Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4288629 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #15916: Aug 04, 2014 12:48:15 am
      So no Balotellli....

Just trying to brainstorm, who would be some other strikers that conceivably would be available this summer without FSG having to break the bank?

ideas anyone?
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #15917: Aug 04, 2014 12:54:36 am
      I'd still say move for jackson martinez,

apparently he signed a new contract, with a minimum fee clause

worth a punt if its not too high IMO
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #15918: Aug 04, 2014 05:29:19 am

that's a good shout although rumours were being bandied about that his release clause was £40m, so if he's signed a new contract I doubt it would be LOWER than that.

if I remember correctly we were in for him under Kenny when Martinez was still playing in Mexico, too bad we didn't go for him then.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15919: Aug 04, 2014 06:10:13 am
      I totally get inconsistency as a reason not to want him. But I can't imagine a system where his style of play isn't wanted. Not to say that he definitely would be good for us - just that his particular attributes do fit us.

Just to clarify what I mean here with an example: Assaidi is a player who fits our system re the primary characteristics needed for Liverpool's attacking wide players in a 4-3-3. He is quick, and solid dribbler, runs into channels to provide width, and is not a cross merchant. So he fits the system. The reason why he's not staying around is because he is just not good enough on many levels (not creative, there are younger players who have his assets in greater quantity, brings little else to the table)  .

In the same way all of Balotelli's assets meet our needs. Whether he is good enough at using those assets or consistent enough or has the right mentality is certainly debatable, but its not really questionable whether he fits the system.

Fairy muff mate, I can see where your coming from, of course his attributes are fitting and yes I agree he would be a good signing but I just can't get away from the antics that come with him, the last thing we need are the media hounding us all over again making us look like the bad apple, if indeed he steps out of line,
      The player undoubtedly is very talented and has qualities we could do with, just not sure we need the controversy too, if we were to sign him I'd back him %100, I guess we just hope he knuckled down and just get on with it.

YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15920: Aug 04, 2014 09:49:18 am

worth a punt if its not too high IMO

I doubt he'd leave if he has just signed a new contract which will include a much higher buy out fee than before along with a much higher wage given he's their key player.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #15921: Aug 04, 2014 10:03:14 am
      So no Balotellli....
      Just trying to brainstorm, who would be some other strikers that conceivably would be available this summer without FSG having to break the bank?
      ideas anyone?

If Borini goes, I feel we would need 2

A versatile frontman (Volland, Lacazette, Aubameyang) and a SS/RW (Shaqiri, Konoplyanka, Depay)
      rogni
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #15922: Aug 04, 2014 10:07:24 am
      If Reus isn't a goer I'd be delighted with Lacazette and Shaqiri. Kono being the alternative.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15923: Aug 04, 2014 10:10:54 am
      If Borini goes, I feel we would need 2

A versatile frontman (Volland, Lacazette, Aubameyang) and a SS/RW (Shaqiri, Konoplyanka, Depay)

Well that'd make sense considering we need 1 if he stays.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #15924: Aug 04, 2014 10:57:53 am
      Well that'd make sense considering we need 1 if he stays.

But my gut feeling is that we'll get just 1 even if Borini goes.

I think BR will look to Suso & Ibe to grab their chances
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #15925: Aug 04, 2014 11:18:51 am
      But my gut feeling is that we'll get just 1 even if Borini goes.

I think BR will look to Suso & Ibe to grab their chances

Agreed - in the 4-3-3 - which seems to be the formation of choice for the season, we have Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling, Marcovic who can play wide, with Suso and Ibe taking their chances where they can. We will primarily be looking for a centre forward, but if he is versatile like Remy, that's just a bonus. With one striker up top, 3 is enough. Sturridge played 80% of games last season (the 20% were missed down to injury), so we are looking for a striker who will play about 10 or so league games (a bit more as we will be playing Sturridge more often in the champions league and this mystery striker will take the rotation slack there in the league) and share cup games with Lambert.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #15926: Aug 04, 2014 02:35:36 pm
      There were rumors that the club may announce a new signing or two today, hm experiment.. lets see is rumors can be true ey..
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #15927: Aug 04, 2014 02:37:54 pm
      So Navas has gone to Real.

Would anybody have a bit of Mr Casillas at Liverpool?

I'd have to say; I wouldn't be totally for it, he was reeeeeally shockingly bad in the world cup
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15928: Aug 04, 2014 02:41:34 pm
      I'd have to say; I wouldn't be totally for it, he was reeeeeally shockingly bad in the world cup

I wouldn't rule it out based on the World Cup alone where their entire team was an embarrassment. He just hasn't played as much as he should have over the last couple of seasons and that stems back to Maureen.

He's still a lot better than a lot of the keepers around, would probably want a ridiculous wage though mind.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #15929: Aug 04, 2014 03:08:17 pm

Hope not.

Just bought my lad the Goalie kit with Mignolet on the back.

Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #15930: Aug 04, 2014 03:25:23 pm
      So no Balotellli....

ideas anyone?

Just wondering how much Adriano would likely go for! 69 goals in 143 appearances for Shakhtar.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #15931: Aug 04, 2014 03:27:14 pm
      Hope not.

Just bought my lad the Goalie kit with Mignolet on the back.

;D nice
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #15932: Aug 04, 2014 03:29:22 pm
      Just wondering how much Adriano would likely go for! 69 goals in 143 appearances for Shakhtar.

Isnt he an out and out center forward?

While we are on Shakhtar, Douglas Costa could be a useful addition. Versatile, can play RF, LF and SS.
      Think Arsenal or Spurs were linked with a 15mil bid..??
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #15933: Aug 04, 2014 03:34:22 pm
      Don't know this source really but we've been linked with a 5m move for dani alves. I would've rather gone for sagna, what do you all think?

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140803/fc-barcelona/posible-oferta-del-liverpool-por-dani-alves_54412718596.html
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #15934: Aug 04, 2014 03:48:38 pm
      Daniel Alves is a poor defender and is no longer a threat on offense.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #15935: Aug 04, 2014 04:00:06 pm
      He is rumoured to go to PSG as back-up for Aurier. Cant see any value that he can offer us. Was pretty sh*te in the world cup and was replaced by an out-of-form Maicon in the later stages. That should tell, probably

Would love if we can bid for Mattia De Sciglio or may be use Pepe as a makeweight
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #15936: Aug 04, 2014 04:35:11 pm
      Don't know this source really but we've been linked with a 5m move for dani alves. I would've rather gone for sagna, what do you all think?

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140803/fc-barcelona/posible-oferta-del-liverpool-por-dani-alves_54412718596.html

We have just signed Manquillo and already have Johnson and Flanno so that article is complete bollox.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15937: Aug 04, 2014 05:51:20 pm
      What about Jordan Rhodes for a goalscorer? I'm not suggesting him, as I've seen very little of him, just asking if anyone is a fan? His goalscoring record is pretty good (and he is a pretty capable striker on FM :P)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15938: Aug 04, 2014 06:04:13 pm
      What about Jordan Rhodes for a goalscorer? I'm not suggesting him, as I've seen very little of him, just asking if anyone is a fan? His goalscoring record is pretty good (and he is a pretty capable striker on FM :P)

Big fan. I went to a few Huddersfield matches when I was at uni there and he looked very good. He scores a decent variety of goals too, outside of the box, tap ins, decent at penalties and is good in the air. I'm hoping Blackburn get promoted just to see how he fairs in the Premier League as they don't seem to be allowing him to leave any time soon.

Quick Reply