Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4278145 times
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34385: Jan 31, 2018 04:29:53 pm
      Yep your point being?

Would f**king love our subs to come on and bang some goals in like he does.

My point being.. We are not lacking goals whatsoever. We bang in 3-4 goals in a game and our problem is clearly not an inability to score goals but an inability to defend those goals. So, Giroud is not needed now just because of the fact that he is available.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34386: Jan 31, 2018 04:45:10 pm
      My point being.. We are not lacking goals whatsoever. We bang in 3-4 goals in a game and our problem is clearly not an inability to score goals but an inability to defend those goals. So, Giroud is not needed now just because of the fact that he is available.

But we do not have an impact sub, haven't had for quite some time. In fact when is the last time a sub came on for us in the last 20-30 minutes and got a goal?
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #34387: Jan 31, 2018 05:02:52 pm
      But we do not have an impact sub, haven't had for quite some time. In fact when is the last time a sub came on for us in the last 20-30 minutes and got a goal?

We haven't. But, do we need an impact sub in a position that is wealthier than other positions? Should we buy a player as an impact sub when the starting 11 (other positions) has a lot of scope for improvement?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34388: Jan 31, 2018 05:07:12 pm
      We haven't. But, do we need an impact sub in a position that is wealthier than other positions? Should we buy a player as an impact sub when the starting 11 (other positions) has a lot of scope for improvement?

Yes because we don't have any attacker like Giroud, ie one that is tall, strong and can head in some goals.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #34389: Jan 31, 2018 05:12:16 pm
      Yes because we don't have any attacker like Giroud, ie one that is tall, strong and can head in some goals.

Agreed, we need someone that can impact the game. Solanke and Ings just F***ing run a lot and do little else (from what I’ve seen so far)
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34390: Jan 31, 2018 05:14:31 pm

Yeah just like Benteke who the manager truly rated for this job as he employs throw the kitchen sink tactics...oh wait.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #34391: Jan 31, 2018 05:20:14 pm
      Giroud a very underrated player IMO but clearly not a Klopp type signing (although in fairness we have started crossing it a lot in recent weeks).
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #34392: Jan 31, 2018 05:22:03 pm

And, yet we have scored 57 goals, second only to City.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34393: Jan 31, 2018 05:51:15 pm
      Can't believe we're not going to bring anyone in
      It seems crazy that we are not, but I can believe it
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34394: Jan 31, 2018 05:54:09 pm
      I kind of agree that January is not ideal for business but then again if you look at the likes of Giroud going for £17 million you think hmm, surely worth a punt as an extra option in attack.
      Totally agree with you, if we can spunk £40m on the Ox then why not £17m on Giroud...?? Will score way more goals than the Ox
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #34395: Jan 31, 2018 05:54:22 pm
      Kirsty Gallagher is the only interesting thing on SSN transfer deadline day show.
      God she’s F***ing fit I’d love to .
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #34396: Jan 31, 2018 05:55:36 pm
      Kirsty Gallagher is the only interesting thing on SSN transfer deadline day show.
      God she’s f**king fit I’d love to .....

.....finish a sentence?  :f_tongueincheek:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34397: Jan 31, 2018 05:55:42 pm
      On Auba, Klopp said that his playing position is not a position we are looking to strengthen. So, we are not targeting a front man. Personally, I am not a big fan of Giroud. As an Arsenal player he has made a better mark as an impact sub than a regular starter. My personal opinion is to not go for Arsenal's deadwood. Also, in the recent past, we have made a lot of such punts (value for money) by going for quantity over quality. Klopp has clearly made a stand against this approach. The number of games that we need to play has considerably reduced as we are going to compete for top 4 and (hopefully) go deep in the CL. Klopp would probably want to take a risk with what he has rather than go for whatever is available.
      We bought the Ox
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34398: Jan 31, 2018 05:59:20 pm
      Can't believe we're not going to bring anyone in

Why the surprise, klopp has been saying it for the last couple of weeks
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #34399: Jan 31, 2018 06:10:41 pm

Who was offered a 180k pw deal and not forced out
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #34400: Jan 31, 2018 06:46:02 pm
      Also, Klopp has repeatedly said in the past that he doesn't want to do business in the winter transfer window. I don't think he bought a lot of players in January at Dortmund.

Which is a strange principle, considering some of of best players in recent years (Suarez, Sturridge, Cou) were bought at a bargain in January.
      Klopp could be frustratingly stubborn in some aspects of his managerial style.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34401: Jan 31, 2018 07:25:52 pm
      We did our business in the summer. Alex is the replacement for Coutinho and what we couldn't do in the summer has been done in this window(VVD). Sturridge was never in Klopp's plans as I think he gave up on him last season. Also, Klopp has repeatedly said in the past that he doesn't want to do business in the winter transfer window. I don't think he bought a lot of players in January at Dortmund.

Klopp also said maybe it was a mistake not to strengthen last Jan!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #34402: Jan 31, 2018 07:38:40 pm
      Suppose it's a good thing we haven't signed anyone.

We would have sold salah first!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #34403: Jan 31, 2018 07:45:55 pm
      I'm glad the window is over so we can put it behind us but that said. 4th place is on line and we are still in CL.
      Maybe we should have strengthen, it all comes down to result tho. If our players get injured or burned out by playing too many games then it all falls. Our whole season. Just think it's a big gamble.
      don't believe in that there arent any good players available in January. Just a myth.

if we don't qualify for CL next year then we haven't improve. Sounds harsh, but it's all about the results.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #34404: Jan 31, 2018 07:46:12 pm

I’ll do it ‘...bang her!’
      Kopite78
      Reply #34405: Jan 31, 2018 07:48:20 pm
      I’ll do it ‘...bang her!’

You old romantic you

Are you a poet by any chance? 🙄
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #34406: Jan 31, 2018 07:55:23 pm
      Totally agree with you, if we can spunk £40m on the Ox then why not £17m on Giroud...?? Will score way more goals than the Ox

Was never ever an option for us as his wife wanted to stay in London hence why aresenal didnt just swap him for Auba and not strengthern a rival which obviously wouldve been their preference.

So it was a london club or nothing.

Sometimes transfers arent as simple as football manager where a team offers 17m so that player MUST be available to anyone who will pay 17m
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #34407: Jan 31, 2018 09:00:09 pm
      Seen spuds unveiling Lucas in halftime, a bit envy if spuds. Always been a fan of Lucas. Can't help but feeling bit sad 😑

Quick Reply