Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4275156 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #29555: May 24, 2017 09:28:13 pm
      Klopp saying our transfer targets will take time.
      Oh no, not again !

Doesn't everybody's?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #29556: May 24, 2017 10:53:23 pm

Sort of, but we historically seem to drag our feet more than most.
      We can only hope thing have improved so we don't get gazzumped, if that's still a valid word.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #29557: May 24, 2017 11:05:19 pm
      Sort of, but we historically seem to drag our feet more than most.
      We can only hope thing have improved so we don't get gazzumped, if that's still a valid word.

The guy with the motorcycle no longer does the negotiations.

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #29558: May 25, 2017 08:21:54 am

No, we dither about others go in at the asking price and get it done.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #29559: May 25, 2017 09:38:15 am
      I'm hoping the £100 mil quoted in the papers is exclusive of sales. Van Dijk is expected to cost half of that. No top class attacker comes for less than £45mil these days. Keita is expected to cost around £40mil. If reports are to be believed that we are after Gray and Sessognon, they gonna cost a combined £25mil.

The additional £60mil hopefully will come from the sales of Sakho (£25mil), Moreno (£10mil), Markovic (£10mil) and fringe players like Wisdom, Stewart, Flano, Randall et al

Was just thinking the same thing...£100m two to three new players, I doubt Klopp will see any money form the sale of players to spend in the window
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #29560: May 25, 2017 12:31:16 pm
      What are these rumours about Casillas? Are there any truth in them? Is he still up to standard?

Betting suspended by Ladbrokes on Casillas joining LFC!  :f_doh:

https://twitter.com/neiljonesecho/status/867695681158488065
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #29561: May 25, 2017 02:27:11 pm

Shame, would quite happily have seen Migs binned off and Casillas signed, despite being 36, he is still much better than what we have and is what we could really do with going into the Champions League.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29562: May 25, 2017 02:40:35 pm
      Looks like we have another club jumping ahead of us in AC Milan.

Musacchio, R.Rodriguez, Keita Balde and now Morata possibly.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #29563: May 25, 2017 04:54:29 pm
      Klopp saying our transfer targets will take time.
      Oh no, not again !

I read that.

I want to see some early stuff taking place showing that we want players signed up early to bed in .
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29564: May 25, 2017 05:47:45 pm
      Me too buddy and, to be honest, this bit gave me pause for thought...

This time around, however, Klopp is not so confident of completing swift deals despite previously claiming most of the work on recruitment had already been done.
      http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/617006/Liverpool-Transfer-News-Jürgen-Klopp

What the frig could have changed, in such a short period of time, to have left the big fella changing his tune?  :-\
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #29565: May 25, 2017 05:52:14 pm

This time around, however, Klopp is not so confident of completing swift deals despite previously claiming most of the work on recruitment had already been done.
      http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/617006/Liverpool-Transfer-News-Jürgen-Klopp

What the frig could have changed, in such a short period of time, to have left the big fella changing his tune?  :-\

Really strange.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #29566: May 25, 2017 06:37:49 pm

Who know's Si...he might just be tired of answering the same questions every presser without fail.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29567: May 25, 2017 06:52:26 pm

The work on recruitment basically involved just identifying targets etc. it didn't involve completing negotiations. I'm guessing they've found out that negotiations for their targets may take a bit of time for whatever reason.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #29568: May 25, 2017 06:52:29 pm
      I would have thought it was obvious what he means:

1) All the work is almost done = Scouting, deciding who we 'want' to buy etc. He suggested this by also saying how he already knew where we needed reinforcement and where we were weak. He also said, something along the lines "do you think I haven't been watching all season", again referencing the work related to our own players and where we needed help the most.

2) Not expecting deals to be done swiftly = We'll now put out our offers and begin our negotiations but these things are rarely done quickly due to the fact that players want to know all their options, players want to go away on holiday and leave things to their agents who absolutely love this time of year and will attempt to play as many options off against each other as they can.

Both statements fit perfectly well with what position we should be in and should expect us to be in at this stage.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #29569: May 25, 2017 07:02:46 pm

1) All the work is almost done = Scouting, deciding who we 'want' to buy etc. He suggested this by also saying how he already knew where we needed reinforcement and where we were weak. He also said, something along the lines "do you think I haven't been watching all season", again referencing the work related to our own players and where we needed help the most.

2) Not expecting deals to be done swiftly = We'll now put out our offers and begin our negotiations but these things are rarely done quickly due to the fact that players want to know all their options, players want to go away on holiday and leave things to their agents who absolutely love this time of year and will attempt to play as many options off against each other as they can.

Both statements fit perfectly well with what position we should be in and should expect us to be in at this stage.

Truth is also that if we are indeed looking to only purchase players that are upgrades to the current squad then we are dealing with a higher caliber of player and they take longer than a free coming out of Mainz. How long did Pogba take last year? or Sanchez to Arsenal?

We might be shopping a level above what we normally do which means the teams we are shopping against are also a higher level so it might take more time.

Not worried in the least to be honest.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #29570: May 25, 2017 07:37:03 pm
      Who know's Si...he might just be tired of answering the same questions every presser without fail.

Too bad...he's the manager and that's part of his job. He knows the questions are coming. Buck up Jurgo.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #29571: May 25, 2017 08:00:52 pm

This is correct. He also said something like "It's not like I'm going to meet Monday morning with Edwards and start talking about what we need." That part is done - but the targets are targets for a reason and so they will have some mulling to do. Even Klopp said he'd prefer to have all business done by the time training camp opens (was it July 1?), but recognizes it probably won't happen that way.

I know you've been disappointed in previos transfer markets - fair enough. At least wait for this one to happen before you start slagging. No change in Klopp's outlook.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #29572: May 25, 2017 08:52:07 pm
      Gael Clichy anyone?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29573: May 25, 2017 09:25:03 pm
      From the same article...  :-\

Last year the German boss concluded all of his major signings by July 22.

The Reds signed Sadio Mane, Joel Matip, Georginio Wijnaldum, Ragnar Klavan, Loris Karius and Alex Manninger relatively early on in the summer.

'[Transfers]  are rarely done quickly' my HOLE.  :lmao:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29574: May 25, 2017 09:31:20 pm
      Truth is also that if we are indeed looking to only purchase players that are upgrades to the current squad then we are dealing with a higher caliber of player and they take longer than a free coming out of Mainz. How long did Pogba take last year? or Sanchez to Arsenal?

We might be shopping a level above what we normally do which means the teams we are shopping against are also a higher level so it might take more time.

Not worried in the least to be honest.

The fact that someone who, [with others], was so adamant that Jürgen doesn't sign ready made, 'big names' or spend a lot of money, is now saying that ^^^ has reassured me no end. I feel sooo vindicated. 😄

Thank you kind sir. 😎
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29575: May 25, 2017 09:56:03 pm

What I actually said was: it "give [me] pause for thought" - nothing more. 😉

I guess the fact that so many others took time out [or paused] to offer their opinion [or thoughts] on the matter proves that I'm not alone and that I was right. 😄

Catch you later buddy.
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2017 10:00:20 pm by bad boy bubby »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #29576: May 25, 2017 10:05:01 pm
      What a source to use ....LMFAO... ;D
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #29577: May 25, 2017 10:12:20 pm
      The fact that someone who, [with others], was so adamant that Jürgen doesn't sign ready made, 'big names' or spend a lot of money, is now saying that ^^^ has reassured me no end. I feel sooo vindicated. 😄

Thank you kind sir. 😎

Happy to oblige, just doing my part to help your ego stay healthy. ;)
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2017 10:19:44 pm by AZPatriot »

Quick Reply