Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4277717 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #45655: Aug 04, 2021 11:27:19 am

We all have to wait and see mate but as good as Joe & Joel are and have been I can see a Virgil/Konate partnership develop as the season grows, I think we will see all 4 feature as Jürgen rotates but the go to pairing for me will be V&K,

I get your concerns regarding both Ox & Naby, however, Both have shown encouraging signs in pre season that corners have been turned in regards to their health & fitness and of course confidence, last season neither featured or were unavailable for selection due to injuries and/or lack of form,

I may well indeed be wrong but it just feels different this pre season and reminds me of the vibes I had in season 19/20, and that didn't turn out to bad did it ?

For the record, I think we are owed something,  we couldn't celebrate our title win properly,  we were denied the winners parade and celebrations with the fans, and our defence of our title was scuppered by that C**t Pickford and not forgetting the ABH on Thiago by his dirty b***ard team mate,

So I believe the lads will remember all of that and will be absolutely determined to put it right,  in 19/20 they showed a hunger and desire to get over the line, this season they'll be ravenous!!!

YNWA
      Very good post, sir. I agree 100%

You also reminded me of those two cu*ts. The nerves on this little f**ker to pull such a challenge on Thiago minutes after they had done what they did to VVD. I get angry just thinking about it.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #45656: Aug 04, 2021 01:50:09 pm
      Reading between lines eejit means idiot, least thats how i read it.

For sure. Self admitted
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #45657: Aug 04, 2021 02:16:02 pm
      See, I’m not as sure as some that we will bring in a couple more signings, I think we’ll see one or two promotions from the academy, I think we will see a lot more of Wee Harvey as some are expecting, we may even see Kaide Gordon too albeit not as often,

Gini’s departure has opened the door for Curtis & more likely Naby to fill( if he can stay injury free) the Ox has shown he can be used as a AM rather than out wide, so covering for Bobby, Jota, Mo & Mane can be rotated to suit, we have plenty of cover at the back with the returns of Virgil, Joe & Joel and reinforced with Konate, Tsimikas can cover for Robbo, likewise Neco or Gomez for Trent, Hendo & Millie I can see as a support act and absolutely pivotal when things aren’t going so well, keeping everyone fit & healthy is key obviously, in essence we have ample cover for every position, however, if we were to offload one or two then I feel we would need to fill the gaps,

I think we’re all aware that money this season is in particularly short supply, nothing new here in regards to FSG, but if Jürgen feels he can get through this season with what he has, then that’s what will happen, so any new faces that do come in are a bonus and obviously very welcome,

I can see this team lining up most weeks………

Alisson
                                                 Trent    Konate   Virgil   Robbo
                                                                  Fabinho
                                                        Thiago             Keita
                                                       Salah    Bobby   Mane

Bench;  Kelleher, Gomez, Hendo, Ox, Eliot, Jota, Jones, Milner/Matip/ Taki/Tsimikas
                                                 (Can we use 5 subs this season?)

That’s a pretty good bunch to choose from in my humble opinion, of course it could be strengthened but, only if it’s a upgrade in quality, if we can all stay relatively fit & healthy I see us right up there in the mix come May, I’ve said it before this is a three horse race with us Chavs & shitty, and we could all be neck & neck in the final weeks, if I were to stick my neck out I’d make us favs, City will have a hard on for CL & Chavs inconsistency could f**k them up.

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the Hungriest of them all !!

Y  N  W  A

That squad above wins the league, barring injuries of course and some those bench guys steping up in the absence of Mo and Mane. Would love one more winger, but I have faith someone is stepping up to take a bigger role in the attack. Either Harv or Taki will make good on the good faith they're being shown.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #45658: Aug 04, 2021 02:50:11 pm

As with many aspects of the culture and history involved with this club you are sadly lacking, the word "eejit" is an Irish/Liverpool term for idiot.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #45659: Aug 04, 2021 02:57:28 pm
      That squad above wins the league, barring injuries of course and some those bench guys steping up in the absence of Mo and Mane. Would love one more winger, but I have faith someone is stepping up to take a bigger role in the attack. Either Harv or Taki will make good on the good faith they're being shown.

I envision Taki as Bobby’s backup. His best game for us was playing there and linking with Jota on the left. In a recent preseason game where he scores I think he was in the 9 spot as well.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #45660: Aug 04, 2021 03:21:58 pm
      We're taking a chance hoping Taki, Ox and Ketia to fill in in midfield on current fitness performances. Would be great if they all stayed fit but I can't see it
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #45661: Aug 04, 2021 03:46:25 pm
      I envision Taki as Bobby’s backup. His best game for us was playing there and linking with Jota on the left. In a recent preseason game where he scores I think he was in the 9 spot as well.

He does look like the natural option as a Bobby mk2, but I also see young Harvey in the same role, he’s equally quick with his feet but perhaps more importantly quicker with his brain, he will see a pass before a defender can react, I seem to remember a certain fella called Dalglish having the same trait, his vision and ability to spot a pass before anyone else is legendary, now I’m not saying young Harvey will reach those dizzy heights but he does possess a good football brain and he can ply his trade anywhere along the front line, preferably in the hole, Taki if he can find a bit of form would be apt but a question mark remains whether or not he can hold his own against big strong defenders, Kenny managed because he had a arse like a chieftain tank so defenders found it difficult to get the ball off him, getting back to young Harvey it’s more likely he will cover for Thiago, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him come on for Bobby.

Y  N  W  A
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #45662: Aug 04, 2021 03:47:19 pm

Jesus when do you people collide with reality ?
      "The squad above wins the league barring injuries"!!

Any squad that relies on an injury free season to win trophies will confront an empty cabinet!
      As proven by our loss of the Premiership due to no adequate stand ins for vital areas of play.

Even the genius of Klopp cannot produce results in the face of a sell to buy set up.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45663: Aug 04, 2021 04:06:38 pm
      Jesus when do you people collide with reality ?
      "The squad above wins the league barring injuries"!!

Any squad that relies on an injury free season to win trophies will confront an empty cabinet!
      As proven by our loss of the Premiership due to no adequate stand ins for vital areas of play.

Even the genius of Klopp cannot produce results in the face of a sell to buy set up.

It's like people don't learn from mistakes
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45664: Aug 04, 2021 04:10:39 pm

He does look like the natural option as a Bobby mk2, but I also see young Harvey in the same role, he’s equally quick with his feet but perhaps more importantly quicker with his brain, he will see a pass before a defender can react, I seem to remember a certain fella called Dalglish having the same trait, his vision and ability to spot a pass before anyone else is legendary, now I’m not saying young Harvey will reach those dizzy heights but he does possess a good football brain and he can ply his trade anywhere along the front line, preferably in the hole, Taki if he can find a bit of form would be apt but a question mark remains whether or not he can hold his own against big strong defenders, Kenny managed because he had a arse like a chieftain tank so defenders found it difficult to get the ball off him, getting back to young Harvey it’s more likely he will cover for Thiago, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him come on for Bobby.

Y  N  W  A

He's 18 and untested. There's no way of us knowing if the gamble will pay off. Entering another season with uncertainty in positions.

Last year we were uncertain if we needed to replace Lovren and look how that ended
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #45665: Aug 04, 2021 04:30:56 pm
      He's 18 and untested. There's no way of us knowing if the gamble will pay off. Entering another season with uncertainty in positions.

Last year we were uncertain if we needed to replace Lovren and look how that ended

We finished 17 points behind City. Replacing Lovren was not going to be the difference. Get your head out of your ass already.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45666: Aug 04, 2021 04:34:58 pm
      We finished 17 points behind City. Replacing Lovren was not going to be the difference. Get your head out of your ass already.

Having a decent cb and Phillips pairing wouldn't have made us a better team last year?

You need to get your head of out fsg's ass
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #45667: Aug 04, 2021 04:44:04 pm
      Having a decent cb and Phillips pairing wouldn't have made us a better team last year?

You need to get your head of out fsg's ass

You and your obsession ;D

We lost our top 3 starters in CB. Having brought a Lovren replacement to be 4th CB was not going to be the difference when we finished 17 points out. Stop being so damn stupid with the "didn't replace Lovren and look how that ended".  No team can cope with losing top 3 starters in defense.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #45668: Aug 04, 2021 05:58:21 pm

We lost our top 3 starters in CB. Having brought a Lovren replacement to be 4th CB was not going to be the difference when we finished 17 points out. Stop being so damn stupid with the "didn't replace Lovren and look how that ended".  No team can cope with losing top 3 starters in defense.

Using players out of position to make up for inadequate stand ins ended any challenge we may have had.
      We had unbelievable luck with injuries in our winning season, as soon as injuries struck even the Klopp magic didn’t work.

The proof is there why the F**k can’t you acknowledge it?
      We have one signing the manager may work his magic with and  some promising potential while our rivals have strengthened considerably.
      « Last Edit: Aug 04, 2021 06:26:00 pm by stuey »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #45669: Aug 04, 2021 06:28:36 pm
      We had unbelievable luck with injuries in our winning season, as soon as injuries struck even the Klopp magic didn’t work.

And we had unbelievable bad luck with injuries in the season just gone. I can't think of one side who could cope with their 3 first choice CB being out injured for virtually the entire season.

City had Laporte out for a lengthy spell and they didn't recover from that and they are the richest club in the league. Also like we done they couldn't sign the guy they really wanted for the position so waited.

It's not that difficult to understand to be honest.

Imagine Chelsea missing their three top CB, United, City etc etc. None of those sides are going to cope any better than we did.

« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2021 07:24:32 pm by srslfc »
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45670: Aug 04, 2021 06:34:06 pm

Fabinho got injured playing centre back against Midjtylland. Would he have got that playing midfield? He wouldn't have been playing that position if we had replaced Lovren.

We had a defensive pairing of Fabinho and Hendo at one point. Surely you can see where the issue was. If not then I give up.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #45671: Aug 04, 2021 06:38:10 pm
      Fabinho got injured playing centre back against Midjtylland. Would he have got that playing midfield?

Of course he could have. What a ridiculous comment.

You guys act like last season was unique to us and every club has an army of first choice CB ready to step in.

Like I said above the season before last City lost Laporte for most of the season and restored to playing Fernadinho there most of the time.

We lost three.

Bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss on here at times.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #45672: Aug 04, 2021 07:11:37 pm

Replacing Lovren was an absolute must last Summer. No title defending side goes in to a new season with only 3 experienced CB's.

I'm not an FSG basher as I'm l happy with a lot of decisions they have made to improve the club, but not spending to replace Lovren was a big mistake on their part.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #45673: Aug 04, 2021 07:14:37 pm
      Danny Ings has gone to Villa,splashing that Grealish wedge then.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #45674: Aug 04, 2021 07:16:16 pm
      No title defending side goes in to a new season with only 3 experienced CB's.

They do though. City went into 19/20 with only Laporte, Stones and Otamendi.

Richest club in the league as well.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #45675: Aug 04, 2021 07:41:55 pm
      Danny Ings has gone to Villa,splashing that Grealish wedge then.
      They spending it well too!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #45676: Aug 04, 2021 07:44:38 pm
      Also, apparently we get 20% of the £30 mil Villa paid for Ings too, don’t know if it’s true mind.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #45677: Aug 04, 2021 07:46:49 pm
      They do though. City went into 19/20 with only Laporte, Stones and Otamendi.

Richest club in the league as well.

They had Garcia too mate, and Walker who had played CB a few times in a back 3. But yea they made a mistake not replacing Kompany that Summer. And we should have known not to make the same one they did.

Quick Reply