Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4216855 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #29509: May 23, 2017 12:56:55 pm
      Some something on the twatter about  Iker Casillas on a free?

Any takers?

I heard something about that on Redmen TV before but had no idea what he was going on about. I'd take him for sure. What our other keepers could learn from a player like him (both on and off the pitch) is invaluable.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #29510: May 23, 2017 02:10:14 pm
      I've never said that. Did you even read what I've said?

"Think we should really go after Dolberg regarding that world class striker rumours"

shall I get you your coat?

also - just a question - why would he be ready in 2 years? what is the thinking behind that? if we went ahead with your plan and purchased him - would we just have to wait for him to develop and in the mean time have another Origi on our hands? who will he learn from?
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #29511: May 23, 2017 02:12:08 pm
      I heard something about that on Redmen TV before but had no idea what he was going on about. I'd take him for sure. What our other keepers could learn from a player like him (both on and off the pitch) is invaluable.

I agree, especially as our current crop of keepers are not exactly fantastic. Mings has done well of late, but lets not forget that he has been here for a number of years and has yet to live up to being anything other than OK, Manninger is completely useless and Karius has failed to set the world alight.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #29512: May 23, 2017 03:15:11 pm
      I know it's far fetched and I'm reaching but Griezmann said that he's leaving Atletico..I wouldn't mind splashing the whole transfer budget on him and VVD :action-smiley-035:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #29513: May 23, 2017 03:21:37 pm
      I know it's far fetched and I'm reaching but Griezmann said that he's leaving Atletico..I wouldn't mind splashing the whole transfer budget on him and VVD :action-smiley-035:

He didn't say he was leaving, just that there is a 60% chance he will.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #29514: May 23, 2017 03:23:18 pm
      Some something on the twatter about  Iker Casillas on a free?

Any takers?

Still a top class keeper from what I have seen/heard of him since going to Porto. Head and shoulders above what we have at the moment. Like Buffon, think he will just be able to keep on going.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #29517: May 23, 2017 03:36:39 pm

"If I have to move"....
      Doesn't mean he's going though, Suarez was ready to leave us but it didn't happen until a year later.

Reading the whole interview, and not just going by a quote picked out and put on Twitter, it seems like he will be seeing what Atletico's plans will be for going into next season, what sort of player they plan on bringing in etc.
      It wasn't long ago they won the league and they've recently been Champions League runners up too so maybe he is just after more money, doing a Rooney.

Also, if he wants to win titles, then going to the Mancs isn't goin to make that happen. All about the money IMO. Why else consider China and the US too?
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #29518: May 23, 2017 03:43:46 pm
      "If I have to move"....
      Doesn't mean he's going though, Suarez was ready to leave us but it didn't happen until a year later.

Reading the whole interview, and not just going by a quote picked out and put on Twitter, it seems like he will be seeing what Atletico's plans will be for going into next season, what sort of player they plan on bringing in etc.
      It wasn't long ago they won the league and they've recently been Champions League runners up too so maybe he is just after more money, doing a Rooney.

Griezmann: “I’ve reached a point where playing nice football and scoring goals isn’t enough. Winning titles, that’s what I’m looking for”

Oh please..how can he go back to the fans and explain those quotes ? 'I have no problems leaving the club' this is pretty much burning bridges.
      And the reason Suarez didn't leave it was because Henry fcked Arsenal over the release clause and not because he didn't want to, if Henry would've accepted the bid he would've been gone.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29519: May 23, 2017 04:58:09 pm
      Watching the replay of Lyon's match, Lacazzette reminds me of in-form Sturridge in his movements, just little steps to and fro to get in position for shooting and then finishing very well. I guess the big difference is that he stays healthy.

But some reports say he is going to Atletico Madrid.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29520: May 23, 2017 05:04:31 pm

Right. There is absolutely NO sourcing for this story re the club's plans. The headline comes from the following sentence in the story:

"Fenway Sports Group is expected to spend well over £100 million on new recruits, with Southampton’s Virgil Van Dijk a target and rated at least £50 million."

Expected by.....who???

I mean, maybe we will spend that much and maybe we won't, but whatever happened to actual responsible journalism. There is literally NO NEWS in this article.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #29521: May 23, 2017 05:05:33 pm
      Griezmann: “I’ve reached a point where playing nice football and scoring goals isn’t enough. Winning titles, that’s what I’m looking for”

Oh please..how can he go back to the fans and explain those quotes ? 'I have no problems leaving the club' this is pretty much burning bridges.
      And the reason Suarez didn't leave it was because Henry fcked Arsenal over the release clause and not because he didn't want to, if Henry would've accepted the bid he would've been gone.

Of course there is going back for him where the fans are concerned. Gerrard and Suarez both said they were off from us, stayed and were still loved.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #29522: May 23, 2017 05:45:44 pm
      Right. There is absolutely NO sourcing for this story re the club's plans. The headline comes from the following sentence in the story:

"Fenway Sports Group is expected to spend well over £100 million on new recruits, with Southampton’s Virgil Van Dijk a target and rated at least £50 million."

Expected by.....who???

I mean, maybe we will spend that much and maybe we won't, but whatever happened to actual responsible journalism. There is literally NO NEWS in this article.

Joyce reported the same thing around a month ago and seeing how tight he is with the club its probably not far off.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29523: May 23, 2017 06:34:35 pm
      Joyce reported the same thing around a month ago and seeing how tight he is with the club its probably not far off.

I would say it needs to be about 150 million. i just don't like unsourced stories - journo snob here.  :D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29524: May 23, 2017 07:03:18 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10886538/alexandre-lacazette-agrees-to-join-atletico-madrid-from-lyon-subject-to-transfer-ban

I thought we were after an exceptional/world class striker? Seriously, we can't out bid or pay more in wages than Atletico ?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #29525: May 23, 2017 07:04:38 pm
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29526: May 23, 2017 07:35:26 pm

Well... we have been told, by the man himself,  that 'most of the work is already done'. Lacazette, simply, might not have been part of that "work" I guess.

It will be fun finding out who is tho.
      « Last Edit: May 23, 2017 07:40:11 pm by bad boy bubby »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #29527: May 23, 2017 08:06:55 pm

What can you do if the player wants to play for Atleti?

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29528: May 23, 2017 08:10:47 pm

Offer him more money ;)

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #29529: May 23, 2017 08:17:17 pm
      I thought we were after an exceptional/world class striker? Seriously, we can't out bid or pay more in wages than Atletico ?

Probably not when they could well be getting best part of £100mill for Griezeman.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29530: May 23, 2017 08:21:26 pm

Wait until they get banned from signing players and he can't sign for them :D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29531: May 23, 2017 08:26:26 pm

Or simply 'sell' him LFC... in the way BR was/is ridiculed for being unable to, I guess. 🙄

Liverpool? Champions League? Jürgen Klopp? A doddle to sell; right? If you're really after a player that is.

Again... I am looking forward to see who we are 'really' after (they'll obviously be the ones we end up with because, as everyone knows... "we only want players who want to be here" 😁).

Quick Reply