Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4283324 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #10442: Jan 25, 2014 02:44:31 pm
      So theyve been working on January targets since the summer and because theyre all incapable of doing their jobs properly theyre now focusing on transfers for the summer. What a bunch of sh*t! We will end up with a bunch more F***ing Aspas', Alberto's and Borini's. Well done back room staff!! Take a F***ing bow!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #10443: Jan 25, 2014 03:35:24 pm
      Let's be honest, Metro hasn't got anything right as long as I can remember. Why in the world would you give up? If that's the case then we need new people running the transfers.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #10444: Jan 25, 2014 03:46:31 pm
      There's news on the Metro website that we've given up on transfers for this window. Anyone able to post the article as I'm on my phone, here's the link:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/25/brendan-rodgers-gives-up-hope-of-liverpool-making-any-new-signings-4276895/

Very depressing if true.

The day I start believing in ANYTHING that paper says is the same day that I will convert myself to the cause of Jihad and start reading L Ron Hubbard as my favourite author because it would have to take a mind f**k of that scale to get me reading the metro, let alone believing it.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #10445: Jan 25, 2014 03:50:03 pm
      The Metro is full of sh*t that's why its a free paper on the tube and on the bus.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #10446: Jan 25, 2014 05:21:36 pm
      There's news on the Metro website that we've given up on transfers for this window. Anyone able to post the article as I'm on my phone, here's the link:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/25/brendan-rodgers-gives-up-hope-of-liverpool-making-any-new-signings-4276895/

Very depressing if true.

Could just be a smokescreen so the Chavs don't come in at the last minute and nick everyone we're after.
      (Only half joking about that as well)
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #10447: Jan 25, 2014 05:45:09 pm
      How can you properly plan for the summer anyways? Plans are completely different CL vrs Europa

We've fu**ed this one big style top 4s gone in my view
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #10448: Jan 25, 2014 08:42:30 pm
      The Metro is full of sh*t that's why its a free paper on the tube and on the bus.

And yet would any of us be the slightest suprised if it where true?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #10449: Jan 25, 2014 09:40:40 pm
      Keep coming back to this thread even tho I have given up on first team transfers this window. Pretty depressing really. At this point il take a loaned player, so we can push for that fourth place.

I say give city a call and loan lopes and Richards, city will jump on the chance to f**k scum over. If we get fourth then I highly doubt scum will finish above us.
      Chelsea and city are looking too strong and arsenal will get 3rd. That leaves 4th for us, bitters, spuds, scum and even toons
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #10450: Jan 25, 2014 09:42:10 pm
      Have to agree with that, especially if we don't get a dm pretty quick.
       Hope what we've got can make me eat my words come the end of the season, but not unduly worried i'll have to do that at the mo.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #10451: Jan 25, 2014 09:52:33 pm
      How can you properly plan for the summer anyways? Plans are completely different CL vrs Europa

Easy fella, we've got the big Sakho to return along with Enrique, Flanagan, oh and Allen  ;D

Have I missed anyone?

I personally don't think losing out on Salah will make much if a difference. Where would he play? Who would he replace? It's been emphasised enough times on these boards, we need a fooking DM and a couple of full backs!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #10452: Jan 26, 2014 12:24:57 am
      So does anyone know about this lad?

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is ready to swoop for Spanish super starlet Saul Niguez, writes Alan Nixon in the Sunday People.

Rodgers has had a hush-hush meeting with the Atletico Madrid midfielder’s dad on Merseyside about a deadline swoop – to make up for ­missing out on Mohamed Salah.

And the Reds' chief will make a final decision on the ­Under-21 international on Sunday, when he sends a delegation to see him in La Liga action.

Midfield dynamo Saul is due to play for Rayo Vallecano – where he is on loan – AGAINST Atletico, and is desperate to get his future sorted fast.

Rodgers knows Saul has a fixed price of £20million in his contract with Atletico. But an offer of around £12m may work.

Liverpool’s failure to land Salah – when Chelsea came in late on the back of sorting Juan Mata's move to Manchester United – has left them a man light in midfield.

And worries about Lucas Leiva’s fitness after his latest injury means Rodgers is short of a player of Saul’s all-round ability.

Liverpool also know that Arsenal have met Luis Antonio Niguez, Saul’s father, while Chelsea and Manchester United are on the prowl.

Liverpool can probably ­offer the best chance of ­immediate first-team football as Rodgers looks for an extra capture to keep their top-four push going.

Saul is keen to play in Sunday’s match against his parent club to show he has the bottle for the big occasion.

Rodgers knows that landing him would also give Liverpool a major asset for the future.

The final price will dictate the deal and where he goes, but Saul and his dad are dead set on a move before this ­window slams shut on Friday.

Source is: The Mirror
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #10453: Jan 26, 2014 03:20:39 am
      Easy fella, we've got the big Sakho to return along with Enrique, Flanagan, oh and Allen  ;D

Have I missed anyone?

I personally don't think losing out on Salah will make much if a difference. Where would he play? Who would he replace? It's been emphasised enough times on these boards, we need a fooking DM and a couple of full backs!

It's not missing out on him necessarily I wasn't overly fussed on him a month ago it's the general malaise we've been overcome by that worries me
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,983 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #10454: Jan 26, 2014 07:52:39 am

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is ready to swoop for Spanish super starlet Saul Niguez, writes Alan Nixon in the Sunday People.

Rodgers has had a hush-hush meeting with the Atletico Madrid midfielder’s dad on Merseyside about a deadline swoop – to make up for ­missing out on Mohamed Salah.

And the Reds' chief will make a final decision on the ­Under-21 international on Sunday, when he sends a delegation to see him in La Liga action.

Midfield dynamo Saul is due to play for Rayo Vallecano – where he is on loan – AGAINST Atletico, and is desperate to get his future sorted fast.

Rodgers knows Saul has a fixed price of £20million in his contract with Atletico. But an offer of around £12m may work.

Liverpool’s failure to land Salah – when Chelsea came in late on the back of sorting Juan Mata's move to Manchester United – has left them a man light in midfield.

And worries about Lucas Leiva’s fitness after his latest injury means Rodgers is short of a player of Saul’s all-round ability.

Liverpool also know that Arsenal have met Luis Antonio Niguez, Saul’s father, while Chelsea and Manchester United are on the prowl.

Liverpool can probably ­offer the best chance of ­immediate first-team football as Rodgers looks for an extra capture to keep their top-four push going.

Saul is keen to play in Sunday’s match against his parent club to show he has the bottle for the big occasion.

Rodgers knows that landing him would also give Liverpool a major asset for the future.

The final price will dictate the deal and where he goes, but Saul and his dad are dead set on a move before this ­window slams shut on Friday.

If true,

FFS DONT SEND THAT INCOMPETENT KUNT AYRE,

Not heard of this lad but if Chavs & Scum have sniffed around then he must have something about him ,

Just need to hope he can slot in nicely and adapts quickly.

But how sad is it that we're chasing last minute deals such as this, F**k OFF FSG , Useless KUNTS !

YNWA
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #10455: Jan 26, 2014 08:57:17 am
      The final price will dictate the deal and where he goes

We should probably give up
      now then.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #10456: Jan 26, 2014 09:35:08 am

Suarez is going to have to be very careful when shouting his name for the ball.

I'd go with 'Saul' if I was Luis.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10457: Jan 26, 2014 09:39:01 am

Should have put one of these  :f_tongueincheek: after those comments WAHS   ;)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #10458: Jan 26, 2014 09:47:27 am
      Should have put one of these  :f_tongueincheek: after those comments WAHS   ;)

To be fair Debs if anybody took that the wrong way then they'd be the one with the problem not me.

On topic, anybody else get the feeling we're going to end up being in for some young talents now we've left it so late?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #10459: Jan 26, 2014 09:55:43 am
      If true,

FFS DONT SEND THAT INCOMPETENT KUNT AYRE,

Not heard of this lad but if Chavs & Scum have sniffed around then he must have something about him ,

Just need to hope he can slot in nicely and adapts quickly.

But how sad is it that we're chasing last minute deals such as this, F**k OFF FSG , Useless KUNTS !

YNWA

The only reason Ayres ''chases'' anything is he is paid an obscene amount of money to travel the world, with first class air seats, top hotels, free ale and scran all compliments of LFC and all he has to do is pretend to be interested.
      Good work if you can get it.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #10460: Jan 26, 2014 10:09:20 am

I'd go with Brody.
      (but hes dead. Last seen in Iran)

Whats this about Sahla?
      Check his thread in transfers. ;D
      Brendan still in hope for him according to the Beeb sport site.

We were underwhelmed in the summer window with our "squad" players and our "team" players.

Now again weve been fed a line all month .
      Why cant Brendan just say on January 1st ..... nah......nothing......it would be easier.

Worrying thing is Martinez just signed Luciano Traore  ....in his words ..... for pace in the last 10 games.

Bye Luis.
      Thanks for keeping us afloat for a couple of years.

Remember our friend Duncan Oldham    ;D

Liverpool FC Owned By Liars, Run By Liars
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2014 10:23:01 am by eurored »
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #10461: Jan 26, 2014 10:11:36 am
      It's not going to happen. We won't sign anyone this window

Ynwa
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #10462: Jan 26, 2014 10:18:09 am
      Saul is going to be a cracking midfielder get him now or pay double in the near future.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #10463: Jan 26, 2014 10:20:34 am
      To be fair Debs if anybody took that the wrong way then they'd be the one with the problem not me.

On topic, anybody else get the feeling we're going to end up being in for some young talents now we've left it so late?

Said the same around this point in the last window mate - and they went onto prove it with Sakho and Ilori. I compared these guys to a horticultural nursery - they are interested in anything that can be cultivated and re-sold, the return is how they measure success.

Hope they prove me wrong....this time.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #10464: Jan 26, 2014 11:16:38 am
      just came in and saw this , Hope its true, and GOES through  and not stolen at the last minute

Liverpool Pull Off Saul Niguez Coup

http://www.laligablog.com/2014/01/26/liverpool-pull-off-saul-niguez-coup/

and this...http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/liverpool-hold-talks-over-niguez-transfer-31324/

Quick Reply