Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4299236 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42688: Sep 10, 2020 10:22:22 am
      On a serious note I think the club could be sitting tight at the moment while other teams push their finances to the limits by taking out loans & the likes. We do have the best side in the country and that was reflected in last years campaign, so there certainly isn't any need for mass recruitment. In a couple of years time when we do need to start thinking about maybe replacing some of the key players as they start to reach their twilight years, you'd expect us to be in a good position financially (or at least better than most clubs) due to the financial prudence shown recently. A lot of rival clubs are taking big risks at the minute by taking out loans for Ā£100m+ with no concrete guarantee of when income levels will return to normal. Thankfully, due to the quality we already have we haven't had to do that
      « Last Edit: Sep 10, 2020 10:27:27 am by TameImpala »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42689: Sep 10, 2020 10:31:25 am
      To be fair, near enough every interview I've watched with Klopp finishes with "we will see, eh?"  ;D

He's been saying it for nearly 5 years.
      You'd think people would be used to it by now  :laugh:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #42690: Sep 10, 2020 10:36:28 am
      On a serious note I think the club could be sitting tight at the moment while other teams push their finances to the limits by taking out loans & the likes. We do have the best side in the country and that was reflected in last years campaign, so there certainly isn't any need for mass recruitment. In a couple of years time when we do need to start thinking about maybe replacing some of the key players as they start to reach their twilight years, you'd expect us to be in a good position financially (or at least better than most clubs) due to the financial prudence shown recently. A lot of rival clubs are taking big risks at the minute by taking out loans for Ā£100m+ with no concrete guarantee of when income levels will return to normal. Thankfully, due to the quality we already have we haven't had to do that

I think this is what a lot of people miss when they complain why other clubs are spending like it's monopoly money while we sit tight.

A lot of other clubs will need to risk spending and taking loans etc to try and bridge gaps. We simply do not have that pressing need and don't need to take huge risks and can sit tight and see how everything pans out over the coming weeks.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42691: Sep 10, 2020 10:41:11 am
      I think this is what a lot of people miss when they complain why other clubs are spending like it's monopoly money while we sit tight.

A lot of other clubs will need to risk spending and taking loans etc to try and bridge gaps. We simply do not have that pressing need and don't need to take huge risks and can sit tight and see how everything pans out over the coming weeks.

We are being careful and it might be the correct policy but next summer we will have to start spending, we can't just wait 3-4 years and replace half the team in one go, like Chelsea, it needs to be gradual to create a smooth transition.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #42692: Sep 10, 2020 10:42:05 am
      We are being careful and it might be the correct policy but next summer we will have to start spending, we can't just wait 3-4 years and replace half the team in one go, like Chelsea, it needs to be gradual to create a smooth transition.

I'm pretty sure Michael Edwards and the rest have had a thought about this mate.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42693: Sep 10, 2020 11:07:18 am
      I'm pretty sure Michael Edwards and the rest have had a thought about this mate.

I certainly hope so but 2 windows now without major investment, ok this one is in special circumstances, but it still fecks up the planning a bit, if there is not major investment next summer I really will get a bit concerned, because at the point we really do need to start thinking about recycling some players.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #42694: Sep 10, 2020 12:27:09 pm
      I certainly hope so but 2 windows now without major investment, ok this one is in special circumstances, but it still fecks up the planning a bit, if there is not major investment next summer I really will get a bit concerned, because at the point we really do need to start thinking about recycling some players.

It doesn't F**k up the planning if it is the planning though.
      Kopite78
      Reply #42695: Sep 10, 2020 12:42:52 pm
      It doesn't f**k up the planning if it is the planning though.

If its Liverpool who have planned this pandemic I might fall out of love a little bit with them

🙂
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42696: Sep 10, 2020 12:45:13 pm
      It doesn't f**k up the planning if it is the planning though.

so you think we wouldn't have recruited this window in any circumstance? The plan was for no major purchases for 2 years? I find that quite unlikely
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #42697: Sep 10, 2020 12:45:39 pm
      If its Liverpool who have planned this pandemic I might fall out of love a little bit with them

🙂

True ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #42698: Sep 10, 2020 12:46:52 pm
      so you think we wouldn't have recruited this window in any circumstance? The plan was for no major purchases for 2 years? I find that quite unlikely

I don't find it that unlikely considering the manager has been on record saying he likes a small squad, doesn't like too many signings disrupting the group etc etc.

We have signed a first team player this calendar year don't forget who just seems to be starting to show what he's made of.

« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2020 12:59:06 pm by srslfc »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42699: Sep 10, 2020 12:50:53 pm
      I don't find it that unlikely considering the manager has been on record saying he likes a small squad, doesn't like too many signings disrupting the group etc etc.

We have signed a first team player this calendar year don't forget who just seems to be starting to show what he's made up.

?? We signed a LB and sold a CB, squad size is irrelevant, its the quality of the squad which is important and there is room for improvement, certainly over the space of 2 years!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #42700: Sep 10, 2020 12:57:56 pm

Hopefully we donā€™t hear the dreaded player X will be ā€œlike a new signingā€.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #42701: Sep 10, 2020 12:58:37 pm
      ?? We signed a LB and sold a CB, squad size is irrelevant, its the quality of the squad which is important and there is room for improvement, certainly over the space of 2 years!

We signed a forward as well but I knew you'd forgotten that.

Numbers don't always equate to quality either.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #42702: Sep 10, 2020 01:11:03 pm
      Hopefully we donā€™t hear the dreaded player X will be ā€œlike a new signingā€.

Player X was usually Lallana wasn't it

He actually is a new signing this time, just not for us ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,532 posts | 3468 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #42703: Sep 10, 2020 01:32:06 pm
      Iā€™m not ignoring anything. I just posted an interesting quote I saw. Adding the ā€œwe will seeā€ doesnā€™t really change much about the fact that heā€™s basically saying we arenā€™t going to spend because of Covid and because we donā€™t have super rich owners. Are you disputing that assertion or just being willfully pedantic?

Pedantic ? By talking about what he actually said. Your statement didn't mention this, there was no definite ' we won't be buying anyone'. Factor in the sell to buy factor and the fact that none of the players supposedly available  to leave have gone yet I don't know how you come to the conclusion that we won't buy anyone based on that interview,  especially when you clearly didn't listen to the whole thing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #42704: Sep 10, 2020 01:58:00 pm
      Pedantic ? By talking about what he actually said. Your statement didn't mention this, there was no definite ' we won't be buying anyone'. Factor in the sell to buy factor and the fact that none of the players supposedly available  to leave have gone yet I don't know how you come to the conclusion that we won't buy anyone based on that interview,  especially when you clearly didn't listen to the whole thing.

It is what it is, if you think his statement somehow means we ARE going to sign more players then you must be Nostradamus. Or maybe you are just Nostradumbass 😂
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,532 posts | 3468 
      Reply #42705: Sep 10, 2020 02:23:42 pm
      It is what it is, if you think his statement somehow means we ARE going to sign more players then you must be Nostradamus. Or maybe you are just Nostradumbass 😂

And maybe when someone challenges you, you haven't got a clue how to respond
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42706: Sep 10, 2020 02:51:23 pm
      We signed a forward as well but I knew you'd forgotten that.

Numbers don't always equate to quality either.

which forward did we sign this summer, this is news to me
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #42707: Sep 10, 2020 02:51:38 pm
      And maybe when someone challenges you, you haven't got a clue how to respond

Oh boy, is that how you see this, some sort of "challenge". Have at it big boy, I'll just let you be the bossman. ;)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #42708: Sep 10, 2020 03:57:22 pm
      Klopp on August 28:

"Every year was pretty much the same - I don't think I ever bought enough players in a transfer window to satisfy everybody. It was always 'aaargh, we need another one'. But so far it worked out."

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,532 posts | 3468 
      Reply #42709: Sep 10, 2020 04:37:30 pm
      Oh boy, is that how you see this, some sort of "challenge". Have at it big boy, I'll just let you be the bossman. ;)

Grow up
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #42710: Sep 10, 2020 05:44:23 pm
      which forward did we sign this summer, this is news to me

Read what I actually wrote then get back to me mate.
      « Last Edit: Sep 10, 2020 07:37:17 pm by srslfc »

Quick Reply