Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Brad Jones
      12 (10.4%)
      Jose Enrique
      61 (53%)
      Raheem Sterling
      3 (2.6%)
      Luis Suarez
      28 (24.3%)
      Someone else
      11 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: Nov 14, 2012 07:11:46 pm

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Relief?

Read 42122 times
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Re: LIVE: Chelsea v Liverpool
      Reply #598: Nov 11, 2012 06:23:15 pm
      Enrique was a F***ing beast today as well. His physical power is so strong its unreal. The way he runs with the ball holding men off is something to watch. Maybe we can push him further forward in the future? I liked the look of him and Johnson on the same side.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #599: Nov 11, 2012 06:23:54 pm
      Eh?  Don't remember many saying we'd lost at half time.  I was thinking we might get battered if the gaffer didn't change things second half because we were rotten first half.

He did and we improved massively and got a deserved point.  Could have been three in the end.

Well played lads!

Someone was going on about us losing at half time and asking "what the excuses will be"
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #600: Nov 11, 2012 06:23:59 pm
      Big change second half and Suso really had an impact along with the change in formation.

Enrique was also excellent second half after a poor showing in the first and I personally would have taken him off but credit to the manager and player.

Suarez yet again on the score sheet and scary to think where we'd be without him.

All in all a good point and now let's get some wins in games in the next run of games.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #601: Nov 11, 2012 06:24:32 pm
      The moment we put enough bodies inside their box, we became a real threat. We had four when we scored, if I'm not mistaken and we could have more. Something refreshing for a change.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #602: Nov 11, 2012 06:24:51 pm
      We have a nice run of "winnable" games ahead of us

That is where the trouble starts. :(
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #603: Nov 11, 2012 06:25:28 pm
      I feel the criticism of Brad's distribution whilst fair, detracts from an otherwise commanding performance. He kept us in the game on more than one occassion as I remember.

Trust Howard Webb to intercept the ball for Chelsea which lead to them scoring :f_steam:

Most folk are going for Enrique, but I thought Gerrard had a great game as well.

He has stepped in for Pepe very well - he still makes me nervous but deserves a lot of credit.
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #604: Nov 11, 2012 06:25:40 pm
      Good 2nd half and we deserved the point. Where would we be without Suarez , if he gets injured we are totally stuffed.
      If our owners  are not prepared to put a decent ammount of money into the kitty for transfers in January , then I think they need to question themselves about how committed they are to Liverpool Football Club.

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #605: Nov 11, 2012 06:26:21 pm
      That is where the trouble starts. :(

What expectation? Or teams we should beat? I think the latter... was a problem last season and I think we will beat the majority of our next 10 matches...
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #606: Nov 11, 2012 06:27:40 pm
      Would have taken that before the game.

Think a good final 20 minutes will shadow over a very poor first 70 though.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #607: Nov 11, 2012 06:28:27 pm
      The more game time Brad has, he's only going to get better. Didn't get too many wron s but made some good saves instead, but has to distrubute the ball better and not taking it too casual.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #608: Nov 11, 2012 06:28:28 pm
      No criticism for Jones from me.

He was excellent and kept us in it at times like he's done a few games recently.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #609: Nov 11, 2012 06:29:30 pm
      I think we will beat the majority of our next 10 matches...

I really hope so. Also, want the owners to buy some players and show some f**kin ambition in Jan.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #610: Nov 11, 2012 06:30:33 pm
      We have a nice run of "winnable" games ahead of us and would expect that come January we are in a much better position than we are now...

Agreed, Results in December make or break the season looking at the fixtures, then we all know what has to happen Jan . . . .
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #611: Nov 11, 2012 06:31:27 pm
      50 days to go until January 1st

How many games have we got in that time?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #612: Nov 11, 2012 06:31:35 pm
      Would have taken that before the game.

Think a good final 20 minutes will shadow over a very poor first 70 though.

Agreed. I can't remember the last time we gave the ball away so much or so cheaply as we did today. As for Brad Jones, he's a decent shot stopper but neither his judgement nor his ability to come out of goal under pressure fill me with any confidence. Sooner Pepe is back the better.

Where would we be without Suarez

Bottom of the table with 2 points is where we'd be without his goals this season. Frightening.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #613: Nov 11, 2012 06:32:57 pm
      50 days to go until January 1st

How many games have we got in that time?

Six in the league and I think two in Europa?
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #614: Nov 11, 2012 06:33:16 pm
      Someone was going on about us losing at half time and asking "what the excuses will be"

You always get some of that on here though.  Most of the time it's just passion and disappointment, same as posters saying someone's sh*te when they had a poor first half, but then plays an important part in the second half, like Carra for example, had a shocker in the first but got an outstanding assist (made up for him!) and young Andre had a shocker as well, but his movement forward started the whole goal movement off for us.

That's watching a game and posting about it I guess.  Emotions run riot and what you post, often in anger at the time, can't be taken back.

Can't hang anyone for that.  Berate them at the time if it annoys you, but not after the end result.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #615: Nov 11, 2012 06:33:21 pm
      Doesn't matter where we would be without Suarez because guess what - we do have Suarez.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #616: Nov 11, 2012 06:33:52 pm
      You have got to be f**king messing! Have you had a look at your posts today?
      Show me.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #617: Nov 11, 2012 06:34:35 pm
      "When you've made gravy under gunfire you can do anything."  :dunceblock:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #618: Nov 11, 2012 06:35:57 pm
      Doesn't matter where we would be without Suarez because guess what - we do have Suarez.

It would matter if he was injured and that's what people are meaning.

Relying on one player is ok if that player plays every game. If he is out then problems arise.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #619: Nov 11, 2012 06:36:22 pm
      You always get some of that on here though.  Most of the time it's just passion and disappointment, same as posters saying someone's sh*te when they had a poor first half, but then plays an important part in the second half, like Carra for example, had a shocker in the first but got an outstanding assist (made up for him!) and young Andre had a shocker as well, but his movement forward started the whole goal movement off for us.

That's watching a game and posting about it I guess.  Emotions run riot and what you post, often in anger at the time, can't be taken back.

Can't hang anyone for that.  Berate them at the time if it annoys you, but not after the end result.

It just shows a lack of support for the team

It's giving up and the looking for blame - its pathetic really.

We all call players sh*t or say they are playing sh*t and be critical etc but we still get behind the players and urge them to improve etc.

This won't go down well but it seems some just wait for us to lose so that the blame game can start all over again.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #620: Nov 11, 2012 06:37:43 pm
      It would matter if he was injured and that's what people are meaning.

Relying on one player is ok if that player plays every game. If he is out then problems arise.

Yeah I know - positive thinking though - not going to think about that and going to get through to Jan with him ripping up the prem.

Quick Reply