Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4303753 times
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #20424: Jun 01, 2015 04:37:00 am
      we've landed a 30 mil bid for Joao Moutinho

Link?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,900 posts | 6827 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #20425: Jun 01, 2015 09:26:18 am
      I've never seen Messi score a header though mate, (although he's probably scored tonnes) I don't know much about him, but I do love a fast tricky forward.
      Probably all just speculation anyway!  :-\

But Messi isn't an out and out Striker mate. Besides we're never gonna see another player like him anyways. Suarez was the closest and he's gone and joined him.  :f_wah:

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20426: Jun 01, 2015 10:00:12 am
      ck of the net as well as doing all the other stuff you'd expect from a Striker. That's just me though, I've never seen this lad play and he might be fantastic but I just want a Striker who has every trick in his locker.

1 header he scored was against the scum in the Champions League final a few years ago. Watched that in the centre of Manchester, that was a fun night! :D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #20427: Jun 01, 2015 10:33:53 am
      we've landed a 30 mil bid for Joao Moutinho

That makes about as much sense as bidding 30 mill for Benteke.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20428: Jun 01, 2015 04:08:03 pm
      Liverpool close in on four new stars

Liverpool are desperate to improve their squad this summer and are pushing for four huge transfers. The Reds are lining up deals for Villa's Christian Benteke, Southampton's Nathaniel Clyne and soon-to-be free agents James Milner & Danny Ings.

Source: Metro

The only one I'm not keen on is Benteke, but I'd be fine with the other three. Should be only the start though.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #20429: Jun 01, 2015 04:13:40 pm

Liverpool are desperate to improve their squad this summer and are pushing for four huge transfers. The Reds are lining up deals for Villa's Christian Benteke, Southampton's Nathaniel Clyne and soon-to-be free agents James Milner & Danny Ings.

The only one I'm not keen on is Benteke, but I'd be fine with the other three. Should be only the start though.

Agreed. Unless we get Benteke for half of his buyout clause, we can pass up on him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #20430: Jun 01, 2015 04:14:55 pm

I'm not at all keen on the bag of sh*te Metro source mate.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20431: Jun 01, 2015 04:33:57 pm

Deary me, what have we become when the 4 "huge transfers" are referring to those players.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #20432: Jun 01, 2015 04:35:15 pm
      so is milner stevie's replacement?  :f_tongueincheek:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #20433: Jun 01, 2015 04:43:52 pm
      Deary me, what have we become when the 4 "huge transfers" are referring to those players.

:lmao:

So true Debs, not one of those is really a huge transfer. I get the feeling Milner will be a decent signing, also feels Ings will do relatively and Clyne should have been bought last season along with Schneiderlin instead of the 3 we did get.

Having said that none of the above are huge or even close to it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20434: Jun 01, 2015 04:52:45 pm
      :lmao:

So true Debs, not one of those is really a huge transfer. I get the feeling Milner will be a decent signing, also feels Ings will do relatively and Clyne should have been bought last season along with Schneiderlin instead of the 3 we did get.

Having said that none of the above are huge or even close to it.

Nope, not for me either mate.  Huge transfers implies game changers and/or winners not hopefuls, has beens and/or wannabes  :mad:

Our lack of ambition and indifference towards winning is bewildering.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20435: Jun 01, 2015 05:28:32 pm

Haha hand't noticed the "huge" in there. Again the only one I'm not very keen on is Benteke but even so, the other 3 should only be a start.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20436: Jun 01, 2015 05:38:24 pm
      Haha hand't noticed the "huge" in there. Again the only one I'm not very keen on is Benteke but even so, the other 3 should only be a start.

They're fine to pick up just before the window closes, when all the main business has been done mate but not as our major targets ffs!!
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #20437: Jun 01, 2015 06:01:29 pm
      Enrique - 3 mn
      Allen - 7 mn
      Balotelli - 8 mn
      Borini - 6 mn
      Lambert - 5 mn
      Aspas - 5 mn
      Luis Alberto - 3mn
      Coates - 3 mn

Thats 40 mn right there and if FSG can spend 30 mn from their pockets we would have a total of 70 mn to spend which can be very well spent on

1. RB(Clyne) - 15 mn
      2. Midfielder (Pjanic/Firmino) - 25 mn
      4. Striker (Lacazette/Vietto) - 30 mn

If a person like me sitting at home do this simple maths which can improve our team by light years, the guys who get paid millions to do this job should get it in an instant but it seems too good to be true and I dont think will happen.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20438: Jun 01, 2015 06:50:51 pm
      Arsenal & Liverpool trigger Vietto's release clause

Arsenal & Liverpool have both triggered Villarreal striker Luciano Vietto's release clause of €20 million. The Premier League duo are also expected to face competition from Atletico Madrid.

sh*t source but there you go
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #20439: Jun 01, 2015 07:11:22 pm
      Enrique - 3 mn
      Allen - 7 mn
      Balotelli - 8 mn
      Borini - 6 mn
      Lambert - 5 mn
      Aspas - 5 mn
      Luis Alberto - 3mn
      Coates - 3 mn

Thats 40 mn right there and if FSG can spend 30 mn from their pockets we would have a total of 70 mn to spend which can be very well spent on

1. RB(Clyne) - 15 mn

If a person like me sitting at home do this simple maths which can improve our team by light years, the guys who get paid millions to do this job should get it in an instant but it seems too good to be true and I dont think will happen.

We won't sell 7 to bring in 3. I don't think so anyways, but could be proved wrong.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #20440: Jun 01, 2015 07:11:23 pm
      Thanks for the Video OR but I stopped it after about a minute where it said WEAKNESSES: Aerial ability.

I'd love a Striker that can head a ball and smash it into the back of the net as well as doing all the other stuff you'd expect from a Striker. That's just me though, I've never seen this lad play and he might be fantastic but I just want a Striker who has every trick in his locker.

Speaking of headers, Aussie. Did you see the monster header of Cavani's in the Cup Final?

Bullet-like and devastating.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #20441: Jun 01, 2015 07:13:39 pm

Arsenal & Liverpool have both triggered Villarreal striker Luciano Vietto's release clause of €20 million. The Premier League duo are also expected to face competition from Atletico Madrid.

Sh*t source but there you go

Again, I'd be very happy with this signing, but Vietto seemingly favors Atletico. The only thing we can offer him here that Arsenal and Atleti necessarily can't is playing time.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #20442: Jun 01, 2015 07:16:33 pm

1. RB(Clyne) - 15 mn

If we end up getting Pjanic, Lacazette and Clyne I will be one happy camper!

That will definitely give us some cutting edge and improve our first team.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #20443: Jun 01, 2015 07:16:49 pm

Sh*t source but there you go

He's done really well for a low scoring Villarreal team. Much more like the type of player we should be after and much more the type we'll miss out on. Could develop into a really top quality player.

Just to re-iterate a point that's been made many times, FSG do not spend a penny from their pockets, it's all from what we generate.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #20444: Jun 01, 2015 07:25:08 pm
      Just to re-iterate a point that's been made many times, FSG do not spend a penny from their pockets, it's all from what we generate.

Common knowledge mate, which is why I am left puzzled by people saying that FSG need to splash the cash or put their hands in their pockets.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20445: Jun 01, 2015 07:53:55 pm
      Would hope that the Benteke/Ings reports relate just to feelers being put out, if anything at all.
      If they are determined attempts at signings, then the transfer committee need a serious shake.
      Can only hope when Werner is over, everything comes under review, and this is nipped in the bud.
      Whether they can start competing for the Sanchezs, Costas, Benzemas etc is another days work...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #20446: Jun 01, 2015 08:35:56 pm
      1. RB(Clyne) - 15 mn

Firmino is better as a roaming forward or 2nd striker. Fantastic player who will be world class once he joins a big club. Hopefully, we'll give it a shot and bid for him!

Quick Reply