Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Agger
      8 (7.8%)
      Reina
      30 (29.1%)
      Suarez
      7 (6.8%)
      Sterling
      4 (3.9%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Enrique
      39 (37.9%)
      Johnson
      11 (10.7%)
      Someone else
      4 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Nov 28, 2012 04:16:18 pm

Swansea 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chat

Read 29885 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Re: LIVE: Swansea v Liverpool
      Reply #414: Nov 25, 2012 04:16:15 pm
      Really worried where our season will end up. 8 games unbeaten but still dropping points because we have no desire or enough guile to win games, 5 of those games have been draws. we have played 13 league games and failed to win 10 of them.
      Man of the match would be Pepe, our worst player was the combined vision in midfield of henderson & allen.
      You can't blame downing for being crap at full back, he's crap anywhere....
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Re: LIVE: Swansea v Liverpool
      Reply #415: Nov 25, 2012 04:16:55 pm
      January can't come soon enough can't wait for the dung to be shoveled out and some quality brought in!
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Re: Swansea 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chat
      Reply #416: Nov 25, 2012 04:17:41 pm
      Frustrating but I'll take the point. We're not losing at least.  :-\ We need to grab a win against Spurs now though after failing to win this one.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #417: Nov 25, 2012 04:17:51 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #418: Nov 25, 2012 04:26:15 pm
      Enrique was my MOTM considering he had to play as both winger and defender to cover that non entity downing, did both jobs very capably.

I went for Jose as well.

Posed a threat going forward and also did quite a bit of defending as well and as you say was almost doing both jobs on the left for us.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #419: Nov 25, 2012 04:32:13 pm
      It looked like we were happy with the draw and a point away isnt too bad as long as we win our home games.
      We are a mid table team our points total doesn't lie but with a bit of umph in the side we could do so much better.January is going to be such an important month for the club.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #420: Nov 25, 2012 04:33:58 pm
      A lot of maybe naturally over negative reaction

It wasn't great but it's another point gained helping us move forward. It's a step by step process to turn us around and get us back strong in all areas - each game so far has small positives that we can build on.

Bloody long way to go yet and certainly there will be more frustrating games to come - we will have to go through more ups and down yet before emerging from the other side.
      Don77

• 6,621 posts | 1115 
      Reply #421: Nov 25, 2012 04:38:25 pm
      Went for enrique for motm....thought he was excellent. Pepe not far behind though and Agger Skrtel and Jonno were solid at the back!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,281 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #422: Nov 25, 2012 04:42:09 pm
      Enrique for my mom
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #423: Nov 25, 2012 04:54:00 pm
      Gone for Pepe as my MOTM.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #424: Nov 25, 2012 05:01:15 pm
      Very worried about the form of our skipper. Another poor and passionless display I felt. That back heel in the first half summed him up for a few seasons now.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #425: Nov 25, 2012 05:01:30 pm
      MOTM was a toss us between Enrique and Reina. Went for Jose in the end.
      sandale
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #426: Nov 25, 2012 05:14:36 pm
      Pepe Reina MOTM for me! Saved some really good attempts on goal by the hosts!

It wasn't the best game showed by Liverpool in this season, wasn't the best either! Still, one point also values a lot for Liverpool these days :)
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #427: Nov 25, 2012 05:26:42 pm
      Gerrad should smarten up else he will be a liability soon. Getting fed up draws and the lack of goals, boring boring. Wonder if we had  the wba manager if it would be better.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #428: Nov 25, 2012 05:27:49 pm
      A lot of maybe naturally over negative reaction

It wasn't great but it's another point gained helping us move forward. It's a step by step process to turn us around and get us back strong in all areas - each game so far has small positives that we can build on.

Bloody long way to go yet and certainly there will be more frustrating games to come - we will have to go through more ups and down yet before emerging from the other side.

Well if you're satisfied with moving forward at a snail's pace then yes, we're moving forward. Most fans would not see moving a single position up the mid-table as a sign of progress with teams like West Ham, Swansea, Fulham and West Brom above us. The wrong team was put out today, pure and simple. I don't care how hard Hendo and Downing work in training, they're talentless and, in the case of Downing, lazy. Some of our other players also need a serious kick up the arse. Gerrard and Allen are getting worse the further on in the season we get and whilst Sterling makes good runs, he lacks a killer instinct. At this rate, the step by step process will take another generation so I don't think it's any way a negative over reaction to level criticism at the team.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #429: Nov 25, 2012 05:32:57 pm
      Well if you're satisfied with moving forward at a snail's pace then yes, we're moving forward. Most fans would not see moving a single position up the mid-table as a sign of progress with teams like West Ham, Swansea, Fulham and West Brom above us. The wrong team was put out today, pure and simple. I don't care how hard Hendo and Downing work in training, they're talentless and, in the case of Downing, lazy. Some of our other players also need a serious kick up the arse. Gerrard and Allen are getting worse the further on in the season we get and whilst Sterling makes good runs, he lacks a killer instinct. At this rate, the step by step process will take another generation so I don't think it's any way a negative over reaction to level criticism at the team.

Rome wasn't built in a day

Just as 3 years of going backwards wasn't going to be changed in 11 games
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #430: Nov 25, 2012 06:01:34 pm
      this is what i think.

1, downing need a rocket up his arse. an explosive one.
      2, gerrard is slowly becoming less and less special. allen's form keeps sinking and henderson still needs a shrink, or balls.  maybe shelvey can lend him two or three. and that's our midfield 3
      3, i really think sterling 's skill is being wasted. it seems like the whole team has no plan for when he goes past his mark.  i wasnt even having the feeling we would score when he got to the back line
      4, nice to see pepe making some good saves
      5, if we have to rely on joe F***ing cole to turn games in our favor, we will enter a world of pain
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #431: Nov 25, 2012 06:03:23 pm
       I thought we were decent and a tad unlucky not to win it. They're a good side at Home, and but for a cigarette paper margin offside call and the crossbar, people would be saying we were brilliant.

One or two talking about Gerrard, and I actually think he is some way short of being 100% fit (infact I'm sure of it). You can see in the way that his mobility is affected, and my guess is that in the fullness of time we will realise that at the moment he is sacrificing himself for the team. He still was the architect of almost every bit of quality we showed, hence the managers determination to wedge him into the team no matter what.

Biggest disappointment for me was Joe Allen who has really gone off the boil these last few weeks. Downing was sh!te but that doesn't disappoint me because I expect it, similarly Henderson was ordinary. The MOM for us was between Reina, Skrtel, Enrique and Suarez. I gave it to Reina because a) I always give it to Suarez and b) he made a couple fo smart stops.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1526 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #432: Nov 25, 2012 06:05:50 pm
      5, if we have to rely on joe F***ing cole to turn games in our favor, we will enter a world of pain

Until January.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #433: Nov 25, 2012 06:06:09 pm
      Just as well we got a point out of today would of hated to end the league in 11th instead of 10th !
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #434: Nov 25, 2012 06:06:40 pm
      Henderson and Downing are awful and should not be in the starting line up this season ship them out in the Jan transfer window!!!!!!!

When a combine KK and BR has given both of them almost 40 or more matches to show how good they are and they haven't, both simply doesn't deserve to stay.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #435: Nov 25, 2012 06:19:26 pm
      Very worried about the form of our skipper. Another poor and passionless display I felt. That back heel in the first half summed him up for a few seasons now.
      I had a close look at Stevie prior to the teams coming out on the pitch and he looked very tired,to put it bluntly he looked like he had had no sleep.I was very disappointed with not only the result but the way we  played, this close passing is all very well and good but we cried out for a long defence splitting pass.I will give Pepe Reina my M.O.M.for keeping a clean sheet and a couple of great saves.
      « Last Edit: Nov 25, 2012 06:37:39 pm by Billy1 »
      redpool
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #436: Nov 25, 2012 06:27:33 pm

Carrol, Hendo, Downing, Allen and Borini for a combined transfer fees of close to a 100 million pounds! How many goals have these players scored since joining Liverpool. Any wonder why we are not winning many games in the past one and half seasons.

Quick Reply