Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Football Manager 2013

Read 44211 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Football Manager 2013
      Reply #253: Apr 09, 2013 02:52:43 pm
      I picked Leicester in the end, won the Championship with 100 points, Knockaert is a bloody genius. Nugent and Wood are also very good strikers for that level.

I played an unorthodox 3-4-3 and surprisingly it worked to great effect. My only permanent signings were Will Hughes from Derby and Hauger from some Swedish  side, all the others were on loan - Sanchez Miño, Bentley, Briggs and Mark Gonzalez the main names.

I also reached the League Cup semifinals but after securing a 1-1 draw against Man Utd at home, I lost by 6-3 at Old Trafford (Nugent's hat-trick).

The club was in a poor financial situation before reaching promotion - the board even told me it would be helpful if I sold players -, but I think reaching the EPL will surely help. However, I probably won't have lots of money to build my team for next season. It's worrying because few (if any) of my players are good enough for the EPL. Knockaert and Schmeichel are the only ones I'm definitely keeping. All the others I wouldn't mind selling if I can find a better replacement.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #254: Apr 10, 2013 07:47:07 am
      41 game unbeaten run ended like this:

A 92nd minute corner. What a load of sh*t. 16 points clear with 6 to go but seriously, that is a load of crap.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #255: Apr 10, 2013 08:10:22 am
      41 game unbeaten run ended like this:

A 92nd minute corner. What a load of sh*t. 16 points clear with 6 to go but seriously, that is a load of crap.

1 shot on target and one goal.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #256: Apr 10, 2013 08:39:57 am
      Wow.

To this:

Was 2-0 until the 82nd minute.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #257: Apr 10, 2013 03:37:58 pm
      I would sell nearly all my current players if there were teams willing to buy them for decent fees and simply start all over for the EPL, but it's been difficult. I still managed to sell lots of players who aren't good enough for that level but not for as much money as I wanted - Nugent, for instance, went to Stoke for only £3.3M.

So far I've signed left-back/defensive mid Sanchez Miño on a permanent deal, a Brazilian CB called Neuton, the right-back Neal Eardley, left-back/left-midfied Martin Olsson, strikers Alberto Paloschi and Artur Sobiech, plus a few good players on loan: Faurlin (CM), Chris Brunt (LM/RM/CM), Behrami (CM) and Matuidi (DM/CM). I also got Ospina (GK) and young striker Yaya Sanogo on free transfers. I'm worried sick about my defense though, especially if I'm going to stick to my 3-4-3 formation that worked so well in the Championship.

Toby Alderweireld is transfer listed and I have already offered a contract, but I'm afraid he'll prefer some bigger club. If the season started just now, I would try playing this team:

Ospina
             Morgan - Neuton - Sh*t CB
       Brunt - Matuidi - Faurlin - Olsson
           Paloschi - Sobiech - Knockaert

It's gonna be a long season.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #258: Apr 10, 2013 05:06:37 pm
      Managed to win just the Premier League and Champions League in my 5th season with Liverpool. Gunning for all 7 trophies next season. Got a dilemma whether or not to sign Busquets (28) on a free. He's 18 months younger than Lucas, they're of very similar ability, and I have Paulo (20) who's already world class and going to be the best DM in the world soon. So if I sign Busquets, I'll have to sell Lucas who's worth £17.5m, although money isn't really an incentive.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #259: Apr 10, 2013 06:29:10 pm
      Game becoming pretty boring after 5 or six seasons once the regens took over. Its like every year there are around 5 or six players like Messi and Ronaldo. Its pretty easy to fill the squad with world class players with simply paying the compensation prices.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #260: Apr 10, 2013 07:49:36 pm
      I would appreciate any tips of relatively cheap players, particularly defenders.

As I said in my previous post, I'm entering my 2nd season at Leicester, having just been promoted to the EPL. My current CBs are mediocre at best and I can't seem to find many good ones for reasonable prices!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #261: Apr 10, 2013 08:22:39 pm
      Game becoming pretty boring after 5 or six seasons once the regens took over. Its like every year there are around 5 or six players like Messi and Ronaldo. Its pretty easy to fill the squad with world class players with simply paying the compensation prices.

I so much prefer the game when it becomes all regens, bringing players through.  Didn't get on with 2013, but did 40 plus seasons in 2012, which included getting sacked by Liverpool and replaced by Benitez after a takeover, not getting offered a job for ages, taking the job at QPR then being offered a job at the Spuds, so I quit QPR after one day.  Took 3 years, but I finally got my job back at Liverpool.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #262: Apr 11, 2013 12:33:55 am
      Won the CL! Beat Madrid 2-0. Won 5 trophies, Super Cup, CWC, League, FA Cup and CL.

James Rodriguez and a regen right winger in for Ait Fana who i sold to City.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #263: Apr 11, 2013 12:51:47 am
      I so much prefer the game when it becomes all regens, bringing players through.  Didn't get on with 2013, but did 40 plus seasons in 2012, which included getting sacked by Liverpool and replaced by Benitez after a takeover, not getting offered a job for ages, taking the job at QPR then being offered a job at the Spuds, so I quit QPR after one day.  Took 3 years, but I finally got my job back at Liverpool.

40 plus seasons? wow.
      Actually in FM 12 i didn't find this many world class regens coming through.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #264: Apr 11, 2013 12:59:19 am
      In the Confederations Cup now with Italy. Got a group with Brazil, South Korea and New Caledonia. Lost 2-0 to Korea so thought I was heading out, then I went 3-1 down to Brazil at half time. Shoved rockets up the players' arses at half time though and we ran out 5-3 winners. I then had to beat New Caledonia 5-0 to guarantee going through. Beat them 5-1 but it didn't matter, as Brazil beat Korea 3-1, sending me through as group winners to face Mexico in the semis.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #265: Apr 11, 2013 02:16:33 am
      Looking for a good game....any suggestions?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #266: Apr 11, 2013 03:34:39 am
      Liverpool in 2019/2020:

Largest reputation in the world

Most turnover in the world

Richest club in the world

Most valuable club in the world.

I can buy any player i want. This is when it gets boring.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #267: Apr 11, 2013 10:31:34 am
      Looking for a good game....any suggestions?

Try GTA series. Or Fifa. Even this football manager game is pretty cool  ;D
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #268: Apr 11, 2013 10:33:20 am
      Liverpool in 2019/2020:

Largest reputation in the world

Most turnover in the world

Richest club in the world

Most valuable club in the world.

I can buy any player i want. This is when it gets boring.

I am already there. Now playing it for breaking Fergu's records ;D.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #269: Apr 11, 2013 01:42:30 pm
      Actually good point. Could go for most successful manager ever.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #270: Apr 11, 2013 02:40:48 pm
      Try GTA series. Or Fifa. Even this football manager game is pretty cool  ;D

;D, I meant a good 'save' in football manager :P

I'd go for that challenge crouchinho seeing as they have online leaderboards now...
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #271: Apr 11, 2013 02:53:38 pm
      I won my first EPL game away at Manchester City :D luckiest game ever, Sobiech scored the winning goal near the 80th minute, after a whole game of defending and hardly any Leicester attacks.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #272: Apr 12, 2013 04:51:05 am
      4 cup finals vs Arsenal and i've lost 3 of them in shoot outs when i've been ahead in the match and ahead in the shoot out and then lose.

F**k off Arsenal.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #273: Apr 12, 2013 01:10:35 pm
      Juventus in the European Super Cup. Hit the woodwork 3 times and missed a pen. They scored with their only chance to equalise in the 70th minute. Then they get a pen with 5 mins of extra time left to win it. 20 shots to 2. Haha.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #274: Apr 12, 2013 01:30:42 pm
      Started a Liverpool game, first season really was a rebuilding process ;) Brought Malouda in for less than a million and in his first season he scored 10 and assisted 12. Got knocked out the Europa League semi's by Napoli and disappointly finished 5th. So after the trophyless season I decided to spend big bringing in Falcao for 23 million and Isco for 15 million. However I still can't get rid of Carroll and Downing!

P.S How can you check the worst/best buy of the season?
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #275: Apr 12, 2013 11:34:56 pm
      Started a Liverpool game, first season really was a rebuilding process ;) Brought Malouda in for less than a million and in his first season he scored 10 and assisted 12. Got knocked out the Europa League semi's by Napoli and disappointly finished 5th. So after the trophyless season I decided to spend big bringing in Falcao for 23 million and Isco for 15 million. However I still can't get rid of Carroll and Downing!

P.S How can you check the worst/best buy of the season?
      After the season finishes, you can see it from PL review.

Quick Reply