Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4283135 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #24955: Jun 04, 2016 03:38:47 pm
      Liverpool are considering an approach in signing Aston Villa defender Jordan Amavi in the summer transfer window.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/liverpool-transfer-rumour-reds-manager-Jürgen-klopp-targets-aston-villa-defender-jordan-amavi-1563613
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #24956: Jun 04, 2016 03:43:13 pm
      So Coutinho and Sturridge leaving eh?

Rather than considering the loss it would be and FWIW I actually think Coutinho would be a much bigger loss, if you were handed £100m do you think you could replace them?

Consider their performances in the 2 most important games of the season and you would say the job is a simple one. Alternatively consider their performances when they're on top form and I think the task is near impossible for that money. Without CL footy we've already seen that attracting even players Jürgen has a relationship with can prove difficult so are we are perhaps in more need right now than we probably will be in the future.

I can certainly believe Cou is frustrated but as has been reported he's never played in a final before and his performances in the two he has were some of his worst performances in a red shirt. The part of the interview frustrates me, I would hope he develops consistency as you'd expect but the comment that "others understand me" or words to that effect about his international colleagues gave us a larger insight I thought.

If we do have to replace both then this next season will be more than just transitional it will be 6 or 7 new first team players, with that amount of change those that believe a title challenge is an expectation might want to reconsider that.
      Kopite78
      Reply #24957: Jun 04, 2016 04:06:18 pm

Doubt it..

Also did you actual read the link to one of the sources he's quoting? Or not actually read it
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #24958: Jun 04, 2016 05:02:10 pm

Rather than considering the loss it would be and FWIW I actually think Coutinho would be a much bigger loss, if you were handed £100m do you think you could replace them?

Consider their performances in the 2 most important games of the season and you would say the job is a simple one. Alternatively consider their performances when they're on top form and I think the task is near impossible for that money. Without CL footy we've already seen that attracting even players Jürgen has a relationship with can prove difficult so are we are perhaps in more need right now than we probably will be in the future.

I can certainly believe Cou is frustrated but as has been reported he's never played in a final before and his performances in the two he has were some of his worst performances in a red shirt. The part of the interview frustrates me, I would hope he develops consistency as you'd expect but the comment that "others understand me" or words to that effect about his international colleagues gave us a larger insight I thought.

If we do have to replace both then this next season will be more than just transitional it will be 6 or 7 new first team players, with that amount of change those that believe a title challenge is an expectation might want to reconsider that.

No need to panic or give up just yet mate. There is a long way to go yet in this window. I have confidence Jürgen knows exactly what he needs and will get them and exactly who we need to sell without affecting us too much.

Certainly I am not as thrilled as some about who we have signed so far (hard to get too excited about players you haven't seen or heard off before), but I think we will sign a few top quality players I have heard of before the window shuts and fingers crossed we manage to keep our best players too.

As you know I am not slow at giving a quiet moan when I think things are going badly, I am certainly not moaning just yet.

Long way to go, players to sell, players to buy and then lets see where we are before we give up on that title challenge.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #24959: Jun 04, 2016 05:24:22 pm
      No need to panic or give up just yet mate. There is a long way to go yet in this window. I have confidence Jürgen knows exactly what he needs and will get them and exactly who we need to sell without affecting us too much.

Certainly I am not as thrilled as some about who we have signed so far (hard to get too excited about players you haven't seen or heard off before), but I think we will sign a few top quality players I have heard of before the window shuts and fingers crossed we manage to keep our best players too.

As you know I am not slow at giving a quiet moan when I think things are going badly, I am certainly not moaning just yet.

Long way to go, players to sell, players to buy and then lets see where we are before we give up on that title challenge.

Not sure where you got the impression of giving up or panic about the post mate, I'm not at all panicking or giving up. It's going as I expected although I thought we had a great chance of getting Gotze.

I've also suggested earlier that I thought Studge may leave so there's no surprise if that happens from my perspective, the only real disappointment that I'd feel would be Cou because I think he could really progress with us, whereas if he leaves I doubt he'll get the minutes he expects and the glory of winning things from the bench can hardly be compared to being one of the stars of the show.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #24960: Jun 04, 2016 05:43:59 pm
      Doubt it..

Also did you actual read the link to one of the sources he's quoting? Or not actually read it
      No I did not read that far, But I suppose I am responsible if one source mention The Sh!te Toilet Paper... :roll:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #24961: Jun 04, 2016 06:07:02 pm
      Yes I thought our best chance of a title challenge was LAST season***, what with Man Utd being lost, Chelsea in turmoil, City in transition etc. I genuinely believe had we not done so well in the cups we might have seen it materialise, but alas it wasn't to be.

*** By LAST season, I mean the one just finished. The one where Leicester won it, where we got to two cup finals etc. NOT NEXT SEASON.

Now the transfer window is panning out like I expected it would, I'm more convinced than ever that this season coming up (NEXT season, the new one which hasn't started yet) is going to be incredibly difficult for us. I think we are now paying for not at least ensuring we had Europa League football, that really was a bit of an oversight on the part of everyone. Not only does that mean there won't be playing time, bonuses and shop windowing on offer to new recruits, it'll also mean that the younger fellas won't get cheap game time either. Allied to all of that you've got the sight of the big spenders really flashing their cash, which is bound to make them stronger. Take the Mancs for instance, an obviously superior manager taking over from Van Gaal followed by the signing of a World class striker, talks of bids for Pogba and the like with more to come.

Meanwhile we've got Jürgen who seemingly has convinced the fan base that you can improve 8 places in the league against that backdrop, whilst spending relative peanuts. He's also convinced the owners too, although in their case such are his words music to their ears they've probably convinced themselves. There's a long way to go in the window yet, but I remain convinced that unless we shop in the Harrods shop of footballers, at least the Jon Lewis if we can't afford that, we will not be able to compete over the course of a season.

Then the news/speculation that our two best players maybe on their way doesn't fill me with optimism either. It's going to be a long summer.     
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #24962: Jun 04, 2016 06:21:32 pm
      Not sure where you got the impression of giving up or panic about the post mate, I'm not at all panicking or giving up. It's going as I expected although I thought we had a great chance of getting Gotze.

I've also suggested earlier that I thought Studge may leave so there's no surprise if that happens from my perspective, the only real disappointment that I'd feel would be Cou because I think he could really progress with us, whereas if he leaves I doubt he'll get the minutes he expects and the glory of winning things from the bench can hardly be compared to being one of the stars of the show.

No problems mate. Reading your post that was just the impression I got, obviously it is harder to get the positivity of posts across sometimes.

I would be very upset if Couts leaves, he is without doubt my favourite player at the moment as can be seen by my lack of moaning even when he has the odd disappointing game :)

If he goes, he goes though, after Torres I have become a little more philosophical about losing good players. I still don't like it, but I no longer mourn their loss in the same way... even Suarez going didn't affect me too badly. Maybe I am just coming to terms with us being a selling club ?

His sale or even the sale of BOTH him and Studge will not diminish my expectations for this season, as I am confident that Jürgen will find suitable replacements.

I will assess the squad at the end of the window and decide then whether I think my expectations are too high. Until then I will as usual moan about individual buys or even praise them! but I won't despair.   
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #24963: Jun 04, 2016 06:23:20 pm
      And thank God it's Jürgen who's the manager and not Rodgers. If it were still the Northern Irishman, even though it's only speculation people would already be saying that the reason Coutinho and Sturridge wanted out was because "we don't have a World Class manager". If indeed they do want out, at least we know it's f*** all to do with that reason anyway. 
      Kopite78
      Reply #24964: Jun 04, 2016 06:29:17 pm
      No I did not read that far, But I suppose I am responsible if one source mention The Sh!te Toilet Paper... :roll:

Well... Yeah

If you post something then you're responsible to surely read it first

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #24965: Jun 04, 2016 06:30:29 pm
      And thank God it's Jürgen who's the manager and not Rodgers. If it were still the Northern Irishman, even though it's only speculation people would already be saying that the reason Coutinho and Sturridge wanted out was because "we don't have a World Class manager". If indeed they do want out, at least we know it's f*** all to do with that reason anyway. 

I agree with that for Coutinho, not so sure Jürgen doesn't have something to do with Sturridge considering his options.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #24966: Jun 04, 2016 06:30:32 pm
      Can't we please cut out the sh*t "xyz player wanting out" until we actually accept bids on them.

It's paper talk, agent talk, sh*t talk, rumour, gossip, sh*t stirring, destabilising crap.

It's June 4th, the window has another 26 days before it OPENS and already we're in doom and gloom mood, throwing the towel in before we've even got started.

F**k sake what defeatest losers we've become  :mad:
      +10
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #24967: Jun 04, 2016 07:04:32 pm

Title challenge is the only real goal next season, I don't care who comes or goes, that's doesn't change. That's the watermark that's been set for decades with this club and it doesn't get changed now because we are in "transition". Jürgen knows what he has to do, I'm confident he will do it.
      Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #24968: Jun 04, 2016 07:50:58 pm
      Can't we please cut out the sh*t "xyz player wanting out" until we actually accept bids on them.

It's paper talk, agent talk, sh*t talk, rumour, gossip, sh*t stirring, destabilising crap.

It's June 4th, the window has another 26 days before it OPENS and already we're in doom and gloom mood, throwing the towel in before we've even got started.

It is the transfer GOSSIP thread Debs and let's face it, there's fook all elseto talk about bar a few links suggesting players may be going or coming. Unfortunately at the moment most of the goss is pointing to players going rather than coming. I might be the 4th June but not a great deal of business gets done during a major tournament and they all cost a whole lot more once it's finished if they have impressed so it's no wonder a few fans are a bit twitchy, particularly when you look at the gooners who will have spent £50 million on two good players by the time the Vardy deal goes through whilst city just signed a Klopp favourite in Gundogan and the mancs are about to bring in a VERY good player in Ibrahimavich.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #24969: Jun 04, 2016 08:01:42 pm
      It is the transfer GOSSIP thread Debs and let's face it, there's fook all elseto talk about bar a few links suggesting players may be going or coming. Unfortunately at the moment most of the goss is pointing to players going rather than coming. I might be the 4th June but not a great deal of business gets done during a major tournament and they all cost a whole lot more once it's finished if they have impressed so it's no wonder a few fans are a bit twitchy, particularly when you look at the gooners who will have spent £50 million on two good players by the time the Vardy deal goes through whilst city just signed a Klopp favourite in Gundogan and the mancs are about to bring in a VERY good player in Ibrahimavich.

Fizzackerly. Mind you I haven't read any "defeatist" posts which are "throwing the towel" in so I suppose I can't really comment. The only really non defeatist poster is S@int as he expects a title challenge, but we can't all be that optimistic unfortunately.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #24970: Jun 04, 2016 08:03:48 pm

But it's in every thread mate, not just this one.  The same stories running in this one, their own transfer thread and their player thread. 

It's boring, repetitive sh*te followed up with a doom and gloom scenario of something that hasn't yet happened.  It's become typical of Liverpool fans that the worlds about to end, boo hoo look at who all our rivals are signing.  Look at how much money their spending.  We can't compete blah, blah F***ing blah!

As soon as the Cou to PSG rumour broke, it was quashed immediately by the Club but 3 days later it's still filling these boards.

Just because there's nothing in the news about our potential business, doesn't mean that nothing's happening.  Maybe, just maybe, for once, at last - nothing is being leaked by the Club about any of our targets, you know, so that maybe we can actually sign them without some f**ker else coming in and nicking them because the whole world and their F***ing grandma knows who our main targets are.

I just don't get this losing our sh*t instead of having some trust and faith that we might actually know what we're doing this time.

It pisses me off to the absolute max   :f_steam:

Ok folks - rant over.  As you were  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #24971: Jun 04, 2016 08:32:58 pm
      Title challenge is the only real goal next season, I don't care who comes or goes, that's doesn't change. That's the watermark that's been set for decades with this club and it doesn't get changed now because we are in "transition". Jürgen knows what he has to do, I'm confident he will do it.

Only real goal is a fair point FL but do you hear anybody suggesting we shouldn't be aiming to win the title. There's a huge difference between hoping to win and expecting to, that's the difference I have and see.

I've been very clear since before we even got Jürgen that this is FSG's best, possibly last, hope of truly returning this club to the glory years. When people try to suggest that there's a lowering of expectations, it's only short term expectations that I see as lower, my long term expectations of Jürgen is to have us back competing, with a chance to win, in the CL. To have us fighting for every honour, every year domestically and to build team that even playing in masks and unrecognisable strips you'd identify immediately that this is Liverpool.

I believe that no other manager in world football, to my knowledge, could deliver on those goals but it is my expectation that Jürgen will.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #24972: Jun 04, 2016 08:57:45 pm

You should have seen this place when Rodgers was here...
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #24973: Jun 04, 2016 08:58:06 pm
      I agree mate, it is easier integrating young prospects into a good team than a team that is struggling and I think with the addition of a few top quality players we could be a good team... and then start to bring through the prospects.

After the Europa final, and other matches, there was a lot of clamour for 'leaders'. Don't think it'll be enough to just sign some young prospects if we want to make top4. So yea, hopefully Klopp will have one or 'top quality' players up his sleeve...
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #24974: Jun 04, 2016 08:58:28 pm
      Well... Yeah

If you post something then you're responsible to surely read it first
      O.K.... Thank you.(No scarasm meant) I will read it full in future  ;D
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #24975: Jun 04, 2016 09:37:16 pm
      See the skanks are about to sign Eric Baily, who I thought looked like a v. good CB against us.

Hope Matip is as good.  :-\
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #24976: Jun 04, 2016 10:58:18 pm
      See the skanks are about to sign Eric Baily, who I thought looked like a v. good CB against us.

Hope Matip is as good.  :-\

Yeah, the little I saw of him, I thought he was beastly. I would be gutted if they bought him. 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,517 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #24977: Jun 04, 2016 11:11:29 pm
      See Cameroon have qualified for the Africa cup of nations so i assume that matip will disappear mid season

Quick Reply