Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4260132 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #23506: Feb 17, 2016 01:06:59 pm
      It wouldn't surprise me if we get him or someone very similar Luke. 

I only posted yesterday somewhere that we'll prioritise a no nonsense, f**k off type midfielder and a WR player who scores for fun. 

I agree 100% Debs, I see there's a story of us potentially offering a swap of Benteke and Hernandez, seems a strange offer and I'd take that with a mountain of salt, why would they swap pace and trickery for a target man?!?

I do think Benteke will be the one to move from our 5 strikers, of course Balotelli too and then we'll bring one in there but not too much more than that.

As has been said for as long as the debate has rolled on it's quality over quantity we need. Of course all these quality players may not work but I'd rather bet on them than the premiership proven crap we've had to endure. I know some will think that's disrespectful to the likes of Milner, Benteke, Downing, Henderson, Allen etc but just look at the lack of technical quality in those players and then look at the likes of Firmino, Coutinho etc, there's a gulf.

I honestly think our attack has been carrying our midfield for a long time, even in the days of Suarez/Sterling/Sturridge it was only really Gerrard that stepped up, Coutinho dropping back in there made up for the lack of technical ability we have in that area and you really need to go back to the likes of Alonso beforehand to have some confidence that some will come from our engine room.

Really looking forward to this summer, much more than I have at any other time I think, as long as we can keep hold of Coutinho and start bringing in more of his friends :) then we'll be marching down that road to recovery in no time at all.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #23507: Feb 17, 2016 01:28:46 pm
      I agree 100% Debs, I see there's a story of us potentially offering a swap of Benteke and Hernandez, seems a strange offer and I'd take that with a mountain of salt, why would they swap pace and trickery for a target man?!?

I do think Benteke will be the one to move from our 5 strikers, of course Balotelli too and then we'll bring one in there but not too much more than that.

As has been said for as long as the debate has rolled on it's quality over quantity we need. Of course all these quality players may not work but I'd rather bet on them than the premiership proven crap we've had to endure. I know some will think that's disrespectful to the likes of Milner, Benteke, Downing, Henderson, Allen etc but just look at the lack of technical quality in those players and then look at the likes of Firmino, Coutinho etc, there's a gulf.

I honestly think our attack has been carrying our midfield for a long time, even in the days of Suarez/Sterling/Sturridge it was only really Gerrard that stepped up, Coutinho dropping back in there made up for the lack of technical ability we have in that area and you really need to go back to the likes of Alonso beforehand to have some confidence that some will come from our engine room.

Really looking forward to this summer, much more than I have at any other time I think, as long as we can keep hold of Coutinho and start bringing in more of his friends :) then we'll be marching down that road to recovery in no time at all.

It's been said for far too long really Luke. 

Over the last few seasons we've accumulated a rag, tag and bobtail squad of around 30 players where around two thirds of them were never the right choices, didn't fit the system or were just plainly not good enough. 

Having said that the remaining third are a good enough core to build around or compliment those couple of real quality players we're desperate for, with some good prospects to make up the remainder of the squad. 

I'm not wanting to, nor do I expect us to be breaking English records on those signings but I trust Jürgen to find the right players to help him bring out the best in what we've got. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 6419 
      Reply #23508: Feb 17, 2016 01:39:44 pm
      Xhaka, Matip and Hernandez....that's not a bad start. Keep them coming boss :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #23509: Feb 17, 2016 01:39:59 pm
      Strongly linked with Xhaka, the Borussia midfielder. For a long time we've been asking for more steel in midfield, Klopp seems to be favouring Granit instead, bad dum tshh!

In some places it's rumoured we've got £30m already accepted but I don't believe that for even one moment.

A very clever footballer who would feature heavily on the pass before the assist stat if they were ever introduced, be very interesting if we pursue this one and I suspect we'd have an awful lot of competition for his signature too.

Just great to be linked with the likes of Xhaka/Goetze again rather than the premiership proven dullness we've become far too used to.

I don't know much about him Luke.

How good is he mate?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #23510: Feb 17, 2016 03:31:22 pm
      He's far from sh*t.

Would you prefer Benteke and Balotelli?

My thoughts exactly, he is a quality player and a nasty b***ard at that. We could do with a bit of that. We'd all love Costa if he had been an LFC player the past two years, guarantee it. We loved a player who bit people three times for folks sake, oh and he wanted to the leave the club, the second time around he got his wish I may add.
      Scottbot

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #23511: Feb 17, 2016 03:35:46 pm
      Costa's a top striker but sometimes he gets too distracted trying to get himself sent off rather than helping the team and performing well. I like players who get stuck in and make their presence felt but I don't like it when a player's behaviour is a detriment to the team.

How about picking up two 10 match bans! That was pretty detrimental to the team but we still loved the little bugger none the less!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #23512: Feb 17, 2016 03:43:41 pm
      Xhaka would be a great addition. Would love to see that one happen.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #23513: Feb 17, 2016 04:05:41 pm
      Xhaka a very interesting option...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #23514: Feb 17, 2016 04:14:17 pm
      What is so good about this Xhaka that everyone keeps mentioning? Is he a pass master? :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #23515: Feb 17, 2016 04:17:53 pm
      I don't know much about him Luke.

How good is he mate?

Haven't seen him loads but what I have I really like. It's one of those over coined phrases to be Alonsoesque but I'd put him in that bracket. Likes to spray a pass around the field with great accuracy, I see some compare him to Schweinsteiger too which would be fair. When you consider he's lumped in with that type mate you can see what you're getting.

Wont get you many goals in a season but most certainly will be either assisting or the 'key pass' perhaps or assist of the assist type passer if you get what I mean. Has the ability to quickly turn defense into attack and while not exactly the quarter-back that Gerrard was but a similar type but a lot better than Gerrard in defensive duties.

What is clear if we are going after this lad is that we're going to be getting a lot bigger as a side in terms of stature which is good to see. A criticism I placed at Brendan's feet was that we often seemed either bullied or just unable to compete aerially with a lot of teams. Both Matip and Xhaka are very good in the air for their positions and that's very good to see.
      Kopite78
      Reply #23516: Feb 17, 2016 04:30:14 pm
      Midfield of

Xhaka Can

I feel for you

Scottbot

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #23517: Feb 17, 2016 04:36:42 pm

Not seen the lad before but just watched a good 20 minutes of footage of the lad and he certainly looks a talent. Quite a tall rangy player, quite silky on the ball, can take a free kick and seems to like a tackle. We certainly need an upgrade at the DM position but I also think we need a genuinely creative player in there. Our lot are all water carriers, hard workers, physical players but with limited ability against a well disciplined defence. I'd love to see a player in the Modric mould and reckon a big fee would be better spent on this sort of player than a DM.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #23518: Feb 17, 2016 04:38:06 pm
      Strongly linked with Xhaka, the Borussia midfielder. For a long time we've been asking for more steel in midfield, Klopp seems to be favouring Granit instead, bad dum tshh!

In some places it's rumoured we've got £30m already accepted but I don't believe that for even one moment.

A very clever footballer who would feature heavily on the pass before the assist stat if they were ever introduced, be very interesting if we pursue this one and I suspect we'd have an awful lot of competition for his signature too.

Just great to be linked with the likes of Xhaka/Goetze again rather than the premiership proven dullness we've become far too used to.

Think the 30-mil rumors are a bit old and we have been linked with his team mate and Gladbach's other DM - Havard Nordtveit - yet again a free transfer. Honestly I have not seen the guy play. He is a regular for both club and country, and captained the last 3 games when Xhaka was suspended!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #23519: Feb 17, 2016 04:38:18 pm
      Not often you'd find someone excited for a clear out, but i can't wait to see how we look come next season.

A lot of in's and a lot of out's, me thinks.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #23520: Feb 17, 2016 04:50:03 pm

The attack was carrying the defence as well Luke .   

Will be good to get some quality and steel into the side .
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #23521: Feb 17, 2016 04:52:13 pm
      Midfield of

Xhaka Can

I feel for you

Very Good

;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #23522: Feb 17, 2016 05:00:42 pm
      The attack was carrying the defence as well Luke .   

Will be good to get some quality and steel into the side .

So true!

Midfield of

Xhaka Can

I feel for you

Hahaha! Nicely done.
      harrydunn08

• 5,926 posts | 968 
      Reply #23523: Feb 17, 2016 05:19:41 pm
      What is so good about this Xhaka that everyone keeps mentioning? Is he a pass master? :D

Supposed to be a very accomplished deep lying distributor with great passing and a good shot on him.  He's also supposed to be a bit of a hard man which wouldn't go amiss in our midfield.  By that description, he's almost a mix between Xabi and Masch!!

I don't know much about Xhaka other than the hype I read in gossip columns, but Klopp probably knows a lot about him and that'll do for me.

The 1 player I'm hoping tops our shopping list is Aubameyang!!  He's as close as we'll get to a like-for-like replacement/competition for Studge, but with both being comfortable wide and/or through the middle they could potentially play together in a strike pair or in a fluid front 3.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #23524: Feb 17, 2016 06:03:49 pm
      The 1 player I'm hoping tops our shopping list is Aubameyang!!  He's as close as we'll get to a like-for-like replacement/competition for Studge, but with both being comfortable wide and/or through the middle they could potentially play together in a strike pair or in a fluid front 3.

Wishful thinking mate! Lacazette, Volland have similar profiles, more gettable and probably would cost half.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 6419 
      Reply #23525: Feb 17, 2016 06:06:19 pm
      Being heavily linked with Havard Nordtveit. I know nothing about him. Anyone else? It's Bleacher Report so take it with a huge grain of salt.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2617317-liverpool-transfer-news-havard-nordtveit-announcement-expected-latest-rumours
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #23526: Feb 17, 2016 06:25:08 pm
      Half the forum are going to now pretend they know who Granit Xhaka is and pretend he is a good player. I honestly have no idea if he is good, never seen him play and never heard of him. Sounds a lot like a signing Rodgers would have made. Nothing to get exited about. In the mean time it is rumoured Chelsea are after Kroos. Starting to understand why Klopp said missing out on Champions League won't effect him signing great players.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #23527: Feb 17, 2016 06:30:57 pm
      Half the forum are going to now pretend they know who Granit Xhaka is and pretend he is a good player. I honestly have no idea if he is good, never seen him play and never heard of him. Sounds a lot like a signing Rodgers would have made. Nothing to get exited about. In the mean time it is rumoured Chelsea are after Kroos. Starting to understand why Klopp said missing out on Champions League won't effect him signing great players.

What's the fuss about Kroos after all? He has been downright average at Real so far!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #23528: Feb 17, 2016 06:31:29 pm

Why do you continue to post bollocks? Why?! You don't know who he is so automatically assume he's somebody not very good. I've not seen him play so have no idea how good he is but I don't go round posting stupid stuff like that.

Quick Reply