegation candidates are better equipped. Laughing stock
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #10: Sep 03, 2012 10:00:47 pm
      One of my favourite players ever but a severe no from me. Doubly more ridiculous an idea than Michael Owen. How some can go on and laugh at the prospect of Owen yet give more dignified responses on this is beyond me.

I would very much like to see what he has to offer as a coach though.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #11: Sep 03, 2012 10:08:04 pm
      It would take til Jan to get him fit.

Legend, but cant see it happening.

PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #12: Sep 03, 2012 10:28:10 pm
      I see no harm in getting him on the staff, we are obviously missing something like his killer instinct, his positioning etc, I think he'd do very well on the coaching staff.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13: Sep 03, 2012 10:30:52 pm
      If we wanted some one with a killer instinct, we should have signed Ramirez.

Richard Ramirez - The night stalker.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14: Sep 03, 2012 10:37:14 pm
      I see no harm in getting him on the staff, we are obviously missing something like his killer instinct, his positioning etc, I think he'd do very well on the coaching staff.

I agree with this completely, they say the things Robbie did you're not able to coach it's more based on instinct but if anyone could have a damn good go at it the man himself could.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #15: Sep 03, 2012 10:57:56 pm
      If we wanted some one with a killer instinct, we should have signed Ramirez.

Him, Agger and Skrtel on set pieces would open up some holes.

Richard Ramirez - The night stalker.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #16: Sep 03, 2012 11:32:30 pm
      Just watching him on the legends tour putting the ball in the corners of the goal for fun makes me wish he was playing for us.

I'd would love to have him back.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17: Sep 03, 2012 11:37:46 pm
      Was a fantastic player for us but it's a no for me, he's been out the Premiership too long and he would struggle with the pace of it now.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #18: Sep 03, 2012 11:40:32 pm
      He's more like Buddha than God now.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #19: Sep 03, 2012 11:44:23 pm
      No.

Coaching the forwards yes, but playing him would make us the butt of all jokes he is well past it.

Watched him play in a sh*t league like the A-league and he struggled with fitness and the "pace" of the games at times.

Silly to even suggest it would rather we give time to one of the young lads from the ressies to develop we are that desperate.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #20: Sep 04, 2012 01:04:12 am
      Have to ignore my heart on this one and go with my head. There is a reason why no-one else in the premiership has given him a chance since he left us - he's too old.

Possibly my favourite ever player, so the little kid inside me is screaming F**k YES! but if I done everything he told me to do I'd just sit round eating sweets all day and watching the simpsons.... hold on a second, that is what I do most of the time.... F**k it, sign him up!

Haha :D In all seriousness it's a no. Would hate him to tarnish his reputation here if he doesn't save the day. He'd probably be better than Suarez in a 1 on 1 situation like.

Could we get a poll on this? I'd like to see what the results would be compared to the one on Owen.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #21: Sep 04, 2012 01:49:41 am
      No.

Definitely could help on the coaching side especially with the young forwards although you cannot coach the natural finishing and predatory instincts Robbie had.

One of my all time favourites but he is well past playing for us now.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #22: Sep 04, 2012 02:15:50 am
      Maybe Robbie Fowler for the coaching staff or in an academy role. At this rate, Keegan and Dalglish will be linked with returns.

Quick Reply