Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4216107 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #92: Jan 04, 2013 04:00:10 am

And where did I state that it would affect us? Bored or something?

Was simply offering more information to the situation!
      Bier
      Reply #93: Jan 04, 2013 04:18:28 am
      Pato specifically wanted back to Brazil, turned down all European offers.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #94: Jan 04, 2013 06:21:28 am
      Anyone any ideas for a left wing back who is affordable? we need someone in there IMO.

Of all the names we were linked to since the 2011 window, Jansen remains the only possibility. Bastos is definitely not leaving Lyon plus he is 29. Cissokho and Periera joined Valencia & Inter resp. only in the last window. I'm not sure how good is Jansen now. I know he din make it to the Euro'12 squad

Any other links or atleast rumours on left backs? Came across this yesterday

Wolfsburg hope to offload fringe players
      http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=1286789&cc=4716

How good is this Ricardo Rodriguez guy? I guess Chelsea are tracking him as well
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #95: Jan 04, 2013 06:41:28 am
      Pato specifically wanted back to Brazil, turned down all European offers.

yeah, and berlusconi said Pato promised to return to milan in 2-3 years. Must have to do with the world cup, no?
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #96: Jan 04, 2013 06:50:57 am
      Yeah, Gotta have something to do with playing in Brazil to help him gain / reinforce his spot in the Brazil team with them hosting the world cup.  Could also be why a bunch of the young Bazilian young guns seem to be staying there.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #97: Jan 04, 2013 07:18:39 am
      Something I'm wondering about.

Why the hell do we always hear talk about "strengthening/improving the squad," and never "strengthening/improving the first XI."

?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #98: Jan 04, 2013 07:45:05 am
      I've seen quite a few fans (not on here, but on Twitter, Facebook, etc) moaning about our "targets".

Well to them I say, "BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS!":

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #99: Jan 04, 2013 07:47:37 am

Why the hell do we always hear talk about "strengthening/improving the squad," and never "strengthening/improving the first XI."

?

Because the squad does need strengthening.

A First XI of Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Downing/Suso, Shelvey and Suarez is more than capable of doing a job for us against any team.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #100: Jan 04, 2013 08:29:48 am
      Because the squad does need strengthening.

A First XI of Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Downing/Suso, Shelvey and Suarez is more than capable of doing a job for us against any team.

Except Stoke, Villa, and Spurs.

But any other team than that, and we're good to go, right?   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #101: Jan 04, 2013 08:41:54 am
      I've seen quite a few fans (not on here, but on Twitter, Facebook, etc) moaning about our "targets".

Well to them I say, "BRING BACK THE GLORY DAYS!":

It makes you wonder what Hodgson hadf to smile about,could he of been a mole planted by Fergie to sabotage us.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #102: Jan 04, 2013 08:54:30 am

Behave yourself Fed.  :)

So sturridge that should have been done in the summer to replace Carroll happens now and it's become our January business??

More than likely 'boy. We're only playing catch up.

On the last day of the Summer we all believed that there would be two signings to bolster our 'attack' - we'll, most likely, only get those two this time 'round - anyone else will be an unexpected bonus (in my opinion). Whilst it may be nice to dream about a few extra, exotic, signings and a few extra quid being spent; the chances of either happening are slim.

Sure we can all list our fantasy signings and our suggestions at great "value for money"; it's fun to dream but it may be best to temper that enthusiasm, a little, this time 'round.
      « Last Edit: Jan 04, 2013 09:55:25 am by bad boy bubby »
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #103: Jan 04, 2013 10:04:05 am

Except Stoke, Villa, and Spurs.

But any other team than that, and we're good to go, right?   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Do you really expect us to beat every team? Honestly?

Everyone has bad performances, and they haven't been playing together for THAT long.

Usually when we've beaten teams, we've beaten them rather convincingly. And remember that now we've hit form somewhat, we do look really good.

So I'd say the XI isn't in question. It's the backup.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #104: Jan 04, 2013 10:41:38 am
      Do you really expect us to beat every team? Honestly?

Everyone has bad performances, and they haven't been playing together for THAT long.

Usually when we've beaten teams, we've beaten them rather convincingly. And remember that now we've hit form somewhat, we do look really good.

So I'd say the XI isn't in question. It's the backup.

Absolutely.
      We just about have a first XI.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #105: Jan 04, 2013 12:55:14 pm
      Fulham and QPR ready to pounce as Tottenham prepare to sell midfielder Livermore

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2256857/Tottenham-sell-Jake-Livermore.html

Didn't actually notice that these two had been sidelined by AVB

Livermore would fit the youth profile and would more than make up for the loss of Sahin.

Benoît Assou-Ekotto has also been struggling to find minutes, which I find pretty shocking. He's a great player and a perfect fit for our game.

What do you guys think? I mean besides moaning about the supposed lack of money.

Why not tell us what you think? Instead of asking questions like a psuedo-junior journalist trying to get posters to do your job for you.

Give us your F***ing opinion on who we should be signing. On second thoughts looking at who you have mentioned I'll just stick to laughing at your sh*te and see who Brendan chooses.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #106: Jan 04, 2013 12:57:50 pm
      Fulham and QPR ready to pounce as Tottenham prepare to sell midfielder Livermore

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2256857/Tottenham-sell-Jake-Livermore.html

Didn't actually notice that these two had been sidelined by AVB

Livermore would fit the youth profile and would more than make up for the loss of Sahin.

Benoît Assou-Ekotto has also been struggling to find minutes, which I find pretty shocking. He's a great player and a perfect fit for our game.

What do you guys think? I mean besides moaning about the supposed lack of money.

If they're not from Chelsea I'm just not interested.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #107: Jan 04, 2013 01:51:28 pm
      General Rumor - not a lot reported on it and I know nothing about the lad...

Will Hughes for Derby is apparently on our radar and Arsenals. Could be interesting, and good to see is investing in youth players - more of this please NESV!
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #108: Jan 04, 2013 02:08:26 pm
      General Rumor - not a lot reported on it and I know nothing about the lad...

Will Hughes for Derby is apparently on our radar and Arsenals. Could be interesting, and good to see is investing in youth players - more of this please NESV!

He is quality in FM12 :D
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #109: Jan 04, 2013 02:12:15 pm

Best scouting system there is! As I say, its only silly rumors at the moment, but would be good to see us sign some world class young players to bulk out the new breed coming through!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #110: Jan 04, 2013 02:35:22 pm
      Turan, Holtby, Ince and Butland are names I've seen floating about today.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #111: Jan 04, 2013 02:37:53 pm
      On lfc.tv Rodgers says there could still be one more signing.

So, just Ince and then no more?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,396 posts | 2823 
      Reply #112: Jan 04, 2013 02:45:18 pm
      Diame for £3.5m must be tempting some of the bigger teams surely?

Seems class every time I have seen him, for both Wigan and West Ham.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,396 posts | 2823 
      Reply #113: Jan 04, 2013 02:53:08 pm
      Rodgers on further signings
      Brendan Rodgers has told fans not to expect too much activity in the remainder of the transfer window - but revealed there could yet be one more signing.

The Reds have already strengthened their attacking ranks with the early signing of England international Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea.

But asked about any further business at his pre-Mansfield press conference, Rodgers told reporters: "We are not going to have a lot of money to do anything [else] in the window.

"We won't have that in January. There might be another but there is not much more business to be done."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/rodgers-on-further-signings
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6390 
      Reply #114: Jan 04, 2013 02:54:20 pm
      Rodgers on further signings
      Brendan Rodgers has told fans not to expect too much activity in the remainder of the transfer window - but revealed there could yet be one more signing.

The Reds have already strengthened their attacking ranks with the early signing of England international Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea.

But asked about any further business at his pre-Mansfield press conference, Rodgers told reporters: "We are not going to have a lot of money to do anything [else] in the window.

"We won't have that in January. There might be another but there is not much more business to be done."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/rodgers-on-further-signings

See this is irritating because it seems to contradict what's been said in the past. Not expecting much now, yay for dampening expectations.

Quick Reply