Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. How will the Reds get on at the 'Lane' on Wednesday?

An amazing away win?
      51 (58%)
      Another draw?
      31 (35.2%)
      A sad defeat?
      6 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Tottenham v Liverpool 19:45 28/11/12

Read 10814 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Re: Tottenham v Liverpool 19:45 28/11/12
      Reply #92: Nov 28, 2012 05:47:38 pm
      Been told the team is:

Reina
      Wisdom
      Skrtel
      Agger
      Johnson
      Gerrard
      Allen
      Henderson
      Sterling
      Suarez
      Enrique

Bloody hope not. Completely lacking in adventure, particularly in midfield. If that's the line-up I suspect Suarez will be isolated and we'll surrender much of the possession to them. Fingers crossed your mate is wrong. I really can't see a middie 3 of Gerrard, Allen and Henderson getting the nod for a 2nd straight game, surely?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #93: Nov 28, 2012 05:55:07 pm
      Bloody hope not. Completely lacking in adventure, particularly in midfield. If that's the line-up I suspect Suarez will be isolated and we'll surrender much of the possession to them. Fingers crossed your mate is wrong. I really can't see a middie 3 of Gerrard, Allen and Henderson getting the nod for a 2nd straight game, surely?

I am ok with this, we are playing away from home and Spurs can be deadly on the counter so a more defensive midfield pairing of Hendo/Allen seems appropriate. This is a mid-week clash against a decent side so I suspect Stevie will be up for this one as well as the other 3 upfront. Shelvey/Suso as impact mid-field subs if needed, though I think Shelvey has more confidence/goals in him then Hendo, he is more likely to make a rash challenge or get burned on a counter, Hendo for all of his faults tracks back well which is going to be needed seeing Andre will match up against "Donkey Kong" Bale.
      Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #94: Nov 28, 2012 06:20:11 pm
      I am ok with this, we are playing away from home and Spurs can be deadly on the counter so a more defensive midfield pairing of Hendo/Allen seems appropriate. This is a mid-week clash against a decent side so I suspect Stevie will be up for this one as well as the other 3 upfront. Shelvey/Suso as impact mid-field subs if needed, though I think Shelvey has more confidence/goals in him then Hendo, he is more likely to make a rash challenge or get burned on a counter, Hendo for all of his faults tracks back well which is going to be needed seeing Andre will match up against "Donkey Kong" Bale.

I'd rather see Sahin, Shelvey or Suso all in ahead of Henderson. Sahin is a far superior passer to Hendo and both Sehelvey and Suso will make an effort to get forward an support Suarez. A midfield of Gerrard, Allen and Henderson is lacking guile. Stevie is playing much deeper, Allen plays too deep to affect the game going forward and Henderson (for all his bluster and running about) simply doesn't have it in his locker. also, if we play with a leftie (Enrique) on the left and a rightie (Sterling) on the right then the need for midfield runners is even more important. I prefer to see our wide men reversed and looking to play inside on their stronger foot, it means the full-backs can get forward naturally and puts less requirement on the centre-middies to get in touch with Suarez (because they don't do it often enough at the moment).
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #95: Nov 28, 2012 06:24:42 pm
      Bloody hope not. Completely lacking in adventure

Thats been the season so far!!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,707 posts | 7164 
      Reply #96: Nov 28, 2012 06:25:34 pm
      Its good Henderson is getting a game he is still young and can develop .He played ok on sunday made some great runs but never received the ball and always tracked back.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #97: Nov 28, 2012 06:28:28 pm
      Been told the team is:

Reina
      Wisdom
      Skrtel
      Agger
      Johnson
      Gerrard
      Allen
      Henderson
      Sterling
      Suarez
      Enrique

The fact Enriques name comes after Suarez is just Brilliant , Something i never thought id ever see
      Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #98: Nov 28, 2012 06:30:56 pm
      Its good Henderson is getting a game he is still young and can develop .He played ok on sunday made some great runs but never received the ball and always tracked back.

I think you're being a bit kind to the lad there fella. I look at the other options and have to question whether he deserves to start a big game against Spurs. Can he pass it as well as Shelvey, Sahin and Suso? Not for me. Does he make more tackles than those three? Maybe more than Suso but not so sure the other two. The other 3 lads all shoot better and are more creative. In fact the only area I can see where Hendo edges it is in the ground he covers but with Allen playing the anchor role and Stevie seemingly playing far deeper surely we need someone in there to compliment those two and Hendo really doesn't. If Stevie was injured and Shelvey came into the team then perhaps it might have better balance but for me (assuming we run with those 3 today) it is totally unbalanced.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #99: Nov 28, 2012 06:34:16 pm
      I agree Scott - don't like that midfield three as well. It's too safe with not enough creativity and drive from the middle of the park.

Would much prefer Suso or Shelvey in there
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 233 
      Reply #100: Nov 28, 2012 06:40:05 pm
      Well lets see what the confirmed team is then
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #101: Nov 28, 2012 06:54:32 pm