Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC MotM?

Suarez
      (75.2%)
      Allen
      (4.5%)
      Gerrard
      (1.3%)
      Skrtel
      (17.2%)
      Agger
      (1.3%)
      Enrique
      (0.6%)

Everton 2-2 Liverpool: In-game discussion & post-match "WTF?!"

Read 45269 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Everton 2-2 Liverpool: In-game discussion & post-match "WTF?!"
      Reply #621: Oct 28, 2012 04:29:37 pm
      Thought that was abit of a masterclass by Rodgers at half time.

We were well & truly under the cosh before half time, took bollocks to bring another CB and effectively switch to a formation we've rarely deployed.

Got us back in amongst it though & I thought we shaded the second half.

Yep deserves credit for that Danny, thought they were good calls at the time but brave ones and glad he's seeing things right. Not saying my perspective is right but it's much easier to see the obvious from the angles we watch than it is from the touchline, really impressed me with the switch.
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts | 31 
      Reply #622: Oct 28, 2012 04:29:39 pm
      After we lost to Arsenal (having posted a prediction we'd lose by two goals based on our vulnerability at full-back) I posted a suggestion that 3-5-2 would be a better fit for BR's philosophy.

It worked well when he adopted it in the second half today.  Apart from giving us greater height at the back and extra strength in central midfield it meant we had two up top, and the Suarez-Sterling pairing looked very promising, especially with Enrique passing the ball so cleverly.

Full credit to BR for making the switch. I'd like to see him try it again.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #623: Oct 28, 2012 04:29:41 pm
      Literally (and not in a Jamie Redknapp way) one of the worst offside decisions I've ever seen.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Re: LIVE: Everton v Liverpool
      Reply #624: Oct 28, 2012 04:30:36 pm
      Point to note. Occasionally when a lino is caught behind the play, he may wrongly flag for offside due to the angle he sees it from.  In this case the lino is in front of the free kick and the reverse becomes in effect. Meaning he may MISS a player in an offside position due to the angle of his view. As he was at most a yard from the corner flag, best view possible, and the hesitancy, he has to be cheating. He didn't 'bottle it' as some are saying. That is a case when you should be making a decision, and not doing so. Not making a decision when there is no cause to, as in this case. Needs to be removed from the list, and the reasons for the decision investigated.  You can't give what you dont see, and you cant see something that never occured.
      You can sometimes MISS something, but you cant just decide to imagine something. :f_steam:
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #625: Oct 28, 2012 04:31:57 pm
      After we lost to Arsenal (having posted a prediction we'd lose by two goals based on our vulnerability at full-back) I posted a suggestion that 3-5-2 would be a better fit for BR's philosophy.

It worked well when he adopted it in the second half today.  Apart from giving us greater height at the back and extra strength in central midfield it meant we had two up top, and the Suarez-Sterling pairing looked very promising, especially with Enrique passing the ball so cleverly.

I was pleased to see him change things. Firstly, because we looked more solid afterwards and secondly, it showed that BR had an alternative strategy when many critics said he didn't.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #626: Oct 28, 2012 04:33:09 pm
      Oh, fair play to them because the line I mentioned in my original post was posted before the full article had been written and the writer, perhaps, had not seen the replay yet when the line was being typed.

Not even Stevie Wonder would need replays to see that wasn't offside, mate!
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #627: Oct 28, 2012 04:35:53 pm

That c**t of an assistant referee made it on to Crimewatch.  ;D
      sofkop
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #628: Oct 28, 2012 04:36:50 pm

Don't think we need to permanently go that route. Usually our 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 is good enough but today Everton were having none of it and our players were too cowardly to continue the passing game. Everton pressured us and we just ended up hoofing it. If ever their was a game to prove that what Rodgers preaches is the truth, it's that one. Not to mention Sahin was absolutely awful. I read he only attempted 12 passes and had a 58% success rate. I don't know when we'll see the Sahin of Dortmund but he seems a bit lightweight and cowardly atm. Hopefully it doesn't last. We played on the counter in the second half and defended corners/set pieces much better because of the added height.

I thought Brendan was great. He could have been naive and threw on Assaidi for Sterling (who ended up having the best chance of the game) and we would have got battered. The score would have ended at 4-2 or 5-2.
      waz112003
      • Banned

• 70 posts |
      Reply #629: Oct 28, 2012 04:37:30 pm
      Disappointed with the result that we didn't win the game today cause we were the better team. Before the game i would have took a point the way Everton have started their season but to actually dominating at Goodison shows work in progress. It was a dream start we were leading 0-2 but the way we let them come back was a poor defense play plus in the last three games we kept three clean sheet in a row looked solid at the back. Bit disappointed again we didn't finish our chances i thought young Raheem Sterling had a good game but must improve his finishing when he went one v one with keeper but he should have passed it to Luis Suarez to finish it off... I thought Andre Marriner & the linesman had a very poor game cause they weren't strong enough to referee in these games Luis Suarez goal should have stood; it was perfectly onside & also they weren't any foul on Everton player Sebastian Coates perfectly won the aerial battle that's a fact...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #630: Oct 28, 2012 04:38:30 pm
      No mention of Nevilles dive on BBC sport. Only Suarez' celebration, which was apparently ill advised ::)
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #631: Oct 28, 2012 04:40:43 pm
      Lucas Leiva ‏@LucasLeiva87
      Unbelievable .

Too right Lucas lad.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #632: Oct 28, 2012 04:40:58 pm
      No mention of Nevilles dive on BBC sport. Only Suarez' celebration, which was apparently ill advised ::)

I remember Klinnsman getting better press for doing something similar and we hate those Germans.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #633: Oct 28, 2012 04:44:00 pm
      Brad Jones ‏@Brad_Jones1
      Tough game, frustrating in the end too. Typical derby, end to end and plenty to talk about. Great support as usual from our fans #LFC #YNWA
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #634: Oct 28, 2012 04:45:24 pm
      I remember Klinnsman getting better press for doing something similar and we hate those Germans.

I remember that. His goal celebration was a dive after he scored his first goal for Spuds.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #635: Oct 28, 2012 04:46:40 pm

In the post match interview on sly, he said he got a proper bollocking for it at half time and that he would never do it again.

Right Phil, course you wouldn't, any chance of a free kick near the box, he'd be falling over again.   :roll:

Was that an unsubtle dig at Luis maybe or am I being paranoid?
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #636: Oct 28, 2012 04:49:29 pm
      I think BR needs to think about protection for Andre - he's bloody good, but not the finished article yet, he had Suso and Sterling in front of him most of the game....Still happy with a draw.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #637: Oct 28, 2012 04:49:35 pm
      Beginning to think that there is an agenda against us from the FA downwards,too many things happening against us.Perhaps I'm just a cynic.

Too many dubious decisions against us and it's no coincidence. Hopefully we don't have to wait for another 23 years before we know of the truth.
      luciano-lfc
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #638: Oct 28, 2012 04:50:25 pm
      Absolutely ridiculous that linesman. Yet another important decision gone against us. For all of Moyes talk before the game, he must feel pretty damn lucky today.

Congrats to Suarez, he's proving to be the goalscorer we need this season. Others need to start to chip in with goals too for our attack to be more effective, IMO.
      Thought Sterling left some of the team play out today, and was too individual at times. Maybe the fire of the derby got to him.
      How much of a fight does Allen have in him?? I was pretty excited at the way he fought for every ball. Fellaini is almost a foot taller than him, but Allen more than makes it up by being really agressive trying to get the ball.

That's two wins and two draws in the last four games in the league, and the distance to the 4th spot isn't that big. If we can get a run in the next 5 games, we'll be a heck of a lot closer.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #639: Oct 28, 2012 04:51:56 pm
      Also:

On Luis Suarez celebration: "I thought it was great, I would probably have done the same..."

Fair play Gollum.

That is only half the quote. He then said "Suarez will have to dive in front of a lot of premier league managers though."
      sofkop
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #640: Oct 28, 2012 04:54:09 pm
      I really hope we won't be crying about wrongful decisions the way we did about hitting the woodwork last season.

Seems Liverpool are suffering from perpetual unluckiness.

Two heated matches totally ruined by refs already this season. United at home, Everton away. I hope United away and Everton at home are a different story.
      Aggeraphobia
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #641: Oct 28, 2012 04:56:42 pm
      Forget other teams getting that goal, reckon if it had been any of our players except Suarez it would have been given.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #642: Oct 28, 2012 04:58:04 pm
      Also:

On Luis Suarez celebration: "I thought it was great, I would probably have done the same..."

Fair play Gollum.

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty
      Moyes quote re. Suarez celebration: "He is going to have to dive in front of a lot of managers now." #bbcfootball
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #643: Oct 28, 2012 04:59:26 pm
      Not even Stevie Wonder would need replays to see that wasn't offside, mate!

We must sing .... "I just called to say I (f**king) hate you". Don't worry, we'll get another chance to meet this linesman again and we shall give him hell, payback time is due. By the way what's that idiot's name?

Quick Reply