Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4294569 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #19596: Mar 17, 2015 12:14:44 pm
      Got a fleeting feeling that Milner could be a good fit in our midfield

:couch:

No need for hiding on that mate. I think he'd be a good addition to the team/club but as I've not seen many of his centre mid performances recrntly its hard for me to say if he'd be a good addition for that position. He'd be good as a possible right wing back though. No player has covered more ground in a game than him this season, he's a workaholic, has great stamina and seems to be able to put a pretty decent cross in.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #19597: Mar 17, 2015 12:18:37 pm
      Definitely done exciting prospects around, some of whom I hope we're considering. Likes of Firminho, Depay, Lacazette and Vietto all excite me
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #19598: Mar 17, 2015 12:19:24 pm
      I dont think he'd be one for the long term. And he's always been more athlete than brain and technical finesse. Even tho, today he is experienced and the finished article for what he was destined to be.

Where would he improve us? More experienced than Moreno ok. But he's a solid player rather than a dazzler. If he aint good enough for Man C, why should we have castoffs?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #19599: Mar 17, 2015 12:19:58 pm
      He'd be good as a possible right wing back though. No player has covered more ground in a game than him this season, he's a workaholic, has great stamina and seems to be able to put a pretty decent cross in.

The reason Milner hasnt signed the contract according to his entourage, is that Pellegrini keeps playing him on the right and he prefers the central role. I think with his workrate, ball control and passing, he would be a very valuable squad player in most of our formations.

If he aint good enough for Man C, why should we have castoffs?

He is not at all a cast off. And his manager desperately wants him to sign that contract extension. You paint a picture like he is Stephen Ireland
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #19600: Mar 17, 2015 12:21:11 pm
      If Milner can't reach a satisfactory financial deal at City how do we think we would be able to do so?

Straight question really

City don't want to lose him
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #19601: Mar 17, 2015 12:24:08 pm
      If Milner can't reach a satisfactory financial deal at City how do we think we would be able to do so?

Yeah, thats the difficult part but reading 'stories' that money isnt everything after all
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #19602: Mar 17, 2015 12:48:18 pm
      What do people think about Ben Foster/Brad Guzan as 2nd choice keeper?
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #19603: Mar 17, 2015 12:51:44 pm
      What do people think about Ben Foster/Brad Guzan as 2nd choice keeper?

Why would they want to sit on the bench when they are first choice at their clubs right now?

Foster played second fiddle at United and then moved to get first team football and Guzan was close to leaving but was then told he was replacing Given so stayed on. Good keepers but highly unlikely that they would move here.

For what its worth, I think we will end up with Mat Ryan of Club Brugge.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,627 posts | 762 
      Reply #19604: Mar 17, 2015 01:45:39 pm
      We dont need Milner at all! Also milner is gonna want 150k a week at least. ;D cmon is he really worth it?

I'd go with Berahino, Bolasie, a back up GK, and a DM
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #19605: Mar 17, 2015 01:52:32 pm
      We dont need Milner at all! Also milner is gonna want 150k a week at least. ;D cmon is he really worth it?

Bolasie? No thanks.

I actually like James Milner and I believe his not signing a new contract at City is due to not being guaranteed game time at the Etihad. If we can get him to the club on a £100k wage I'd take it as he would be free too (no transfer fee involved).

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #19606: Mar 17, 2015 01:53:01 pm

Neither good enough for LFC in my opinion.

insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #19607: Mar 17, 2015 02:12:07 pm
      Neither good enough for LFC in my opinion.

I do think James Milner is good enough. He'd be a great utility man at the club; someone who can play anywhere you put him and he will do a good job too. It's no coincidence that Mancini and Pellegrini have both praised him and the players all like him too. Vastly underrated player who played an integral part in both their title successes.

Quotes from Pellegrini...

"It would be very difficult to find a more complete player than Milner."

"There are players who are better technically. There are quicker players. There are players who head the ball better. But show me a player who does all the things that Milner does well and there isn't one. And whatever position I put him in he plays well.

"It's very difficult to find another Milner -- an intelligent player, with big balls and a massive heart."
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #19608: Mar 17, 2015 03:02:56 pm
      haha.. those quotes, at this time from Pellegrini, are just sweeteners for the player to sign the contract extension  :laugh:
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #19609: Mar 17, 2015 03:09:30 pm
      I read that too Pear; in The Echo transfer gossip column. It reports on a Sunday People article which suggests he'd prefer to come here over the scum.

On the lad himself - I've only really seen him play, for Holland, in the World Cup and he looked okay. He has come back from there and shown some sparkling form (it would seem) for PSV; creating a buzz along the way.

Plays a wide left attacking role - much like Konoplyanka; remember him? So, given that Brendan has been looking for that type for some while now and he's "young, with potential", I wouldn't rule any interest in Depay out.

The only things I could possibly see against the link are - Brendan stating he wanted players who are more the finished article, rather than just with potential, there might be a bidding war and the fact that Konoplyanka will be available on a free this Summer.
      I read that on Sky sports.Didnt ever watched him play but i watched a few scouting clips and he seems like a good player.Good long shots and has some pace,i would not have a problem seeing him in the reds jersey.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #19610: Mar 17, 2015 08:50:17 pm
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #19612: Mar 17, 2015 09:40:44 pm

We won't.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19613: Mar 17, 2015 09:46:21 pm

Straight question really

City don't want to lose him

I've heard it's not about how much they're willing to give him, its about how long he wants the contract to be.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #19614: Mar 17, 2015 09:48:24 pm

Of course we will, John w has the Stevie G wages burning a whole in his pocket, and he's just dying to reinvest it back into the team!!  :f_tongueincheek:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #19615: Mar 17, 2015 09:50:19 pm
      Of course we will, John w has the Stevie G wages burning a whole in his pocket, and he's just dying to reinvest it back into the team!!  :f_tongueincheek:

I'd much rather he used that money to secure Raheem and Hendo.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #19616: Mar 17, 2015 09:55:55 pm
      I'd much rather he used that money to secure Raheem and Hendo.

We'll have to wait until the summer to see how much more is freed up in the summer too . Johnson might free up a few quid too if we can move him on.
      joshuaaa07
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #19617: Mar 17, 2015 10:06:01 pm

I could see it happening but then again I can see it not happening either, hes never played in the EPL and being 33 I could see him wanting to atleast have a go at it. But being 33 I couldn't see it as a very good investment hes also going to want a crap load of money which we would never get back...
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #19618: Mar 18, 2015 12:02:03 am
      presumably you mean that as a normative statement.

because I think you'll find that the current reality is that the people who run the club couldn't care less about what the supporters think.

No it's a positive statement, the owners rely utterly on the opinion of the fans. No fans = no TV audiences = no revenue = no profit.

However the matchgoing fans at Anfield have relatively little sway on how the club is run since they have little appreciation for how an elite professional club should be run and less interest in extending our appeal to new fans abroad.

Quick Reply