Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4284516 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33534: Jan 08, 2018 10:26:23 pm
      What the actual f**k? Just seen a report down here on the tv that Aubymyang or however the f**k you spell it, has agreed a 72 million EURO deal to join a club in China. Why haven't we thrown 75 million EUROS at them to get this guy to Liverpool!!!!

He’ll always be “Oh Baggy Man” to me as little Mickey Owen famously made an arse of pronouncing it when we pumped them a couple years ago...     
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33535: Jan 08, 2018 10:31:50 pm
      He’ll always be “Oh Baggy Man” to me as little Mickey Owen famously made an arse of pronouncing it when we pumped them a couple years ago...     

Hope he enjoy's it, good luck to him

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has reportedly been offered a staggering £824,000-per-week deal to join the Chinese Super League.

The Borussia Dortmund front man, who has been linked with a move to Real Madrid and Manchester City among others, is said to have been offered a deal that would make him become the highest-paid footballer in the world.

According to France Football , Tianjin Quanjian have vowed to pay Aubameyang €50million (£42.8m) a season to join the world's fastest-growing league.

It would equate to £824,615-per-week, surpassing the £798,000 that Ezequiel Lavezzi currently takes home every week from Hebei China Fortune.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/pierre-emerick-aubameyang-offered-over-10434747

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #33536: Jan 08, 2018 10:33:59 pm
      Hope he enjoy's it, good luck to him

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has reportedly been offered a staggering £824,000-per-week deal to join the Chinese Super League.

The Borussia Dortmund front man, who has been linked with a move to Real Madrid and Manchester City among others, is said to have been offered a deal that would make him become the highest-paid footballer in the world.

According to France Football , Tianjin Quanjian have vowed to pay Aubameyang €50million (£42.8m) a season to join the world's fastest-growing league.

It would equate to £824,615-per-week, surpassing the £798,000 that Ezequiel Lavezzi currently takes home every week from Hebei China Fortune.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/pierre-emerick-aubameyang-offered-over-10434747

I could probably make a decent fist of it on that.

If I had to like.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33537: Jan 08, 2018 10:35:03 pm
      I could probably make a decent fist of it on that.

If I had to like.

Tax free on top of it all....I'd be kissing the Tianjin Quanjian badge for that.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #33538: Jan 08, 2018 10:35:26 pm
      £27,000,000/year salary is probably the answer to both questions.

Honestly anybody willing to go play in the Chinese league says all there is to say about the individual.

27m F**k me, does Messi even get that? That's absurd, no wonder he wants to go there! Ok so let's buy him in a year when he's desperate to get the F**k out of there.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33539: Jan 08, 2018 10:38:10 pm
      What the actual f**k? Just seen a report down here on the tv that Aubymyang or however the f**k you spell it, has agreed a 72 million EURO deal to join a club in China. Why haven't we thrown 75 million EUROS at them to get this guy to Liverpool!!!!

Because he is overrated and not as good as we think he is.... and Firmino is better :)
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33540: Jan 08, 2018 10:38:13 pm
      27m f**k me, does Messi even get that? That's absurd, no wonder he wants to go there! Ok so let's buy him in a year when he's desperate to get the f**k out of there.

Yup....200k/week and a case of Fray Bentos is probably not going to entice him to Merseyside.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #33541: Jan 08, 2018 10:39:11 pm
      27m f**k me, does Messi even get that? That's absurd, no wonder he wants to go there! Ok so let's buy him in a year when he's desperate to get the f**k out of there.

F**k me - if he’s anything like me he’ll be 34 stone and his liver shot to sh*t on that wad for a year 🤪
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #33542: Jan 08, 2018 10:39:59 pm
      That’s almost as most as Messi makes I believe, absurd amount of money.

I’ve always found kinda weird that no top team has shown any real interest in getting him from Dortmund.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #33543: Jan 08, 2018 10:40:55 pm
      Because he is overrated and not as good as we think he is.... and Firmino is better :)

I love Bobby mate but I don't thinks Pierre is overrated at all. Lads a Star and would bang in goals for us, but not to be, he can F**k off his career in China now.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #33544: Jan 08, 2018 10:56:40 pm
      Seen some chap from bein sports say “Liverpool fans, brace yourself or tomorrow” on Twitter, and the Melissa Reddy say “Liverpool fans, unbrace yourselves right now” :laugh:

Love the transfer window me!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #33545: Jan 08, 2018 10:58:40 pm
      Seen some chap from bein sports say “Liverpool fans, brace yourself or tomorrow” on Twitter, and the Melissa Reddy say “Liverpool fans, unbrace yourselves right now” :laugh:

Love the transfer window me!

Just came in to say the same:

https://twitter.com/DerekMacSport/status/950459401839751168

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/950498811822198790

*sighs*
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #33546: Jan 08, 2018 11:24:40 pm
      Hands up if you’re shitting yourself at the thought of going to the Nou Camp or the likes with one of the chuckle brothers in goal?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #33547: Jan 09, 2018 02:35:38 am
      Nah, she doesn't live there anymore.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #33548: Jan 09, 2018 09:07:46 am
      Yes and they wouldn't have pay that much without Coutinho leaving!

Sorry mate, but that's not true and you know it.

signing VVD has nothing to do with Coutinho leaving. It's just a made up conspiracy theory that was made just to pin everything on the owners. 
      Tt was Klopp's decision to sell Coutinho, not the owners and it will be Klopp's decision to buy players and look for a replacement.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #33549: Jan 09, 2018 10:11:23 am

signing VVD has nothing to do with Coutinho leaving. It's just a made up conspiracy theory that was made just to pin everything on the owners. 
      Tt was Klopp's decision to sell Coutinho, not the owners and it will be Klopp's decision to buy players and look for a replacement.

The only thing that will convince me otherwise is the arrival of Lamar this Jan. We've only spent under FSG using money from star player sales.
      Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #33550: Jan 09, 2018 10:16:42 am

What ever anyone says it's speculation mate. Given the public stance of the owners on Coutinho in the summer it seemed to be very much their decision not to sell him at that time so who really knows who's decision it was to let him go in this window. I suspect that Klopp and the owners were on a similar page tbh.

As for the conspiracy theory you allude to, it's hardly that mate. FSG have a histor spending big only when they have sold big. We've spent big twice on VVD and Keita but those fees are balanced out by the sale of Coutinho. Even had they not sold him during this window it was clear he would have been sold in the summer.
      Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #33551: Jan 09, 2018 10:19:06 am
      I see a few reports linking Rakitic with a move from Barca (probably in the summer). Exactly the sort of player we should be looking at and in my opinion someone who should have been talked about once it was established that they were going to sell Coutinho. He would be perfect for us. Klopp liked Gundogan at Dortmund but this lad is twice the player.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #33552: Jan 09, 2018 10:25:01 am
      What ever anyone says it's speculation mate. Given the public stance of the owners on Coutinho in the summer it seemed to be very much their decision not to sell him at that time so who really knows who's decision it was to let him go in this window. I suspect that Klopp and the owners were on a similar page tbh.

As for the conspiracy theory you allude to, it's hardly that mate. FSG have a histor spending big only when they have sold big. We've spent big twice on VVD and Keita but those fees are balanced out by the sale of Coutinho. Even had they not sold him during this window it was clear he would have been sold in the summer.

I believe in Klopp's words, his statement showed it. You can say it's a matter of faith, but I think it was his decision.

I don't believe the signings of Keita & VVD are hardly anything to do with Coutinho leaving mate. We will spend more money in the summer and I think that will be linked with Coutinho leaving.

We might end up spending 80m or 90m on Lemar or whoever, then the fees of VVD and Keita won't be balanced out as we thought to believe. All I care about is Klopp being backed by the owners, that's what matters the most and there is nothing that is being proven otherwise

The only thing that will convince me otherwise is the arrival of Lamar this Jan. We've only spent under FSG using money from star player sales.

We won't be signing him this Jan, Monaco would prefer to wait until the summer. I'm ok with that, as long as we sign him or someone of his quality we are all going to be happy.
      Kopite78
      Reply #33553: Jan 09, 2018 10:37:10 am

We won't be signing him this Jan, Monaco would prefer to wait until the summer. I'm ok with that, as long as we sign him or someone of his quality we are all going to be happy.

We cant and shouldnt be happy with waiting though

Again as those figures prove we have the money, there is zero doubt in that

I don't believe Monaco, if we are forced to sell in January, then they can be convinced, so if it takes an extra 10m...15m... We have to do it

The gamble to fail isnt worth it, to keep improving we need at the very least a top 4 finish again, if we fail on that then I guarentee  that lad will have more options on the table from Cl clubs.

So Monaco saying it can't be done is for me a negotiation tactic not a definitive no.

If we have decided he is the right option, regardless of a premium we have  to act this month.

Barca have proved you can get big players to move this month, it's right there.. So  if you identify a player, he wants to come there literally is no excuse apart from a financial one
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #33554: Jan 09, 2018 10:39:46 am
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #33555: Jan 09, 2018 10:42:17 am
       Coquelin maybe be leaving Arsenal too.... Better option than Henderson in my books
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #33556: Jan 09, 2018 11:19:24 am
      Any legs to the Strootman links? Blighted by injuries but has managed to clock pretty good minutes this season. Ideal #6 player, competition for (probably better than) Hendo. Would probably be available for a "decent" fee. Perfect replacement for Can, if Goretzka is ungettable!

Quick Reply