Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4231023 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,189 posts | 165 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34339: Jan 30, 2018 07:55:23 am
      No thanks. Didn't really have that much impact for us before...don't think he would now either.

He would have a much bigger impact than Solanke for sure.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #34340: Jan 30, 2018 11:37:11 am
      letting Courts and Sturry leave has wrecked out chances of doing the best we can.

not bringing in more players to strengthen the squad have hampered our chances of doing the best we can

this is all down to the club and the decision makers.

us fans are again left to suffer. im so angry, disappointed, helpless, frustrated and dam right down in the dumps over this. I have to try and remind myself that it is just football and im used to us not winning anything and being pretty average.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #34341: Jan 30, 2018 11:41:56 am
      Breaking News......

LFC announce they have reluctantly agreed to sell Naby Keita to Real Madrid in 2019 for Ā£150m.

Heā€™ll be loaned to Madrid for season 2018-19 for a fee of Ā£30m (LFC will pay the fee upfront out of the Ā£150m) with an option for Liverpool to buy back after hell freezes over.......

JĆ¼rgen Klopp confirms there was nothing he could do to keep Naby - mostly cos he hasnā€™t even f***inā€™ arrived yet and there are strong stalking rules in Germany.

Jesus sufferinā€™ f**k weā€™re a basket case on transfers......would you be THAT surprised?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #34342: Jan 30, 2018 11:46:36 am
      Breaking News......

LFC announce they have reluctantly agreed to sell Naby Keita to Real Madrid in 2019 for Ā£150m.

Heā€™ll be loaned to Madrid for season 2018-19 for a fee of Ā£30m (LFC will pay the fee upfront out of the Ā£150m) with an option for Liverpool to buy back after hell freezes over.......

JĆ¼rgen Klopp confirms there was nothing he could do to keep Naby - mostly cos he hasnā€™t even f***inā€™ arrived yet and there are strong stalking rules in Germany.

Jesus sufferinā€™ f**k weā€™re a basket case on transfers......would you be THAT surprised?

Not forgetting the other Ā£100 million they'll spend on Salah too!! ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34343: Jan 30, 2018 12:14:01 pm
      We should be blowing Arsenal out of the water for Auba and there's no way we should have let Spuds get Moura for 25 F***ing millions pounds!!! What the F**k is going on at our Club???
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #34344: Jan 30, 2018 01:02:38 pm
      We should be blowing Arsenal out of the water for Auba and there's no way we should have let Spuds get Moura for 25 f**king millions pounds!!! What the f**k is going on at our Club???

Balancing the books mate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #34345: Jan 30, 2018 01:03:48 pm
      Iā€™m not sure how loaning put a player that was never playing is such a big deal. If Firmino goes down Klopp is obviously going to go with Dom or Ings (or play one of Ox, Mane or Salah up top?) and feels he has enough depth to rotate other positions as well. Itā€™s not personally what I would do but Iā€™ll be damned, no one has offered me a premier league position as manager yet.
      Either way, if weā€™d just go all out for a quality keeper, I think I could live with that this window and I think it would help us immensely. Signing only VVD (who should have been here this summer) isnā€™t good enough in this window. That said, we ainā€™t going all out for a keeper or anyone else sadly.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #34346: Jan 30, 2018 01:14:40 pm
      Manchester City ā€œnot competingā€ in the transfer market for defenders.....

2014: Mangala Ā£42m
      2015: Otamendi Ā£40m
      2016: Stones Ā£48m
      2017: Walker Ā£50m
      2017: Danillo: Ā£27m
      2017: Mendy Ā£52m
      2018: Laporte Ā£58m

Total: Ā£317m

I reckon weā€™ve spent c.Ā£130m incl VVD over same timeframe on the defence.....
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2018 01:28:29 pm by Scotia »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #34347: Jan 30, 2018 01:29:02 pm
      Manchester City ā€œnot competingā€ in the transfer market for defenders.....

2014: Mangala Ā£42m
      2015: Otamendi Ā£40m
      2016: Stones Ā£48m
      2017: Walker Ā£50m
      2017: Danillo: Ā£27m
      2017: Mendy Ā£52m
      2018: Laporte Ā£58m

Total: Ā£317m

I reckon weā€™ve spent c.Ā£130m incl VVD over same timeframe on the defence.....

And Pep ā€œnot competingā€ overall since he came in........

Pep Guardiola
      Man City spending by position:

Ā£55.8m - Goalkeepers
      Ā£233.1m - Defenders
      Ā£114.4m - Midfielders
      Ā£49.1m - Forwards
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34348: Jan 30, 2018 02:00:20 pm
      Iā€™m not sure how loaning put a player that was never playing is such a big deal. If Firmino goes down Klopp is obviously going to go with Dom or Ings (or play one of Ox, Mane or Salah up top?) and feels he has enough depth to rotate other positions as well.

I agree. If we had kept Coutinho and with VVD in and Sturridge out, I'd still put us top 4 and probably 2nd!!! And CL with the possibility of winning it, absolutely.

tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #34349: Jan 30, 2018 02:38:08 pm
      Its crime really we are letting all players to other rivals. Please don't tell me Auba or Moura wouldn't add options to our attack.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34350: Jan 30, 2018 02:39:06 pm
      I agree. If we had kept Coutinho and with VVD in and Sturridge out, I'd still put us top 4 and probably 2nd!!! And CL with the possibility of winning it, absolutely.

We really need to make a signing this window, otherwise the fans will turn on Klopp and the owners with a few more bad results. I'd pay whatever Roma want for Alison Becker plus try to get Mahrez. Looking at our competitors strengthening we need to do the same.
      Thewingmaker44
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #34351: Jan 30, 2018 03:26:19 pm
      Manchester City adding to their squad when they donā€™t really need to whereas Liverpool are selling numerous players this window and bringing in nobody. The reason theyā€™re winning the league & Liverpool have yet another year of no silverware. Awful mentality
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #34352: Jan 30, 2018 03:33:32 pm

Are we complaining about this signing?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,459 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34353: Jan 30, 2018 03:36:06 pm
      Its crime really we are letting all players to other rivals. Please don't tell me Auba or Moura wouldn't add options to our attack.

Calling west brom a rival ?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #34354: Jan 30, 2018 04:10:53 pm
      City apparently going in for Mahrez now.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34355: Jan 30, 2018 04:23:11 pm
      I believe that because Leicester City won the Title on the cheap it may have added encouragement to FSG that "This" is the way to go, and that doing it "Their way" will,in the end, reap rewards
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34356: Jan 30, 2018 04:26:27 pm
      I believe that because Leicester City won the Title on the cheap it may have added encouragement to FSG that "This" is the way to go, and that doing it "Their way" will,in the end, reap rewards

Oh for God sake, is it not possible, that maybe, just maybe, the issue is with the manager rather than the owners? Do you really think they are saying to Klopp that he is not allowed to touch the money from the Coutinho sale, if so why, it literally makes no sense for them to do that from any perspective, certainly not a business perspective?
      Kopite78
      Reply #34357: Jan 30, 2018 04:30:54 pm
      Oh for God sake, is it not possible, that maybe, just maybe, the issue is with the manager rather than the owners? Do you really think they are saying to Klopp that he is not allowed to touch the money from the Coutinho sale, if so why, it literally makes no sense for them to do that from any perspective, certainly not a business perspective?

Yes

Here's why

Try to open your eyes to other views than defending the owners

Klopp says he has final say on players he wants but the money men do the deals

Klopp says I want Lemar ( for example) as Coutinhos replacement.. seriously who do you think stops that happening? Think about it

Lamar the replacement... go do the deal

They go do the deal ... the deal falls down

Because we won't push the boat on a fee? Probably

You honestly think Klopp identifies or green lights a replacement but then says

don't you f**king dare attempt to get him this month..  I only want him in the summer... you best not spend whatever it takes, you best not give me the best opportunity to succeed or I'll be really upset
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #34358: Jan 30, 2018 04:47:31 pm
      We aren't finishing 4th, disaster of a window.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #34359: Jan 30, 2018 05:17:29 pm
      .... dum de dum ..... continual sound of expectant tapping fingers ...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34360: Jan 30, 2018 05:20:56 pm
      Yes

Here's why

Try to open your eyes to other views than defending the owners

Klopp says he has final say on players he wants but the money men do the deals

Klopp says I want Lemar ( for example) as Coutinhos replacement.. seriously who do you think stops that happening? Think about it

Lamar the replacement... go do the deal

They go do the deal ... the deal falls down

Because we won't push the boat on a fee? Probably

You honestly think Klopp identifies or green lights a replacement but then says

don't you f**king dare attempt to get him this month..  I only want him in the summer... you best not spend whatever it takes, you best not give me the best opportunity to succeed or I'll be really upset

OK lets suppose that is correct, why would Klopp remain as manager with us if this happens window after window, is he a glutton for punishment? You see that's the part that make no sense to me, the fact that in every single interview Klopp says he is happy with the owners and that he has money available and then there is not even the smallest rumour anywhere of him being unhappy with the owners. Now I've tried to see it from your perspective, why don't you try to see it from mine, just try.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #34361: Jan 30, 2018 05:42:15 pm
      .... dum de dum ..... continual sound of expectant tapping fingers ...

Reminds me of turning my key in the lock when I was under age and had been to the pub....

ā€œHonest Dad, Iā€™ll be in by 11ā€

Itā€™s gone 1, heā€™s got work in the morning, I turn my key so quietly.......and there it is......

ā€œDum......de dum......ā€

Iā€™m about to be eviscerated 😞

Quick Reply