Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4218866 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #33626: Jan 10, 2018 02:42:10 pm
      There's also the other side of the argument.. in 5 years Coutinho probably had more reasons to stay here than Salah in 5months :f_tongueincheek:

Like finishing regularly 6-7th in the league  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33627: Jan 10, 2018 02:53:08 pm
      Would love us to meet Oblak from Athletico. I hear he has a release fee in the region of €50million and would surely be interested.

Losing Coutinho but gaining a keeper like him and Van Dijk, it would seriously soften the blow. I am confident enough in Lallana returning to form for Phil so lets continue to improve our defense and we still have a very formidable attack in Mo, Bobby and Mane.

Listening to TaW yesterday they talked about him.....biggest release clause on any keeper £100 million....crazy number but they said it 1/2 dozen times.
      Kopite78
      Reply #33628: Jan 10, 2018 02:54:54 pm
      Listening to TaW yesterday they talked about him.....biggest release clause on any keeper £100 million....crazy number but they said it 1/2 dozen times.

Yeah I think it was Mel Reddy who mentioned it first a week or two back when talking about him and say basically there's zero chance we would pay that
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #33629: Jan 10, 2018 03:00:21 pm
      Yeah I think it was Mel Reddy who mentioned it first a week or two back when talking about him and say basically there's zero chance we would pay that

She also said she would party for two weeks straight if we got Allison in so

So , lets party with Mel and get it done !
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #33630: Jan 10, 2018 03:07:07 pm
      One flash in the pan title run?

As opposed to season on season improvement now? (60 games running now at 2pts a game)

I'd say the future is currently brighter than at any point in those 5 years he was here. We have a far better squad depth wise and a longer term vision for improvement

Like finishing regularly 6-7th in the league  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

I was actually talking about the familly part.. his kid being born here or his friendship with Moreno and Firmino but can't Salah think like you guys ? This dude stayed here 5 years and has F**k all to show for it.. why should I wait for 5years to make the move ???

But of course all we can do is purely speculate.. we can know for sure when Real comes in and he responds with a definite 'No thank you' and by the way I really admire you're optimism after seeing all these great players leave for greener pastures it's not really a crazy thought that Salah could follow them isn't it :(

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #33631: Jan 10, 2018 10:21:47 pm
      Reports that Dani Ceballos wants to leave Real.
      Get it done Jürgen.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33632: Jan 10, 2018 10:50:05 pm
      Reports that Dani Ceballos wants to leave Real.
      Get it done Jürgen.

Huge potential. Industrial player that is a damn good footballer, him and Sergi Roberto are so wasted at their clubs.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #33633: Jan 10, 2018 11:27:47 pm
      Huge potential. Industrial player that is a damn good footballer, him and Sergi Roberto are so wasted at their clubs.

BIG fan of Sergi Roberto.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #33634: Jan 10, 2018 11:37:58 pm
      Reports from Germany reckon Leipzig are open to an early Keita release but it'll cost 13-15 million to get the deal done. Echo also running with the story. Suggested that they need some cash to meet ffp. It's a no brainier for me, we got a massively inflated price for Coutinho and they are playing with fire given the competition for top 4. Get the lad in asap and keep the rest of the dosh for the summer if indeed the manger was ever going to get to spend any of it.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33635: Jan 10, 2018 11:42:28 pm

I would have been happy taking no cash and trading Coutinho for S.Roberto tbh.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33636: Jan 10, 2018 11:43:26 pm
      Reports from Germany reckon Leipzig are open to an early Keita release but it'll cost 13-15 million to get the deal done. Echo also running with the story. Suggested that they need some cash to meet ffp. It's a no brainier for me, we got a massively inflated price for Coutinho and they are playing with fire given the competition for top 4. Get the lad in asap and keep the rest of the dosh for the summer if indeed the manger was ever going to get to spend any of it.

F**k me, I'd have been happy with us paying them 30m to take him early, 13-15m would be crazy!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33637: Jan 11, 2018 12:49:44 am
      That's not how I read it mate don't recall the source now but it was suggesti the 30m would be an immediate incentive.

This wasn't the original source i saw it from but it's along the same lines.

Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez is so desperate to leave the Gunners this month that he’s prepared to give up a £25m signing-on fee to sign for Manchester City in the January transfer window.

The Chile international is out of contract at the end of the season and is free to sign a pre-contract agreement with overseas clubs. Manchester City lead the race for the Chilean and know that they can sign him for free at the end of the season.

City had offered Sanchez a signing-on fee of around £25m to let his Arsenal deal run out and move to the Etihad in the summer of 2018. However, Pep Guardiola wants Sanchez in January after Gabriel Jesus was ruled out for two months and Sanchez is prepared to waive his signing-on fee to seal his move to the Etihad in the next three weeks.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/08/alexis-sanchez-waives-25m-signing-fee-push-manchester-city-transfer-month-7214551/?ito=cbshare
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #33638: Jan 11, 2018 01:49:01 am
      This wasn't the original source i saw it from but it's along the same lines.

Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez is so desperate to leave the Gunners this month that he’s prepared to give up a £25m signing-on fee to sign for Manchester City in the January transfer window.

The Chile international is out of contract at the end of the season and is free to sign a pre-contract agreement with overseas clubs. Manchester City lead the race for the Chilean and know that they can sign him for free at the end of the season.

City had offered Sanchez a signing-on fee of around £25m to let his Arsenal deal run out and move to the Etihad in the summer of 2018. However, Pep Guardiola wants Sanchez in January after Gabriel Jesus was ruled out for two months and Sanchez is prepared to waive his signing-on fee to seal his move to the Etihad in the next three weeks.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/08/alexis-sanchez-waives-25m-signing-fee-push-manchester-city-transfer-month-7214551/?ito=cbshare

Yea fair play mate must have misread it.

Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33639: Jan 11, 2018 08:58:51 am
      Paying extra for Naby for a couple of extra months, while he cannot play in the champions league would be silly.

would rather put that money towards improving another area, making us stronger next season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #33640: Jan 11, 2018 09:11:30 am
      Paying extra for Naby for a couple of extra months, while he cannot play in the champions league would be silly.

would rather put that money towards improving another area, making us stronger next season.

We have the money so it makes complete sense to make sure we give ourselves the best chance of achieving Top 4 and maybe even a shot at the FA Cup.
      It would also mean we can rest the likes of Lallana for CL.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #33641: Jan 11, 2018 09:13:50 am
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #33642: Jan 11, 2018 09:52:09 am
      If we do end up moving for Keita, how pathetic and yet so like us would it be to make our big January signing a player that... we already signed.

Also, all of this talk about "player x replacing player y" is really getting absurd.  Keita is a central, box to box midfielder.  Coutinho was an attacking midfielder for us, who occasionally played in the front three.  Keita would NOT be replacing him.

You might as well say van Dijk is Emre Can's replacement.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33643: Jan 11, 2018 10:08:42 am

paul joyce
      (@_pualjoyce)

Liverpool not interested in bringing Naby Keita deal forward

that pretty much ends that speculation, getting quite used to the words Liverpool and not interested this month. That and monitoring are our two favourite things.

the club should just release a statement saying how we are not interested in improving our squad and how we are not interested in ensuring top 4 this season as we continue to monitor players.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33644: Jan 11, 2018 10:20:35 am
      paul joyce
      (@_pualjoyce)

Liverpool not interested in bringing Naby Keita deal forward

that pretty much ends that speculation, getting quite used to the words Liverpool and not interested this month. That and monitoring are our two favourite things.

the club should just release a statement saying how we are not interested in improving our squad and how we are not interested in ensuring top 4 this season as we continue to monitor players.

If its true that it would only cost another £15 million to get him now then it is a bit weird, but I guess it just means that Klopp feels comfortable with the players he already has OR there is a signing in the pipeline. I'm not going to freak out until 1st Feb.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #33645: Jan 11, 2018 10:38:35 am

That's a fake account mate.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #33646: Jan 11, 2018 10:57:22 am

ah yes, sorry my apologies
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3922 
      Reply #33647: Jan 11, 2018 11:48:27 am
      Can we just F***ing sign someone please for F**k sake. We have so much money!!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #33648: Jan 11, 2018 11:50:53 am
      Can we just f**king sign someone please for f**k sake. We have so much money!!!

Did we not sign VVD?

Quick Reply