Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Brad Jones
      12 (10.4%)
      Jose Enrique
      61 (53%)
      Raheem Sterling
      3 (2.6%)
      Luis Suarez
      28 (24.3%)
      Someone else
      11 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: Nov 14, 2012 07:11:46 pm

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Relief?

Read 41726 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: LIVE: Chelsea v Liverpool
      Reply #644: Nov 11, 2012 07:00:17 pm

Did somebody say your posting was 'terribly negative'?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,670 posts | 7156 
      Reply #645: Nov 11, 2012 07:01:45 pm

According to SKy we would have 2 points and be bottom without Luis Goals. :o
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #646: Nov 11, 2012 07:01:56 pm

What about you posting about looking for excuses when we lose at half time - great post I thought
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,340 posts | 4963 
      Reply #647: Nov 11, 2012 07:03:04 pm

Seen that Walton and that's what we mean about the scary thought of life without Luis.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #648: Nov 11, 2012 07:03:15 pm

And the Mancs would be in the bottom half without RvP goals.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,340 posts | 4963 
      Reply #649: Nov 11, 2012 07:04:27 pm
      Hernandez would have plenty if RVP was out injured.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #650: Nov 11, 2012 07:09:49 pm
      Considering how crap we played at times, I'll take a point gladly.  :)

Now let's win 3 or 4 in a row and get up the table please.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,670 posts | 7156 
      Reply #651: Nov 11, 2012 07:11:01 pm
      Hernandez would have plenty if RVP was out injured.
      Yes exactly the point is UTD have options we have Luis.Although we wouldn't swap him for anyone its a pretty scary place to be when you have only one striker on the books worthy of being at a top premier club.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,658 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #652: Nov 11, 2012 07:15:37 pm
      The Heavy - How You Like Me Now? (Official Video)

Without Luis a world of pain.
      Every time he digs us out I hear this song.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,340 posts | 4963 
      Re: Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Relief?
      Reply #653: Nov 11, 2012 07:15:40 pm
      I went for Raheem in the end for MOTM.

Consistently good throughout the 90 minutes.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6977 
      Reply #654: Nov 11, 2012 07:16:33 pm
      Under the circumstances that was a great point.

But I'm embarrassed to call a point 'great'.

Shameful display.  Thank the lord we have Luis Suarez.  Analytically, we are miles behind even last season.  Oh how this game called for a Kuyt, a Bellamy, a Rodriguez or even an Andy Carroll.  But they were all farmed off as part of 'exercise cost-cutting'.

I can understand Rodgers' philosophy, but I am concerned about his ability to coach a team in both the final and the first third of the pitch.  I desperately want him to turn it around - but I have my doubts.

12 points from 11 games is wholly unacceptable.  Let's not gloss over that, but today was a well earned point for one of the worst Liverpool performances I've seen in my lifetime of supporting them.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #655: Nov 11, 2012 07:16:54 pm
      I did and then was called a "superfan" and accepting mediocrity - just for showing support.

Sorry for the delay, had to feed the cats.  I meant at half time when the comments were made, not after the final whistle.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #656: Nov 11, 2012 07:19:49 pm

Same here
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #657: Nov 11, 2012 07:22:15 pm
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #658: Nov 11, 2012 07:26:46 pm
      Not as impressed with Enrique as some, I thought some of his decision making & distribution was still sub-par.  Thought Suso was key to our comeback.
      That's what I was thinking. He had his moments, but for the most part he looked heavy and cumbersome.

I gave motm to Gerrard, so I'm sure he'll sleep well tonight knowing that.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #659: Nov 11, 2012 07:27:00 pm
      I've gone for Jose Enrique as my MOTM, best performance I've seen from him in a long while.  Keep that up Jose please!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #660: Nov 11, 2012 07:29:29 pm

See, that's what I love about football, the differences in peoples opinions. For me he was average at best, making incorrect decisions, and fading in and mostly out of the game for the most part.

He picked up second half, but is a million miles away from being (my) motm.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,670 posts | 7156 
      Reply #661: Nov 11, 2012 07:29:36 pm

Shameful display.  Thank the lord we have Luis Suarez.  Analytically, we are miles behind even last season.  Oh how this game called for a Kuyt, a Bellamy, a Rodriguez or even an Andy Carroll.  But they were all farmed off as part of 'exercise cost-cutting'.

I can understand Rodgers' philosophy, but I am concerned about his ability to coach a team in both the final and the first third of the pitch.  I desperately want him to turn it around - but I have my doubts.

12 points from 11 games is wholly unacceptable.  Let's not gloss over that, but today was a well earned point for one of the worst Liverpool performances I've seen in my lifetime of supporting them.
      It should not be seen as negative to admit this team so far has performed poorly.12 point and a goal difference of -2 is very hard to defend and on the current points tally we will struggle to get much more than 40.
      The standard this club has set means we should never accept anything but success anything less is disrespectful to those who have made the club a success.
      Having a pop at the team for a terrible first half is not a crime and if you think that everyone at Anfield only ever talks positively then think again.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #662: Nov 11, 2012 07:29:50 pm
      That's what I was thinking. He had his moments, but for the most part he looked heavy and cumbersome.

I gave motm to Gerrard, so I'm sure he'll sleep well tonight knowing that.

Your opinion which you have every right to mate but I didn't see that from him at all.  He made mistakes today, as did everyone, but I thought that was his best game for a long time.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,670 posts | 7156 
      Reply #663: Nov 11, 2012 07:31:00 pm

See, that's what I love about football, the differences in peoples opinions. For me he was average at best, making incorrect decisions, and fading in and mostly out of the game for the most part.

He picked up second half, but is a million miles away from being (my) motm.
      Agreed mate he looked lost most of the first half but played very well the last 20 mins
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #664: Nov 11, 2012 07:31:23 pm

We went toe-to-toe with the Champions of Europe (who've added another 60M in talented players over the summer) and had chances to win the game despite playing with a number of teenagers!!  Luis could have won it when he went through, but Cech saved them!!  Then Enrique could have (perhaps should have) buried one right at the end!!

We didn't play well in the first half, but then again neither did they really. Chelsea had a few more chances and were the better side in the first half, but they never really got hold of the game and dominated it for any real period of time....  In the last 15 minutes, I thought we looked the more likely winners, and the Chelsea players looked nervous!!!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #665: Nov 11, 2012 07:31:37 pm
      It would be nice to discuss a game of football here for once without the usual bitchiness between certain posters.

I never usually comment on stuff like this, but take a look back over the last 4 of 5 pages - it's unbelievable!
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #666: Nov 11, 2012 07:31:44 pm

I'm sure you'll get slated , but I agree with the majority of your points. I too have my doubts about his ability to turn it around.
      Most supporters I know are equally concerned , but keep quiet for fear of being branded as lesser supporters.
      Many of us were  less than convinced initially , but we were prepared to be proven wrong , we wanted to be proven wrong desperately , but unfortunately we are still are unconvinced.
      I desperately want to be proven wrong , I will take great delight in saying ' I got it wrong ' . I still support the manager , but I am not convinced he is the answer

Quick Reply