Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4243472 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #25622: Jun 23, 2016 11:08:00 am
      Remember Martin Odegaard?
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,47047.0.html

The Norwegian wonder kid, who as a LFC fan signed for Real Madrid... Well...

Bayern Munich boss Carlo Ancelotti described the signing of 17-year-old Norwegian forward Martin Odegaard when he was Real Madrid manager as "a marketing exercise".
      http://en.as.com/en/2016/06/22/football/1466572179_625892.html It's in English.

All about the money.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #25624: Jun 23, 2016 11:24:39 am
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25625: Jun 23, 2016 11:26:01 am
      So Leicester want the same amount for Chilwell as we are asking for Allen - crazy times!

I was thinking that. We should start making teams pay more for our players.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #25626: Jun 23, 2016 11:29:01 am

Spurs always seem to profit on the players they sell even the sh*t ones yet we generally sell at a loss.

Why is that?????
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #25627: Jun 23, 2016 11:33:33 am
      Why are we wasting so much time with Gotze? If he is not interested to come this way just forget about him and move on. He's drawing away too much of our time, attention and effort that could be better spent on getting real quality targets and there may be better quality targets out there now. We hope not to end up in a situation where one week before the season kicks off and damn sure that he's joining us and last minute dropped us a bombshell that he's no coming and we will be left with lesser quality targets. Let's not procrastinate and get moving to get the quality players that we needed in early.

Gotze has won many honours and he is used to winning honours, will it motivates him to come over and start winning things for us? I doubt it will, I have no crystal ball but I have the hunch that it won't.  Lesson learnt from last season is that what we really needed from the 11 on the pitch are players that performs consistently over a stretch of 38 games. I'm sure Klopp knows that already.  If we had that we could have easily sneaked into top four, we had easily 4 chances to do that and everytime we squandered that  and perhaps won the Europa cup too. 
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #25628: Jun 23, 2016 11:53:36 am

Well I guess Mike Gordon must have left his expertise in trading back in the US. Or the truth may be he's a really poor trader... The thought of trying to make a quick buck out of Ballotelli makes me sick.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #25629: Jun 23, 2016 12:09:41 pm
      Allen for 10m, a guy in his prime and hitting his peak soon. A better footballer than Hendo, Can and Milner (the only thing they have on him is their physicality), British and we paid £15m for him? 1 year left on his contract with no offer on the table? What the F**k is FSG's policy again? I would be so livid if he leaves for a measly £10m. It just doesn't make sense.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #25630: Jun 23, 2016 02:00:16 pm
      Allen for 10m, a guy in his prime and hitting his peak soon. A better footballer than Hendo, Can and Milner (the only thing they have on him is their physicality), British and we paid £15m for him? 1 year left on his contract with no offer on the table? What the f**k is FSG's policy again? I would be so livid if he leaves for a measly £10m. It just doesn't make sense.

Especially if he is being sold to finance Zielinski, who from what I witnessed playing for Poland this week, isn't fit to lace Joe's boots.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25631: Jun 23, 2016 02:03:53 pm
      Most don't though. I'm not knocking Saint, he's a poster I have respect for on here, and I'm not aiming this at yourself, but most people think the sun shines out Klopp's arse, he walks on water, drinks wine from the tap and his farts smell of roses. He's the messiah and when things go wrong it's player X or player Y's fault, some even still blame Brendan Rodgers even though he left the club almost a season ago.

In my honest opinion, an opinion I know will be unpopular, I think he's being totally naive on what's needed to win the league. You want some pet project? Knock yourself out after you've secured the services of a first team player better than the one we have now. A teenager who is yet to kick a ball in the Premier League might  be molded into Klopp's perfect fullback but he isn't going to put any pressure on Moreno.

If this was Brendan Rodgers going for any one of the transfers we're linked with (Gotze aside) there would be murder but because it's Jürgen 'The Messiah' Klopp, we get "trust Jürgen" instead. I don't want to wait another five years to maybe win the league, I want to win it next season but we sure as hell aren't going to do that with most of the players we're being linked with.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy, and your a very naughty boy for posting such utter bollocks, Klopp's past dealings speak for themselves, your obviously still in the doubters camp and don't think Jürgen will/has the know how to take our club forward, such negativity is poisonous and has no place in our current regime, in days of 'the Messiah' Sir you would be stoned, but in today's parlance judging by your comments, some say you already are !

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      Reply #25632: Jun 23, 2016 02:11:36 pm
      So Leicester want the same amount for Chilwell as we are asking for Allen - crazy times!

Simple solution here, snap Sevilla's hands off for the £10m, add £5m of our own, go get Jonas Hector from Cologne, smells nice that doesn't it,  ;D then we can tell Leicester to f***in do one, simples !!

YNWA
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25633: Jun 23, 2016 02:22:52 pm
      Why are we wasting so much time with Gotze? If he is not interested to come this way just forget about him and move on. He's drawing away too much of our time, attention and effort that could be better spent on getting real quality targets and there may be better quality targets out there now. We hope not to end up in a situation where one week before the season kicks off and damn sure that he's joining us and last minute dropped us a bombshell that he's no coming and we will be left with lesser quality targets. Let's not procrastinate and get moving to get the quality players that we needed in early.

Gotze has won many honours and he is used to winning honours, will it motivates him to come over and start winning things for us? I doubt it will, I have no crystal ball but I have the hunch that it won't.  Lesson learnt from last season is that what we really needed from the 11 on the pitch are players that performs consistently over a stretch of 38 games. I'm sure Klopp knows that already.  If we had that we could have easily sneaked into top four, we had easily 4 chances to do that and everytime we squandered that  and perhaps won the Europa cup too. 

Who says we're wasting any time on him at all? Sounds to me like we're focusing on other targets and if he eventually changes his mind then we'll make an effort to sign him.

Technically, you have no idea how much effort and time he is drawing away from people at the club so why make such assumptions?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #25634: Jun 23, 2016 02:43:58 pm
      Wait, we're supposedly only asking for £10m for Allen? I thought bossing an international tournament was supposed to over-inflate your price?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #25635: Jun 23, 2016 02:47:48 pm
      Most don't though. I'm not knocking Saint, he's a poster I have respect for on here, and I'm not aiming this at yourself, but most people think the sun shines out Klopp's arse, he walks on water, drinks wine from the tap and his farts smell of roses. He's the messiah and when things go wrong it's player X or player Y's fault, some even still blame Brendan Rodgers even though he left the club almost a season ago.

In my honest opinion, an opinion I know will be unpopular, I think he's being totally naive on what's needed to win the league. You want some pet project? Knock yourself out after you've secured the services of a first team player better than the one we have now. A teenager who is yet to kick a ball in the Premier League might  be molded into Klopp's perfect fullback but he isn't going to put any pressure on Moreno.

If this was Brendan Rodgers going for any one of the transfers we're linked with (Gotze aside) there would be murder but because it's Jürgen 'The Messiah' Klopp, we get "trust Jürgen" instead. I don't want to wait another five years to maybe win the league, I want to win it next season but we sure as hell aren't going to do that with most of the players we're being linked with.

What a whopper and I see there is a even bigger one than you by plussing such a steaming pile of horse sh*t.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #25636: Jun 23, 2016 04:41:57 pm
      Anyone heard of Ante Coric? Metro running with a story that Klopp has sounded him out.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #25637: Jun 23, 2016 05:16:55 pm
      Wait, we're supposedly only asking for £10m for Allen? I thought bossing an international tournament was supposed to over-inflate your price?

Everything has a price. I guess the price reflects the club's desire to want him out.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #25638: Jun 23, 2016 05:33:38 pm

I think that would've been before the tournament. Surely that price should be getting bumped up to 15 or even 20 at this point, hopefully?

To be honest, our club's financial and negotiation management in the transfer market leaves so much to be desired it's ridiculous. I think that other clubs around the world truly see us as a club who you can over-charge and under-bid for players big time.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      Reply #25639: Jun 23, 2016 05:35:00 pm
      Anyone heard of Ante Coric? Metro running with a story that Klopp has sounded him out.

Currently employed at Dinamo Zagreb and Croatia, 19 yrs old plays AM, City are chasing him apparently, reckon he's worth around £11m, not seen him play if I'm honest so can't give a detailed description, but I'm sure some anorak will , if Klopp likes him then why the F**k not.

YNWA
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25640: Jun 23, 2016 06:24:43 pm
      I think that would've been before the tournament. Surely that price should be getting bumped up to 15 or even 20 at this point, hopefully?

To be honest, our club's financial and negotiation management in the transfer market leaves so much to be desired it's ridiculous. I think that other clubs around the world truly see us as a club who you can over-charge and under-bid for players big time.

Out of contract next May....would be pretty tough to demand to much of a premium.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25641: Jun 23, 2016 07:12:43 pm
      Was reading before that Brendan hasn't ruled out making a move for Joe :D. Have Celtic even spent £8m or more in total over the past 5 years? He needs to realise where he's now managing, he doesn't have Prem TV money to fall back on.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #25642: Jun 23, 2016 07:45:06 pm

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy, and your a very naughty boy for posting such utter bollocks, Klopp's past dealings speak for themselves, your obviously still in the doubters camp and don't think Jürgen will/has the know how to take our club forward, such negativity is poisonous and has no place in our current regime, in days of 'the Messiah' Sir you would be stoned, but in today's parlance judging by your comments, some say you already are !

YNWA

No, I'm not. I neither doubt nor believe in him. I don't give two flying Monkeys what he did in Germany, he's yet to win anything with us and until he does, the jury is still out on him. The same as it would with any Liverpool manager who was yet to win anything with us. You also missed the point and as such, are part of the problem. If Rodgers wanted to sign Chilwell or Mane or Zielinski it would be blamed on his lack of pulling power (not to mention his fake tan and teeth). Because it's Klopp those unhappy with the lack of ambition being shown are told to blindly trust the manager. It has nothing to do with Klopp and everything to do with double standards of some supporters and the claim that he is criticised where due being a false one.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #25643: Jun 23, 2016 07:47:19 pm
      No, I'm not. I neither doubt nor believe in him. I don't give two flying Monkeys what he did in Germany, he's yet to win anything with us and until he does, the jury is still out on him. The same as it would with any Liverpool manager who was yet to win anything with us. You also missed the point and as such, are part of the problem. If Rodgers wanted to sign Chilwell or Mane or Zielinski it would be blamed on his lack of pulling power (not to mention his fake tan and teeth). Because it's Klopp those unhappy with the lack of ambition being shown are told to blindly trust the manager. It has nothing to do with Klopp and everything to do with double standards of some supporters and the claim that he is criticised where due being a false one.

Rodgers had 3 years of transfers for us to judge him on.

Klopp has had one window.

Don't you think it's best not to judge until we have something to judge by? Is it unbelievable  that most on here are willing to give a top class title winning manager the benefit of the doubt for now?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #25644: Jun 23, 2016 07:52:19 pm
      I don't give two flying Monkeys what he did in Germany

Ok,  but what about 3?

Hard to resist eh??

Quick Reply