Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. 3 points against QPR or a depressing defeat?

An amazing away win?
      50 (60.2%)
      Draw
      20 (24.1%)
      A sad defeat?
      13 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 80

QPR vs Liverpool. Sunday 30th December. Kick Off 4pm GMT

Read 13820 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,794 posts | 7190 
      Re: QPR vs Liverpool. Sunday 30th December. Kick Off 4pm GMT
      Reply #115: Dec 30, 2012 10:18:42 am
      Don't mean to start a debate in here really just a point that we haven't really had a "decent" win all season, because of the level of opposition we've beaten (in the league).

Wins: Fulham, Southampton, Wigan, Reading, Norwich, West Ham, pretty depressing reading when you put it like that in my opinion.

So yes I still expect us to win but the spectre of a loss hangs over us like Death sharpening his scythe, our away form has been terrible. If there is no response from the dismal display at Stoke then you can fully, rightly, expect this place to explode and Brendan might be looking for somewhere to hide. So for all those sakes the lads better turn up today and produce a performance worthy of playing for Liverpool and maybe take a bit of heat out of some of the fires currently burning against Brendan.
      look on the brightside we always used to struggle against the lower teams.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #116: Dec 30, 2012 10:19:17 am
      Don't mean to start a debate in here really just a point that we haven't really had a "decent" win all season,

Its all relative though Luke, as this season goes a 4-0 home win against anyone is a decent result.

Agree with you that the points we've had are from the games against the "poor" teams and yes, it is very depressing.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #117: Dec 30, 2012 10:26:51 am
      We shouldn't be panicking about playing QPR - ever.

Look at their team - they are poor, from back to front and barring Adel Taarabt I'd have none of them at Liverpool; not a F***ing one. They've won one F***ing game (against a shitty Fulham team) all season - and are a bad lot. I can't see how we won't beat this dirt, with or without Luis.

canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #118: Dec 30, 2012 10:32:55 am
      There have been some wacky scorelines boxing day, with two strikers  doing well. Hope the reds have not had to much christmas cheer and we get another flat performance. If luis has a swollen ankle he shouldnt play. What team will show up to play who knows, its like trying to pick a winner at the race track just lately . But the reds players have to step up to the plate and play like proffessionals and not like  a pub team. think it will be close 2-1 to the reds.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #119: Dec 30, 2012 10:48:43 am
      Looking forward to this now... Afternoon all cleared, quick trip to tesco for some tinnies and wallop! Cant wait...

We should be battering QPR - they are total rubbish, one of the worse sides the prem has ever seen, and they also have a bad attitude to boot. Luis or no Luis we should win and perhaps this is a game where Morgan will excell. I also expect Allen and Downing to play well - this is their type of game.

Yes we need commitemet and a lot more than we have shown over the past few weeks. However, i do hope the travelling Kop has a bit more faith than almost everyone on this forum...
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #120: Dec 30, 2012 10:54:47 am
      This is getting cheesy with my Manc and Chav work acquaintances.  Get a grip red men and shoe case your brilliance you are capable of.  Get your heavy artillery out, napalm the fuckerios.  Come On!!!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #121: Dec 30, 2012 11:00:23 am
      QPR are going to be tough , and I am sure they saw the stoke game where we were pressed   in our own box
       we have to deal with this kind of play  or else  its going to be very tough

I was seeing the highlights of yesterday's matches, AV were never in the game,, they conceded I think 15 goals after they beat us at Anfield
                                                                                         Stoke conceded 3 yesterday (before they came back from behind and got a point
                                     This made me think, Are we that Bad, ?
                                     lets hope the lads wake up to the occasion today  before the january window opens
                    I see there are more who went for a draw and a loss than usual  in the poll for this,  personally I went for a win !  lets hope I am right this time 
       YNWA

LFCexiled
      Reply #122: Dec 30, 2012 11:15:02 am
      A team that's technically cohesive with quality up front against a group of individuals who by all talk coming from the manager and players couldn't and wouldn't want to find each other in an empty room, there can only be one outcome.

Couldn't there?

Come on Liverpool! 3 - 0.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,688 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #123: Dec 30, 2012 11:18:12 am
      Luis goals and a clean sheet...
      Give me some festive cheer ya cu*ts!
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #124: Dec 30, 2012 11:25:20 am
      3-1 Suarez 2 and Morgan on as sub to score come on you Redmen
      Aldo and Rushie on Goals on Sunday memories
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2012 11:41:10 am by davepolo »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #125: Dec 30, 2012 11:28:15 am
      QPR came back from 0-2 down with 15 minutes left to win 3-2 in this fixture last season.

Jonjo Shelvey has had 27 shots without scoring in the Premier League this season, no player has had more. (Ed: ?)

QPR have conceded more goals from corners than any other side this season (10).  Ed: Theres our chance boys !

No team has scored fewer first half goals than Rangers this season (6).

Luis Suarez is averaging 4.6 shots per game this season, no other player in the Premier League is averaging more than 3.5.
      (ED: Saving LFC)

The Reds have hit more shots off target than any other Premier League team this season (158). (and probably last season )

BETTING ODDS

QPR 3/1, draw 5/2, Liverpool 10/11

Put this through your PlayStation Brendan and see what FIFA   match facts comes up for you.

COMETH THE HOUR  ...
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #126: Dec 30, 2012 12:05:11 pm
      I say go all out with the attacking players for this one - really hammer down their weak defense. Play Lucas, Sahin and Gerrard; Suarez, Sterling and Suso.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #127: Dec 30, 2012 12:21:20 pm
      Being crushed on the train heading to the game atm.No giveme's these days and hopeing we can inflict some much needed battering on them today.Would like to see Sahin or Asaide start.Vulnarable at corners!so Skyrtle or D'agger for first goal at generous odd.IBRWT.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #128: Dec 30, 2012 12:24:50 pm
      Lets not beat around the bush here, anything other than a win today would be pretty disastrous.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #129: Dec 30, 2012 12:34:31 pm
      I'm going to watch the match today then win, lose or draw I'm having a month off from all footy.

For the sake of my health, I need a rest.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,912 posts | 6835 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #130: Dec 30, 2012 12:37:10 pm
      Hi again. Still in India. How long till KO please? It is 605pm here
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #131: Dec 30, 2012 12:38:45 pm

Another 3 and a half hours, give or take mate.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #132: Dec 30, 2012 12:43:02 pm

Kick off 9.30pm your time mate.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,912 posts | 6835 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #133: Dec 30, 2012 12:43:45 pm
      Cheers mate. Time for some more booze then.   8)

Go u Reds. 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #134: Dec 30, 2012 12:48:03 pm
      Kick off 9.30pm your time mate.

I'm not disputing that time mate - the truth is I don't know without checking but... Genuine question: where does the 'extra' half-hour come from? Surely time zones are set in hours not half hours; is there something I'm missing?

Edit: I've just checked - still don't know why but India is 5.5 hours ahead - you learn something new every day.  8)
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #135: Dec 30, 2012 12:57:25 pm
      Quote from Passportboy
      That is such a bleak outlook it's unreal!

For a long time I have seen teams come and go - this is the lowest we have been as a club for, well a lifetime!

Tomorrow we face one of the poorset teams out there in the Prem, yes they are playing a touch better with a new manager but we should be looking to batter them. As fans we should be excited that we are playing a game - be it Prem, Champs League, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Europa League or even the Johnsons Paint Trophy. We should be looking forward to our players going out and performing!

We should not be sat here making sure the knives are razor sharp - and already thinking about 'witty and clever' things to post on here or say at the pub about our Team and Manager before the game has been played. In the bad times support your club and all its facets - if you cant do that then dont show up for the good times...

We support the club in all times. Unfortunately these days, there are not many good times, and haven't been for years. Fans are therefore entitled to air their view on what's going on. Supporting the club every week doesn't mean you should readily accept mediocrity.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #136: Dec 30, 2012 01:03:45 pm
      Rodgers to miss QPR clash

Colin Pascoe and Mike Marsh will deputise for manager Brendan Rodgers in the technical area at Loftus Road today, after three members of the travelling party were struck down with illness.

The Reds boss has been sent home from London ahead of the Barclays Premier League game against QPR on doctor's orders after succumbing to a bug that has made it impossible for him to be in close proximity with the players.

Glen Driscoll, LFC's head of performance, and goalkeeper Brad Jones have also been sent home by the club's medical team.

Club doctor Zaf Iqbal said: "It was impossible for Brendan, Glen and Brad to attend the game. They are not fit to be at the match and any contact with the rest if the squad could cause the bug to spread to more of the playing staff."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/rodgers-to-miss-qpr-clash

Get well soon boss.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #137: Dec 30, 2012 01:06:20 pm
      ^^^ Just seen that on Twitter, hope Brendan gets better soon, we'll see how we get on today without him eh  :-\

Quick Reply