Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4243807 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31694: Aug 07, 2017 03:58:43 pm
      So Robertson is sh*t already is he, you sure are fast at evaluating players and giving them a fair chance!
      Wrong. I just forgot about him so ease off with the sarcasm.

For the record, I think Robertson looks better than Milner going forward, as good as Moreno going forward, but his positional play in defending is questionable. Time will tell.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31695: Aug 07, 2017 04:34:32 pm
      Wrong. I just forgot about him so ease off with the sarcasm.

For the record, I think Robertson looks better than Milner going forward, as good as Moreno going forward, but his positional play in defending is questionable. Time will tell.

Fair enough but I'm very impressed with Robertson so far, he's a huge improvement on Milner in every respect.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1516 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31696: Aug 07, 2017 04:38:01 pm
      Fair enough but I'm very impressed with Robertson so far, he's a huge improvement on Milner in every respect.
      He's the best of the trio for sure. I guess not every transfer can be an 'Andyos Robertsonio' :D
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #31697: Aug 07, 2017 05:00:49 pm

I think we look alot better down the left already. Mané looks just as good down the left as he does down the right. Wether it be Robertson or Moreno those first time crosses into the box will get us goals. I hope TAA can do the same down the right because Clyne couldn't cross his eyes tidy.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31698: Aug 07, 2017 09:11:08 pm
      Excellent Tomkin's piece posted by Danzel in the Klopp thread...probably one every supporter should read.

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I'll put it here as it is mainly about the squad, Klopp's vision, the players, squad depth, the lack of incoming transfers etc. I'll only put the link as the article is very long, but a pretty good read in my opinion. He's spot on about pretty much everything and doesn't shy away from giving criticism where it is justified.

https://tomkinstimes.com/2017/08/paul-tomkins-big-201718-liverpool-fc-preview/

Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #31699: Aug 07, 2017 10:42:26 pm
      Great article from Tomkins.

Agree with pretty much all of it, minus Kent. He just seemed to run about when I saw him, sh*t first touch a few times also. Hope I'm wrong though!
      Conman
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | 13 
      Reply #31700: Aug 07, 2017 10:46:07 pm
      Great article from Tomkins.

Agree with pretty much all of it, minus Kent. He just seemed to run about when I saw him, sh*t first touch a few times also. Hope I'm wrong though!
      I watched Kent quite alot for Barnsley last year and he is very inconsistent. He has very few good moments and the rest of the game he's in hiding. He's tried his best in pre season but he's nowhere near good enough for the prem.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31701: Aug 07, 2017 10:54:55 pm
      I watched Kent quite alot for Barnsley last year and he is very inconsistent. He has very few good moments and the rest of the game he's in hiding. He's tried his best in pre season but he's nowhere near good enough for the prem.

Conman ? ok Tom or George or Werner or Henry? :D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #31702: Aug 08, 2017 01:03:05 am
      Excellent Tomkin's piece posted by Danzel in the Klopp thread...probably one every supporter should read.

Thanks for sharing.

Woodburn as the next Paul Scholes, hey? I've been thinking of late he could be the next version of another top player from a club in the north of England, a rival of Scholes' club in fact, who is now coaching at his club. I could see Woodburn growing into the role Gerrard played for us. His success was at least 50 percent about passion and drive and Woodburn seems to have all of that - and then he goes and scores that goal...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #31703: Aug 08, 2017 03:08:05 am
      Conman ? ok Tom or George or Werner or Henry? :D

Thought it was littleface myself.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #31704: Aug 08, 2017 03:41:19 am
      Thought it was littleface myself.

I was thinking macred.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31705: Aug 08, 2017 09:34:23 am
      A fine writer alright... he could sell sh*t to a dung beetle.   ;)

So... anywho... only 4 days to kick off and 23 to the end of Silly Season; seems like it was "still only June" just yesterday - where does it go?  ;D
      « Last Edit: Aug 08, 2017 09:50:12 am by bad boy bubby »
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #31706: Aug 08, 2017 01:09:32 pm

A sh*t article from an obvious FSG apologist.  The carpet baggers probably have him on the payroll to placate the fans while they pocket millions.  We need more quality to compete and quality is expensive.  Tick tock....
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31707: Aug 08, 2017 01:34:50 pm
      A sh*t article from an obvious FSG apologist.  The carpet baggers probably have him on the payroll to placate the fans while they pocket millions.  We need more quality to compete and quality is expensive.  Tick tock....

I bet you didn't even read it as it was more than a few sentences long,
      Tell me did FSG bid for Keita or was it a figment of everyone's imagination? I'm not sure about you but offering £70 million for one player doesn't really seem like carpet bagging to me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #31708: Aug 08, 2017 01:49:27 pm
      I bet you didn't even read it as it was more than a few sentences long,
      Tell me did FSG bid for Keita or was it a figment of everyone's imagination? I'm not sure about you but offering £70 million for one player doesn't really seem like carpet bagging to me.

I hear we are going to offer 100m for Messi next week.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31709: Aug 08, 2017 01:53:42 pm
      I hear we are going to offer 100m for Messi next week.

Where did you hear that? £100 million might just get him, but does he want to move to a "joke" of a club as we apparently are these days according to some of our "fans"?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #31710: Aug 08, 2017 02:04:02 pm
      Where did you hear that? £100 million might just get him, but does he want to move to a "joke" of a club as we apparently are these days according to some of our "fans"?

I guess you didn't get the sarcasm in my post?

Just because you bid for a player, doesn't mean there's a chance in hell the bid is accepted. I don't know that it's some ploy by FSG to "appear" to be going after big name targets...but it's kind of odd that after years of penny pinching, they were so willing to throw tons of money at a player that some might argue (rightfully) isn't worth that type of price tag after only one very good year.

If you are into conspiracies....the juicy bit would be that it was the perfect scenario for a penny pinching owner....Klopp identifies a target that isn't likely for sale, is backed to the hilt because they know the other club will never accept a deal, not even a ludicrous one. Owners save face and can say "See...we tried to back Klopp".

If you were one to believe such things, you could couple that with the fact that we were supposedly ready to drop a ton of cash on another target, only to have that deal scuppered by a "tapping" up incident and a VERY hastily issued apology which prevents us from re-entering the discussions.

Now if you could stretch your mind around entertaining those two scenarios as valid, you could then move on to the possibility that we will now sell our star player for a shed-load of cash but we unfortunately won't have time to find a suitable replacement and we'll have to "make due" until the next transfer window where we will "back Klopp fully"........

Like I said...I don't know that I put any validity in those theories...but they sure hold a lot more water than ones about a flat earth or a faked moon landing and there are millions of people that believe those......
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31711: Aug 08, 2017 04:41:47 pm
      I guess you didn't get the sarcasm in my post?

Just because you bid for a player, doesn't mean there's a chance in hell the bid is accepted. I don't know that it's some ploy by FSG to "appear" to be going after big name targets...but it's kind of odd that after years of penny pinching, they were so willing to throw tons of money at a player that some might argue (rightfully) isn't worth that type of price tag after only one very good year.

If you are into conspiracies....the juicy bit would be that it was the perfect scenario for a penny pinching owner....Klopp identifies a target that isn't likely for sale, is backed to the hilt because they know the other club will never accept a deal, not even a ludicrous one. Owners save face and can say "See...we tried to back Klopp".

If you were one to believe such things, you could couple that with the fact that we were supposedly ready to drop a ton of cash on another target, only to have that deal scuppered by a "tapping" up incident and a VERY hastily issued apology which prevents us from re-entering the discussions.

Now if you could stretch your mind around entertaining those two scenarios as valid, you could then move on to the possibility that we will now sell our star player for a shed-load of cash but we unfortunately won't have time to find a suitable replacement and we'll have to "make due" until the next transfer window where we will "back Klopp fully"........

Like I said...I don't know that I put any validity in those theories...but they sure hold a lot more water than ones about a flat earth or a faked moon landing and there are millions of people that believe those......

No I'm afraid those theories hold no water at all and are in fact as absurd, if not more, than any flat earth theory.

You have to ask yourself what is FSG's end game, are they owners of LFC for the long term or short term. If they are owners for the long term then they must have a genuine affection for the club and want it to win major honours, you only achieve that by retaining your best players and adding to the squad as they have done so far this summer with the acquisition of Salah, Robertson and Solanke whilst only selling fringe and aging players.  Now if FSG are in it for the short term, which I consider more likely, then they want to increase the brand value of LFC and you do not do this by selling your star players, you retain them at all costs and try to achieve as much success as possible in as short a time as possible, ideally winning the league and/or champions league etc and then sell to the highest bidder.
      The only reason why FSG would sell its star player whilst already being very cash rich would be to do deliberate harm to the club and brand and devalue it in the short and long term, now there is a conspiracy theory for you, are they secretly in cahoots with the Glazers perhaps?
      OR is it more likely that LFC really did want to get Klopp's targets this summer, succeeded with Salah, might still succeed with VVD but failed with Keita due to Leipzig being very cash rich themselves and in no mood to sell?

I know which one I find more likely, how about you?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #31712: Aug 08, 2017 04:50:41 pm
      No I'm afraid those theories hold no water at all and are in fact as absurd, if not more, than any flat earth theory.

You have to ask yourself what is FSG's end game, are they owners of LFC for the long term or short term. If they are owners for the long term then they must have a genuine affection for the club and want it to win major honours, you only achieve that by retaining your best players and adding to the squad as they have done so far this summer with the acquisition of Salah, Robertson and Solanke whilst only selling fringe and aging players.  Now if FSG are in it for the short term, which I consider more likely, then they want to increase the brand value of LFC and you do not do this by selling your star players, you retain them at all costs and try to achieve as much success as possible in as short a time as possible, ideally winning the league and/or champions league etc and then sell to the highest bidder.
      The only reason why FSG would sell its star player whilst already being very cash rich would be to do deliberate harm to the club and brand and devalue it in the short and long term, now there is a conspiracy theory for you, are they secretly in cahoots with the Glazers perhaps?
      OR is it more likely that LFC really did want to get Klopp's targets this summer, succeeded with Salah, might still succeed with VVD but failed with Keita due to Leipzig being very cash rich themselves and in no mood to sell?

I know which one I find more likely, how about you?

Did they devalue the club when they sold off Torres? Did they devalue the club when they sold off Suarez? I honestly don't know if that's their plan/worry, and I'd like to think that they wouldn't be dumb enough to operate in this way, but IF they truly don't care about winning trophies and only care about the bottom line expenditures....then Klopp would be the perfect manager for them, not often demanding of huge transfer amounts, and able to develop underrated players and turn them into stars...all the while keeping an Arsenal like amount of success to placate enough of the support to not cause a huge backlash.

I see it on reddit on the LFC subreddit...you mention anything remotely critical of FSG and there are legions of people that will downvote you to hell and come to their defense. I even saw one person mention how this transfer window was decent and with the additions made we should be able gain top 4 again.

Let that sink in...Liverpool fans that think our aim should be top 4.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #31713: Aug 08, 2017 04:52:24 pm

So does your tinfoil hat get caught in the coat hangers on your ceiling a lot or just sometimes?
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #31714: Aug 08, 2017 04:59:00 pm
      So does your tinfoil hat get caught in the coat hangers on your ceiling a lot or just sometimes?

I was being facetious -- having a dig at some of those who use every opportunity to bash the owners.  I thought the sarcasm was apparent, but perhaps I was wrong....
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31715: Aug 08, 2017 05:14:46 pm
      Did they devalue the club when they sold off Torres? Did they devalue the club when they sold off Suarez? I honestly don't know if that's their plan/worry, and I'd like to think that they wouldn't be dumb enough to operate in this way, but IF they truly don't care about winning trophies and only care about the bottom line expenditures....then Klopp would be the perfect manager for them, not often demanding of huge transfer amounts, and able to develop underrated players and turn them into stars...all the while keeping an Arsenal like amount of success to placate enough of the support to not cause a huge backlash.

I see it on reddit on the LFC subreddit...you mention anything remotely critical of FSG and there are legions of people that will downvote you to hell and come to their defense. I even saw one person mention how this transfer window was decent and with the additions made we should be able gain top 4 again.

Let that sink in...Liverpool fans that think our aim should be top 4.

Klopp wanted them to buy one player for £70 million and another for £60million, and what did they do, they put in bids, well certainly for the first one, the second one was fu**ed up by the club but I suspect they'll bid again, yes yes I know probably deliberately and they'll want them to fail OBVIOUSLY!!
      Anyway how the F**k is that cheap?? LET that sink in you conspiracy nut.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #31716: Aug 08, 2017 05:20:22 pm
      I was being facetious -- having a dig at some of those who use every opportunity to bash the owners.  I thought the sarcasm was apparent, but perhaps I was wrong....

Read my post... Read your reply... Stare at both until you get it

Quick Reply