Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. 3 points against QPR or a depressing defeat?

An amazing away win?
      50 (60.2%)
      Draw
      20 (24.1%)
      A sad defeat?
      13 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 80

QPR vs Liverpool. Sunday 30th December. Kick Off 4pm GMT

Read 13821 times
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Re: QPR vs Liverpool. Sunday 30th December. Kick Off 4pm GMT
      Reply #23: Dec 27, 2012 09:46:31 pm
      I so want to say we will win this , but sorry , the best I can do is a draw .
      I just think they need their first win , Harry is no mug and our confidence is shot !
      I always , always , think we will win  , so this is unusual for me , but I have zero confidence in the team at the moment and even less in the manager and owners.
      Brendan needs to wise up and wise up fast , we are going backwards and need to batten down the hatches and concentrate on winning games rather than playing pretty , pretty football.
      QPR is a must win , but I just can't see it.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #24: Dec 27, 2012 09:54:55 pm
      Too many false dawns
      Too much upheaval
      Too many missed opportunities.

I back the boss as he develops himself into a more experienced and versatile manager.

Our owners have to do the same and fully comprehend that we really are on the brink of solidifying ourselves as a club with a great history but not one with a great future.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,794 posts | 7190 
      Reply #25: Dec 27, 2012 09:55:49 pm
      Oh Walton, that's so depressing hun, but partly true as well  :(
      I know but I havent taken my medication yet.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #26: Dec 27, 2012 10:01:41 pm
      I know but I havent taken my medication yet.

Well hurry up and get it down your neck hun  :laugh:
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #27: Dec 27, 2012 10:05:49 pm
      Any chance of top 4 rests on beating qpr on Sunday

Must win game

We can do it
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #28: Dec 27, 2012 10:07:21 pm
      probably batter QPR 5-0, only to lose to sunderland 3-0 the week after
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #29: Dec 27, 2012 10:36:41 pm
      Rodgers sweats on Suarez's fitness

Brendan Rodgers admits Luis Suarez could miss Liverpool's trip to QPR on Sunday with an ankle injury.

The Uruguayan has been struggling with the problem for a number of weeks, but Rodgers does not know if the striker can continue to play with the pain and could be forced to rest him at Loftus Road.

Speaking after Liverpool's 3-1 defeat at Stoke on Boxing Day, Rodgers said Suarez would have a fitness test before a final decision is made.
      "Luis Suarez has been playing with a swollen ankle for the last few weeks," he said. "We will assess him and see how he is."

Rodgers was left frustrated with his defence as Liverpool suffered a second defeat in three matches, suffering defeat at the Britannia Stadium despite taking an early lead through Steven Gerrard's penalty.

"It was a great start for us, when you come away from home it's great to go a goal up, but we just gave away poor goals tonight. I think all three goals were actually quite straightforward to defend," he said. "Obviously Martin Skrtel slips (for the first), which is unfortunate, but the other two goals we've got to do much better than that. So that was the disappointment really.

"We got into some good areas but ultimately when you come to places like here, which is a difficult place to come, you've got to defend better or else you get nothing, and we probably deserve nothing because of that."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/185413.html
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #30: Dec 27, 2012 11:15:03 pm
      Think we'll do these. I can see something similar to the Fulham game happening.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,507 posts | 234 
      Reply #31: Dec 27, 2012 11:38:04 pm
      Outside chance of borini on bench?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #32: Dec 27, 2012 11:38:50 pm
      Outside chance of borini on bench?

Doubt it. Think he just returned to light training yesterday. Could see him on the bench for the FA Cup match. Maybe Sunderland.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #33: Dec 28, 2012 12:11:11 am
      Looking forward to borrini's comeback.
      A lot to be said for a new player having time on the injury table so that he gets used to the workings of the club.
      Might be a blessing in disguise for him and us.
      Can see him having a productive 2nd half to the season and pushing on in coming years.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,946 posts | 287 
      Reply #34: Dec 28, 2012 12:58:29 am
      Thank god this isn't too far away. We need to press and I think we will get a result. QPR have looked a bit all over the place and arent a collective.

Here's the form;

Last 6 games:
      10    Liverpool           L W W L W L    
      16    QPR               D D D W L L    

The interesting one is looking at home/away form;
      Home: QPR              D D L D W L
      Away:  Liverpool    D D D L W L
      - Pretty much the same record, which sums up this season.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #35: Dec 28, 2012 01:06:38 am
      Just couldn't bring myself to read all the previous posts. Almost went for the draw, but out of loyalty, went for the win.  Not to confident all the same. Our mid field and their individual decision making is f**king woefull at the moment. My lad isn't speaking to me at the mo, just too embarassed after Stoke I guess. Couldn't bare losing to Harrys lot. Think I'll go to bed and slleep for a week.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,381 posts | 4979 
      Reply #36: Dec 28, 2012 01:11:24 am
      As depressing as it was to read what most of you lot posted I have to agree.

I'll predict a win as always but it's not with any real confidence.

We are better than them by a country mile, should beat them every time but I have very little confidence at the minute and it's not like me still all.

Time for the managers and players to prove me wrong and restore a little faith going into the new year.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #37: Dec 28, 2012 01:43:16 am
      If we were to lose to QPR can u imagine the reaction?
      This game has now become monumental in not only our current season but the whole clubs stature and philosophy of FSG and the gaffer.
      Could be the game which creates a lot of animosity towards the boss and makes his job even harder.
      Not usually a doom and gloom merchant but really could be a pivotal moment in our clubs history.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,547 posts | 3475 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38: Dec 28, 2012 10:20:41 am
      If we were to lose to QPR can u imagine the reaction?
      This game has now become monumental in not only our current season but the whole clubs stature and philosophy of FSG and the gaffer.
      Could be the game which creates a lot of animosity towards the boss and makes his job even harder.
      Not usually a doom and gloom merchant but really could be a pivotal moment in our clubs history.
      I would like to think you're being slightly over dramatic but having talked and listened to a few people you could be right which in my book is just ridiculous.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #39: Dec 28, 2012 10:24:13 am
      Got absolutely zero confidence on this game now after Stoke. Hoping we can scrape a win, but have a horrible feeling that rent-a-bung chav 'arry will do us over
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #40: Dec 28, 2012 10:33:00 am
      Thank heavens they have got a win on the board, otherwise we would have been nailed on to lose.
      Saying that, I cannot see where this team will get confidence from to win.

Bottom side, who are very poor and more than half the posts on here think we will get turned over.....F**k me what a state we are in.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #41: Dec 28, 2012 02:08:52 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/why-cisse-will-have-added-incentive

Seriously why is our official site setting us up for a defeat and how dangerous QPR are???!?!?

Theyre bloody bottom of the league with 10 points one win all season and their club/squad in a mess.

We should be trouncing them no excuses, tired of subliminal messages from the official site dumbing down expectations and making out how tough it is playing the worst team in the league.

Give me a break we're LFC ffs
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,449 posts | 6433 
      Reply #42: Dec 28, 2012 02:19:31 pm
      We'll win this one. Have no doubts. Stoke was a hiccup, poor performance by the squad but they'll get back up for this one after their tongue lashing.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #43: Dec 28, 2012 02:52:53 pm
      Reina
      Coates     Agger
      Johnson               Enrique
      Lucas    Sahin
      Gerrard
      Suso                      Sterling
      Suarez

This was an embarrassment last year. Let's hope we can avoid that this time around.
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts | 31 
      Reply #44: Dec 28, 2012 03:33:54 pm
      Although we beat Fulham quite comfortably, they attacked the space in front of our central defence quite dangerously at times. A sharper team would have punished us for not closing down better in that area.

In Adel Taarabt QPR have a player who thrives in that role "between the lines".  I can see him being a constant menace.  If we perform with anything less than 100% application and concentration I think we'll lose, with Taarabt our tormentor-in-chief.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #45: Dec 28, 2012 05:31:37 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/why-cisse-will-have-added-incentive

Seriously why is our official site setting us up for a defeat and how dangerous QPR are???!?!?

Theyre bloody bottom of the league with 10 points one win all season and their club/squad in a mess.

We should be trouncing them no excuses, tired of subliminal messages from the official site dumbing down expectations and making out how tough it is playing the worst team in the league.

Give me a break we're LFC ffs

I cant really believe that we are posting what we are ................... but sadly ....we are.

LFC .... and here we are .....  saying that the bottom club of the Premier League is going to get something against us!

In reality I cant think any differently.
      I would like to be positive and up for it but this is where we are ....and at the moment .....what we have become.

A very sad indictment.

Old 'arry will probably play a 4-4-2 old fashioned game and go through our Tikkee Tockee like knife through butter.

I want to see us play like we did against Fulham but we are up against a clever manager whose team has to come out fighting.

Against the bottom club ?

0-0. 

Anything better ? A bonus.

Quick Reply