Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Our best 11 with Lucas back and inform??? Who drops??

Read 3882 times
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: Our best 11 with Lucas back and inform??? Who drops??
      Reply #23: Nov 30, 2012 12:34:21 pm
      Lucas in the back 3 ?!

Is that a mistake Diego ?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #24: Nov 30, 2012 12:47:34 pm
      Not a mistake, to be honest I'm just trying to think of different things :D

I'm thinking more like Busquets play for Barcelona, depending on the opposition he sometimes drops even deeper than the CBs in order to collect the ball... I would expect him to step out of defense when we have the ball though... you can put him alongside Allen in midfield if you want :D

The idea is to give greater freedom to the fullbacks and also enable Allen to be more proactive.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #25: Nov 30, 2012 12:49:45 pm
      I was thinking we should try playing with 2 strikers to ease the load... oh wait a second.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #26: Nov 30, 2012 12:51:10 pm
      Reina; Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson; Lucas, Allen, Gerrard; Sterling, Suarez, Enrique.

That is our best XI up until January imo. While Gerrard may not be in the best of form, he is still a player that is creating chances, unlike so many of our other players. He's still a player that takes a risk with a through ball, goes for the killer pass, is easily our best finisher, and he still offers us a lot on set plays.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #27: Nov 30, 2012 12:55:52 pm
      Reina; Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson; Lucas, Allen, Gerrard; Sterling, Suarez, Enrique.

That is our best XI up until January imo. While Gerrard may not be in the best of form, he is still a player that is creating chances, unlike so many of our other players. He's still a player that takes a risk with a through ball, goes for the killer pass, is easily our best finisher, and he still offers us a lot on set plays.

He's all that, true, but he's also lethargic these days and the game just passes him by in midfield. That's why if we really need Gerrard, I would try him upfront, where his flaws wouldn't be so exposed. Suarez and Sterling would need to do a lot of pressing and cover a lot of ground, but I think it's possible.

Reina
                   Skrtel      Lucas      Agger                 
         Johnson        Allen   Sahin        Enrique
                   Suarez  Gerrard   Sterling
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #28: Nov 30, 2012 01:00:51 pm
      I think that with Lucas back we could play with 3 at the back. That would be a back 3 of Skrtel..Coates..Agger. I would have Jose LWB and Glen RWB. I would give Gerrard another 3 games to find his form and motivation. I also think having Lucas back will help Stevie. Allen to partner Gerrard but pushed forward a bit. If given the chance he could link up with Suarez and Sterling. He has a great first touch and 9 times out of 10 will make a pass. This would mean Sterling play more centrally with support from Glen and Jose. Get a couple of players in January and we have a very good starting 11. Having Lucas back is a major boost.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 261 
      Reply #29: Nov 30, 2012 01:51:09 pm
      Hope the owner don't visit this forum or I can see now they very busy calculate the price of Steven Gerrard if sale him to American club or the like of Anzhi, it's really excellent job improve a wage bill  :f_tongueincheek:

If Lucas come back fully fit and in good form then I'd like to see this lineup :

Reina

Skrtel                  Agger
                     Johnson                                                        Enrique
                                                        Lucas

Gerrard            Sahin 

Suso                                                          Sterling

Suarez                                                     

Who drops?  If it's me I'll put Allen on the bench.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #30: Nov 30, 2012 02:47:13 pm
      For me it's a midfield 3 of Lucas, Allen and Shelvey/Gerrard. On current form I think Shelvey should get a few games ahead of Stevie.

Think Sahin was brought in to cover in the European games and the domestic cups so our first choice/permanent midfielders can have a rest.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #31: Nov 30, 2012 05:12:34 pm
      I would rather see Gerrard on the bench in all fairness. Personally I would have a midfield three of Lucas-Allen-Sahin with Suso and Sterling out on the wings. I'd entertain the idea of Shelvey swapping with Allen or Sahin but I'm unpleasantly surprised by how much I think those 4 midfielders are more useful than Gerrard at the moment.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #32: Dec 06, 2012 02:14:39 pm
      Allen - all day long - not convincing at all.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #33: Dec 06, 2012 02:37:34 pm

I agree Allen is in a poor run of form but do you not think he deserves a few starts in his natural position now Lucas is back? After all he wasn't bought to play defensive midfield.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #34: Dec 06, 2012 02:47:32 pm

Thought he was pretty good against saints in a more advanced role, just as BR said he would be.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #35: Dec 06, 2012 04:49:03 pm
      I think this is our best lineup:

Reina

Johnson         Skrtel            Agger                Enrique

Sahin              Lucas

Shelvey                  Gerrard                         Sterling

Suarez

Shelvey tucked in more. Sahin hasn't done much to earn the role, but I know how great he was at Dortmund as the more creative of a defensive two.

Quick Reply