Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4319283 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #27853: Jan 13, 2017 09:11:09 am

Nice profits for the Americans 😞
      Kopite78
      Reply #27854: Jan 13, 2017 09:26:22 am
      All players are available mate, we just wont pay a bit over the odds thats all. If Brandt is a target what diff does it make this window or the Summer apart from paying extra!

The gamble is a thin squad and 1-2 injuries or drop in form and we risk missing out on Top 4.

With Jurgens heavy metal football I think we need a couple of reinforcements.

Oh I know we need reinforcements

This, all players are available is a bit of a misnomer though, we seriously don't know if Leverkusen or Dortmund have literally said no not this window..
      Then we say over pay, but what if the only figure they would start to consider is double? The club won't want to be seen as pushovers as it then cascades to all other potential deals, when we go for the next target in the summer... They think
      Hold out, tell Liverpool he's not for sale at any cost and those mugs will pay double

Look I've been critical of the owners, long term and still am but I've also been critical of our spending over recent years even before these lot, if we overpay we always over pay, then we sell players at cut rates.. It no way to run a club

We don't honestly know what Dortmund and Leverkusen have said, but the ramifications of paying whatever is a slippery slope to always doing so or never getting players for what their true market value is

I want a couple of new faces, but I'm not going to work myself up over what I don't know fully.

It's two weeks into this window, have their been any major deals in this window? Throughout Europe? Over here it's only been Everton buying a Utd reject at over the odds price wise

If the targets Klopp wants aren't available at a reasonable amount over the asking price should we push it? I'm not sure we want to be known as an easy touch
      If the targets Klopp wants should we then settle for 4th choices? Defo not, we've done enough of that over recent times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #27855: Jan 13, 2017 10:38:17 am
      Oh I know we need reinforcements

This, all players are available is a bit of a misnomer though, we seriously don't know if Leverkusen or Dortmund have literally said no not this window..
      Then we say over pay, but what if the only figure they would start to consider is double? The club won't want to be seen as pushovers as it then cascades to all other potential deals, when we go for the next target in the summer... They think
      Hold out, tell Liverpool he's not for sale at any cost and those mugs will pay double

Look I've been critical of the owners, long term and still am but I've also been critical of our spending over recent years even before these lot, if we overpay we always over pay, then we sell players at cut rates.. It no way to run a club

We don't honestly know what Dortmund and Leverkusen have said, but the ramifications of paying whatever is a slippery slope to always doing so or never getting players for what their true market value is

I want a couple of new faces, but I'm not going to work myself up over what I don't know fully.

It's two weeks into this window, have their been any major deals in this window? Throughout Europe? Over here it's only been Everton buying a Utd reject at over the odds price wise

If the targets Klopp wants aren't available at a reasonable amount over the asking price should we push it? I'm not sure we want to be known as an easy touch
      If the targets Klopp wants should we then settle for 4th choices? Defo not, we've done enough of that over recent times

Paying slightly over the odds now or missing out on Top 6? That is the implications

Our First 11 is good enough to compete with any team in the league but minus a couple of starters we are a 5,6 or even 7th team.

We spent virtually f**k all last season after getting rid of the dead wood, we knew Mane would be leaving for the AFCON so to not at least have cover all ready arranged for him is either mis-management of a lack of funds to prise players away from Teams.

Last season we were after Zielinski and apparently Dahoud before settling on Gini, why did we not buy at least two of them?
      Chelsea seem to keep expensive players happy sitting on the bench! and the two mentioned would not even be expensive.

Look I get JĂźrgen believes in coaching rather than the tranfer market, and he should be applauded, but imo you need to do a bit of both.

Kopite78
      Reply #27856: Jan 13, 2017 10:46:08 am
      Paying slightly over the odds now or missing out on Top 6? That is the implications

Our First 11 is good enough to compete with any team in the league but minus a couple of starters we are a 5,6 or even 7th team.

We spent virtually f**k all last season after getting rid of the dead wood, we knew Mane would be leaving for the AFCON so not to at least have cover all ready arranged for him is either mis management of a lack of funds to prise players away from Teams.

Last season we were after Zielinski and apparently Dahoud before settling on Gini, why did we not buy at least two of them?
      Chelsea seem to keep expensive players happy sitting on the bench! and the two mentioned would not even be expensive.

Look I get JĂźrgen believes in coaching rather than the tranfer market, and he should be applauded, but imo you need to do a bit of both.

I'm not disagreeing buddy

What I'm saying is we dont know if it's slightly overpaying or if the prices quoted are ridiculous

We simply don't know

But I'm sure for example that if Brandt was valued at say 20m and we could get it over the line for 25 we would do it... however if they wont budge from 40? Still pay it?  I'm not sure because through agents our willingness to throw money over the asking price would hurt us in future windows

We simply don't know what's happening behind the scenes, but I'm sure that Klopp must know the situation with the quality around him in the league and the competitiveness of it that if he could bring a target in now it would only benefit going forward.  He's shown he will spend, we spent what 32-36 on Mane and 25 on Gini this summer. If he could get a target he wants this window I'm sure he would push it

We basically had nil net spend this summer so money will be there but we honestly don't know if targets are available
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27857: Jan 13, 2017 11:01:26 am

No issues with me if the club makes a profit. Quite a few of the other big teams make a profit, how is it an issue? It's just another pathetic stick to beat the owners with. They've made funds available but Klopp doesn't want to use it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #27858: Jan 13, 2017 11:51:01 am
      So we will likely sell 3 players this window in Tiago, Sakho and Lucas.

And not sign anyone??

This is potentially top 4 suicide.

There will be outrage if we don't finish top 4 this season and rightly so.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27859: Jan 13, 2017 12:12:08 pm
      Nice profits for the Americans 😞

Look at the accounts.
      They set most of that profit aside to use against future losses.
      In other words, a tax ploy.

I'm not particularly happy about it, but with KPMG in charge of accounting, this is going to happen.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27860: Jan 13, 2017 12:12:18 pm

And not sign anyone??

Only one of those has featured in the first team squad this season and he doesn't look to be going anywhere as of right now.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #27861: Jan 13, 2017 12:28:23 pm
      Only one of those has featured in the first team squad this season and he doesn't look to be going anywhere as of right now.

I agree mate but either way our squad is already pretty thin.

If we are seen to be selling players in January and not reinforcing a thin squad to compete for the title/top 4 it won't sit well with the fans.

If there are absolutely no players available this month that can improve the squad then there isn't much we can do.

But if a quality player is available and we are not making a strong effort to buy then there is no excuse.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #27862: Jan 13, 2017 12:31:17 pm
      It's about aspiration really isn't it? I don't think anybody would deny that as things stand we have a chance of winning the league, we can argue all day about how big the chance is, but that there is a chance cannot be denied. I've read on here that Klopp "won't gamble with signings" bit in reality it's surely a huge gamble to go into the second half of the season with our current squad. We haven't even had pivotal injuries yet IMHO, just imagine if Clyne or Milner got a long termer? As it is, those two have to play EVERY GAME where we intend to field a strong team, and there are various other spots in the squad where we continue to prove we cannot afford to be without our first choice.

We have the money, but do we have the will. That is the question.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #27863: Jan 13, 2017 01:19:29 pm

And not sign anyone??

Lucas not leaving.

Sakho is now taking up a space in the u23's, which a space a young lad should be in.

Tiago has had his chance, not been near 1st team, the lad needs a club where he can play regular.

And Gomez is back fit, he is like a new signing. We have 4 decent CB's of varying experience, Matip & Lovren 1st choice, then Klaven & Gomez as backup. Its ok, could be better, but probably not Improved upon in this window.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #27864: Jan 13, 2017 01:20:10 pm
      ps. Its all If's and But's , the quality is not usually available in this window.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27865: Jan 13, 2017 01:20:39 pm
      Can everyone clear there mind of everything for a minute. Blank out every argument you have for or against making signings. Theres people having a go at owners, theres people talking about top 6!!! Forget all of that and focus on this one sole thing...

we are 5 points of the top, we are deep in the title race. That's all

Now hand on heart ask yourself 2 things. a) is the current squad good enough to push on and win that title with 18 games to cup plus x amount of cup  B) Would you honestly be happy at the end of the season to be 4th 5th or 6th from the position were in now?

Why be happy to say we had a good season we improved we can go on and win it next year? We can win it this year people if we go after the 2 or 3 players needed. They don't have to be world class just good enough to replicate what our current best 11 can do.

My opinion is no signings this window will be disastrous.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #27866: Jan 13, 2017 01:28:42 pm
      Can everyone clear there mind of everything for a minute. Blank out every argument you have for or against making signings. Theres people having a go at owners, theres people talking about top 6!!! Forget all of that and focus on this one sole thing...

we are 5 points of the top, we are deep in the title race. That's all

Now hand on heart ask yourself 2 things. a) is the current squad good enough to push on and win that title with 18 games to cup plus x amount of cup  B) Would you honestly be happy at the end of the season to be 4th 5th or 6th from the position were in now?

Why be happy to say we had a good season we improved we can go on and win it next year? We can win it this year people if we go after the 2 or 3 players needed. They don't have to be world class just good enough to replicate what our current best 11 can do.

My opinion is no signings this window will be disastrous.

Agree with you Brian. But I don't see the players available, unless were the one tapping up Payet at West Ham. ;D

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27867: Jan 13, 2017 01:30:49 pm
      Agree with you Brian. But I don't see the players available, unless were the one tapping up Payet at West Ham. ;D

Theres always players available. Like I said they don't have to be the biggest names or the brightest young stars just players who can come in and when needed to cover injury or suspension or tiredness fit the system.

Regarding your comment about tapping up, I wish mate, were far too soft for that 
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #27868: Jan 13, 2017 05:16:40 pm
      Posted this in the Klopp thread though I suppose it could go in here just as well.

I am OK with overpaying...but for the type of player the gaffer want's and the names we are looking at in the Summer I could see how some clubs would not want to sell even if we "overpaid"

No different if Barca came in and offered ÂŁ100 million for Coutinho...I would not want to sell with us challenging no matter how much they offered.

One thing I don't want us to do is to go and get a player that is not good enough just for the sake of being a bench filler...rather use the kids then just buying sh*te.

Article out of TIA....long in stretches but not a bad read.

Winter transfer window: Why Jürgen Klopp isn’t keen and fans shouldn’t expect arrivals

We’d all like a signing or two this month, but Jürgen Klopp has repeatedly said it’s not a good time to buy. Chris Williams takes a look at why.

January tends to bring the worst out of supporters at all clubs. Many pine for that elusive ÂŁ40 million signing that will ether guarantee European football, or sustain a credible title challenge.

Liverpool fans seem no different from the rest, yet occasionally their mind-set couldn’t be further from the truth. At times fuelled by tin-hat conspiracy theories of foreign owners and buoyed by hours of Football Manager, there is an opinion that football transfers are ever so easy.

The reality couldn’t be further from the truth. The January transfer window is a notoriously difficult one to navigate. Managerss don’t seem to like it and neither do players – even if there are always exceptions to the rule.

Many Liverpool fans will remember the departure of Fernando Torres to Chelsea in the January of 2011, whilst the record books will show that Torres left for ÂŁ50m the transfer itself was far from routine.

Torres was in a slump, a genuine decline; he was a shadow of his former 2008 to 2010 self. The offer from Chelsea was one that could not be turned down, especially when the player himself had mentally left the club due to the broken promises of previous regimes. He wanted instant silverware and Chelsea offered him that chance rather than a rebuild with Liverpool.

Daniel Sturridge, Philippe Coutinho and Luis Suarez are three more bucks to the January trend, and become the go-to names for supporters who try to argue that the January window is one for immediate purchase.

Sturridge was surplus to requirement at Chelsea, farmed out on loan and not given a chance to impress with the first team, it was Brendan Rodgers who took the chance to try and revitalise his fortunes.

Many across football will question why Inter Milan let Coutinho leave when they did – leaving for £8.5m in the January transfer window now looks a mistake to all who watch him play.

Luis Suarez, arguably one of the most talented players to ever wear the Liverpool red, was not without his problems. Suarez was ineligible to play for Ajax when Liverpool signed him in 2011. The then Ajax captain was serving a suspension, for biting, which would have seen him out until February of the same year. It wasn’t the first time the Uruguayan had found himself in trouble with the Dutch FA and the offer of £22m from Liverpool was one Ajax couldn’t turn down.

Had all the aforementioned players been at the very top of their game; devoid of problems on and off the field, there is little doubt their clubs would have been reluctant to sell – or the players be willing to move.

Can you imagine the Daniel Sturridge of 2013, and the form he was in, leaving Chelsea for a pittance had he stayed with them? A sublime Torres full of hunger, in a team challenging for the title, opting to leave for Chelsea in the January of 2012? A composed and happy Suarez, like the one now at Barcelona, leaving perennial Champions of Holland, Ajax, mid title charge?

The cold reality is that players who are in form and happy at their respective clubs are loathed to leave in the mid-winter with the clubs who own them even more less inclined to see their stars leave at the halfway point. If you want true quality, one that will bring players in who make a difference – the January window is rarely the one that sparks movement.

January 2017, although not even 50 per cent of the way through, already has many Liverpool fans crying into a pot of hysteria. Not content with second place in the Premier League and a domestic cup semi-final they crave often impossible additions.

Quincy Promes and Julian Brandt are this year’s Marco Reus and Yevhen Konoplyanka. Both the latter were heavily linked to Liverpool in January’s gone by.

Reus – linked by parts of the national media who know that LFC “news” drives sales and web clicks; Konoplyanka linked by a genuine interest that saw Ian Ayre travel to the Ukraine.

In short Reus was not interested in any move to Liverpool. Flying high in both the Champions League and in the Bundesliga with Borussia Dortmund, no offer from Liverpool (or any other club) could have made him move that January, or any subsequent window.

Konoplyanka had a buyout clause that was met by Liverpool but the Dnipro owner, Ihor Kolomoyskyi, didn’t want to lose the player so simply ignored the clause – deliberately actioning the paperwork too late for Liverpool to sign him.

Unfortunately for Liverpool the self-confessed ‘best league in the world’, the Premier League, is not the centre of world football, no matter what top class advertising may argue to differ.

If a player isn’t interested he won’t come, if a team do not want to sell, they will not sell. Liverpool’s stubbornness to allow Suarez to join Arsenal should remind even the most reality blind supporters that not for sale means – not for sale.

If recent reports are to be believed, Liverpool have walked away from negotiations to sign Spartak Moscow’s Quincy Promes. This has led to many comments across different social-media platforms that Liverpool are unable to negotiate or close deals.

Manuel Veth; editor for Futbolgrad.com with a PhD in ‘Football’s transition from Communism to Capitalism in the Soviet Union and its Successor States’ explains why this is not the case:

“Spartak are currently five points ahead of Zenit Saint Petersburg, and eight points ahead of CSKA Moscow – with only 13 games to go it is therefore safe to say that the league is theirs to lose. Despite enormous investments Spartak have not won a league title since 2001, an eternity for a team that virtually dominated the Russian Top League in the 1990s – winning nine out of the first 10 titles after the fall of the Soviet Union.”

anuel goes on to explain:

“Lukoil’s sponsorship deal with Spartak make them exceptionally rich – hence they don’t need money from a potential Quincy Promes transfer – at the same time Spartak are a hugely popular club. Russia’s largest private oil company tycoon, Leonid Fedun, owns the club – he’s reportedly worth $5.4 billion. Even with the current problems in the Russian economy, Lukoil has an annual income of $7.8 billion.”

His final comment, though, is potentially the most telling “Spartak will do anything in their power to secure the title.”

Add into this that Promes currently only pays 13% tax in Russia, players are considered Artists and therefore pay a reduced rate. With the UK tax system Liverpool would have to offer Promes somewhere in the region of £112k to £115k a week to match his reported close to €5m per year salary after tax. If indeed Liverpool did walk away from a deal the underlying reasons are ones that can be understood.

Julian Brandt is another name that has sunk a number of Liverpool fan’s hearts during the past 48 hours. With many calling for the club to simply “throw money at Leverkusen to make them sell”. If only real-life was as easy as a computer game – See above!

Brandt said, in an interview this week with German publication Bild, that he was “exceptionally happy at Leverkusen” even commenting he would turn down a move from Bayern Munich should it be forthcoming.

Liverpool are forced to queue and wait, along with Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund who will try and tempt the winger away from Bayer Leverkusen in the Summer. No amount of ‘throwing money at him’ could make him leave midwinter.

Then we come to, arguably, the most important factor – The manager. Klopp is no fan of the winter window; in fact, he comes from a nation that in general is no fan of the January transfer market.

Manuel Veth – also an expert on the Bundesliga with fussballstadt.com and Bundesliga.com explains why:

“It is to do with planning really. Bundesliga teams only go into the winter transfer market when things have gone horribly wrong in the first half of the season, or when the squad is decimated by injuries – like is the case at Schalke 04 currently”.

Occasionally though, like in England, big moves do happen in Germany during the winter break. “Sometimes teams might purchase a guy in the winter, because a dream player becomes available, someone who was on the list for the summer suddenly becomes available – Marco Fabian at Eintracht Frankfurt was a good example of this.

“German managers, on the whole, feel that many players available in the winter window are so for negative reasons – they didn’t play consistently at the previous club or had injury problems” a carbon copy of why Daniel Sturridge was made available by Chelsea in January 2012.

“German managers’ don’t like the risk involved with integrating a player during the short-term winter break of the Bundesliga,” explains Manuel, before finishing with maybe the biggest key point in Klopp’s current thinking: “This is made worse in England by the fact that there is no winter break.”

Liverpool fans across the globe welcomed the managerial appointment of Klopp but now look to question his methods during the January window. It is evident that Klopp works to his particular style – decisions are made by him according to his principles.

There have been instances in the recent past where Liverpool’s weakness in the market has been highlighted – Tottenham’s capture of Christian Eriksen in the summer of 2013 a fine example of poor negotiation.

However, so far, during January it seems Liverpool is very much on Klopp’s path and that fans should embrace the way the manager, they so desperately wanted, approaches his business in rebuilding Liverpool to a powerhouse of English and European football.

It looks likely that January will be a barren month in terms of comings and goings at Anfield. Liverpool will not be alone in that statistic this winter. Eyes cast across the City at neighbours Everton, currently rebuilding in January, should remember that their squad is seriously deficient in quality – hence their aspiration and desire to rebuild now.

Klopp has a plan for Liverpool so it should be the summer, and negotiations leading up to the summer, where conclusions made about the ability of those in the higher echelons of the Club are drawn, not January 2017.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/01/winter-transfer-window-JĂźrgen-klopp-isnt-keen-fans-shouldnt-expect-arrivals/

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27869: Jan 13, 2017 05:56:47 pm
      I agree mate but either way our squad is already pretty thin.

If we are seen to be selling players in January and not reinforcing a thin squad to compete for the title/top 4 it won't sit well with the fans.

If there are absolutely no players available this month that can improve the squad then there isn't much we can do.

But if a quality player is available and we are not making a strong effort to buy then there is no excuse.

I definitely agree with you about our squad being thin. I genuinely thought we'd attack the window and bring in a centre back and/or another attacker.

Could it be that Klopp wants specific players, they're not being available in January but believes they could be available in the summer? 
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #27870: Jan 13, 2017 09:32:10 pm
      Probably gonna get shot down for this 🙄 The fella I've been watching tonight plays for Leeds? Roofe his name is an attacking midfielder? 24 yo looks a damn good player to me and plays in jurgens style,i.e. a pressing game. Worth a punt? Waiting for all the "he's not a premier league/20 million pounds player tho"!!!!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #27871: Jan 13, 2017 09:39:50 pm
      Probably gonna get shot down for this 🙄 The fella I've been watching tonight plays for Leeds? Roofe his name is an attacking midfielder? 24 yo looks a damn good player to me and plays in jurgens style,i.e. a pressing game. Worth a punt? Waiting for all the "he's not a premier league/20 million pounds player tho"!!!!

Watching the same game and also thought he looks pretty good.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #27872: Jan 13, 2017 10:07:32 pm
      Waiting for all the "he's not a premier league/20 million pounds player tho"!!!!

Maybe not, but they will probably ask for 20m+
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27873: Jan 14, 2017 08:51:01 am
      But if they [Pulisic, Brandt & Draxler] aren't available why do you want him to do? He's not gambling, with the sounds of things they've tried to bring targets in but they aren't available.
      I see what you're saying Jon and if JĂźrgen Klopp can't coax them away; who can?  :confused-smiley-013:

(Apart from Unai Emery with Draxler, of course).  :D

Not a dig at you btw buddy but Draxler's move to PSG disproves some of the myths surrounding the January window. I digress...

Gamble would be bringing in a 4th or 5th choice make do as we've done a lot in the past
      I guess, by that, you're suggesting (but you can correct me if I'm wrong) that Draxler, Pulisic & Brandt were 1st, 2nd & 3rd 'choice' then, if not in that order but...

Surely then, if we don't sign either Pulisic or Brandt in the Summer [assuming that you are right and they aren't available now] then, by default; whoever we end up signing will indeed be 4th or 5th choice? And...

But what if the price difference for the target is 100% different in winter and summer windows? Should the club look like an easy touch to selling clubs?

Clubs don't go to other clubs asking prices,  all that knowledge is gleamed from the agents and middle men

The same agents and middle men who would then negotiate using us if we overpaid by ridiculous amounts in a winter window to boost his own fee and get selling clubs more because we are deemed an easy touch

It's ok it Liverpool, they'll pay anything so tell you what if I get an extra 10m from them for the player you give me 40% of that

I don't mean to be busting your chops here Jon but I'm honestly confused by what you're saying (my napper hasn't been quite the same since the stroke) and I find it genuinely interesting but - am I wrong here?

* If it really is the agents and middlemen who set the guideline on price (presumably down in a big part to personal greed) then really it's them who won't want to be dealing with Liverpool [JĂźrgen] and not the selling clubs? I mean: why would any agent ever want to deal with Liverpool if other clubs want his player? Should the club [or JĂźrgen if you prefer] continue to take a unilateral stance and never play their game of course.

* Surely then, if that unilateral stance remains the case; logic dictates that we [JĂźrgen or whoever] are never going to end up buying the Draxlers, Brandts and Pulisics of this world and will always have to settle for 'next best'?  And...

* Surely, come May (when more clubs are obviously going to be in the hunt) the same agents will have even more clubs to pick from and overtures from Liverpool [JĂźrgen] become even easier to ignore. Remember the names of all those previous 'January links' who we were promised would "be cheaper in the Summer"? Where are they now? Exactly.  :laugh:

One last thought - I, honestly, believe that you may be onto something Jon, in that (where all things are equal) agents and middlemen do not want to deal with us because we won't pay the going rate to secure the sig but... I'm still not sold on, what I see as, the weird notion that this is really down to JĂźrgen; that it was him who put that policy in place.

My brain hurts  :dunce2:  :laugh: - take care and I'll catch you later mate.  8)

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2017 10:05:23 am by bad boy bubby »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27874: Jan 14, 2017 12:45:32 pm
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/820234874984529920

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/820235253671411712

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/820235344339750912

I seriously don't understand that second tweet because we've had some big injuries & absences and our bench has looked shockingly bad at times. If there were more names on the list then I'd have thought we'd still be making enquiries and offers. The fact that we're not kind of tells me that Pulisic and/or Brandt will be targeted again in the summer.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #27875: Jan 14, 2017 02:32:31 pm
      Was reading some sh*te today about Payet. Assume there is nothing behind it?

Quick Reply