Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 118242 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Re: Jordon Ibe
      Reply #253: Feb 08, 2015 07:54:40 pm
      I agree with you. Still believe we wasted a hell of a lot of money and made the wrong signings which set us back this season. Moreno is the only one that made sense for me.

Really? Can and Lallana were wrong signings? Markovic a 20 year old who was in the Europa League team of the season last year was a wrong signing?
      We desperately needed depth in the squad and to build for the future. 

The only signings that made no sense to me were Balotelli and Lovren. We had Agger so there was no reason to spend £20m on a CB we didn't need. We needed a replacement for Luis so there was no point spending £16 million on a Striker who is the polar opposite to Suarez. We should have used THAT £36 million on a top striker.

Our other signing make perfect sense to me.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,608 posts | 752 
      Reply #254: Feb 08, 2015 08:04:36 pm
      my goodness, can we not praise one player without sh*tting on another? ;D  :mad:

. on Vimeo
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #255: Feb 08, 2015 08:23:47 pm
      my goodness, can we not praise one player without sh*tting on another? ;D  :mad:

. on Vimeo

I think Ibe is going to be incredible. Happy?  :)
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,608 posts | 752 
      Reply #256: Feb 08, 2015 08:28:06 pm
      I think Ibe is going to be incredible. Happy?  :)

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #257: Feb 08, 2015 08:54:16 pm
      Really? Can and Lallana were wrong signings? Markovic a 20 year old who was in the Europa League team of the season last year was a wrong signing?
      We desperately needed depth in the squad and to build for the future. 

The only signings that made no sense to me were Balotelli and Lovren. We had Agger so there was no reason to spend £20m on a CB we didn't need. We needed a replacement for Luis so there was no point spending £16 million on a Striker who is the polar opposite to Suarez. We should have used THAT £36 million on a top striker.

Our other signing make perfect sense to me.

Yeah, I thought the majority of it :(. But that's for another thread if you want me to explain my reasons :p lets not litter the Ibe thread with summer transfers and what should have been :D

As for Ibe, I think he'll only get better. Have to give credit to Derby for working on his defensive side too!!!!
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2015 12:52:56 am by PurpleMonkey »
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #258: Feb 08, 2015 10:56:47 pm
      Great debut for young Jordon keep it up lad.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #259: Feb 09, 2015 12:01:42 pm
      He did extremely well for his starting debut, his loan at Derby has given him experience at pro level and he took advantage of his opportunity.

When coaches say that young players need to take their chance when they get it, this is what they mean.  He made things happen, he made a difference, he didn't hide or try to be safe, he played his natural game and looked good doing it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #260: Feb 09, 2015 01:02:54 pm
      He did extremely well for his starting debut, his loan at Derby has given him experience at pro level and he took advantage of his opportunity.

When coaches say that young players need to take their chance when they get it, this is what they mean.  He made things happen, he made a difference, he didn't hide or try to be safe, he played his natural game and looked good doing it.

Himself and Sterling are perfect examples of the type of player the Academy is trying to produce.
      Technique with pace and, in Ibe's case, power.

Starting, slowly, to seen some green shoots emerge.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #261: Feb 09, 2015 01:29:37 pm
      Himself and Sterling are perfect examples of the type of player the Academy is trying to produce.
      Technique with pace and, in Ibe's case, power.

Starting, slowly, to seen some green shoots emerge.

We are mate.  We have the makings of a very potent, pacey, technically sound, homegrown attack coming through the ranks, it's going to take another few years to get them all through but the shoots are definitely there.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6403 
      Reply #262: Feb 09, 2015 01:54:24 pm
      If I'm being honest, Ibe's potential and play excites me moreso than Sterling's.

Doesn't mean I don't appreciate what Sterling can do...just that I think if Ibe plays to his full potential, he may be an even more valuable player down the road. A lot has to happen though...so we will see.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #263: Feb 09, 2015 02:15:18 pm
      If I'm being honest, Ibe's potential and play excites me moreso than Sterling's.

Doesn't mean I don't appreciate what Sterling can do...just that I think if Ibe plays to his full potential, he may be an even more valuable player down the road. A lot has to happen though...so we will see.

Ibe is Sterling when you feed him after midnight.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3959 
      Reply #264: Feb 09, 2015 02:22:14 pm

I'll be made up when the opposition recognise what a talent the lad is, they will try the usual tactics as with Coutinho and Sterling of kicking the sh*t out of him.
      He's a big lad and we saw how he reacts to any F***ing nonsense.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #265: Feb 09, 2015 02:59:43 pm
      Rodgers reveals Ibe path to derby start
      9th Feb 2015 - Latest News

The development arc that saw Jordon Ibe make only his third start for Liverpool amid the heat of a Merseyside derby had been carefully mapped out by Brendan Rodgers and his staff.

Ever since making a senior debut on the final day of the 2012-13 campaign, the progress of the precociously talented wide-man has been tracked closely by the Reds manager.

Eye-catching contributions in each of the past two pre-seasons whetted the appetite of fans, who immediately noticed Ibe's brave approach in running at defenders and creating chances.

As he planned ahead last summer, Rodgers felt a period of regular game time would be beneficial for Ibe and so it proved, the Englishman thriving during a loan spell at Championship side Derby County.

But in January it was time for him to return to Anfield and, if his incisive display against Everton on Saturday is anything to go by, the No.33 has come back an even better player.

"Last year was the year where I felt he was training and it was a case of getting him around the first team and top players' mentalities," Rodgers told Liverpoolfc.com.

"He is a really good boy - he wants to learn and wants to play for Liverpool, he loves Liverpool. It was just a case of assessing him over the summer; to see if we were going to get him enough game time.

"But I felt he needed experience, just to get six months of experience playing at a good club. He went to a great club at Derby and a very good manager, and he developed very well.

"He has come back and he will play a big part for us between now and the end of the season. He is a big talent and just turned 19, so it's very good."
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6403 
      Reply #266: Feb 09, 2015 03:29:19 pm
      Ibe is Sterling when you feed him after midnight.

:lmao: Indeed.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #267: Feb 09, 2015 08:42:26 pm
      The potential is there. He's direct which I like in a wide man and has a good shot on him when he's given space. Would like to have seen him put the shot that deflected across the box away because he looked on his toes a little whereas a goalscorer would have been in there.

Exciting prospect.. not getting carried away though and I don't thing wing back is his position going forward and it's going to be interesting when we have a full pool of creative and wide players to choose from, who makes the team.

Probably won't start tomorrow because we will look to protect him, but he would start most games ahead of Markovic if it were down to me... which it's not.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #268: Feb 09, 2015 08:49:14 pm
      Ibe and Sterling are going to terrify teams!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #269: Feb 09, 2015 11:04:12 pm
      Ibe and Sterling are going to terrify teams!

Sterling on one side...Ibe on the other....Studge in the middle with Cout's feeding all 3?

That is a nice attacking line.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #270: Feb 09, 2015 11:06:37 pm
      Sterling on one side...Ibe on the other....Studge in the middle with Cout's feeding all 3?

That is a nice attacking line.

If we can keep that for the years to come then they will potentially become one of the most feared attacks in world football. Tend to forget just how young they all are, even Sturridge is only around 24/25 isn't he?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #271: Feb 09, 2015 11:13:48 pm
      If we can keep that for the years to come then they will potentially become one of the most feared attacks in world football. Tend to forget just how young they all are, even Sturridge is only around 24/25 isn't he?

Studge is 25 and you are correct it is an awesome spine of the club when you add in a Hendo, Can, Sahko, Couts, Moreno and probably next year a Illori.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #272: Feb 09, 2015 11:17:03 pm
      Studge is 25 and you are correct it is an awesome spine of the club when you add in a Hendo, Can, Sahko, Couts, Moreno and probably next year a Illori.

Key thing will be keeping them all injury free.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #273: Feb 10, 2015 11:59:47 am
      going to be as big as sterling and the reason i say that apart from the fact sterling is doing my head in at the minute by not signing a deal he's worth,but the simple fact that Ibe hits a ball cleaner and naturally. What i mean by that is he would be suited more than sterling to playing in 2nd stiker role with Sterling more suited down the flanks dribbling running at defenders. Ibe and Sterling either side of a front 3 with Sturridgel,mario or orgi would be a great attacking line.
      lets hope BR starts to use him more now this second half of the season
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #274: Feb 10, 2015 10:25:25 pm
      Well, well, well. What do we have here?

This kid is Raheem on steroids - and Raheem is strong. That phase of play where he was one on one with Eriksen, he somehow muscled his way to earn the foul off balance and behind the ball. F**k he's strong.

2 superb performances from 2.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #275: Feb 10, 2015 10:26:30 pm
      Tell you what, this kid could turn into an even better player than Sterling. He has the maturity and calmness that are often lacking in Sterling's game. He can dribble and shoot well with both feet as well.

Quick Reply