Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4253698 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35627: Jun 11, 2018 02:00:44 am
      What are yalls thoughts on Nick Pope in as GK? I like the idea!!!

No.

If we aren’t buying someone that’s a clear upgrade, just keep Karius.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,217 posts | 1106 
      Reply #35628: Jun 11, 2018 02:19:18 am
      No.

He’s pretty damn good boss.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #35629: Jun 11, 2018 04:54:44 am
      No.

Did he make some top class saves against us this past season?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35630: Jun 11, 2018 07:32:03 am
      If we sign pope will the club announce him with white smoke ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35631: Jun 11, 2018 08:03:21 am
      Still that’s what, a month? And anyone at the World Cup won’t be available for transfer I’m assuming.

and how many transfers have Citeh, Manure, Chavs and the Arse doen yet then, How about Real Madrid, Barca, PSG, Bayern etc etc. It seems we are the only club to actually complete any business so far so stop with this tedious FSG bashing, it really is extremely boring every bloody transfer window.
      Kopite78
      Reply #35632: Jun 11, 2018 08:51:16 am
      and how many transfers have Citeh, Manure, Chavs and the Arse doen yet then, How about Real Madrid, Barca, PSG, Bayern etc etc. It seems we are the only club to actually complete any business so far so stop with this tedious FSG bashing, it really is extremely boring every bloody transfer window.

Arsenal have done one and utd two so far haven't they?

I'm not concerned by the way.. there's plenty of time for transfers.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #35633: Jun 11, 2018 09:13:49 am
      Still that’s what, a month? And anyone at the World Cup won’t be available for transfer I’m assuming.

I could be wrong but I am under the impression that we bought El Hadji Diouf during the world cup.And what a waste of space he was.

Kopite78
      Reply #35634: Jun 11, 2018 09:24:14 am
      I could be wrong but I am under the impression that we bought El Hadji Diouf during the world cup.And what a waste of space he was.

If memory serves Billy we had both him and Diou done prior to that world cup because I remember going into the opening game wanting to watch them in their first game against France? I think it was

We'd sorted it out and turned down Anelka prior the the tournament

But yeah.. what a waste of space him
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,495 posts | 232 
      Reply #35635: Jun 11, 2018 12:49:59 pm
      If memory serves Billy we had both him and Diou done prior to that world cup because I remember going into the opening game wanting to watch them in their first game against France? I think it was

We'd sorted it out and turned down Anelka prior the the tournament

But yeah.. what a waste of space him

Correct. It was a myth that we bought those two for their world cup performances where we were linked to both  before.And we signed a pre-contract with Diao before the first game.  Even the TV host said so!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35636: Jun 11, 2018 05:25:02 pm
      Rui Patricio (GK), William Carvalho (DM), Bruno Fernandes (CM) and Gelson Martins (RW) have rescinded their contracts with Sporting, following the attack from supporters to the club's training base. This is incredible - those were their best players, and their best hope of getting some great money in the transfer market, and they'll leave on free transfers.

LFC, please, please do something about it. Incredible opportunity. I'd take them all to LFC, especially Rui Patricio and Bruno Fernandes.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35637: Jun 11, 2018 05:30:15 pm
      Rui Patricio (GK), William Carvalho (DM), Bruno Fernandes (CM) and Gelson Martins (RW) have rescinded their contracts with Sporting, following the attack from supporters to the club's training base. This is incredible - those were their best players, and their best hope of getting some great money in the transfer market, and they'll leave on free transfers.

LFC, please, please do something about it. Incredible opportunity. I'd take them all to LFC, especially Rui Patricio and Bruno Fernandes.

Rui Patricio is still playing? It seems like he has been around forever!!! Just did a google and he is only 30, but looks like he is joining Wolves.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35638: Jun 11, 2018 05:34:00 pm
      Rui Patricio is still playing? It seems like he has been around forever!!! Just did a google and he is only 30, but looks like he is joining Wolves.

He was heavily linked to Napoli during the season, and more recently to Wolves. I expect him to join them, but I'd love him at LFC. He's a very solid goalkeeper and on a free it's a no brainer. Better than what we have, that's for sure.

Gelson Martins has a rawer talent than Bruno, but I'd also take him as a squad option if feasible. He'd be a good backup option for our front three, very fast and skilful player. Bruno Fernandes, for me, is an incredible talent. And William Carvalho is a reliable defensive midfielder, again not a priority since we now have Fabinho, but a good player too.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35639: Jun 11, 2018 05:34:10 pm

Without doubt have to go for Bruno Fernandes, surely?! That would take some of the sting out of not getting Fekir. Am I right in saying he got about 30 assists in the last year?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35640: Jun 11, 2018 05:36:00 pm
      Without doubt have to go for Bruno Fernandes, surely?! That would take some of the sting out of not getting Fekir. Am I right in saying he got about 30 assists in the last year?

30 assists would be insane but no, I don't think he did. According to whoscored.com he had 17 goals and 12 assists in 2017/18
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35641: Jun 11, 2018 05:37:40 pm
      30 assists would be insane but no, I don't think he did. According to whoscored.com he had 17 goals and 12 assists in 2017/18

Thing I was reading says he had 20 assists, misread it as a 3....maybe I need glasses!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35642: Jun 11, 2018 05:39:59 pm

Rui Patricio nailed on to Wolves !!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #35643: Jun 11, 2018 06:12:11 pm
      Thing I was reading says he had 20 assists, misread it as a 3....maybe I need glasses!

Regardless, the Bruno Fernandes blue meth you and Diego are serving me is WAY better than the Nabil Fekir regular meth that I just ran out of.

Maybe it's just that I'm out and I'm shaking, but this Bruno sh*t is WAY better than the Shiqiri paint thinner I tried to sniff, so thank you Kenny and Diego. Just thank you!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #35644: Jun 11, 2018 06:24:43 pm
      We should be offering contracts to Martins and Fernandes. Both are quality players for positions we are looking to recruit for and we could get them for FREE!!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35645: Jun 11, 2018 06:42:38 pm
      The sporting players available on a free ? Meh
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #35646: Jun 11, 2018 07:37:25 pm
      The sporting players available on a free ? Meh

I can literally never tell if you are being serious or taking the piss.....you should play poker.
      danaxe
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #35647: Jun 11, 2018 08:39:17 pm
      Waiting around to get 1-2 players on a free transfer for such young quality players can be risky. I would rather see us making a solid bid trying to get the players before they terminate their contracts. 55-65 mil for both Bruno Fernandes and Gelson Martins would be a steal and Sporting might just be keen to listen to it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #35648: Jun 11, 2018 08:55:46 pm
      Waiting around to get 1-2 players on a free transfer for such young quality players can be risky. I would rather see us making a solid bid trying to get the players before they terminate their contracts. 55-65 mil for both Bruno Fernandes and Gelson Martins would be a steal and Sporting might just be keen to listen to it.

They can't listen to anything, the players' contracts are going to be terminated, they will be available on free transfers. Sporting has no recourse in this.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #35649: Jun 11, 2018 09:13:03 pm
      Seems a no trainer, so we'll dawdle

Quick Reply