Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4286346 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #30498: Jun 23, 2017 02:04:46 pm
      According to Corbs a lad he knows was talking to our chief scout and were to expect 2 more 'superstar' signings.

Make of that what you like. ;D

Ah Corbs Si - did he manage to say it in a way that still sounded like he was totally f#ckin' disgusted ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30499: Jun 23, 2017 02:08:01 pm
      According to Corbs a lad he knows was talking to our chief scout and were to expect 2 more 'superstar' signings.
      Like crime in a multi-storey carpark - that sentence is wrong on so many levels Si. 😄
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #30500: Jun 23, 2017 02:11:56 pm
      I don't know, you know. If we take the haedline figure out of the equation for the moment, this has more a ring of truth than Aubameyang. Mbappe is young, super talented and offers a potential sell on value. I know it's a lot of money but it's not too much of a stretch to imagine them spending £87 million on a player they could potentially make a profit on in three years. Certainly more a ring of truth than £70 million for Aubameyang who would offer none. Yes it's a staggering amount of money but the principle does fall within FSG's business model.

I think it would make sense for all parties. Mbappe gets to further develop under a manager renowned for development, he will go Madrid in 3 years as part of the deal, he will be then ready for Los Blanco's after winning us the league!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #30501: Jun 23, 2017 02:22:59 pm
      This Mbappe "bid" wreaks of a publicity ploy by FSG to show how serious we are about spending.

We aren't going to spend 100m on one player, let alone one with one good season and one that has already said he wants to play at RM.

This sounds like something to keep the natives placated as we have no other news to report.

I mean shouldn't we already be seeing solid links to other players at this point?
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #30502: Jun 23, 2017 02:30:37 pm
      Antonio Cassano is making a comeback: "Even after a year out, I can make the difference.  I'm the best around in Italy -- it doesn't take much to understand that."

:lmao:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #30503: Jun 23, 2017 02:30:55 pm
      This Mbappe "bid" wreaks of a publicity ploy by FSG to show how serious we are about spending.

We aren't going to spend 100m on one player, let alone one with one good season and one that has already said he wants to play at RM.

This sounds like something to keep the natives placated as we have no other news to report.

I mean shouldn't we already be seeing solid links to other players at this point?
      Arsenal letting Chaimberlain go, I think Klopp wants him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #30504: Jun 23, 2017 02:32:33 pm

If we're signing the Ox then Keite is out of the picture now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #30505: Jun 23, 2017 02:34:02 pm
      Ah Corbs Si - did he manage to say it in a way that still sounded like he was totally f#ckin' disgusted ;)

He started by saying 'you all know I'm no bullshitter' or something along those lines which gave me a chuckle. ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #30506: Jun 23, 2017 02:35:21 pm

I just don't get that. I can't see how he improves our starting 11.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #30507: Jun 23, 2017 02:38:33 pm

He doesn't.

If we bought a Keita and Ox then it vastly improves the team and the Squad but Ox on his own I'm not convinced he's better than what we have in midfield.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #30508: Jun 23, 2017 02:39:33 pm
      He doesn't.

If we bought a Keita and Ox then it vastly improves the team and the Squad but Ox on his own I'm not convinced he's better than what we have in midfield.

We're not buying both players mate it's one or the other.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #30509: Jun 23, 2017 02:41:17 pm
      He can play in midfield or attack, I think the signing of Salah might just make it less likely now. We don't really need any more of that type of forward, but we could use one more centre forward.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #30510: Jun 23, 2017 02:44:20 pm
      He doesn't.

If it is the Ox that turns up for England I'd get him. Upgrade on Hendo... If it is the one that plays for Arsenal I'd rather have Joe Allen.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #30511: Jun 23, 2017 02:44:38 pm
      He can play in midfield or attack, I think the signing of Salah might just make it less likely now. We don't really need any more of that type of forward, but we could use one more centre forward.

Keita is the player we need.

An all action durable box to box midfielder.

He would be perfect next to Can.

I like the Ox but I can't bear the thought of us signing another injury prone player.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #30512: Jun 23, 2017 02:59:38 pm
      If it is the Ox that turns up for England I'd get him. Upgrade on Hendo... If it is the one that plays for Arsenal I'd rather have Joe Allen.

No chance Ox is an upgrade on Hendo.

Not in a million years.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,485 posts | 8675 
      Reply #30513: Jun 23, 2017 03:09:39 pm
      If it is the Ox that turns up for England I'd get him.

As long as it isn't the central midfield version that played against France, cos he was sh*te!!

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #30514: Jun 23, 2017 03:22:24 pm

Exactly,
      So they're  going to compete with the likes of RM and PSG with the latter putting  in a £119m world record bid, reportedly.

Have the natives falling about laughing more like.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #30515: Jun 23, 2017 03:33:18 pm
      Exactly,
      So they're  going to compete with the likes of RM and PSG with the latter putting  in a £119m world record bid, reportedly.

Have the natives falling about laughing more like.

Ignore who we're linked with and focus on who we get.  Come September, we will have a significantly improved side than we started the summer with.  ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #30516: Jun 23, 2017 03:45:19 pm
      Ignore who we're linked with and focus on who we get.  Come September, we will have a significantly improved side than we started the summer with.  ;)

That doesn't even get to the ignore qualification,  it's just hype.
      Posted elsewhere that it is to be hoped this is a new dawn for FSG and signings.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30517: Jun 23, 2017 04:17:14 pm

He doesn't, quality wise he is a notch below Keita' however he does have quality, is still only 24 and can play 1/2 dozen positions which I am sure Klopp appreciates (and damned if the gaffer does not half appreciate flexibility in players)

I have no problem getting Ox...as long as we still get that top notch CB and another attacker up front.

Midfield....Coutinho, Lallana, Gini, Henderson, Can, Ox, Gruijc looks just fine to me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #30518: Jun 23, 2017 04:20:02 pm
      He doesn't, quality wise he is a notch below Keita' however he does have quality, is still only 24 and can play 1/2 dozen positions which I am sure Klopp appreciates (and damned if the gaffer does not half appreciate flexibility in players)

I have no problem getting Ox...as long as we still get that top notch CB and another attacker up front.

Midfield....Coutinho, Lallana, Gini, Henderson, Can, Ox, Gruijc looks just fine to me.

I don't think we are in for another attacker. I'm thinking if we get a CB and a midfielder that's likely the bulk of our business. Hell, at the current rate of negotiations, we'll be lucky to close two more deals in the next two months.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30519: Jun 23, 2017 04:23:17 pm
      Hell, at the current rate of negotiations, we'll be lucky to close two more deals in the next two months.

Really?....except for the fellas who were signed on free's earlier in year the last few seasons (matip) Salah is one of our earliest signings in the past 5 years so don't know where that's coming from.

Mane June 28th
      Gini July 22nd
      Firmino June 24th
      Lovren July 28th
      Lallana June 30th
      Can July 3rd
      Clyne July 1st
      Salah, June 22nd

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #30520: Jun 23, 2017 04:23:49 pm
      I guess this is the right thread for posting this:
      https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/22/sports/soccer/premier-league-transfers.html?smid=tw-nytsports&smtyp=cur

Recommended reading. I Thought it was an interesting look at how teams arrive at valuations and fees for players. Some Liverpool info in it as well, re howwe ended up paying what we did for Gini.

the Wolfsburg coach comment is intriguing to me: “It is like a secret recipe for every club, known only in the club and in our books,” said Olaf Rebbe, the sporting director at the Bundesliga club Wolfsburg. “Every club decides in its own way what a player costs, and that could be completely different to you.” (brings to mind an image of owners and managers shooting dice...)

Quick Reply