Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4264093 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #16836: Aug 14, 2014 11:42:19 am
      He talks a bit of sense the off chance I catch him as a pundit but that's a shocker.

We have our own hard worker who lacks stand out ability in Borini.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #16837: Aug 14, 2014 11:43:12 am
      Not his fault though. They're not reoccurring muscle injuries, they're from tackles in game.

I mean his other niggles. Might just be weak physically, which is bad for this league.

Don't know mate he has had two separate cruciate ligament injuries. Between those and the fact we have never had any joy with Italian signings I wouldn't go near him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #16838: Aug 14, 2014 11:44:25 am
      He talks a bit of sense the off chance I catch him as a pundit but that's a shocker.

We have our own hard worker who lacks stand out ability in Borini.

Ever heard him co-commentating? He's shocking bad.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #16839: Aug 14, 2014 11:49:21 am
      Listening to Danny Murphy saying that Wellbeck and Sturridge are good friends and that he would make a great fit at Liverpool is making my skin cringe....please god nooooooooo.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16840: Aug 14, 2014 11:57:11 am
      Ever heard him co-commentating? He's shocking bad.

No just the odd MOTD appearance. Seemed ok although that was a combined 10-15 minutes.

I'd definitely be happy with Rossi at the right price. Upwards of £20m would be fair although that might be ambitious on my part. They won't want to sell so easily after doing well to make 4th last season.

He has a touch of class about him and definitely a better player than Ciro Immobile who went for around €16m.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #16841: Aug 14, 2014 12:00:40 pm
      Aw come on... Danny Murphy is a top guy and I love when he's co-commentating, because he acts normal and doesn't overdo the cliche stuff. I like him as a pundit too.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #16842: Aug 14, 2014 12:04:07 pm
      Aw come on... Danny Murphy is a top guy and I love when he's co-commentating, because he acts normal and doesn't overdo the cliche stuff. I like him as a pundit too.
      I like him too; much better than Owen and Phil Neville
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #16843: Aug 14, 2014 12:55:48 pm
      Rossi and Shaqiri before the end of the window?

Shaqiri is not better than who we have here. Sterling, Lallana and Markovic would all be in front of him. We need a really great player now : in the Di Maria, Reus and Cavani bracket.
      El Sharaawy would be a good deal given that he would cost less than his real value since he did not have a great season. But it's clear he is very good, he can play as winger and striker too. He's very quick and is very young too.
      I bet BR has someone in his mind and he is trying to sign a really good player. Last season he tried to sign Mkhitaryan and Costa! Given that we are now in the CL, he is surely aiming for some really great players hopefully,
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #16844: Aug 14, 2014 01:09:30 pm
      Interesting point about Benitez, but Benitez is still the better coach for me.

BR has been a breath of fresh air, no doubt about it, but until he makes his mark on the European scene there is no comparison really.
      Rafa had us number 1 in Europe, won it once and was unfortunate not to win it a second time, and this was purely down to his mastery of tactics and meticulous preparation.
      When it comes to the Prem, there's no doubt that what BR achieved last season was remarkable and if I have a criticism of Rafa it's that he was a bit too cautious at times.
      In 08/09 when he let his team "off the leash", they were a stunning attacking force that swept nearly all before them, but they didn't just score goals for fun, they were also very tight at the back, and I think I'm right in saying they hold the club record for scoring 4 goals in a game the most consecutive times. We ended that season with 77 for and just 27 against, and I can't help feeling that if Rafa had been bolder earlier on in the season we would have won it that year.

In some ways, the jury is still out on BR until we know last season wasn't a one off.
      Rafa has shown time and time again that when it comes to tactics, he is second to none, but he also has that innate caution that holds him back from being truly great.
      I'm hoping that BR can surpass him, and so far the signs are good.
      How he molds his team this season and overcomes opposition tactics set out to stifle us will tell us a lot about him.

That's a good point.. But out of every manager we have had, I was most frustrated with Rafa. Maybe that was because I knew how good a team we were back then, but his cautious nature I felt proved to be a hindrance for us. We probably should have won the league comfortably that season we came 2nd under him, and I always think back to that year as the year we should have won it.

I love Rafa, excellent tactician, but felt his team were prone to draws. With Rodgers we have someone who wants to play attractive attacking football. You are probably right about Rafa being the better coach - what he done in Istanbul was incredible, but I wouldn't swap BR for Rafa now.

With Rafa it was 'come and have a go if you think you can score against us'

With Brendan it's 'come and have a go if you think you can score enough'

What do you personally consider the stronger team? Rafas 08/09 team or Brendan's 13/14 team? And this is a question to anyone.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #16845: Aug 14, 2014 01:16:13 pm
      That's a good point.. But out of every manager we have had, I was most frustrated with Rafa. Maybe that was because I knew how good a team we were back then, but his cautious nature I felt proved to be a hindrance for us. We probably should have won the league comfortably that season we came 2nd under him, and I always think back to that year as the year we should have won it.

I love Rafa, excellent tactician, but felt his team were prone to draws. With Rodgers we have someone who wants to play attractive attacking football. You are probably right about Rafa being the better coach - what he done in Istanbul was incredible, but I wouldn't swap BR for Rafa now.

With Rafa it was 'come and have a go if you think you can score against us'

With Brendan it's 'come and have a go if you think you can score enough'

What do you personally consider the stronger team? Rafas 08/09 team or Brendan's 13/14 team? And this is a question to anyone.

Stronger team for me with individuals is Rodgers current team now, we have some real quality out there.

But as a team, Rafa's was stronger, it was a unit, defend immensely and score when needed, it was efficient and got the job done.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #16846: Aug 14, 2014 02:04:09 pm
      08/09 was the stronger team for me.
      World class keeper, a superb defense full of leaders (Pepe, Hyypia, Carra plus Agger and Skrtel), 3 genuinely world class midfielders in Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano, and a truly world class striker who was on fire, plus Arbeloa and Kuyt, both of whom were very underrated by our fans.
      There was a weak link at left back and I always felt for Aurelio who was a superb player but seemingly made of glass.
      Add to this the fact we had depth in nearly every position, plus game changers who could come off the bench and I feel it was a stronger more balanced side, with maturity and nous.
      Although we went out in the Quarters to Chelsea in the CL, the 4-4 draw at Anfield was one of the best matches I've ever seen, and the atmosphere was incredible.

I am hoping though that the team of 14/15 surpass them.
      BR is laying some very solid foundations, and if he gets the last player or 2 that he wants we could have an excellent season.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #16847: Aug 14, 2014 02:05:03 pm
      Off topic a bit
      Why do Liverpool players get always a shitty ratings from EA , just watching a demo game on FIFA between Dortmund and Liverpool , seem that even in video games people rate our players so sh*t ffs ! 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16848: Aug 14, 2014 02:11:43 pm
      Off topic a bit
      Why do Liverpool players get always a shitty ratings from EA , just watching a demo game on FIFA between Dortmund and Liverpool , seem that even in video games people rate our players so sh*t ffs ! 

A bit? :D
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #16849: Aug 14, 2014 02:43:17 pm
      Off topic a bit

Just seen that video and the ratings there are offensive!
      Henderson 78?
      Sterling 79?
      Coutinho 81?
      Sturridge 83?
      Lallana 79?

F**k right off EA.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #16850: Aug 14, 2014 02:51:08 pm
      Henderson 78? 80
      Sterling 79? 82
      Coutinho 81? 84
      Sturridge 83? 86
      Lallana 79? 81

F**k right off EA.
      Minimum.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #16851: Aug 14, 2014 03:01:20 pm
      Seriously. Who gives a F**k about some shitty video game?! You want to play video games, choose something decent to play. F***ing fifa!
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #16852: Aug 14, 2014 03:09:12 pm
      Seriously. Who gives a f**k about some shitty video game?! You want to play video games, choose something decent to play. F***ing fifa!
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #16853: Aug 14, 2014 03:17:24 pm
      Henderson 78?
      Sterling 79?
      Coutinho 81?
      Sturridge 83?
      Lallana 79?

F**k right off EA.

Always thought they underrated us, especially in recent years. Find it surprising because their COO Peter Moore is a massive life-long LFC fan.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #16854: Aug 14, 2014 03:33:02 pm
      Off topic a bit

Not bothered. I still manage to punk on people when I play with LFC. Nothing better than playing against some pace whore using kick and run tactics with Madrid and making them rage quit after I put a few early goals past em!!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #16855: Aug 14, 2014 04:11:46 pm
      Not bothered. I still manage to punk on people when I play with LFC. Nothing better than playing against some pace whore using kick and run tactics with Madrid and making them rage quit after I put a few early goals past em!!

I don't have a console, but have played Fifa a fair few times in the past with mates. Playing online was an arse. If you lose, you lose..

But if you win...

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #16856: Aug 14, 2014 07:16:20 pm
      All quiet then?

I say the club take the £15m we were 'going to spend'  ;) on Konoplayanko, in January, use it to both subsidise the traveling Kop and get a round in for everyone at the saints game...

Saying as we're not using it like.  :ernaehrung004:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #16857: Aug 14, 2014 08:32:52 pm
      So with two days till the start of the season, we've 'invested' £70,000 into the transfer budget.

Ha ha.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #16858: Aug 14, 2014 08:36:20 pm
      So with two days till the start of the season, we've 'invested' £70,000 into the transfer budget.

Ha ha.

its a start :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply