Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4321779 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #17503: Aug 24, 2014 09:07:33 am
      I think he´s a good player, no more and no less. Would you swap him for Raheem Sterling? No, neither would I.
      You've hit on a great point there Mick - new signings being better than what we have [or 'would you swap them for...?']

Who would you swap for Balotelli then mick: Raheem Sterling/Danny Sturridge?  :confused-smiley-013:

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #17504: Aug 24, 2014 09:10:37 am
      You've hit on a great point there Mick - new signings being better than what we have [or 'would you swap them for...?']

Who would you swap for Balotelli then mick: Raheem Sterling/Danny Sturridge?   :confused-smiley-013:

Neither mate. I would though swap him for Lambert or Borini. Equally, I´d definately play him as one of a two up top on occasions with Danny Sturridge.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #17505: Aug 24, 2014 09:11:39 am
      Sorry about the quoting feck up BTW, can´t fathom this Spanish keyboard at all. Only one more day to go, back to Blighty in time for the game tomorrow.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #17506: Aug 24, 2014 09:42:48 am
      Sorry about the quoting feck up BTW
      No probs mate.

You wouldn't swap Balotelli for either Raheem or Danny (neither would I btw) but you're asking 'us' if we'd swap Di Maria for Raheem. Well... (I guess you know where this is going then?):  no but I'd swap him for Borini or Assaidi.  ;D

Edit: for what it's worth I don't rate Di Maria highly enough to want him here either (maybe last season or the season before but not now) - I now, honestly, believe we have signed Lazar to fill that wide left attacking role and that coupled with the emergence of Raheem and Coutinho's ability to play there as well; we have both ample and quality cover.
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2014 09:55:33 am by bad boy bubby »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #17507: Aug 24, 2014 10:22:29 am
      I think the interesting thing about the Di Maria transfer to them is that they don't appear to have learned anything from the Juan Mata transfer - they've ended up in a place where getting "some name" in is the end and not the means to an end.......which is what signings are meant to be.

Isn't it....?

lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #17508: Aug 24, 2014 10:26:18 am
      Unfortunately, I thought Di Maria was Real Madrid's best player last season after Ronaldo. He was the one running the team. Best player in the CL final IMO.

Also, Di Maria isn't lazy, he's one of their hardest working players.

I don't think he'll be as good for United but it will improve them significantly.

Also dismisses the theory you can't buy world class players without CL football though.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #17509: Aug 24, 2014 10:40:03 am
      Also dismisses the theory you can't buy world class players without CL football though.

I think it is more a case of the longer a team is out of the CL the harder it gets. If the mancs mess up this season I think they will struggle to attract top players next season.

To miss out on CL once may be regarded as a misfortune; to miss out twice looks like carelessness, as Oscar Wild nearly said.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #17510: Aug 24, 2014 10:46:24 am
      Good player yes over£50 million ????no chance .
      Also thought he wasn't all that at the World Cup ,but , hey the mancs are jizzing themselves stupid over this just doesn't address their problems .
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #17511: Aug 24, 2014 11:00:46 am
      Apparently Calderon has been on 5 Live saying Alonso and Khedira may also leave Real with Arsenal and Liverpool interested in them.

Lucas out, Alonso in?

G'wed then!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #17512: Aug 24, 2014 11:39:51 am
      Apparently Calderon has been on 5 Live saying Alonso and Khedira may also leave Real with Arsenal and Liverpool interested in them.

Lucas out, Alonso in?

G'wed then!

Khedira please, he'd be a monster in our midfield.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #17513: Aug 24, 2014 11:58:18 am

You can. If you're willing to get bent over backwards and pay exorbitant money for them. Apparently Real have increased their asking price for Di Maria to £75 million. The desperate c*nts will probably pay it too  :D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #17514: Aug 24, 2014 12:18:45 pm
      Indeed it does mate... although I'm not sure where that particular myth came from anyhow. Sure we were able to attract Suarez without Champions League football and while we admittedly had to pay almost double on what we first offered,we weren't exactly "bent over" either.

Then again: we only know that to be the case now - we weren't to know it at the time.  ;D
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #17515: Aug 24, 2014 12:33:12 pm
      Indeed it does mate... although I'm not sure where that particular myth came from anyhow. Sure we were able to attract Suarez without Champions League football and while we admittedly had to pay almost double on what we first offered,we weren't exactly "bent over" either.

Then again: we only know that to be the case now - we weren't to know it at the time.  ;D

I heard people on the forum saying we can't get quality players because we've only been in the CL for one season. And that we need to sustain qualification of CL football over a number of years to be considered by quality players. What a load of crap.

But clubs do generally have to slightly overpay for players without CL football. Then again, United just overpay for players generally, even for players in teams without CL football.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #17516: Aug 24, 2014 01:08:49 pm
      I heard people on the forum saying we can't get quality players because we've only been in the CL for one season. And that we need to sustain qualification of CL football over a number of years to be considered by quality players. What a load of crap.

But clubs do generally have to slightly overpay for players without CL football. Then again, United just overpay for players generally, even for players in teams without CL football.

Unless you can pay the kind of money to make players forget about their Champion's League ambitions surely it should be obvious that, careers being short, players will choose their club based on their likelihood of how much Champion's League football they will get in the coming seasons?

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #17517: Aug 24, 2014 01:08:51 pm
      This isn't a Di Maria thread, ladies.

On track.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,991 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #17518: Aug 24, 2014 01:10:41 pm
      There's a song about Di Maria isn't there, think Julie Andrews sang it in "the sound of music",  ;D,
      The manc version.....
           "what are we gonna do with, Di Maria"

good player that he is, but £50m nah, not a f***in chance,  £25m_£30m maybe, look tbh he would have been a good fit for us,however we have potentially a better option with Markovic, Ibe, & Sterling if played out wide,
      I'm not convinced di maria will put pen to paper yet, which if he didn't would be funny as F**k,

Anyhoo not that it mata's  ;D, chip van wrinkle needs to sort out his sh*t defence before recruiting attack minded individuals,  keep up the good work Chip, you're doing a grand job.

YNWA
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #17519: Aug 24, 2014 01:19:18 pm
      Unless you can pay the kind of money to make players forget about their Champion's League ambitions surely it should be obvious that, careers being short, players will choose their club based on their likelihood of how much Champion's League football they will get in the coming seasons?

£55 million for Di Maria isn't that bad value, in the grand scheme of things when you compare with £42 million for Luiz, James Rodriguez for £62 million, Luke Shaw for £32 million.

A little overpriced but not the worst deal that's ever been done in the world.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #17520: Aug 24, 2014 01:25:57 pm
      This isn't a Di Maria thread, ladies.

On track.

Warnings next.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #17521: Aug 24, 2014 10:19:57 pm
      64m for Di Maria. Just goes to show football has disappeared up its own arse. The money in the game today is just ludicrous. And I thought BR had spent a lot on bringing in 9 players. Seriously, as much as I love my footy, it really does need to get a sense of reality.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17522: Aug 25, 2014 12:09:38 am
      So as this thread needs dragging off the current tack... does anyone think we'll buy anyone else other than a reserve keeper?

I hear Khedira being linked to United, I'd love us to poke our noses in there. With the likely exit of Lucas he would be a great addition. Not sure he'd come without some assurances over first team position though. Would we be willing to give those assurances, pretty sure wouldn't be so it might be a none-starter. I also believe Can could prove to be a brilliant signing so holding back his progress might be counterproductive.

I will say that our DM does seem our weakest area when you consider that Gerrard will need resting. We can't expect him to play every single minute of every game so one injury to either Can or Gerrard and we're struggling. I don't think Allen or Henderson are reasonable options to play there so if I were to choose one more signing it would be a defensive midfielder.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #17523: Aug 25, 2014 02:43:43 am
      It'll be interesting to see if we bring in that midfield reinforcement. We could see two more transfers, basically Reina and Lucas replacements.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17524: Aug 25, 2014 02:55:43 am
      Khedira is staying at Madrid and Liverpool has received no offers from any club for Lucas.

BBC and the Echo respectively.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #17525: Aug 25, 2014 07:38:20 am
      Sign Alonso! Di Maria is a really good player, and maybe one of the best players of the EPL when he signs. Only Ozil, Fabregas and Hazard are close to his level. He is worth 50mil if Torres was... It seems to be a fair deal for both R.Madrid and Man U although  I doubt ManU needed him.

I don't know if we'll sign another player but we should look for oppotunities. The squad can still be improved. And players like Suso, Assaidi, Ibe, Coates, Lucas, Borini and Agger need to know if they'll play or not, if not, we need to sell them.

I still think Lucas, Agger, Suso, Borini and Coates deserve a chance to prove themselves.

EDIT: HHAHAHAA I did not know it was reported they would sign him for 75 mil! They are crazy.
      ANd then comparing to Van Gaal, we can definitely say BR is a genius!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=808922989129809&set=vb.211620238860090&type=2&theater

Quick Reply