Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4262951 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #27876: Jan 14, 2017 02:34:04 pm
      Was reading some sh*te today about Payet. Assume there is nothing behind it?

I hope not.

I like him as a player, but his attitude to West Ham has been nothing short of awful.
      Kopite78
      Reply #27877: Jan 14, 2017 05:36:06 pm
      I see what you're saying Jon and if Jürgen Klopp can't coax them away; who can?  :confused-smiley-013:

(Apart from Unai Emery with Draxler, of course).  :D

I don't think it's anything to do with who is trying to coax whom personally mouse, I'm sure Klopp get most players around a table/on the phone he can sell his vision but I'd guess there are dozens of other managers who can do the same

On Draxler? Don't think we were ever in for him  :-\ we were linked in the press literally a couple of days before he went to PSG (probably leaked by his agent to push trough the PSG move) I heard a couple of trusted Liverpool journos saying Jürgen wasn't interested in him

Moot point Draxler really

Not a dig at you btw buddy but Draxler's move to PSG disproves some of the myths surrounding the January window. I digress...

No not really buddy, like anything if there is a willingness to sell then it can happen at any time like with anything in life really, by the sounds of things Draxler was available simple as that rather than a player a club didn't want to leave and then the hard work starts in convincing the selling club... if they want to sell or are willing you're half way there

Like with most of our January signings in the past few years

Suarez. Willingness to sell by Ajax, due to the ban for biting etc.. Luis said himself he wanted to stay and captain them to the league and them move on the summer but he was told that he should look to move January. He even went back and was given a league winners medal because of the minimum apparences was reaches even though he said it felt slightly hollow

Sturridge. Not wanted at Chelsea

Coutinho. Hadn't settles at Inter

You could argue that the only one we pushed we overpaid for and didn't work.. Carroll

I guess, by that, you're suggesting (but you can correct me if I'm wrong) that Draxler, Pulisic & Brandt were 1st, 2nd & 3rd 'choice' then, if not in that order but...

Surely then, if we don't sign either Pulisic or Brandt in the Summer [assuming that you are right and they aren't available now] then, by default; whoever we end up signing will indeed be 4th or 5th choice?

As I said I don't think we were ever interested in Draxler

However I believe that Pulisic and Brandt are both Jürgen's first choices, and that there is a high possibility he would take both not either/or

If we don't sign them in the summer then you could make that argument yes, but football like life isn't linear and is a moveable beast.. However I think he will want to give himself every chance with them and then reassess if they fail

Here we are on the assuming they aren't available now....
      I guess they would be available bur we are back to that willingness to sell Rather than available. .. Draxler I believe was available, Brandt/Pulisic there isn't a willingness to sell

From a sellers point of view the reason January isn't a great window is that if the willingness isn't there its a short window to replace them, it could derail your season, you may not be able to replace them with a suitable target, so for market value is it worth digging your heels in unless you get a ridiculous offer?
      Would Leverkusen sell one of their most effective players mid season when they may not be able to replace suitably and risk f**king their season up? Or would they rather keep him until the summer when Tey are fully aware of where they are and how they can replace with time to do it?

Say we sign Brandt... Leverkusen then panic with a replacement... a replacement that may not be available or who they have to over pay for, then the club they buy from need to do the same. . All in a shortened winter window...

It's difficult unless there's willingness to sell as you don't want them or they aren't integral to how you're doing. Buying teams better players as we should target as they could improve us isn't easy and especially so in this window

I don't mean to be busting your chops here Jon but I'm honestly confused by what you're saying (my napper hasn't been quite the same since the stroke) and I find it genuinely interesting but - am I wrong here?

* If it really is the agents and middlemen who set the guideline on price (presumably down in a big part to personal greed) then really it's them who won't want to be dealing with Liverpool [Jürgen] and not the selling clubs? I mean: why would any agent ever want to deal with Liverpool if other clubs want his player? Should the club [or Jürgen if you prefer] continue to take a unilateral stance and never play their game of course.

Not what I'm saying mate

What I'm saying is that I would highly doubt that a club (Jürgen) would go to a selling club and ask for availability or price of a target

The club is more likely to speak to a players agent ( as that agent likely has other clients at the club ) to ask them...
      More often than not nowadays a price is written in a contract,  or within constant agent/club conversations agents know their clients current worth to his current club, so a potential buying club would approach an agent to find out

For example

We want Brandt

Klopp likely knows his agent,  he asks about if there is a buy out clause (like with Karius) or if not what the club would entertain. If the agent (for want of a price) says yeah you should get him for 20-25m
      So Jürgen sanctions a January bid of 18m (with wriggle room to sort a deal) but Leverkusen because of the shortened window, lack of time to replace, potential to derail their season and the key, unwillingness to sell cone back and state 45m
      Do we pay that?
      If we do what are the ramifications? 
      That agent knows we will pay whatever and can use that to his advantage in the future, potential budget and FFP issues

But we know that in the summer he will be available for 20-25?

All comes down to willingness to sell not if they are available

* Surely then, if that unilateral stance remains the case; logic dictates that we [Jürgen or whoever] are never going to end up buying the Draxlers, Brandts and Pulisics of this world and will always have to settle for 'next best'?  And...

* Surely, come May (when more clubs are obviously going to be in the hunt) the same agents will have even more clubs to pick from and overtures from Liverpool [Jürgen] become even easier to ignore. Remember the names of all those previous 'January links' who we were promised would "be cheaper in the Summer"? Where are they now? Exactly.  :laugh:

I don't think it's a unilateral stance.. It's market forces

If you remember last January we signed a pre contract with Joel Matip

That was sorted with his agent (again Jürgen's knowledge and relationship with Matips agent ) and that was pre arranged for the summer window
      Deals can be put into place now for summer completion

But again it's not linear,  things change

I love our chats mouse. I really hope that life it getting back on track following your health scares buddy

fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #27878: Jan 14, 2017 07:57:37 pm
      I hope not.

I like him as a player, but his attitude to West Ham has been nothing short of awful.

I would take him in a heartbeat if that means Moreno won`t take another free kick or corner in a Liverpool shirt, as for the attitude Suarez did the same thing to Ajax and some extent Liverpool.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27879: Jan 14, 2017 08:33:02 pm
      Here we are on the assuming they aren't available now....
      I guess they would be available bur we are back to that willingness to sell Rather than available. .. Draxler I believe was available, Brandt/Pulisic there isn't a willingness to sell
      The myth I'm talking of is that there is no value nor quality to be had Jon. The set of circumstances which lead to that quality and value being available  are immaterial...

We may or may not be 'lucky' in that a player we want is available but quality and value are available mate. To that end (and that alone) it's an excuse which shouldn't be used (imo).

Brandt and Pulisic (for illustration purposes only ) may not be available at the price we want to pay Jon but they might go elsewhere for more. A bit like thon Alex Teixeira (Shakhtar) bloke or Willian; if that makes sense.

The point being; 'quality'  is always available but maybe not 'value'... or not what our money men define as value. [Me and you have been through all this who determines what' when it comes to value before buddy so I know I can leave that there].

Suffice to say - every player has his price. Suarez wasn't available, to Arsenal, at £40m + £1 but do you, hand on heart, believe that if their next offer was £80m that he wouldn't have been made available? That a 'willingness' to sell wouldn't have materialised?

I'm rambling but truth is: this whole there's always next season sh*te is wearing really thin.

Ignore me, my spirits will be lifted when we stuff the scum tomorrow. Later buddy. 😎
      Kopite78
      Reply #27880: Jan 14, 2017 09:06:39 pm
      The myth I'm talking of is that there is no value nor quality to be had Jon. The set of circumstances which lead to that quality and value being available  are immaterial...

We may or may not be 'lucky' in that a player we want is available but quality and value are available mate. To that end (and that alone) it's an excuse which shouldn't be used (imo).

But circumstances dictate all transfers mate

We are in a difficult boat as Liverpool football club nowadays with transfers

We needs top quality to improve us and to take us where we want to be, so we need the quality and can't really be constantly looking for value but we are overridden by the uber rich clubs or in recent times leagues like the Chinese who don't have to live within European football transfer rules who don't give two fucks about value. Plus we are owned (here's the crux we both believe) by investors who care more ultimately by the bottom line than the trophy room.

Brandt and Pulisic (for illustration purposes only ) may not be available at the price we want to pay Jon but they might go elsewhere for more. A bit like thon Alex Teixeira (Shakhtar) bloke or Willian; if that makes sense.

But the players have to play their part too no?
      Look Willian was one of those things, he ultimately had the choice between us Chelsea and Spurs... We can wonder all into the night but he had choices for a league and options to win wherever he looked

Texiera, we had an idea of value, a league who care very little about value blew that out of the water from both transfer value and wages.. We didn't want to match that? The line has to be drawn somewhere on the modern day monetary madness surely? But Texiera had he want to further his career rather than his bank balance could have told Shakhtar that he had little interest in China and held out for a move to us forcing Shakhto deal at a more market value

Suffice to say - every player has his price. Suarez wasn't available, to Arsenal, at £40m + £1 but do you, hand on heart, believe that if their next offer was £80m that he wouldn't have been made available? That a 'willingness' to sell wouldn't have materialised?

But that's my point? £40 was the apparent buy out clause (told to Arsenal by Suarez agent) so they triggered it.. He wasn't available but maybe there was a willingness to sell and if they had bid double that then that willingness may have been triggered... But it wasn't so he stayed
      £40m to £80m is double, as my example earlier, but do we, and did Arsenal want to pay that premium? no it seems. and does a 100% premium reflect value?

Look I agree to f**k I'm fed up of next season next season but the truth is money has ruined football and greed rules from the owners to the players...

We just have to suffer and get on with it.

It's just not as simple as it seems

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2017 09:26:52 pm by Kopite78 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,225 posts | 4419 
      Reply #27881: Jan 15, 2017 12:14:51 am
      Bayern have been heavily linked with Brandt so the argument we wait until the summer and go up against Bayern.............I think we know the outcome.

It is obvious German clubs don't like doing business in the winter window unless there is a big bid like Draxler.

The problem with trying to pick up a bargain is players like Brandt are hot property so are more likely to go to the Bayerns, Madrids, Barca etc
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27882: Jan 15, 2017 12:28:27 am
      Bayern have been heavily linked with Brandt so the argument we wait until the summer and go up against Bayern.............I think we know the outcome.

It is obvious German clubs don't like doing business in the winter window unless there is a big bid like Draxler.

The problem with trying to pick up a bargain is players like Brandt are hot property so are more likely to go to the Bayerns, Madrids, Barca etc

Brandt has made comments in the past few weeks though saying he's more than willing to turn Bayern down and sign a new contract at Leverkusen.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,225 posts | 4419 
      Reply #27883: Jan 15, 2017 12:35:08 am
      Brandt has made comments in the past few weeks though saying he's more than willing to turn Bayern down and sign a new contract at Leverkusen.

They all say that mate.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27884: Jan 15, 2017 12:35:10 am
      The Mirror running with the idea that we really want Fonte and are willing to do a straight swap for Sakho :lmao: A 26 year old for a 33 year old who has handed in a transfer request. Good luck with that one coming true! :D

verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,008 posts | 225 
      Reply #27885: Jan 15, 2017 03:06:09 am
      its in the Portuguese press as well

SOUTHAMPTON
      Liverpool propõe trocar Sakho por José Fonte
      00:23 - 15-01-2017
      A-  A  A+
      José Fonte é o defesa desejado por Jürgen Klopp para reforçar o sector mais recuado do Liverpool e, segundo o Mirror, pondera integrar Mamadou Sakho numa eventual proposta pelo internacional português.

A ano e meio de terminar contrato com o Southampton, José Fonte recusou várias abordagens para renovar e entregou, na semana passada, um pedido formal para deixar o clube nesta janela de inverno do mercado de transferências.

No último verão, depois de se sagrar campeão com Portugal no Europeu de França, José Fonte foi associado ao Manchester United, de José Mourinho.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,008 posts | 225 
      Reply #27886: Jan 15, 2017 03:07:20 am
      sh*t my translator did not work :mad:
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27887: Jan 15, 2017 10:20:07 am
      If there was one thing blaring obvious to me in the Southampton game was how we miss Mane...Sturridge made no difference to the team so do we continue Missing him or do we attempt to bring in a  back up in this window?... I believe that we should at least attempt to bring someone in... put in a bid for Wilfred Zara?... Someone that is willing and like to get at the back four and has a goal or two in them...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #27888: Jan 15, 2017 10:21:52 am
      Fonte plus £10 million for Sakho and everyone's happy.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27889: Jan 15, 2017 01:19:19 pm
      Fonte plus £10 million for Sakho and everyone's happy.

Nope, not for me thanks.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27890: Jan 15, 2017 01:55:11 pm
      I'm not arguing against the fact that Fonte was/is a good player but he's 33. If we're using Sakho as bait for anybody then offer up a bit of dosh and go for Van Dijk.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #27891: Jan 15, 2017 03:49:39 pm
      I'm not arguing against the fact that Fonte was/is a good player but he's 33. If we're using Sakho as bait for anybody then offer up a bit of dosh and go for Van Dijk.

Sakho plus £20 million might test them.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #27892: Jan 15, 2017 05:57:27 pm
      Sakho plus £20 million might test them.

no more southampton players please

we need to make forward strides now, not pigeon steps.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27893: Jan 15, 2017 06:48:00 pm

So avoid signing one of the best CB's in the league because he plays for them? Maybe we should send Clyne & Lallana back?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #27894: Jan 15, 2017 07:34:40 pm
      So avoid signing one of the best CB's in the league because he plays for them? Maybe we should send Clyne & Lallana back?

Long as we keep Lovren mate  ;).
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #27895: Jan 16, 2017 08:04:44 am
      We get a couple of agents and associates in the pub. Was talking with a lad last night who told me Van Dyjk is going to Chelsea, also that John Terry is talking to Bournemouth. Might be bollocks but he was adamant, there it is.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #27896: Jan 16, 2017 10:28:41 am
      Bojan told Stoke he wants to leave in this transfer window

Is he a player that'll run and work for the team as Klopp likes?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #27897: Jan 16, 2017 10:35:21 am
      Bojan told Stoke he wants to leave in this transfer window

Is he a player that'll run and work for the team as Klopp likes?

Nah.

Too injury prone.

A slightly better Borini.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #27898: Jan 16, 2017 10:40:13 am

You must be joking :roll:

Quick Reply