Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4319870 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #29072: Apr 25, 2017 05:16:59 pm
      With Henderson's injury record in the past 2 seasons and the possibility that Lucas leaves, I think we can do with another midfielder.

I think we can do with at least 2 new midfielders with what you have suggested plus Lallana is not the most robust.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #29073: Apr 25, 2017 06:04:57 pm
      I think we can do with at least 2 new midfielders with what you have suggested plus Lallana is not the most robust.

If we kept Lallana away from International duty we'd be fine...haven't most of his injuries (recent) come from those games?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29074: Apr 25, 2017 09:08:48 pm

Maybe we do need 1 or 2, but I'm still attached to Henderson and hope he can sort out his problems in the summer! I also do like Virtue too! I'm a sucker for youth and always want to see us give them game time :)

I seriously would be happy with, Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum, Lucas and Virtue for the 2 midfield spots and Lallana and Coutinho for the 3rd, especially if that would allow us to spend big on 4 established players (CB, LB, Wide player & Striker :D).
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #29075: Apr 25, 2017 09:09:45 pm
      Maybe we do need 1 or 2, but I'm still attached to Henderson and hope he can sort out his problems in the summer! I also do like Virtue too! I'm a sucker for youth and always want to see us give them game time :)

I seriously would be happy with, Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum, Lucas and Virtue for the 2 midfield spots and Lallana and Coutinho for the 3rd, especially if that would allow us to spend big on 4 established players (CB, LB, Wide player & Striker :D).

Don't forget Grujic in midfield...I  think next year will be his breakout year. 
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29076: Apr 25, 2017 09:14:47 pm

I forgot about him! He needs to hit the gym in the summer and have a  good pre season and for sure, he'd be in contention!
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #29077: Apr 25, 2017 09:23:27 pm

Cause this went well this year..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #29078: Apr 25, 2017 09:41:35 pm

Henderson assuming he stays fit and Can for the No6 role, Lucas should be no where near the starting line up, Matty Virtue is no where near the first team and Grujic is still a kid.
      Klopp seems to prefer Coutinho further forward so which leaves Lallana and Gini ( if Lallana is out none of the other 3 offer enough creativity).

If we get into CL we need serious upgrading in midfield not just numbers, in fact forget about CL we need additional quality either way.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #29079: Apr 25, 2017 09:50:01 pm
      LB, CB, CM and least 2 forwards.

That seem about right?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #29080: Apr 25, 2017 10:11:17 pm
      LB, CB, CM and least 2 forwards.

That seem about right?

Messages being put out are ;

Sessegnon
      VVD
      Keita
      Brandt
      Leaving a Striker?

Edit : I should have added we won't be getting these of course it's just the usual carrot they dangle in front of us every year!

« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2017 10:43:33 pm by HScRed1 »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29081: Apr 25, 2017 10:15:28 pm

Huge problem was defensively, and yeah, we did struggle to score vs defense teams due to lack of creativity in midfield and not having that striker, but switching things around with Coutinho and Lallana fighting for that #10 role, I reckon we could add some creativity from deeper, and If Hendo can fix himself up during the summer, we would have a regular #6.

But as mentioned by HScRed1, Klopp likes Coutinho further up the pitch, and if Lallana does miss games, more than likely a proper midfielder will fill in, so if Klopp buys another midfielder, I'munsure it will be a creative midfielder, most likely an industrial one? In which case it doesn't really change anything.

Lucas should be no where near the starting line up, Matty Virtue is no where near the first team and Grujic is still a kid.

As for Lucas, each to their own I guess , I know you are not a fan of his but I would have him as 3rd choice #6 with Grujic & Virtue/Ejaria behind Can, Hendo & Wijnaldum for the #8 role.

I honestly do think we'll be ok in midfield, but it's a gamble on whether Hendo can stay fit or not.
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2017 10:27:12 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #29082: Apr 25, 2017 11:26:18 pm
      If we get the right level of quality in it saves us having to piss about the next year or year after that wondering whether the ones we've already bought are good enough, whether we need to wait for them to develop or whether we need to compensate in some other area of the team. Don't piss about. Get some serious quality in ffs.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #29083: Apr 25, 2017 11:36:38 pm
      Pearce saying VD is our number one defensive target and we are willing to pay the 50£ evaluation.

anyone buying that?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #29084: Apr 26, 2017 12:01:00 am
      Pearce saying VD is our number one defensive target and we are willing to pay the 50£ evaluation.

anyone buying that?
      JH just had  palpitations  over that post.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29085: Apr 26, 2017 12:16:34 am

anyone buying that?

Depends just how desperate Klopp has become to try and fix the defence. History tells me it's never going to happen though.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #29086: Apr 26, 2017 12:52:31 am

anyone buying that?

Definitely, I honestly don't think the £50m will be the issue considering we'll be letting Sakho go for around £25m (imo) but the wages and/or Champions League is where we'll probably come unstuck.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #29087: Apr 26, 2017 02:52:23 am

anyone buying that?

There will be a rush of articles telling us all the players we'll be in to sign if we get Champions League football.

Before articles telling us it's now not possible due to no Champions League, written by apologists who praised our 'clever business' last summer when we made a profit and left the squad woefully thin.

So you know, sort of the usual.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #29088: Apr 26, 2017 03:52:29 am
      There will be a rush of articles telling us all the players we'll be in to sign if we get Champions League football.

Before articles telling us it's now not possible due to no Champions League, written by apologists who praised our 'clever business' last summer when we made a profit and left the squad woefully thin.

So you know, sort of the usual.
      It was good business. We actually bought well in the summer, and that showed as we were challenging for the title till January. But then all the sh*t happened as we never strengthened the squad in January when Mane, Coutinho were injured. So it doesn't matter if we had positive net spent. We never strengthened in January is what hurt us , not the "positive net spent".
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29089: Apr 26, 2017 08:37:46 am

It certainly wasn't this year. 😊

Just out of curiosity redmen... it seems to be fashionable again [it goes in cycles] to be seen to be wanting rid of some players who are labelled injury prone: are 'we' going to be consistent in this approach?

Are we F**k... 😂😂

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29090: Apr 26, 2017 08:45:25 am
      If we get the right level of quality in it saves us having to piss about the next year or year after that wondering whether the ones we've already bought are good enough, whether we need to wait for them to develop or whether we need to compensate in some other area of the team. Don't piss about. Get some serious quality in ffs.
      It's F***ing mental that some folk still need to be told that.🤤

wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #29091: Apr 26, 2017 09:07:12 am

has anyone seen anything from him this season to suggest he is a good prospect?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29092: Apr 26, 2017 09:09:03 am
      It certainly wasn't this year. 😊

Just out of curiosity redmen... it seems to be fashionable again [it goes in cycles] to be seen to be wanting rid of some players who are labelled injury prone: are 'we' going to be consistent in this approach?

Are we F**k... 😂😂

Consistent regarding which players?
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #29093: Apr 26, 2017 09:10:58 am

agree fully

the likes of VD clearly don't fit into the serious quality bracket.

the price bracket that is being thrown about would suggest it should be, but he clearly isnt in the highest bracket.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29094: Apr 26, 2017 09:28:41 am
      Consistent regarding which players?

... players who are labelled injury prone:

Or, if you prefer, players who miss a lot of games through injury. 🙄

Quick Reply