Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Gerrard in Road Accident

Read 2958 times
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 233 posts | 30 
      Gerrard in Road Accident
      Oct 01, 2007 08:14:42 pm
      Just heard on radio Merseyside so looked up the article...

Even though all is well it can shake you up when kid's run out on you...

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard was involved in a traffic collision which left a 10-year-old boy with a suspected broken leg on Monday.

The car was travelling along Grantham Road in Birkdale, Merseyside when the incident happened at 3.15pm.

The spokesman for the midfielder said: "Steven was driving very slowly through an area of Birkdale when a young boy ran out and hit the side of his car. Steven comforted the boy until the paramedics arrived.

"There were apparently several eye-witnesses who saw the accident.

"Steven later attended a police station where he produced his driving documents as a matter of routine and made a statement about the accident.

"The Liverpool captain was distressed over the accident and has been in contact with the boy's family to check his progress and plans to visit him in the next couple of days."
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Gerrard in Road Accident
      Reply #1: Oct 01, 2007 08:29:04 pm
      just read about it as well....hope the little fella is ok and gets well soon...Stevie must be pretty upset and distraught at the moment.

Now I'm going to have to change my Fantasyrafa team as I think Rafa will use Stevie coming off the bench... i can just see it Mascherano and Sissoko to start :f_tongueincheek:
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #2: Oct 01, 2007 08:35:17 pm
      Shame for the little boy but this is outside of football not inside so Rafa WILL pick Gerrard to start against L'OM

Hope Stevie gives that boy more than a tenner!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #3: Oct 01, 2007 09:14:21 pm
      Just half heard this news on Channel 5 but thought it said "Gerrard in road accident with broken leg!"
      Instead, after checking it out here it was confirmed otherwise...
      It's fortunate that the boy involved didn't run out in front of the car, the story could have been much worse. Fortunately broken bones can get fixed and I hope the little lad is on the mend ASAP. Stevie must be upset by this incident but I'm sure he'll do what he can to comfort the family.
      The boy involved will certainly have a story to tell everyone for the rest of his life...  :-\
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #4: Oct 01, 2007 09:34:48 pm
      If it's any consolation to the kid - if he gets his plaster signed by Stevie then it could be worth quite a bit in the future!
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5: Oct 01, 2007 09:39:52 pm
      OMG. Blydi sh!t myself then!! I was thinking Gerrard was seriously hurt!!!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #6: Oct 01, 2007 10:07:57 pm
      If it's any consolation to the kid - if he gets his plaster signed by Stevie then it could be worth quite a bit in the future!

I like Stevie G, he is a nice person out of football aswell. I know a couple of people who have seen him out of football and they said he is a diamond, they've also seen John Terry before and said he's very arrogant and rude.
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #7: Oct 01, 2007 10:52:15 pm
      Oh my god! I thought It's Gerrard the one who was hurt! Your title sure gave me a huge shock, Bootle Buck, man! my heart was challenged too much in these 3 days, first in the match against Wigan, now when I begin to read your title!

Glad that's just a broken leg, It won't have any second effect in the future (if It hit his head, It will be much different!). I hope the little boy will be okay soon! He sure is really proud now!

I like Stevie G, he is a nice person out of football aswell. I know a couple of people who have seen him out of football and they said he is a diamond, they've also seen John Terry before and said he's very arrogant and rude.
      Beside, I always wonder why Mr McLaren chose John Terry to be captain of England team? Is that because there're always more Chelsea's players in England squad than LiverpoolFC's?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #8: Oct 01, 2007 11:06:58 pm
      Let's face it, if your going to get run over by anyone, who better than Steven Gerrard, at least he could kiss you better :-* Well me anyway

No, seriously I hope the lads going to be alright, he certainly won't forget that in a hurry, will he
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #9: Oct 02, 2007 09:12:41 am
      It easily happens i saw a little boy run out in front of a car only a few week back the driver slamed his brakes on and just missed him.but if he had killed him he woul;d have to live with that for the rest of his life,the boy in question with stevie is ok though so i dont think it should be such a big deal no dout the sun will have headlines like "SPEEDING GERRARD NEARLY KILLS BOY"
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #10: Oct 02, 2007 02:22:10 pm
      Hope the lad recovers asap.

Agreed and a few tickets to anfield and he'll be right as rain ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #11: Oct 02, 2007 03:28:20 pm
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #12: Oct 02, 2007 05:08:10 pm
      no dout the sun will have headlines like "SPEEDING GERRARD NEARLY KILLS BOY"

Nice headline! It make Gerrard sound like Micheal Schumacher, kill all boys's heart with his art of racing! Just kidding!

Whatever, everyone know what happen, and I think if the Sun dare to write like that, even that boy's family will oppose It!
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #13: Oct 02, 2007 05:19:16 pm
      our boy stevie will be right and more than ready for this weeks game against the spurs....
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #14: Oct 02, 2007 06:06:55 pm
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7024589.stm

The kids a Manc! Stevie G should have given him a signed liverpool shirt and his boots, not Rooneys! Convert him while he's young and save him from the scum....
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #15: Oct 02, 2007 07:06:19 pm
      just about to post that the kids a man united supporter (how can he support man united living in birkdale?) glad the kids ok like but still he should give him a Liverpool shirt and not a manc 1 :D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16: Oct 02, 2007 11:51:20 pm
      That's sweet Stevie gave him that, I heard on 1Xtra today he was gonna visit him 'in the next few days' so he must've gone today :) Stevie prob would've felt bad, giving a Manc who's leg he'd broken some LFC gear he wouldn't really want.. hehe
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #17: Oct 03, 2007 11:22:10 am
      I read that Gerrard was gutted about the incident, and looked shaken by it, the fact he stayed with him while waiting for ambulance and not playing the big time charlie gotta go, i'm too busy being a footballer, shows what type of character he is.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #18: Oct 04, 2007 11:20:59 am
      I think when combined with his mare of a season to date and Pako exit, this may have put Gerrard head in crisis mode... looked out of it last night!
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #19: Oct 05, 2007 12:42:19 am
      Stevie G is one of them players who seems to really struggle in being able to switch off the personal stuff when he crosses the line on to the pitch.

I don't know what the problem is with him.

How's the kid? Put a claim in yet?

Quick Reply