Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4261349 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,224 posts | 4418 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35190: May 18, 2018 08:54:35 pm
      Speaking of Dembeles, how about Mousa, currently going into the last year of his contract with Spurs? Him in a holding role , with Hendo and Keita either side, would be quite a useful midfield 3.

Really like him but I think he is off to China for his final pension pay off.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35191: May 18, 2018 09:00:36 pm
      Speaking of Dembeles, how about Mousa, currently going into the last year of his contract with Spurs? Him in a holding role , with Hendo and Keita either side, would be quite a useful midfield 3.

Been thinking about it a lot, I don't think we should go for a holding midfielder anymore. I really think, Wijnaldum, Hendo and Keita (if needed) would be enough to challenge for the CL and league.

Rabiot would be the perfect midfield signing, predominantly a box-boxer, but can play #6 and supposedly attacking mid too.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35192: May 18, 2018 09:06:07 pm
      Been thinking about it a lot, I don't think we should go for a holding midfielder anymore. I really think, Wijnaldum, Hendo and Keita (if needed) would be enough to challenge for the CL and league.

Rabiot would be the perfect midfield signing, predominantly a box-boxer, but can play #6 and supposedly attacking mid too.

Rabiot or Jorginho I would be more than happy with, sadly I don’t think either will happen. Wouldn’t mind Neves too though.

But, if we have to make do without any, I think Gini could do well there
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35193: May 18, 2018 09:22:49 pm
      But, if we have to make do without any, I think Gini could do well there

Wijnaldum would be majestic there, and partnered with Keita, I can see them dominating the midfield with ease.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35194: May 18, 2018 09:28:04 pm
      Does anyone seriously think a player considers the average net spend in the past half decade of the football club they're about to join? :D

I get all the arguments for our purposes here, they're just not relevant for the players. As a rule they want money and success. Exceptions apply, but they're rare.

So this is not any sort of criticism of Klopp or the club or anything else, it's just basic common sense really
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35195: May 18, 2018 09:29:10 pm

I love Rabiot. He'd be fantastic. Isnt he a LFC fan as well?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35196: May 18, 2018 09:34:36 pm

Quote from: Rabiot
      There are a lot of very good leagues. It’s also enriching to go elsewhere, but for the moment I’m happy at PSG

I would love to play in the Premier League. There’s not necessarily any club in particular, even though when I was young I was a big Liverpool fan.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/10/psg-midfielder-adrien-rabiot-makes-interesting-admission-liverpool/

I remember watching him in a couple of CL matches before and thinking wow. He was box-boxing in those games and similar to what Milner has been doing for us.  I also remember you going on and on about him like how I have been doing for Jorginho :p

I think we should give it a shot and try for him this summer, even if he is worth 50-60m, he will no doubt be a colossal player for us imo.
      « Last Edit: May 18, 2018 09:39:33 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #35197: May 18, 2018 09:43:46 pm

What makes us think he'd be available, though?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,653 posts | 3885 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35198: May 18, 2018 11:30:55 pm

Yeah he posted about Anfield on Instagram and got abuse from his own fans
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #35199: May 19, 2018 12:00:10 am

I get all the arguments for our purposes here, they're just not relevant for the players. As a rule they want money and success. Exceptions apply, but they're rare.

Maybe rare is what Klopp is going for. (i.e. Virgil).
      Begs
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 112 posts | 13 
      Reply #35200: May 19, 2018 02:55:55 am
      Ok...maybe I am the only one thinking it...Buffon??? Good idea? Bad Idea? I dont hate the idea...dont love it.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #35201: May 19, 2018 03:25:59 am
      If I go to the fridge and one of the dairy product is months out of date, would I consider eating it?  Hell no!   
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #35202: May 19, 2018 06:34:29 am
      You lot should stop wanking over the appeal of Pep.

He's not some kind of never seen before football maestro with ground breaking new revolutionary methods to transform football; he's just a more classier version of Maureen who couldn't get his success without unlimited funds.

Barca and Bayern were already dominating with some of the best players in the world and at City he has just added more and more. All down to funds and no more.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35203: May 19, 2018 08:59:49 am

He's not some kind of never seen before football maestro with ground breaking new revolutionary methods to transform football; he's just a more classier version of Maureen who couldn't get his success without unlimited funds.

Barca and Bayern were already dominating with some of the best players in the world and at City he has just added more and more. All down to funds and no more.

Haha again, your opinion is irrelevant, we're not discussing Pep's appeal to posters in a LFC fans forum, but to footballers.

The stuff you use against him, such as having "unlimited funds", is something that is actually appealing to players, for they want to earn as much as possible, and win as regularly as possible. And Pep is well known for having a significant impact wherever he goes, hence the best ever campaigns (in points totals) in both Germany and England. Yeah, it was done for a lot of money, but so what? The idea that a footballer thinks "I prefer to play for that other club because they don't spend so much money" is ridiculous. "I want to win trophies, but I want to do it on the cheap, preferably earning less in the process, just to prove a romantic point about football" isn't exactly a top priority for most players.

Even Gerrard was on the verge of signing for Mourinho at Chelsea at one point, and it wasn't because he thought they were a classy club with a lot of history, but rather because they had a proven winner as a manager with loads of cash. Thankfully he was in the small minority that preferred staying.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35204: May 19, 2018 09:01:55 am
      What makes us think he'd be available, though?

I don't, really, he's a great player, very young and home grown at PSG if I'm not mistaken. So they'd have to be seriously stupid to let him go. The only way I could see that happening was if the player forced it but not very likely
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,726 posts | 3739 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #35205: May 19, 2018 09:54:55 am
      No thanks, if Gigi felt still good, he would have stayed with Juventus.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,972 posts | 5031 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #35206: May 19, 2018 10:10:03 am
      F**k yeah, he won't be playing every week or every month for that matter but, imagine him as a player GK coach, called upon only when required, his experiences alone would enhance Karius and whoever no end,
      It's extremely unlikely to happen but you just can't buy experience like he has.

YNWA
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #35207: May 19, 2018 10:14:47 am
      Haha again, your opinion is irrelevant, we're not discussing Pep's appeal to posters in a LFC fans forum, but to footballers.

The stuff you use against him, such as having "unlimited funds", is something that is actually appealing to players, for they want to earn as much as possible, and win as regularly as possible. And Pep is well known for having a significant impact wherever he goes, hence the best ever campaigns (in points totals) in both Germany and England. Yeah, it was done for a lot of money, but so what? The idea that a footballer thinks "I prefer to play for that other club because they don't spend so much money" is ridiculous. "I want to win trophies, but I want to do it on the cheap, preferably earning less in the process, just to prove a romantic point about football" isn't exactly a top priority for most players.

Even Gerrard was on the verge of signing for Mourinho at Chelsea at one point, and it wasn't because he thought they were a classy club with a lot of history, but rather because they had a proven winner as a manager with loads of cash. Thankfully he was in the small minority that preferred staying.
      Honestly mate, I think some people do it for likes on here. As if them downplaying the achievements of others makes them more of a Liverpool fan. Anyone who can’t give credit to someone like Pep, regardless of the funds he has at his disposal, is not worth listening to from a football perspective.

Have Barca won 6 trophies in a calendar year before Pep or since? Have any team for that matter? Have any PL team managed 100 points in a season? He also now holds the record in La Liga, Bundesliga and PL for most consecutive league wins (which might not mean a great deal but impressive nonetheless).

I think the truth of it is that Pep couldn’t do what Klopp has done as a manager and - maybe - vice versa. What can’t be denied though is that these are two of the best in the game.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #35208: May 19, 2018 10:59:56 am
      No. He's 40.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #35209: May 19, 2018 11:57:24 am

I think he's been 40 for 20 years now
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #35210: May 19, 2018 12:03:56 pm

He's not some kind of never seen before football maestro with ground breaking new revolutionary methods to transform football

He is actually....
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #35211: May 19, 2018 12:12:38 pm
      One credible link to Dembele from Barca and will lose my sh*t royally.......

I honestly believe that kid is an outrageous talent.......just needing a hug from Kloppo to get back on track :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #35212: May 19, 2018 01:51:45 pm

He's actually not. If you put Klopp in charge of Pep's team this year, they'd have won the triple. Put Guardiola in  charge of our team and they wouldn't be in a CL final like we are.

Quick Reply