Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4321697 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #17066: Aug 18, 2014 11:58:58 am
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #17067: Aug 18, 2014 12:04:28 pm
      I think, after we get that striker, our next priorities will be a GK and a CM

Agreed. We also need to offload Johnson, Lucas, Borini, Assaidi, Agger and Toure. If we can replace them with three good players to fill the positions you mentioned we will be in good shape.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #17068: Aug 18, 2014 12:33:08 pm
      I'm still shocked that some people on here had Lucas down as a better player than Alex Song TBH.

I rate Lucas, as you know Mick, but I think Song is a better player.

Think he'd be a good signing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #17069: Aug 18, 2014 12:33:57 pm
      Agreed. We also need to offload Johnson, Lucas, Borini, Assaidi, Agger and Toure. If we can replace them with three good players to fill the positions you mentioned we will be in good shape.
      Unless Brendan is a flat out liar we won't be doing that much business.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #17070: Aug 18, 2014 12:37:49 pm
      Worshiping other teams players and picking on Lallana for no good reason? He hasn't even played for us yet.
      You're depressing mate.

He'd give MDMA depression.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #17071: Aug 18, 2014 12:40:06 pm

:D

Proper ray of sunshine is Fed.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #17072: Aug 18, 2014 01:11:19 pm

Don't think Toure will be off. If Dagger wants to go, plus Ilori going to France on loan and us rumoured to offer Coates in a make-weight deal for Romero, Toure looks like our 4th choice CB

I'm really pessimistic on other sales though
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #17073: Aug 18, 2014 02:35:20 pm
      Tadic looks a player doesn't he.  Schneiderlin is also fantastic.  He should have been the one we spent the big money on, not f**king Lallana.

Speaking of players better than Lallana, did anyone catch the Newcastle game?  did anyone see Cabella???  what a cracking player... they got him for less than half of what we paid for Lallana and he's even 2 years younger than Lallana...

Could have used Cabella today to break them down, Coutinho wasn't really on his best.

Along with world class and your former favorite Moussa Sissoko (who is setting the world apart, I'm sure), they must be fighting for the league trophy, right?

Don't be such an idiot, Fed. You have potential - I believe in you! Go Fed, go! Just don't act as a child, because I have the impression you are far too old for that.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #17074: Aug 18, 2014 03:38:33 pm
      Along with world class and your former favorite Moussa Sissoko (who is setting the world apart, I'm sure), they must be fighting for the league trophy, right?

Don't be such an idiot, Fed. You have potential - I believe in you! Go Fed, go! Just don't act as a child, because I have the impression you are far too old for that.

Add Diame to that, who couldn't get into the West Ham XI on Saturday  :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #17075: Aug 18, 2014 03:44:38 pm
      Add Diame to that, who couldn't get into the West Ham XI on Saturday  :D

The logic is the following: if we buy players from mid-table clubs, complain that we're bringing small club players; however, to be as inconsistent as possible, make a list of, err, players form mid-table clubs that we really should have gone after, because, well, despite being small club players, these ones are special - even the ones never seen before but that looked half decent on their debuts.

All for the sake of causing as much reaction as possible. I find it funny, but a bit sad.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #17076: Aug 18, 2014 04:42:16 pm
      "Defenders Micah Richards and Matija Nastasic, midfielder Scott Sinclair and striker John Guidetti look to be heading out of Manchester City."

Would anyone take one (or more) of those players?
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #17077: Aug 18, 2014 04:46:43 pm
      "Defenders Micah Richards and Matija Nastasic, midfielder Scott Sinclair and striker John Guidetti look to be heading out of Manchester City."

Would pass on all of them.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #17078: Aug 18, 2014 04:48:11 pm
      The logic is the following: if we buy players from mid-table clubs, complain that we're bringing small club players; however, to be as inconsistent as possible, make a list of, err, players form mid-table clubs that we really should have gone after, because, well, despite being small club players, these ones are special - even the ones never seen before but that looked half decent on their debuts.

All for the sake of causing as much reaction as possible. I find it funny, but a bit sad.

There's no consistent logic  - Federer just criticizes the players he doesn't personally rate.

The only way he could be happy is if Ian Ayre asked him to fax over a list of targets before the window started.

Of course, if we had done that, our league chances and medium term future would now be resting on Pepe, Agger, Diame, Cabella, Sissoko all playing behind Balotelli.

Maybe that's the key to the league - in my opinion it would be fortunate to be in the top seven. 
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #17079: Aug 18, 2014 05:00:56 pm
      I rate Lucas, as you know Mick, but I think Song is a better player.

Think he'd be a good signing.

I also uses to rate Lucas highly, but I think his legs have gone due to injuries. He was never the quickest, but now he struggles to even get back. Perhaps a lack of match fitness, but I'm thinking otherwise. Was very surprised that Can got no minutes, although Joe Allen played quite well IMO..

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #17080: Aug 18, 2014 05:03:10 pm

Maybe injury prone, but as a player, I like Micah Richards. Takes a lot to bully him off the ball.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17081: Aug 18, 2014 05:07:37 pm

I honestly wouldn't mate. The only one that's anywhere close to being decent is Nastasic and we're stacked at centre back.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #17082: Aug 18, 2014 05:27:45 pm
      Maybe injury prone, but as a player, I like Micah Richards. Takes a lot to bully him off the ball.

We have Manquillo, Flanno and Johnson for RB. We do not need another.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17083: Aug 18, 2014 05:35:50 pm
      We have Manquillo, Flanno and Johnson for RB. We do not need another.

We do if we can sell one of them though. Not that I expect anything like that to happen, but there's rumours floating about for Johnson to QPR for £7m, can't see it myself but hey.

Agree with Mcarz in that Nastasic is the only one who appeals and we're over-stocked at CB anyway, so no thank you.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #17084: Aug 18, 2014 05:37:02 pm
      We do if we can sell one of them though. Not that I expect anything like that to happen, but there's rumours floating about for Johnson to QPR for £7m, can't see it myself but hey.

Agree with Mcarz in that Nastasic is the only one who appeals and we're over-stocked at CB anyway, so no thank you.

We sell Johnson and we have Manquillo and Flanno. Two is more than enough for RB's. We do not need 3.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #17085: Aug 18, 2014 05:37:49 pm

Tell that to Emre Can ;)
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #17087: Aug 18, 2014 05:58:50 pm
      I like the look of guidetti if he was available from city
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #17088: Aug 18, 2014 06:20:56 pm

How do you bully him off the physios table?

Quick Reply