Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

January transfer or loan targets / needs.

Read 14159 times
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Re: January transfer or loan targets / needs.
      Reply #92: Oct 22, 2012 11:58:58 am
      Saw reports like chavs are going to buy falco. What a team would it be. :(

On chavs vs spurs match, hazard played some beautiful passes which splitted spurs defense. When was the last time a liverpool player played such a pass. Even though torres missed that opportunity, we misses that kind of runs into the box.
      Would really love to have a player who likes to beat the offside trap and finish it off with ease.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #93: Oct 22, 2012 12:01:39 pm
      You are probably right mate. Huntelaar is perhaps not what FSG want, but like Van Persie he will get 20 goals a season, Walcott, Sturridge would imo only get us around 10-12.

I suppose a lot depends on how deep in their pockets FSG are willing to dig. Dig deep and without doubt there are better fits for the style Brendan wants, if they want cheep, cheerful and effective I think Huntelaar might be the answer.

He would be on massive wages.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #94: Oct 22, 2012 12:14:55 pm
      He would be on massive wages.

I know mate, I mentioned that in my previous post, the only good thing about high wages is they are spead over a few years rather than a big hit all at once. 

The mancs paid £23million for Van Persie (and big wages) £5million for Huntelaar may be a bargain?
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #95: Oct 22, 2012 12:21:22 pm
      Cant see them going for someone like Huntelaar - as well as massive wages - well over 100grand a week , i dont see him fitting in with the BR methods .

The mancs went for short term gain at a price.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #96: Oct 22, 2012 12:22:23 pm
      I know mate, I mentioned that in my previous post, the only good thing about high wages is they are spead over a few years rather than a big hit all at once. 

The mancs paid £23million for Van Persie (and big wages) £5million for Huntelaar may be a bargain?

Aren't we trying to trim the wages?. It would have been awesome if some one sign cole and downing in the jan window,so that we could give that to him.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #97: Oct 22, 2012 12:32:57 pm
      Aren't we trying to trim the wages?. It would have been awesome if some one sign cole and downing in the jan window,so that we could give that to him.

I am hoping we have trimmed the wages mate, now we need to build them back up with players that are worth the money. I would rather pay CL wages for players that will get us there, than pay cheap for players that will keep us where we are.

Yeah I think Cole and Downing are the last two of the obvious candidates for wage trimming.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #98: Oct 22, 2012 12:37:47 pm
      We desperately need a striker and a winger.
      A striker is a must, I'd go for Remy and Walcott, both able to play as striker and winger and have pace.
      This Hooper seems a good deal from what I've read and seen in Fifa :P
      He seems to know where the goal is.

I think we should try to sign this Yilmaz, who was Europe's top scorer last season.
      He is certainly not one of the best strikers in the world (but who knows) but he certainly knows how to score. And getting a good poacher for less than 10mil seems a very good deal to me. I think we should try, he could be our Chicharito?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,373 posts | 4973 
      Reply #99: Oct 22, 2012 12:53:36 pm
      Cant see them going for someone like Huntelaar - as well as massive wages - well over 100grand a week , i dont see him fitting in with the BR methods .

The mancs went for short term gain at a price.

True George but sometimes you need time go for the short term option and I think January should be one of those times we do.

We have an abundance of players for the future, we need one for the here and now and one that is going to hit the ground running.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #100: Oct 22, 2012 12:56:52 pm
      True George but sometimes you need time go for the short term option and I think January should be one of those times we do.

We have an abundance of players for the future, we need one for the here and now and one that is going to high the ground running.

Possibly but I think it will be someone we could still get a decent amount if years from and be around 25 not close to 30.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #101: Oct 22, 2012 01:00:04 pm
      We aren't going to sign anyone that's older. I think the Dempsey debuacle proved that.

If I had to guess, I'd say it won't be someone that's world class, but it will be someone that's got world class potential and is younger than 24 or 25
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,373 posts | 4973 
      Reply #102: Oct 22, 2012 01:02:53 pm
      We aren't going to sign anyone that's older. I think the Dempsey debuacle proved that.

If I had to guess, I'd say it won't be someone that's world class, but it will be someone that's got world class potential and is younger than 24 or 25

I think you're right FL, even though it don't see anything wrong with signing at least one older player, but if we only make one signing in January it can't be a Fabio Borini type player for example.

It's not that I don't rate him it's that I feel we need an experienced head to go with the young players and someone who is at the peak of their game.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #103: Oct 22, 2012 01:05:09 pm
      just saw galatasaray signed him(yilmaz) for 5m... a steal
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #104: Oct 22, 2012 01:06:00 pm
      I think you're right FL, even though it don't see anything wrong with signing at least one older player, but if we only make one signing in January it can't be a Fabio Borini type player for example.

It's not that keen don't rate him it's that I feel we need an experienced head to go with the young players and someone who is at the peak of their game.
      Agree...we really need someone that's going to come on and just score. Have to be honest...I'm a little worried but hopefully I'll be proven wrong and we'll find the right fit.

At this point, our luck seems so off (and I don't even believe in luck) that we could bring Messi in and he'd start hitting the post.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #105: Oct 22, 2012 01:59:02 pm
      Where would you put Luis in the front three if we got him mate? Know you're going to say the left or right but would he be as effective there? Like a Catch 22 for me this.

(Any kind of wages, playing style issues, etc aside) It wouldn't be because at Ajax Saurez was on the right while Huntelaar was central.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #106: Oct 22, 2012 02:04:04 pm
      Agree...we really need someone that's going to come on and just score. Have to be honest...I'm a little worried but hopefully I'll be proven wrong and we'll find the right fit.

At this point, our luck seems so off (and I don't even believe in luck) that we could bring Messi in and he'd start hitting the post.

I don't buy the luck thing anymore, all that stuff with us hitting the post/bar last season. Hitting it once/twice is unlucky, in excess of 30 times points to poor finishing.

All we need is a poacher, nobody to work for the team, no more 'creative players' (as Downing/Henderson provide the chances  :lmao:) )

Huntelaar, Defoe, Hooper players in that mould. Not pointing specifically to those names but that type. Sad part is if Torres hadn't been sucha bell end last January we'd be a super team now
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #107: Oct 22, 2012 02:13:09 pm

The problem as I see it is that you pay almost as much for potential nowadays mate. £11million for Borini, £15million for Allen, £14million for Henderson. The obvious advantage to youth is the sell on value, but sometimes you need someone to give you that bit extra immediately and maybe this is one of those times.

Certainly we could pay £20/25 million and bring in a top striker who is young but already performing at a high level but for a cheap player who is already at his peak Huntelaar would be one answer.

I also think we need a "name" player both to give the support a boost and maybe give the players a little extra confidence.

Think we need an immediate impact player rather than one for the future.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,373 posts | 4973 
      Reply #108: Oct 22, 2012 02:21:49 pm
      The problem as I see it is that you pay almost as much for potential nowadays mate. £11million for Borini, £15million for Allen, £14million for Henderson. The obvious advantage to youth is the sell on value, but sometimes you need someone to give you that bit extra immediately and maybe this is one of those times.

Certainly we could pay £20/25 million and bring in a top striker who is young but already performing at a high level but for a cheap player who is already at his peak Huntelaar would be one answer.

I also think we need a "name" player both to give the support a boost and maybe give the players a little extra confidence.

Think we need an immediate impact player rather than one for the future.

Exactly how I see it saint although I'm not convinced it will happen as I'm not sure FSG have really learnt anything from the close of the last window.

I may be wrong though and hope I am.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #109: Oct 22, 2012 02:26:35 pm
      btw, where is all this Huntelaar talk coming from? If Schalke play their cards right, they should advance to the knockout stages of the Champions League.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #110: Oct 22, 2012 02:35:47 pm
      btw, where is all this Huntelaar talk coming from? If Schalke play their cards right, they should advance to the knockout stages of the Champions League.

He has postponed contract talks mate.... usually means a player is looking at a last big payday either from Schalke or elsewhere. 

‘We have decided that we won’t have any contract talks before December and there will be no new developments,’

‘I have had the feeling Klaas-Jan can’t decide at this stage and I will give him the time he needs.

‘My goal is to persuade him to stay at Schalke and to extend his contract.

‘We will resume the talks in December, January at the latest, and then I expect a quick decision.’

http://football-talk.co.uk/68935/huntelaar-puts-man-utd-spurs-on-alert-after-postponing-contract-talks/
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #111: Oct 22, 2012 02:52:10 pm
      He has postponed contract talks mate.... usually means a player is looking at a last big payday either from Schalke or elsewhere. 

‘We have decided that we won’t have any contract talks before December and there will be no new developments,’

‘I have had the feeling Klaas-Jan can’t decide at this stage and I will give him the time he needs.

‘My goal is to persuade him to stay at Schalke and to extend his contract.

‘We will resume the talks in December, January at the latest, and then I expect a quick decision.’

http://football-talk.co.uk/68935/huntelaar-puts-man-utd-spurs-on-alert-after-postponing-contract-talks/

Ah I didn't see that. That is interesting, but think it's a slim chance as it stands.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #112: Oct 22, 2012 02:52:23 pm
      I cant see us spending money on transfers this winter other than bargain loan deals.

Usual quality in jan not available excuse.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #113: Oct 22, 2012 02:54:00 pm
      I cant see us spending money on transfers this winter other than bargain loan deals.

Usual quality in jan not available excuse.

I can see us spending money on at least one or two transfers this winter.

I guess we look at it this way. Either you or I will be right. ;)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #114: Oct 22, 2012 02:58:54 pm
      I can see us spending money on at least one or two transfers this winter.

I guess we look at it this way. Either you or I will be right. ;)

Looking on the positive side we still have that £3million from not buying Dempsey :)

Quick Reply