Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4264685 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #25852: Jun 30, 2016 04:45:19 pm
      First, last and only United player I like then. Gotta love Zlatan

Nope never have, think he's an over-hyped, egotistical bag of sh*te.

Henrik Larsson was better than him! ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #25853: Jun 30, 2016 04:47:29 pm
      If we are going to miss out on Dahoud anyone seen much of Riechedly Bazoer from Ajax.

Highly thought of as the next big thing to emerge from the Dutch academy.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #25854: Jun 30, 2016 04:50:24 pm
      First, last and only United player I like then. Gotta love Zlatan, even if he's scum now.

He's a pr*ck in my opinion. His egotism is humorous for like 15 seconds in how outrageous it is, but then you step back and understand that he's actually being completely serious and that's how he really does feel about himself.

Also when I watch him play he looks overrated and ineffective to me, but his goal-scoring record is quite insane, so I can't say that he is.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #25855: Jun 30, 2016 04:52:32 pm
      Nope never have, think he's an over-hyped, egotistical bag of sh*te.

Henrik Larsson was better than him! ;)

He's a pr*ck in my opinion. His egotism is humorous for like 15 seconds in how outrageous it is, but then you step back and understand that he's actually being completely serious and that's how he really does feel about himself.

Also when I watch him play he looks overrated and ineffective to me, but his goal-scoring record is quite insane, so I can't say that he is.

That's exactly why I like Ibra though. He's beyond ridiculous. But like Balotelli, it's only funny if he's not on your team.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #25856: Jun 30, 2016 04:59:55 pm
      That's exactly why I like Ibra though. He's beyond ridiculous. But like Balotelli, it's only funny if he's not on your team.

I can agree with that. He's definitely got a good amount of entertainment value, but like you said, would never want his ego in my locker room.

If we are going to miss out on Dahoud anyone seen much of Riechedly Bazoer from Ajax.

Highly thought of as the next big thing to emerge from the Dutch academy.

Not sure we could even land him given that Barca have already shown interest. Wouldn't mind it though. Really hoping a new deeper-lying CM is on the cards. None of who we have or who we're in "deeper" talks with (Zielinski) is good enough to partner with Can back in there and make us a serious contender. More and more I see of how the Dahoud situation is being handled though, the more and more I think Klopp is comfortable with what we've got for another year - which I'm not sure I agree with or not.

Still two months left in the window though.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #25857: Jun 30, 2016 05:11:46 pm
      I can agree with that. He's definitely got a good amount of entertainment value, but like you said, would never want his ego in my locker room.

Not sure we could even land him given that Barca have already shown interest. Wouldn't mind it though. Really hoping a new deeper-lying CM is on the cards. None of who we have or who we're in "deeper" talks with (Zielinski) is good enough to partner with Can back in there and make us a serious contender. More and more I see of how the Dahoud situation is being handled though, the more and more I think Klopp is comfortable with what we've got for another year - which I'm not sure I agree with or not.

Still two months left in the window though.

You mentioned it before, but Krychowiak has looked quality in the Euros, hasn't he? I would love to see us try for him.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #25858: Jun 30, 2016 05:18:32 pm
      You mentioned it before, but Krychowiak has looked quality in the Euros, hasn't he? I would love to see us try for him.

He's world class. Top CM in the tournament thus far, great balance of physical grit and finesse talent. He'll be on show against Portugal in a few hours. Seems he's already been swept up by PSG though for €40m though, most likely with an offer of wages that I'm sure we'd never be able to compete with.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer-poland-midfielder-krychowiak-join-psg-reports-144622468--sow.html
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25859: Jun 30, 2016 06:27:30 pm
      First, last and only United player I like then. Gotta love Zlatan, even if he's scum now.

Lost all respect for him to be honest. For a player that rates himself so highly, why has he dropped down a level when he would have had plenty of teams in the Champions League after him, the main trophy he is yet to win.
      Not concerned at all about the Mancs getting him, he will go the same way as Falcao and IMO, this move will finish his career. He's looked piss poor at the Euro's and I can't see him being any different in the Premier League.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #25860: Jun 30, 2016 06:37:07 pm
      So is this how the rest of you see our squad (present roster and needs) for the coming season?

GK: Karius, Mignolet, Ward
      RB: Clyne, Flanagan, Randall
      CB: Lovren, Sakho?,???,  Lucas
      CB: Matip, Sakho?, Gomez, Ilori
      LB: ?????, Moreno, Smith

CM: Can, Henderson, Stewart
      CM: ?????, Milner, Brannagan, Chirivella
      ACM: ????, Firminho, Grujic

RF: Mane, Lallana, Ibe
      CF: Sturridge, Origi, Ings, Benteke
      LF: Coutinho, Ojo, Markovic

Obviously some of these guys are interchangeable, and of course Milner can play almost anywhere, but is this what you all are expecting? Are we still looking to bring in 2, 3 or 4?
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2016 08:26:41 pm by Robby The Z »
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #25861: Jun 30, 2016 07:38:54 pm
      So is this how the rest of you see our squad (present roster and needs) for the coming season?

Obviously some of these guys are interchangeable, and of course Milner can play almost anywhere, but is this what you all are expecting? Are we still looking to bring in 2, 3 or 4?

We need a LB and a CM or two depending on the sale of Allen and Lucas. It's clear Hendo is not good enough.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25862: Jun 30, 2016 07:49:27 pm
      It's clear Hendo is not good enough

I betcha that Hendo is a starting XI player next season and it will be the managers choice. :)

Just my opinion of course but I think a healthy hendo is exactly the type of player that Jürgen likes; big, strong, good motor and  never quits.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #25863: Jun 30, 2016 08:12:58 pm
      I betcha that Hendo is a starting XI player next season and it will be the managers choice. :)

Just my opinion of course but I think a healthy hendo is exactly the type of player that Jürgen likes; big, strong, good motor and  never quits.

Not sure where you get big or strong? Also Jürgen probably likes midfielders that don't turn the ball over very much. Hopefully a healthy Henderson will be much better than the version we had this year which wasn't anywhere near a good enough player.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #25864: Jun 30, 2016 08:16:57 pm

I doubt Grujic will play at ACM. I hope we will sign LB who can defend properly. This is priority at the moment IMO, unless Klopp wants Gomez to play that position.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25865: Jun 30, 2016 08:22:29 pm

Firmino is the leading AM IMO. We won't be bringing in anybody better than him.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #25866: Jun 30, 2016 08:28:03 pm

OK. I love him going forward but worry we are sometimes too lightweight in the middle. I suspect you are right, however.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #25867: Jun 30, 2016 08:43:20 pm

Know what? Whether that's right or wrong I think what we are all guilty of sometimes is having tunnel vision of who is and who isn't coming in. Yep, we need a few but I think this time around it may be worth helping our own mindsets by being excited by the likes of Firmino coming into his 2nd season. Will Cou improve on last season? Lallana when healthy competition comes. Hendo be as bad? Sturridge stays fit? Origi builds on the arse end of last season? Ings? Can with an extra year of experience under his belt? New goalie?

Trying to look positively. Midfield the big one for me.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #25868: Jun 30, 2016 09:05:09 pm
      Know what? Whether that's right or wrong I think what we are all guilty of sometimes is having tunnel vision of who is and who isn't coming in. Yep, we need a few but I think this time around it may be worth helping our own mindsets by being excited by the likes of Firmino coming into his 2nd season. Will Cou improve on last season? Lallana when healthy competition comes. Hendo be as bad? Sturridge stays fit? Origi builds on the arse end of last season? Ings? Can with an extra year of experience under his belt? New goalie?

Trying to look positively. Midfield the big one for me.

Yeah midfield is were I would like us to splash the cash too mate.

How we would line up if game was today?

Karius ?

Clyne
      Lovren
      Matip ?
      Moreno?

Henderson ?
      Can

Firmino
      Coutinho
      Mane

Sturridge ?

The question marks indicate where I am a little worried or would like to strengthen.

Hopefully Karius will prove good enough, but he's very young (for a first choice goalkeeper)

Not sure of Matip or Sakho come to that, but hopefully one of them will prove good enough.

Moreno I am sure of... we need better.  Maybe him and Gomez can do a job between them?

Henderson is another that I think struggles in a two, Grujac may eventually prove the answer but I would really like a top quality player that can control a game.

Sturridge, great if he can stay fit, my worry is if he can't. Origi is a good option but can't see him or Ings getting 20+ goals.

A way to go yet till end of August, but we still need a bit more quality if we are to win/challenge for the title imo.

alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #25869: Jun 30, 2016 11:36:29 pm

I fear the same, but Hendo is simply not good enough. Not that he is not talented, but he does not have the character of a leader. Lucas and Allen are less skilled but know how to boss a midfield. Hendo never did that here.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #25870: Jul 01, 2016 05:53:00 am
      I fear the same, but Hendo is simply not good enough. Not that he is not talented, but he does not have the character of a leader. Lucas and Allen are less skilled but know how to boss a midfield. Hendo never did that here.

hang on, when did Allen ever "boss a midfield?" which match day of which season? there's no need to rewrite history. Henderson is a good player who has had too much time away from the pitch. even playing with injections he was more than serviceable.

Henderson wont be "starting XI" next season, such a thing doesn't even exist, only three or four players are nailed on starters.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #25871: Jul 01, 2016 09:45:42 am
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #25872: Jul 01, 2016 10:18:51 am

Hopefully that means the Chinese will turn their attentions to Mad Mario.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25873: Jul 01, 2016 10:20:50 am
      Watford should have snapped their hands off. As if they could get £68m for Ighalo and Deeney! Ighalo had a terrible 2nd half to the season, he only scored 2 goals from January onwards.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #25874: Jul 01, 2016 10:27:44 am

Am I the only fan feeling we are going to be left behind this season? I feel the more this transfer window is going to unfold the more disappointed I'm going to be.

The spending power of the teams around us has increased dramatically and what were once "mid table teams" I feel is going to become a scrap for the top 8 places never mind top 4.

Chelsea, City and United are all going to strengthen significantly this window with proven world class players and we're pinning a lot of pressure and hope onto Klopps shoulders. I trust him completely as a manager but I really don't see how we're going to challenge the way we used to with the squad we have at the minute.

Our midfield looks bang average at present. Our 3 best players are all very inconsistent too.

Feel free to shoot my negativity down, sometimes I look at the squad and think "yeah that's alright!" but today, not so much!

Quick Reply