Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. How will the Reds do at West Ham without Suarez?

A draw is on the cards?
      12 (22.2%)
      A win for the Hammers?
      3 (5.6%)
      A brilliant away win for the Redmen?
      39 (72.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pre Match: West Ham vs Liverpool F.C (16:00 GMT , 9 December )

Read 8003 times
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 332 posts |
      Pre Match: West Ham vs Liverpool F.C (16:00 GMT , 9 December )
      Dec 07, 2012 12:18:32 am
      Live on Sky sports 1

With West Ham above us in the table, this is (cumulatively ) a 6 pointer. A Win at the Upton Park could leap-frog us to the 8th at the best- If Stoke and Arsenal don't get any points.Considering there are 6 teams in the 4 point clutter (22-26) we could easily move up to the Top 5 with 2-3 wins in a row and there is not better time to start than on Sunday Night!

Unfortunately for us Andy Carroll will not be available for Big Sam to chose :f_whistle: .West Ham,however will be full in confidence after the Blues episode last weekend and they also possess an impressive home record this season.

We go to Upton Park with Back to Back wins and cleansheets. With Lucas back, releasing Gerrard and Allen forward we certainly have more red t-shirts in the box and shots on goal to compliment our Tiki-Taka. This will be an interesting game to watch considering we are playing without Suarez up front (serving a match ban) and Gerrard with the freedom provided by Lucas.

BR could do well with Shelvey in the Mid and Gerrard as the false number 9 , clearly he doesn't think its time for Yesil/ Morgan to start.

Im going for a 0-1 away victory here with Gerrard to score - he is overdue!! :kop5cf8koxp6:

Pepe

Skrtel                     Agger

Johnson                                                  Enrique
                                                              Lucas

Allen                 Henderson     
                                                   Shelvey                           Sterling

Gerrard

Bench:  Jones,Carra, Suso, Assadi, Wisdom,Pacheco/ Morgan/Yesil, Coady
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 332 posts |
      Re: Pre Match: West Ham vs Liverpool F.C (16:00 GMT , 9 December )
      Reply #1: Dec 07, 2012 12:22:31 am
      Could you please add a Poll and an Image.. could not figure it out.Thanks in advance :)

Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #2: Dec 07, 2012 12:29:01 am
      James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho
      #lfc forced to stay in italy for an extra night as plane grounded due to technical problems. Left engine no use to anyone.

Hopefully doesn't effect us too much.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #3: Dec 07, 2012 12:40:04 am
      Here's a stat for you: Liverpool's last six goals in all competitions were scored by players not named Luis Suarez.

Enrique against Wigan
      Cole and Shelvey against Young Boys
      Gareth Bale OG against Tottenham
      Agger against Southampton
      Henderson against Udinese

Will be interesting to see where the goals come from on Sunday.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #4: Dec 07, 2012 01:02:04 am
      Carroll wouldn't be able to play anyway, right? I thought loan players couldn't play against their clubs.

I have been thinking about this and can imagine nothing but a win.. I think we can hold this lot and score a goal or two ourselves. I am excited for this one. Big opportunity to start climbing the table.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #5: Dec 07, 2012 01:02:21 am
      I'm not confident about this game, we could be bullied out of it by the infamous 'my players play within the rules' tactics of fat Sam.  It will be interesting to see how BR sets the team up to deal with that and in that respect it could be a key game for him.  We need pacy, incisive passing and not be afraid to match them physically.  I'd consider a point a good result so would be overjoyed with a win.
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 332 posts |
      Reply #6: Dec 07, 2012 03:03:57 am
      I'm not confident about this game, we could be bullied out of it by the infamous 'my players play within the rules' tactics of fat Sam.  It will be interesting to see how BR sets the team up to deal with that and in that respect it could be a key game for him.  We need pacy, incisive passing and not be afraid to match them physically.  I'd consider a point a good result so would be overjoyed with a win.

Not that what we consider matters to the result but red_squirrel we can't consider a point a good result. Not for any of the next 5 " easy/make or break december fixtures"

Need atleast 4 out of 5 wins.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #7: Dec 07, 2012 04:28:03 am
      Will be a difficult game this one. We struggled against stoke's physicality. Hope BR comes with some thing to counter their physicality.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #8: Dec 07, 2012 06:29:24 am
      Carlton Cole's shithouse self will probably score a goal of the season nominee, but think we should handle these. With Luis it wouldve been a bit clearer for me, look at the backline- Reid, O'Brien, Collins, Demel... Suarez would have eaten that. Will be interesting to see how we line up. Nolan, Jarvis and Diame the danger matchups for me. They will be much bigger though so a lot of you are right about the physical side, hopefully Lucas is feeling fit. This is the type of match that suits Steven Gerrard though, think he's gonna boss it
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Dec 07, 2012 07:27:15 am
      We need to come away with 3 points and as usual I expect the REDS to win.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #10: Dec 07, 2012 08:48:00 am
      Last night was the first game of the season we had to win, and Sunday is another if we seriously have our eyes on top 4. A win would be huge, I keep saying this but its about momentum and confidence and last night should not be underestimated.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #11: Dec 07, 2012 04:46:48 pm
      Reina; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique; Lucas, Allen, Gerrard; Sterling, Shelvey, Suso/Downing.

1-0, Gerrard with a penalty.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #12: Dec 07, 2012 04:52:40 pm
      Striker-light Liverpool forced to place false 9 hopes in Jonjo Shelvey

Andy Hunter
      The Guardian, Friday 7 December 2012 16.42 GMT

Liverpool's best-laid plans failed to get off the ground due to the cancellation of their chartered flight from Trieste airport on Thursday. Not for the first time, Brendan Rodgers may have thought, as his side head to West Ham United – after an extra night's stay in Udine – without a senior striker to call on.

It is ridiculous that a club of Liverpool's stature, turnover and ambition should have no forwards available for a Premier League game. A consolation for the Liverpool manager is that the by-product of a calamitous end to the last transfer window and Fabio Borini's ankle injury have affected only one league game so far, thanks to Luis Suárez's suspension, and there are only five more before rodgers can spend again. Hence his pragmatic response to Suárez's fifth booking of the season, for deliberate handball against Southampton last Saturday. "We knew it was coming at some stage so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it," he said.

Rodgers would have been forgiven a fretful night after the travel problems that followed Liverpool's Europa League defeat of Udinese, however, if only at the thought of where his team might be had the fortunes of Suárez and Borini been reversed. There is also the concern of Raheem Sterling turning 18 on Saturday without agreement on his first senior contract.

In the absence of Suárez, the Liverpool manager's pool of forwards consists of Daniel Pacheco, Conor Coady, Samed Yesil, Adam Morgan and Jerome Sinclair, not one of whom has a Premier League start or goal to his name this season. It is encouraging to have teenagers coming through, no doubt, but it is a poor reflection on the state of Liverpool this summer when, without a scouting department in place and the club's owners refusing to back their manager's judgment on Clint Dempsey, Andy Carroll was allowed to join Sam Allardyce's team on loan and no replacement was forthcoming.

The up-shot is appeals from Rodgers to Fenway Sports Group to spend early in January and an SOS to the midfielder Jonjo Shelvey to adapt to the "false No9" position against West Ham. "I'm excited about it," Shelvey says. "I supported West Ham as a boy so to play against them in any position is good for me but it is not easy to fill the boots of a player like Luis Suárez. I will just give it my best shot. I played against Young Boys in that role and I thought I did all right, I was happy to do a job for the team. It is an honour to play wherever you are told to play for Liverpool."

Shelvey started on the bench at the Stadio Friuli in readiness for West Ham, although the precautionary move was abandoned after 12 minutes when Nuri Sahin went off because of a facial injury. "I'd just got comfy in my chair when they told me to get ready but I was pleased to get on," the 20-year-old says. "I wanted to start but the manager pulled me aside before and explained why he was putting me on the bench and I understand that. I've just got to get myself ready for Sunday."

With four goals this season in Europe, and the awareness required to bring others into play, Shelvey is the obvious choice for Rodgers on Sunday but admits the change has complications for a midfielder. "It is difficult to adjust to that role because you have your back to the defender all the time whereas in midfield you can see your passes. It is difficult in that respect and you need a different type of fitness to play up front but I'll be ready for it."

Rodgers's desire to move early in the difficult January transfer market has encouraged Liverpool to line up a deal for Daniel Sturridge, despite the manager's reluctance to sign the Chelsea striker on a permanent basis when his plans went awry on deadline day. Arsenal claim Theo Walcott will not be sold next month despite being out of contract at the end of the season and, among other goalscorers in the Premier League, Rodgers dismissed reports of interest in Darren Bent with a brusque "No". But the need to ease the load on Suárez remains pressing. Only Demba Ba at Newcastle United has scored a higher proportion of league goals for his team than the Uruguayan's 10 of 19 at Liverpool, or 53%. Their second highest source of goals this season is the own goal.

"Its the same in any successful team – the goals have got to come from all over the team," Shelvey says. "I think we are getting there. Danny [Agger] scored the winner against Southampton on Saturday and Hendo [Jordan Henderson] scored against Udinese, and I think the more the team plays together the more the goals will be spread out."

Steven Gerrard, Agger and Lucas Leiva, who all missed the win in Udinese that secured Liverpool's place in the knockout stage of the Europa League, are available for Sunday.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/dec/07/liverpool-jonjo-shelvey?CMP=twt_gu
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #13: Dec 07, 2012 04:54:27 pm
      Everytime I think they have started to believe in themselves another set back turns up so I am going to say nothing until after the match but I wll be keeping everything crossed for another away win.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #14: Dec 07, 2012 05:09:32 pm
      Looks like Shelvey up top then. Did ok last time he played there. Let's hope he's up to the task of playing against the team he used to support.

Does anyone else get annoyed when people only use the 'false 9' moniker when a midfielder is played up top, and not when we actually use it every other week in Suarez?
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15: Dec 07, 2012 05:14:01 pm
      I wonder if Brendan rested Andre as a ploy to get some more height in the back for Sunday?

Reina

Wisdom
      Skrtel
      Agger
      Johnson

Lucas
      Allen
      Gerrard

Sterling
      Shelvey
      Enrique

I could see that. Enrique gets in the box like a madman when he plays on the wing, and moving Wisdom at right back gives us another player to deal with the long ball.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #16: Dec 07, 2012 05:18:56 pm
      I wonder if Brendan rested Andre as a ploy to get some more height in the back for Sunday?

Good theory that. We could also have Seb in, but that would disrupt Agger/Srktel and Rodgers doesn't seem to rate Seb at the moment.

Enrique pushed up higher is probably a good idea too. Starting Suso probably wouldn't be the best idea as he is still lightweight.
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 332 posts |
      Reply #17: Dec 07, 2012 05:49:03 pm
      Good theory that. We could also have Seb in, but that would disrupt Agger/Srktel and Rodgers doesn't seem to rate Seb at the moment.

Enrique pushed up higher is probably a good idea too. Starting Suso probably wouldn't be the best idea as he is still lightweight.

Really curious as to why doesn't BR rate Seb. He looks to be as good as another Skrtel.(Potential)
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #18: Dec 07, 2012 06:12:49 pm
      Another hard away game, we will need to be on our best form to get all 3 points. Chelsea got beat 3-1 down there last weekend so that proves West Ham are no pushovers.

My Team:

Reina

Johnson
      Skrtel
      Agger
      Wisdom

Allen
      Lucas
      Gerrard

Enrique
      Shelvey
      Sterling

sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 332 posts |
      Reply #19: Dec 07, 2012 06:45:48 pm
      Can't help but loathe the table situation really..Freakin Mancs have twice the number of points compared to us. I can easily think 12 points which should have gone our way. Skrtel's blunder pass to Tevez, Suarez disallowed goal against everton, Suarez penalty shout in 80 + minute, Enrique's blocked shot in the 90th against Chelsea ! We could have been 3rd !
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2862 
      Reply #20: Dec 07, 2012 06:50:48 pm
      My team is the same as the two above although I'd rather see Gerrard up top. Will end up being Jonjo though after he got a game there against Young Boys.

Don't think a point would be a disaster here.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #21: Dec 07, 2012 07:17:34 pm
      I'd actually play with CBs in this one. Fat Sam's tactics see the team lump it up often, so I wouldn't mind us playing with 3 big bodies at the back.

Reina
      Skrtel    Coates    Agger
      Johnson                        Enrique
      Lucas   Allen
      Gerrard
      Shelvey    Sterling

Johnson and Enrique would function as the de facto wingers, which what they pretty much do anyway, regardless of the formation. Allen wouldn't be a DM but a link mid, while Stevie plays as the No. 10.

I decided to put Shelvey up top, although I'm not  sure what will happen. Pacheco and Morgan just started today, and Morgan and Yesil haven't shown their ready to start Prem games yet. On top of that, Yesil came back from injury. So I think Jonjo might be the only realistic option we have at the moment.

All that said, this is the team I'm predicting Brendan will play:

Reina
      Skrtel     Agger
      Wisdom                 Johnson
      Lucas
      Gerrard   Allen   
      Sterling               Enrique
      Shelvey
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #22: Dec 07, 2012 08:31:51 pm
      It will be interesting to see how Rodgers lines us up for this one.  I personally think that both Assaidi and Sterling should play as our best chance to nick a goal may be from a quick counter.  I'd personally go with:

Reina
      Johno  Skrtel  Agger  Enrique
                     Lucas
             Gerrard     Sahin
       Sterling   Shelvey  Assaidi
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #23: Dec 07, 2012 10:33:45 pm
      I quite like the idea of playing Allan, Sahin, Lucas as a midfield trio and having Gerrard on the right and Shelvey in the middle where they could rotate.
      Too much to put it all on Shelvey shoulders and Gerrard as we all know is a certain goal threat when moves further up field.
      Love to know if anyone has any bib theories from today's training.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #24: Dec 07, 2012 10:38:47 pm

Reina

Wisdom
      Skrtel
      Agger
      Johnson

Lucas
      Allen
      Gerrard

Sterling
      Shelvey
      Enrique

I could see that. Enrique gets in the box like a madman when he plays on the wing, and moving Wisdom at right back gives us another player to deal with the long ball.

Andre isn't that tall. He's only 6'1
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25: Dec 07, 2012 11:50:59 pm
      Andre isn't that tall. He's only 6'1

Only?! :D

I'm hoping he starts 'cause he is in my fantasy team. Be a bit gutted for him if his injury has caused him to be dropped out of the team although i sort of understand because he was becoming a bit liable for some errors.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26: Dec 07, 2012 11:58:57 pm
      Reina

Wisdom Skrtel Agger Johnson

Lucas
      Allen   Shelvey

Sterling          Enrique
      Gerrard

That is the team that i would like to see but i know that it no doubt will be different, can see Gerrard and Shelvey swapping positions in my formation. The left hand side would be solid and as always Sterling will track back to help out Wisdom whenever needed, that is one thing i like about Sterling's game - he has enough energy and pace to get back and burst on a run again within seconds.
      ilikeliverpool
      • Forum John Toshack

• 253 posts |
      Reply #27: Dec 08, 2012 12:31:46 am
      It's bloody ridiculous that we go into a game without a recognised striker. Embarrassing really.

I'd play Sterling, Shelvey and Gerrard up front, with Lucas Sahin and Henderson behind.

Reina

Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique

Lucas

Henderson, Sahin

Sterling, Shelvey, Gerrard

I saw Shelvey play up front in the past for Blackpool (i think it was them), and Charlton, and i think that selection would have the best chance of getting a goal from elsewhere.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #28: Dec 08, 2012 12:37:56 am
      I have pretty much the same team in mind except playing Enrique at left back and glen at right.
      Agree on your approach.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #29: Dec 08, 2012 12:56:40 am
      Shelvey was a West Ham fan. He would've joined them or us, but chose us because Stevie was his idol. Hope he goes and bags a couple against them.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,938 posts | 285 
      Reply #30: Dec 08, 2012 01:55:55 am
      Bang Enrique in the middle of the front three. Been possessed recently.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #31: Dec 08, 2012 12:10:09 pm
      West Ham will take every opportunity to pump the ball into our box and if we can limit that, we would have reduced their threat. Without a recognise striker may be a blessing in disguise for us and I'm sure every player is tasked too score except Reina and it'll be hard for the hammers to predict. If we take very opportuniy that comes our way to shoot, I'm sure the goals will come. Defensively, they're not very solid and I'll go for a 2-1 in our favor. The long steep climb up the table starts this weekend.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #32: Dec 08, 2012 12:44:25 pm
      Think shelvey can fill the void left by saurez, he is always hungry for a goal. Think enrique is on fire, and will be good for a goal Reds to win 2-1
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #33: Dec 08, 2012 01:12:16 pm
      Think shelvey can fill the void left by saurez, he is always hungry for a goal. 

Might be a good idea. Do we have another choice? Which player can fill the role as a leading striker closely? Borini still coming back from is injury. Sterling, Assaidi and Suso are not the type of players who can fill this role "perfectly", the three players are be more a threat when they can operate over the wings. So which player left? Yesil?  Maybe.. but not sure if he can put enough danger on the opposite defenders.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #34: Dec 08, 2012 02:14:07 pm
      There's been lots of talk of Shelvey fronting our team, even by our own press releases which is kind of surprising if we're trying to give little away.

Makes me wonder if Shelvey will actually start up front, or whether we're trying to make West Ham think we will.

Am I thinking too deep? Probably.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #35: Dec 08, 2012 02:41:34 pm
      Sam Allardyce has said when West Ham move into the olympic stadium they will become a bigger team than Liverpool.What a deluded c**t.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #36: Dec 08, 2012 02:45:28 pm
      Sam Allardyce has said when West Ham move into the olympic stadium they will become a bigger team than Liverpool.What a deluded c**t.

But he'll be off managing Real or Barca by then.  ;)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #37: Dec 08, 2012 03:06:13 pm
      Gets right up my nose does Fat Sam. Never liked him since he refused to use Tranmere's facilities in 2000 I think it was.

If he was chocolate he'd eat himself - just a deluded snob who think's he way, way better than he actually is.

The game. Really hard to predict what will happen as always with us, just hope Lucas coming in can help Stevie concentrate more on his attacking duties, due one or two isn't he? Getting him back amongst the goals will help us no end.

Think we'll win, 2-1 I'll go for.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #38: Dec 08, 2012 03:21:27 pm
      Hopefully we put either Morgan or Yesil on the bench. Think we always need a natural striker in the squad, regardless of experience and opposition.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #39: Dec 08, 2012 05:21:15 pm
      Beat these tomorrow Everton beat Spurs we will be 4 points of a CL place.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #40: Dec 08, 2012 05:22:21 pm
      Shelvey cannot play in the striker role, he proved that last time he played there.

Stick Morgan or Yesil on!
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #41: Dec 08, 2012 05:32:10 pm
      Shelvey cannot play in the striker role, he proved that last time he played there.

didn't he scored one last time he played there?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #42: Dec 08, 2012 05:35:11 pm

I thought he done pretty well last time he played there for us.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #43: Dec 08, 2012 06:08:27 pm
      Think we'll need Morgan or Yesil on just to give the hammers something to think about. Mabey a half each. Shelvey will be better employed a bit deeper as an attacking center mid. Gerrard can then get further forward and Lucas can sit in front of the back 4. We need to get at the hammers midfield and defenders quickly. Close down their space to cut out the long balls forward. Sure we can do these and have to agree a 2 - 1 win for us is a good shout.  Think we are due a Shelvey THUNDERBOLT and a goal from Gerrard too. Think theirs might be a late deflected o.g. some how.   :f_doh:        Now what the F**k makes me think that ?         :ernie:    Never crossed my mind before.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #44: Dec 08, 2012 06:59:22 pm
      I thought he done pretty well last time he played there for us.

He was alright but he is far more effective in the middle
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #45: Dec 08, 2012 09:01:41 pm
      What's the odds for us getting a penalty in this? 

Anyway I can see us doing this lot, they're nothing special and I despise fat features Sam.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #46: Dec 08, 2012 09:18:05 pm
      What's the odds for us getting a penalty in this?

The same as Lord Lucan coming in at half time singing YNWA backed by Elvis and both of them leaving down the tunnel on Shergar.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #47: Dec 08, 2012 09:24:05 pm
      The same as Lord Lucan coming in at half time singing YNWA backed by Elvis and both of them leaving down the tunnel on Shergar.

:lmao:

I only asked because Luis isn't playing and so, if we're going to get one this season, I thought tomorrow would be the most obvious game to get one  ;)
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #48: Dec 08, 2012 09:32:05 pm
      Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann
      I fancy LFC tomorrow ...been well impressed on Thursday dug deep and defended a lead ..they have to learn to grind out results

Didi backing us tomorrow.  :)
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #49: Dec 08, 2012 11:53:21 pm
      We need to put the ball into their box as soon and as often as possible to take the pressure off us. Their defence is nowhere near solid and they will have a few blunders here and there. Need to get to their players as near as possible to distrupt their flow. Chelsea gave them too much space and time on the ball. I hope we have some intensive shooting practice that can be of use here. Funnily, this season when we're expectd to win easily, we struggled and the opposite is true and this is a difficult game and I sense a positive result. 
      MsGerrard
      Reply #50: Dec 09, 2012 12:32:18 am
      Only two pages of pre-match chat  :(

Anyway, let's hope we hammer these tomorrow.

;)

Added Poll.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #51: Dec 09, 2012 12:36:13 am
      A win for me on the poll.

Can't wait to stuff Fat Sam's men.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #52: Dec 09, 2012 12:37:26 am
      A win for me on the poll.

Can't wait to stuff Fat Sam's men.

I voted for a win too. I think we'll nick it 1-0.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #53: Dec 09, 2012 01:09:22 am
      First up, hope we smash these.

Then I want Brendan to go up and wave a 'game-over' gesture in that fat c**t Sam Allardyce's face.
      luciano-lfc
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #54: Dec 09, 2012 01:09:57 am
      Voted for a win for us. I've got this hunch it's gonna end 2-0  ;). Hope I'm right  :D.

And I'd rather have Shelvey in the striker role, he did well there. And since Lucas is probably starting tomorrow, dropping him to midfield means either dropping Gerrard or Allen, and I don't think either will happen.
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 332 posts |
      Reply #55: Dec 09, 2012 02:39:07 am
      WE have been playing well no doubt..pretty much played winning quality everytime we stepped out (Except West Brom and Arsenal). Like Brendan says we just need a 'wee'bit of luck - [or an actual striker ! ] LFC wins - Gerrard gets it in.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #56: Dec 09, 2012 05:48:56 am
      Reina
      Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
      Lucas Allen
      Gerrard
      Sterling Shelvey Assaidi

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #57: Dec 09, 2012 06:36:10 am
      Always nervous when we play this lot for some reason.

Let's burst their bubbles and come away with the 3 points. I reckon Gerrard might finally get back on the scoring sheet and Raheem to add a Birthday goal.

2-1 nervy away win for us would do me please.

Come on You Reds.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #58: Dec 09, 2012 08:52:50 am
      I'm optimistic a lot but in this one I'm seeing a goalless draw. Hope that the Redmen prove me wrong and show me that I must continue be optimistic.

Hope Shelvey scores!!!
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #59: Dec 09, 2012 09:10:51 am
      Jonjo favourite with bookies for first scorer .........
      bossred1
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      Reply #60: Dec 09, 2012 10:06:50 am
      Would be brilliant if we won today, would make us 9th in the league only 2 points behind 6th! Come on you Reds :)
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #61: Dec 09, 2012 10:45:59 am
      Need to win. Its nearly Xmas and we haven't been in the top 10 all season. Win today push on and get into contention for 4th. West Ham aren't as good as everyone is banging on about. If we keep it on the floor, dominate possession and get on the end of our many chances we will win.

2-0 Gerrard and Shelvey
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #62: Dec 09, 2012 11:10:08 am
      Lee Probert the referee today. Last reffed us in CC defeat to Swansea (I think).
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,618 posts | 1514 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #63: Dec 09, 2012 11:30:45 am
      1-0 to us today I think.. I know I would bite someones hand off for that now.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #64: Dec 09, 2012 01:08:00 pm
      Jonjo favourite with bookies for first scorer .........
      I'd bite your hands off for a Jonjo single goal victory.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #65: Dec 09, 2012 01:53:05 pm
      Tough game today, but a win would be great, time to stand up and be counted
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #66: Dec 09, 2012 02:46:09 pm
      Goals will obviously be tough to come by today, I think those calling 1 - 0 to us could be spot on and at 7/1 looks a good price.

Come on Redmen!!
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #67: Dec 09, 2012 03:02:11 pm
      Shelvey at striker and Downing starts
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #68: Dec 09, 2012 03:27:39 pm
      Downing, HMMMMMM, pull your socks up today and prove your a Liverpool player, i can imagine what we will be saying at full time, the same old story
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #69: Dec 09, 2012 03:27:55 pm

Quick Reply