Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4243682 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #28267: Feb 26, 2017 07:40:55 pm
      Lanzini at West Ham looks to me like the sort of player who is just about to become really really special. Given we'll probably sell Phillipe Coutinho in the next 18 months or so we could do a lot worse. Also Aaron Cresswell is a very good left back.

All IMHO of course. 

Are Lanzini and Cresswell really the heights of our ambition?

How depressing.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,424 posts | 2836 
      Reply #28268: Feb 26, 2017 07:55:04 pm
      If it were up to me I'd chuck 40m at Lyon for Lacazette but I doubt FSG will be that keen as he'll probably ask for decent wages and there will probably be a fair bit of competition for him as well.

I'd quite like Kieran Tierney from Celtic. Might be a fair bit of competition though.

Was going to mention him as well, watched Celtic a couple of times this season and he's looked very good.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #28269: Feb 26, 2017 08:02:13 pm
      If it were up to me I'd chuck 40m at Lyon for Lacazette but I doubt FSG will be that keen as he'll probably ask for decent wages and there will probably be a fair bit of competition for him as well.

£40m, a decent wage, bidding war, three reasons why JWH&Co wouldn't allow Klopp to mention his name.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #28270: Feb 26, 2017 08:49:16 pm
      £40m, a decent wage, bidding war, three reasons why JWH&Co wouldn't allow Klopp to mention his name.

Lets just wait for Origi to come good and Ings to come back from injury. :oranje: :champ: :oranje:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28271: Feb 26, 2017 09:10:58 pm
      Lets just wait for Origi to come good and Ings to come back from injury. :oranje: :champ: :oranje:

Ings has to stay fit for a run of games before we make decisions of who not to sign because of him.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #28272: Feb 26, 2017 09:13:52 pm
      Liked the look of Gabbiadini in the League Cup final. Looks a player and Southampton are our feeder club 😎
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #28273: Feb 26, 2017 09:38:39 pm
      Probably won't press too much but he would easily be our top scorer and he's a good plan a and plan b. He is a recognised scorer

That's the point though.  Many on here believe Studge would be our top scorer if he played regularly.  However, he doesn't press, so he doesn't play....  Why would Ibra be any different?

I don't care how much money we do/don't spend on fees, wages, agent commissions, etc.  I just want the manager to have a reasonable budget to work with -- I think he does, but others are welcome to disagree.  My opinion is that it's really down to Klopp to use that money wisely and build a team capable of competing at the top of the table.  We're not far off now, and 3 of his 5 main signings last summer have been spectacular.  Another summer like last and we'll be in business. 
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #28274: Feb 26, 2017 09:42:44 pm
      That's the point though.  Many on here believe Studge would be our top scorer if he played regularly.  However, he doesn't press, so he doesn't play....  Why would Ibra be any different?

I don't care how much money we do/don't spend on fees, wages, agent commissions, etc.  I just want the manager to have a reasonable budget to work with -- I think he does, but others are welcome to disagree.  My opinion is that it's really down to Klopp to use that money wisely and build a team capable of competing at the top of the table.  We're not far off now, and 3 of his 5 main signings last summer have been spectacular .  Another summer like last and we'll be in business. 

Swear I'm going f****** senile, can't remember me own name these days. Who are the "spectacular" ones again Aitch?

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28275: Feb 26, 2017 09:50:22 pm
      Swear I'm going f****** senile, can't remember me own name these days. Who are the "spectacular" ones again Aitch?

Mane, Mane and Mane?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #28276: Feb 26, 2017 09:54:49 pm
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #28277: Feb 26, 2017 10:14:58 pm

Mane, Matip, Wijnaldum.  Some may argue over Gini, but I think he's been great for us all season.  3 more players of similar level this summer and I think we'll be genuine contenders. 
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #28278: Feb 26, 2017 10:23:08 pm
      Mane, Matip, Wijnaldum.  Some may argue over Gini, but I think he's been great for us all season.  3 more players of similar level this summer and I think we'll be genuine contenders. 

I'd argue over Matip AND Wijnaldum being "spectacular". Matip's being decent (although he's hardly solved our defensive woes) while Wijnaldum's been in and out. The fella from Leicester who went to Chelsea (name escapes me, little bloke) now he's been "spectacular", but Gini? Nah. Ibrhahimovic is looking like a "spectacular" signing, similarly Gabbiadini (although it's early days). I guess it depends on your definition of the word really.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #28279: Feb 26, 2017 10:23:31 pm

Bang on. Three superb signings who have added an extra dimension and aggression to our team. When all three start we rarely look out of place and very rarely concede chances. With a decent keeper in the sticks as opposed to someone like Mignolet and his appalling save to shot ratio, our goals conceded record would be vastly improved which would be a fairer representation of our stubborn work all over he field that made us one of the hardest teams to create chances against.

Add another three like that in the summer and we will be the dogs bollocks.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #28280: Feb 26, 2017 11:05:31 pm
      I'd argue over Matip AND Wijnaldum being "spectacular". Matip's being decent (although he's hardly solved our defensive woes) while Wijnaldum's been in and out. The fella from Leicester who went to Chelsea (name escapes me, little bloke) now he's been "spectacular", but Gini? Nah. Ibrhahimovic is looking like a "spectacular" signing, similarly Gabbiadini (although it's early days). I guess it depends on your definition of the word really.

Well, he does have the "future captain" playing next to him.... 

If I'm honest, there's only 2 or 3 better CB's in the league. 

And regarding Gini, he's got very similar stats to Pogba at 1/3 the price....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #28281: Feb 27, 2017 12:01:32 am

Klopp says he has final say, why does it matter what FSG think?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #28282: Feb 27, 2017 12:20:43 am
      Klopp says he has final say, why does it matter what FSG think?

7 years of mediocracy under FSG does suggest a connection, all of their appointed managers repeat the same lines verbatim as if it were small print in a contract.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #28283: Feb 27, 2017 12:22:16 am
      7 years of mediocracy under FSG does suggest a connection, all of their appointed managers repeat the same lines verbatim as if it were small print in a contract.

So you believe that Klopp is just a stooge? Was Kenny as well?
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #28284: Feb 27, 2017 01:09:17 am
      So you believe that Klopp is just a stooge? Was Kenny as well?

Not a dig at Klopp or the previous managers but don't forget that at the end of the day they are basically employees and will do what the employers tell them to do as long as they want to keep their job.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #28285: Feb 27, 2017 01:51:48 am
      Not a dig at Klopp or the previous managers but don't forget that at the end of the day they are basically employees and will do what the employers tell them to do as long as they want to keep their job.
      Really? I mean they gave Klopp an extension after what, less than a year? I think Klopp can pretty much do what he wants short of boning Linda.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28286: Feb 27, 2017 03:57:23 am
      Established striker eh? How about Lacazette ? He is a 20+ goal striker, 25 years old, quick and strong. Lyon chef has come out and pretty much said he's for sale.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #28287: Feb 27, 2017 05:19:44 am
      Established striker eh? How about Lacazette ? He is a 20+ goal striker, 25 years old, quick and strong. Lyon chef has come out and pretty much said he's for sale.

How about Lewandoski?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #28288: Feb 27, 2017 05:35:01 am

Unfortunately Utd, City, Chelsea will all buy players too, and will buy higher calibre players than we will.
      « Last Edit: Feb 27, 2017 12:47:04 pm by ORCHARD RED »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28289: Feb 27, 2017 06:45:24 am
      As soon as I see us linked with anyone, I know they are not coming to Liverpool.

Won't believe a F***ing word of it till I see them holding up a scarf outside Melwood.

Quick Reply