Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Sacrifice Europe for the league?

Read 5981 times
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Re: Sacrifice Europe for the league?
      Reply #46: Dec 13, 2007 11:15:22 am
      Sacrifice Europe for the league?..........F*CK NO!!

If you are to improve, you dont have to do so at the expence of something else. We cant be satisfied with only one part of a season...

I see no reason why we cant win the treble!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #47: Dec 13, 2007 12:08:48 pm
      CL gives us a lot of international coverage that G&H want/need to cash in on the brand internationally...

The Prem also gives us this... but the CL more so vs international competition/brands.
      Barnes.on.the.left
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts | -1 
      Reply #48: Dec 13, 2007 08:35:10 pm
      On Sky Sports last night they were saying that this years winner of the Champions League will raise approximately £30 million. However the team that finishes bottom of the premiership this season will earn the same amount. I wouldnt so much say sacrifice Europe but we should be concentrating on the League more than we are at the moment. It has been 17 f***in years since we last did it and its really getting to me now.
      Fowler23
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #49: Dec 13, 2007 08:39:30 pm
      I agree. Its been too long now. We need to break back into that top band of elite European clubs. A higher level of competing on the domestic stage and the new stadium should enable this
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #50: Dec 13, 2007 09:55:56 pm
      I think we need to go for both.  With cover for the Centre Backs in January we will certainly have the class and depth to achieve both.  Play the reserves and the fringe players in the domestic cups and only bring in the big guns if we reach the final.

Lose the European nights at Anfield?  F*ck that.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #51: Dec 14, 2007 11:09:10 am
      I think we need to go for both.  With cover for the Centre Backs in January we will certainly have the class and depth to achieve both.  Play the reserves and the fringe players in the domestic cups and only bring in the big guns if we reach the final.

Lose the European nights at Anfield?  F*ck that.

Yes, yes I want both as well. No compromise on that. I'm greedy for a good reason.

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #52: Dec 14, 2007 12:34:00 pm
      We really are clicking right now... I hope we win the Premiership more than the CL. Nothing can beat that night in Istambul, nothing... except winning the Premiership vs the scum on the last day of the season!!!

Oh those tears of joy will flow...
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #53: Dec 19, 2007 03:14:28 pm
      Europe is very important for the transfer market, for attracting quality european players and most of all it is the biggest competition in club football and we are a bench mark in the history of the competition.  Arsenal, utd, chelsea and Barcelona may be able to put this tournament off their top priorities, but Real Madrid, AC milan and that great English club can certainly not, we have a duty to stand tall in the competition.
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2007 09:30:41 pm by king kenny »

Quick Reply