Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4217676 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #30820: Jul 08, 2017 10:08:36 am
      A little more? We should have been getting at least £70 mil plus sanchez, we held all the cards but as soon as cigar smoking John heard the price he'd have whipped his cum gun out and started blasting it everywhere.
      don't want Sanchez. His attitude at Arsenal.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30821: Jul 08, 2017 10:09:55 am
      I was talking about releasing things to the press and rushing into deals without nailing down the small print, Everton are going to take advantage of their poor, seemingly rushed business, and quite right.
      Maybe the 'add-on' was the small print mate and it's details are only being leaked now.

If, as it appears, we are now willing to believe what the press say, that is.  😉

Either way; both parties are obviously 'happy' with the deal or it wouldn't have been completed.

So yes... that's exactly how business should be done.  👌

« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2017 10:16:48 am by bad boy bubby »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #30822: Jul 08, 2017 10:21:33 am
      Maybe the 'add-on' was the small print mate and it's details are only being leaked now.

If, as it appears, we are now willing to believe what the press say, that is.  😉

Either way; both parties are obviously 'happy' with the deal or it wouldn't have been completed.

So yes... that's exactly how business should be done.  👌

I don't know, they've got the deal done it seems which is good for them, but they've been taken to the cleaners. Seems odd the add ons were sorted after a main fee was agreed, not something I see as a good idea. But you're right, it's always hard to believe what gets leaked to the press.

Their best bit of business was getting rid of that troll Rooney in that deal.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30823: Jul 08, 2017 10:34:11 am
      No I was being sarcastic about United not nailing down the small details of a transfer
      Well that back fired all over the shop; didn't it? 😄

Apart from the fact that you really don't know if it's true (that they didn't nail it down) and you are clearly happy to believe the press, about the 'add ons'...

The Hoors still got their man; even after Chelsea "matched" the bid [if one is to believe the same journos, of course]. 😉
      « Last Edit: Jul 08, 2017 10:54:58 am by bad boy bubby »
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #30824: Jul 08, 2017 10:38:30 am

Id have took Sanchez in a heartbeat, certainly better than Balotelli and Lambert
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,396 posts | 2823 
      Reply #30825: Jul 08, 2017 10:41:13 am

That much different from Suarez's?

Both didn't/don't want to be at their respective clubs but still got on with it and put in world class performances week in, week out.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #30826: Jul 08, 2017 10:47:32 am
      Well that back fired all over the shop; didn't it? 😄

Apart from the fact that you really don't know if it's true (that they didn't nail it down) and you are clearly happy to believe the press, about the 'add ons'...

The Hoors still got their man; even after Chelsea "matched" the bid [if one is to believe the same journos, of course]. 😉

Again, I think yea it's hard to believe what the media say.

Looks like United were happy to pay whatever Everton asked for, they've spent 90 million and given them Rooney who could have been sold to China for £30 million easily.

Luxury position to be in, but throwing money at the problem isn't one that's worked for United in the past and as I've said before, I'd not be happy to see us do business in that soulless kind of way. They can be taken to the cleaners all they want, I for one am glad we are at least trying to get a better deal for players not just bending over and paying over the odds for everyone.

I understand that's a minority view but quite frankly I've talked so much sh*t (and most people have) about Chelsea and City buying the league over the years that I cannot support that approach from any club, including ours.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30827: Jul 08, 2017 10:55:43 am
      Luxury position to be in, but throwing money at the problem isn't one that's worked for United in the past
      Look at how much they actually spent to get back into Champions League and then how much we did Mags. You may be surprised.

they've got the deal done it seems which is good for them, but they've been taken to the cleaners.

Again; apart from the fact you don't know if the add ons were, in fact added on at a later point - they were happy to go the extra mile to secure the signing.

They clearly think Lukaku is worth it or they would have pulled out... isn't that what we would have done? 😒

As for his "worth" - surely that all depends on his eventual impact and what trophies he wins there?

Take Pogba... I have mocked them and the big c**t at every opportunity - from re-signing at an 'exorbitant' cost, to his uncanny resemblance to Carlton Cole but... but at the end of last season, they/he had won two trophies and qualified for the Champions League. (All apart from enhanced global profile btw).

They could, successfully, argue that Pogba was money well spent.

I hope to F**k Lukaku flops like a useless turd but I have a notion that he has strengthened them; even at £75m [£90m]. 😞

It's not how much is spent (because we have spent a F***ing sh*t load ourselves) but what it's spent on.

This notion that we haven't spent hundreds of millions is weird.

Oh... and... I rather we spent a sh*t load, to win titles and trophies, than to squander the same sh*t load of money that we have [TO DATE, before some F**k wit misses the point] to win F**k all. 😉

F**k knows how anyone can believe it's somehow more noble to spend 100s of millions, to win F**k all, than use the money to gather trophies. 😒

WEIRD fucks the lot of you. 😄😄

« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2017 04:17:47 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #30828: Jul 08, 2017 11:01:42 am
      Again; apart from the fact you don't know if the add ones were, in fact added on at a later point - they were happy to go the extra mile to secure the signing.

They clearly think Lukaku is worth it or they would have pulled out... isn't that what we would have done.

As for his "worth" - surely that all depends on his eventual impact and what trophies he wins there?

Take Pogba... I have mocked them and the big c**t at every opportunity - from re-signing at an 'exorbitant' cost, to his uncanny resemblance to Carlton Cole but... but at the end of last season, they/he had won two trophies and qualified for the Champions League. (All apart from enhanced global profile btw).

They could, successfully, argue that Pogba was money well spent.

I hope to F**k Lukaku flops like a useless turd but I have a notion that he has strengthened them; even at £75m [£90m]. 😞

You and me both mate. Hopefully they continue to be a club full of individuals more concerned with their brand not the their teammates.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #30829: Jul 08, 2017 11:05:35 am

Really haven't seea much of an attitude as people say, never a problem at Barcelona .would take him in a heartbeat
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #30830: Jul 08, 2017 11:46:25 am
      Really haven't seea much of an attitude as people say, never a problem at Barcelona .would take him in a heartbeat

Me either all I've seen is a gifted player who scores and assists and lifts a lot of his team mates with his passion for the game.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #30831: Jul 08, 2017 12:40:41 pm
      Again, I think yea it's hard to believe what the media say.

Looks like United were happy to pay whatever Everton asked for, they've spent 90 million and given them Rooney who could have been sold to China for £30 million easily.

Luxury position to be in, but throwing money at the problem isn't one that's worked for United in the past and as I've said before, I'd not be happy to see us do business in that soulless kind of way. They can be taken to the cleaners all they want, I for one am glad we are at least trying to get a better deal for players not just bending over and paying over the odds for everyone.

I understand that's a minority view but quite frankly I've talked so much sh*t (and most people have) about Chelsea and City buying the league over the years that I cannot support that approach from any club, including ours.

The mancs' owners obviously have faith misplaced or not, in their manager.
      They trust his judgement and integrity to the extent they are willing to give him the funds to acquire what he thinks will bring success to his club.

This in spite of Mourinho's questionable CV with some previous clubs.

Jürgen Klopp was appointed by FSG, comes with an impeccable CV and is highly regarded by his peers.
      In view of the current debacle regarding tapping up or not tapping up and apologies for F**k knows what combined with a perceived unwillingness to sign the manager's targets, the question must be asked in a wider context of why the fraud is backed by the Glazers and FSG leave our man with his arse in the air?
      « Last Edit: Jul 08, 2017 12:45:06 pm by stuey »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #30832: Jul 08, 2017 12:42:15 pm

Me either all I've seen is a gifted player who scores and assists and lifts a lot of his team mates with his passion for the game.

Agreed, I have never seen anything on the pitch but a good attitude.
      Off the pitch? Might be different, who knows?

Cracking player, but he turned us down once for the bright lights of London, so as far as I'm concerned, no thanks.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #30833: Jul 08, 2017 01:45:34 pm

You meant his winner attitude? As opposed to Giroud who ran around celebrating after equalizing against Bournemouth in the 90th minute which typifies everything about Arsenal?
      That's the kind of attitude we've needed so badly ever since Suarez left.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #30834: Jul 08, 2017 05:12:12 pm
      You meant his winner attitude? As opposed to Giroud who ran around celebrating after equalizing against Bournemouth in the 90th minute which typifies everything about Arsenal?
      That's the kind of attitude we've needed so badly ever since Suarez left.

Thank you, that's exactly what we lack. You know when Suarez used to yell at sterling etc. That's because he hates to loose. Gives everything I'm every game.

And we need that in our team, so we can get consistency in our performances.
      Winners will always give 100% and then you have majority of players whom take this as a job.
      If they loose then they will shrug and hide.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #30835: Jul 08, 2017 06:09:35 pm
      So, Utd are putting forward £90m plus Rooney in the deal for Lukaku.  :f_doh:

Looking forward to watching this latest Mourinho failure. Spending big for the namesake again just like Pogba.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30836: Jul 08, 2017 06:41:25 pm
      and apologies for F**k knows what
      😁

Although the apology specifically referenced the press leaks, there's a school of thought which reckons that was only an excuse for being pissed at us raiding their team [and filling their coffers too presumably] every year.

Surely to F**k we wouldn't be as lily-livered to kowtow for that and/or they'd just refuse to deal with us, if that was the case? Anyhows, I digress...

I suppose, in the end, like you say: F**k knows what the apology was for but the fact remains, they took it seriously enough to embarrass LFC enough to make us grovel for forgiveness.

And yet... (rather than just accept they are wrong and to hide their continuing embarrassment) some fucktards would still try to have us believe that it was just another stroke of bad luck, in a series of unfortunate events, stretching back 7 years. 😄😄😄
      « Last Edit: Jul 08, 2017 07:01:35 pm by bad boy bubby »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #30837: Jul 08, 2017 07:13:45 pm
      So, Utd are putting forward £90m plus Rooney in the deal for Lukaku.  :f_doh:

Looking forward to watching this latest Mourinho failure. Spending big for the namesake again just like Pogba.

Doesn't concern me at all. He can't handle pressure and was abysmal in the run in last season, ahead in the golden boot and he lost his head the second Kane started hitting them in to catch him. Just a small team bully is all he is. Certainly not 75mill worth.
      Find it funny how Jose skates him when he left for Everton but now getting him in.

I'd have been more concerned if they were keeping Ibra instead.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #30838: Jul 08, 2017 08:56:56 pm
      So it looks like Everton will get £90 million for Lukaku!

I like the way they have been proactive and spent the money on players who will improve the side before they got the cash.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30839: Jul 08, 2017 08:59:53 pm
      So it looks like Everton will get £90 million for Lukaku!

I like the way they have been proactive and spent the money on players who will improve the side before they got the cash.

Absolutely ridiculous fee. Lacazette is far better to bet that kind of money on, or Aubameyang, you could probably even tempt Spurs for Kane at that kind of stupid price.

The only logic to it is that United are paying Everton £40m to take Rooney off their hands as they're packaging him into the deal too.

Lukaku £90m!!!! Milan bought Suso off us for £1m not so long ago and he's a regular starter for them, prices have gone totally bat-sh*t f**king crazy. £70m for Keita will look cheap if inflation goes on like this, insane!

While we're on the subject of Lukaku though, apparently arrested and ordered to appear in court for loud music, hopefully the fine somewhat reflective of his status and not just a token he'll never miss.
      « Last Edit: Jul 08, 2017 09:04:26 pm by KopiteLuke »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #30840: Jul 08, 2017 09:17:42 pm
      Absolutely ridiculous fee. Lacazette is far better to bet that kind of money on, or Aubameyang, you could probably even tempt Spurs for Kane at that kind of stupid price.

The only logic to it is that United are paying Everton £40m to take Rooney off their hands as they're packaging him into the deal too.

Lukaku £90m!!!! Milan bought Suso off us for £1m not so long ago and he's a regular starter for them, prices have gone totally bat-sh*t f**king crazy. £70m for Keita will look cheap if inflation goes on like this, insane!

While we're on the subject of Lukaku though, apparently arrested and ordered to appear in court for loud music, hopefully the fine somewhat reflective of his status and not just a token he'll never miss.

I barely believe it myself. If you floated the idea just a few short years ago that Everton would be paying £30m for a half decent Burnley defender you'd be wheeled off to the madhouse.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #30841: Jul 08, 2017 09:33:24 pm

It is difficult to comprehend

What are you willing to pay for a possible or probable 20+ goals a season player

Perhaps he will do for Man U what Trevor Francis did for Forest ? (obviously I hope not)

The market has gone crazy
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30842: Jul 08, 2017 09:55:23 pm
      It is difficult to comprehend

What are you willing to pay for a possible or probable 20+ goals a season player

Perhaps he will do for Man U what Trevor Francis did for Forest ? (obviously I hope not)

The market has gone crazy

Depends what else they bring to the side. The most over-rated players, imo, are the likes of Lukaku/Benteke etc. For me the team needs building around these players, so that they can then score the 10-20 goals a season. What you lose setting up a team to play to their questionable strengths means that you don't get as much from the rest of your team.

Whereas players such as Suarez, Griezmann, Aubameyang, Ronaldo, Messi etc bring qualities that get more out of the players around them. These type of players will occupy more than 1 defender, will play in more styles and allow more tactical versatility. So if your measure of how much a player is worth is only on goals scored then you might be able to put forward a case to justify a high fee but it usually takes far more than 20 goals to win a league, it usually requires a team functioning together as an effective unit and all those above bring that as do many more who fit into the same mould of player. It's why I've never been and would be difficult to convince that 'a big target man' is ever the right approach.

If I supported United, and thankfully I don't, I'd be very worried about what they're going to watch next year. To me Mourinho is going full on expensive Pulis and if it works then fair play to him but I think it will be both painful to watch and fall flat on it's face against the better teams.

Quick Reply