Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 14th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W1 D1 L0

Pep Segura Quits Liverpool

Read 7335 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Pep Segura Quits Liverpool
      Reply #46: Sep 26, 2012 09:50:55 am
       I might be totally out of kilter here but I wonder if RAFA is lined up for a club and  Pep Segura will join him .
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #47: Sep 26, 2012 11:00:11 am
      I might be totally out of kilter here but I wonder if RAFA is lined up for a club and  Pep Segura will join him .

I read somewhere Rafa is in line with Gullit and a few others to join AC Milan  when they sack thier manager

YNWA
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #48: Sep 26, 2012 11:16:49 am
      They were all good at their jobs but I don't see the need for a big drama over it if I'm going to be honest.

One thing the club has struggled with is maintaining and pressing in equal amounts to collectively restrain the opposition.

Brendan's ethos is completely different and needs a different approach. Under Rafa we were content with sitting back with a 4-5-1, letting a team come towards us, winning the ball back in time and then putting together a passing game. That's all fine and dandy and that's his system. At times it worked, others it didn't and im not going to dwell on that.

Under Rodgers the youth system will promote the 4 P's. The type of staff he needs are conditioning staff. Those who can push players physically every single day in terms of fitness whilst still maintaining the technical level required to compete. Swansea had those people working for them and that is why they stopped any more of the staff following Rodgers out of the door. They're not stupid, they're not going to let those who are trained with their whole ethos to just waltz out of the door.

They were good coaches but they are most definitely replaceable and they will definitely be replaced. If they are being let go then there are reasons for it. If the reasons are they don't want to be at the club then the club is better off without them. If the reasons are they are not good enough then the club is better off without them. No point holding on to coaches who want to be elsewhere.

Burgess was responsible for fitness and conditioning and whether the truth hurts or not the current levels are not up to it. Joe Cole is always looking fat and lethargic and a conditioning coach should be driving into him that he needs to sort it out. Im not putting all of the blame on Burgess but when you have numerous players huffing and puffing their brains out after 60 minutes of a game then something is wrong.

Swansea only won games with their style because players like Dyer never give in. They press for the full 90 and Rodgers will bring in a coach who make that a requirement. There is no point Rodgers having in his team players who are not conditioned to an appropriate level. Sooner or later it starts to hurt you on the pitch, where it matters.

Whilst Pep earned his stripes at Barcelona there is also a reason they were happy to let him go. If he was one of the best coaches and they really wanted him to stay a part of their setup they would have kept him on and offered him a deal to reflect that.

Not wanting to go off topic - but Rafa is well known for his pressing game a la the Milanesque (circa 1980's) approach.  And 4-5-1, sorry, I don't (or didn't) see that.

And hoping the new folks can carry on the good work.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #49: Sep 26, 2012 07:54:29 pm
      hey were all good at their jobs but I don't see the need for a big drama over it if I'm going to be honest.

Well considering Segura recommended our two best players since Rafa left, it goes with out saying he's a big loss.

Segura recommended Meireles and Suarez, can you pick any of Hodgson's or Kenny's buy's that outshone those two ?

As were a football club, its good to have people involved in the football club that can actually spot a talented player.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #50: Sep 26, 2012 07:56:03 pm

Well considering Segura recommended our two best players since Rafa left, it goes with out saying he's a big loss.

Segura recommended Meireles and Suarez, can you pick any of Hodgson's or Kenny's buy's that outshone those two ?

As were a football club, its good to have people involved in the football club that can actually spot a talented player.
      Very true that!
      lancashirelad
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      • I'm only satisfied with the best
      Reply #51: Sep 27, 2012 02:46:35 pm
      Brilliant guy, he will be missed

Quick Reply