Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Raheem Sterling
      36 (33.6%)
      Glen Johnson
      51 (47.7%)
      Brad Jones
      5 (4.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      9 (8.4%)
      Nuri Sahin
      1 (0.9%)
      Joe Allen
      3 (2.8%)
      Someone else
      2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Voting closed: Oct 23, 2012 07:03:33 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Reading: In game and Post Match Debate

Read 29396 times
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,496 posts | 233 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs Reading
      Reply #322: Oct 20, 2012 05:00:55 pm
      I dont think it was that bad a performance. We absolutely dominated possession (85-90%), and created sh*t load of chances.
      But once again, it was the last touch of the attack that let us down. Out finishing is abysmal.

Anyway 3 points was the most important thing today, getting out first win at Anfeild this season

BBC says we only got 56% posession, but maybe its yet to update. I would say at least 65%
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #323: Oct 20, 2012 05:02:44 pm
      Three points and a clean sheet; that'll do. We'd have bother scoring paint at the minute - not much else to say really.  :-\

7 points from 9 aswell, including 2 sheets.  moving on up and whatnot.
      sabbath
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #324: Oct 20, 2012 05:02:58 pm
      Possession was nowhere near 85% that's for sure.  Perhaps for a five minute spell in the game, but no chance overall.  Far too open and not actually creating enough really good chances either.   
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #325: Oct 20, 2012 05:03:04 pm
      BBC says we only got 56% posession, but maybe its yet to update. I would say at least 65%

Im definately wrong then. I think it was the 81st minute when possession stats came up on the screen and said "89%" possession, so I just thought, the overall poss stats at the end of the game would be near enough that
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #326: Oct 20, 2012 05:03:36 pm
      A little bit disappointed with the scoreline as I think we really had it in ourselves to punish them, but a win is a win and I'll take it every day of the week.

Extremely happy for Sterling
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #327: Oct 20, 2012 05:04:11 pm
      Possession was nowhere near 85% that's for sure.  Perhaps for a five minute spell in the game, but no chance overall.  Far too open and not actually creating enough really good chances either.   

I thought Enrique created 2 clear-cut chances for Suarez, only for Luis to waste them.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #328: Oct 20, 2012 05:04:52 pm
      Some great positives. Home win, three points, clean sheet, Shelvey's back (prefer him to Sahin) and creating lots of chances.

But a lot to work on. Defence worries me everytime any team attacks, got to address it. Also, can someone order Suarez to do nothing for the next week but practise finishing? Jesus, the man is brilliant at everything else, just practise finishing you douche.

I think the hounding of the refs by the crowd needs to stop too. Yes they're all c***s who clearly have an agenda not to give Suarez anything, probably because FA want to make an example of him to stamp out diving (funny how they always pick our players to make an example out of), but booing the refs just makes them behave like even bigger pricks. Got to ignore the pathetic gob shites and play our game. We have to silence refs and critics by getting results, not whinging constantly.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4593 
      Reply #329: Oct 20, 2012 05:05:31 pm
      All what matters is the points today and we move up the ladder,long may it continue.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #330: Oct 20, 2012 05:06:18 pm
      Ya agree Johnson was my MOTM, have to say it again what a loss Lucas is.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #331: Oct 20, 2012 05:07:14 pm
      Well I gotta run. Yeah we were wasteful in the second, but we got three points. Always a reason to celebrate that!
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #332: Oct 20, 2012 05:07:33 pm
      Im definately wrong then. I think it was the 81st minute when possession stats came up on the screen and said "89%" possession, so I just thought, the overall poss stats at the end of the game would be near enough that

That was for the last five minutes at that time (76th min to 81st min)
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #333: Oct 20, 2012 05:07:37 pm
      All what matters is the points today and we move up the ladder,long may it continue.

Most important bit and hopefully we, the forum members, can concentrate on that bit the most! :)
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #334: Oct 20, 2012 05:07:48 pm

BBC has been inaccurate for the past few LFC games and looks like it again today.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #335: Oct 20, 2012 05:09:18 pm
      Good that we won. Very nervous second half. But, Geez! How bad was Luis' finishing today!!
      Scottbot

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #336: Oct 20, 2012 05:12:47 pm
      Result & the three points are the main thing but that's just papering over the cracks for me. 

Dreadful second half performance.  Squandering any chances we do create, whilst giving a very poor team plenty of their own.  Scratching my head how one of the best defences in the league has gone down the toilet this year.

Thank god form book goes out the window in the derby, or the blueshite would be big favourites.

your a breath of fresh in the this place
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #337: Oct 20, 2012 05:13:09 pm
      Win more important than the performance today. We won so I am happy. Thought Suarez again was outstanding apart from his finishing. Midfield lost their way second half. Never been a great supporter of Johnson but he was probably our best player today. Happy for Sterling who scored with such a nice finish from a wonderful pass from Suarez.

WE WON! 
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #338: Oct 20, 2012 05:14:14 pm
      We were second best in the second half. Reading had so much of the ball and it was so scary!

But all that matters for me is that we got 3 points and Brendan got his first win at Anfield.

Johnson is my man of the match. He was awesome going forward, while not totally forgetting his defensive duties.

Suarez was a little bit off but I can't blame him after travelling 14000 km from South America.

Also great to see Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Wisdom, Henderson and Allen .. all whom are very wrong.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #339: Oct 20, 2012 05:16:30 pm
      Brad Jones played very well and very happy for him, he didn't let the team down and Pepe should now start fighting for the goalkeeper spot. Stevie is much much better but dissapointed with Suarez, ever wasteful and BR must remind him not to make it a Luis Suarez show in every game. At one point Sahin was clear and he did not make that pass and Sahin was furious. Referee is trying his best to help Reading to win the game. Congrats to Sterling.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #340: Oct 20, 2012 05:26:20 pm
      Thought Suso was very quite today, big fan of the lad though
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #341: Oct 20, 2012 05:26:29 pm
      I think it will be interesting to see how Brendan's system stands up to the heat and passion of a derby match next week, I didn't think it stood up too well today against a limited Reading side.
      smartins1234
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #342: Oct 20, 2012 05:27:08 pm
      Who's the Dickhead moaning about Suarez!!!!!!! Yeah, he dives. Find me a striker who doesn't, tho.  The only problem is he is not that good at it. ;D!!  He's more like Klinsman. It is normal for players to dive, even when it is a clear free kick. Get used to it!!! It is part of the game and has been for years. To say he should be punisshed is ridiculous!!!! Did Stevie dive in 2005? Yeah, but a clear free kick, anyhow!! All Suarez has to do is tone down the theatrics! No body will be assed then. Like i said earlier, all players dive!!!! Grow up and stop being a do gooder!!!
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #343: Oct 20, 2012 05:27:40 pm
      Good. We dominated and won. Bring on Everton. I quick win I hope.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #344: Oct 20, 2012 05:30:34 pm
      Jones was good but my, my his distribution was totally at odds with the style required of him.

Johnson was excellent, obviously MOTM. Suarez was Suarez.

It seems to me he genuinely needs some psychological help to calm him down, it's got to the point where if he doesn't score early he gets himself so angry he tenses up and his finishing gets worse.

Suso and Wisdom weren't as good as they were in other games, but that is to be expected at this point. Sterling was good, Sahin a bit of a passenger for me.

I have a serious question though; how on earth does a manager change a team as chronically wasteful as ourselves?

Kenny, Rafa and Brendan all seen us lose points to consistently wasting chances and silly mistakes. How on earth do you fix that?

Quick Reply