Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4321876 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,545 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #28221: Feb 19, 2017 02:35:37 pm
      Gotze is 24 mate, still plenty of time to get his form back. He's a quality player, so if we're talking about Jürgen getting the best out of players, surely he could get even more out of a player of proven quality than he could from an average player with potential. Its a no brainer for me, especially at the rumored asking price.

The lad is shot in my book, little pace and have to question his desire
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #28222: Feb 19, 2017 03:00:25 pm
      I've got Goetze in the same TFWDGH category as Ben Chilwell (remember him?).

TFWDGH? Thank f*** we didn't get him.

A different category. Ryan Bertrand. LB. Can remember discussing him last summer. Noses were turning up.
      MNHBABB - 'might not have been a bad buy'
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28223: Feb 19, 2017 03:29:29 pm
      A different category. Ryan Bertrand. LB. Can remember discussing him last summer. Noses were turning up.
      MNHBABB - 'might not have been a bad buy'

Same goes for Danny Rose
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,318 posts | 1672 
      Reply #28224: Feb 19, 2017 05:01:57 pm
      Ryan Bertrand is better than Milner and Moreno dont think anyone can deny very good delivery
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28225: Feb 19, 2017 06:23:34 pm
      Ryan Bertrand is better than Milner and Moreno dont think anyone can deny very good delivery

If we are basing it on delivery then no he's not better than Milner.

Defensively though, which it should be based on, pretty much goes without saying really.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #28226: Feb 19, 2017 07:45:13 pm
      Why have you quoted this part of my post? Changed the context of what I was saying completely.
      Sorry that was not my intent... i was trying to highlight the amount of players that I feel we need
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #28227: Feb 19, 2017 08:21:52 pm

Yes, he's still young, but he never got back to his level of 4 years ago. He couldn't do it in München, couldn't do it in Dortmund. That has to raise flags. Moreover, look at him now. He's not lean, in fact one can see small man tits, which tends to a bad metabolism if you train professionally. Remember: Football players - in effect - are professional 10K runners, anybody who's not skinny has to raise flags. Also he never was the guy with a "chip on his shoulder", he's a laid back guy. I would not touch him, of course, Jürgen is his mentor, he might have a lot deeper information about Mario.

I'd go for Pulisic, not a brand like Götze, but a real deal. I know Jürgen is also interested in him.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28228: Feb 19, 2017 08:28:07 pm
      Remember having the discussion about Gotze at the time and commenting that I thought he'd already thought he'd made it and was all a bit full of himself.

Never rated him once he left Dortmund and while I haven't seen him much since it's easy to hear from here that he's obviously not really performing as some would have led you to believe.

At the time I thought Mane would be much the better option and that we hadn't really missed out too much on Gotze. Thankfully that seems not only have been proven right but massively so, Mane is quickly becoming a fan favourite for many reasons along with his clear talent. The effort the lad puts in the pitch wins people over time and again so if he does ever hit a rough patch then he's still providing something, a lesson many of these millionaires could do well in learning.

Now whether it was by design (remember Klopp turned his back on the Gotze deal before anyone starts with the bullshit "it was his first choice") or by accident we seemed to have dodged a bullet and caught a gem. As for going back in for him, perhaps it's starting to dawn on Mario that he could have actually got games for us, he would have been with a manager who would have given him full confidence and who has brought out massive success for him in the past, my bet is that he couldn't be arsed with all the hard work Jürgen would demand. Well I would be willing to bet the boat has sailed on that one Gotze, enjoy the bench.
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Reply #28229: Feb 19, 2017 08:42:20 pm
      Remember having the discussion about Gotze at the time and commenting that I thought he'd already thought he'd made it and was all a bit full of himself.

Never rated him once he left Dortmund and while I haven't seen him much since it's easy to hear from here that he's obviously not really performing as some would have led you to believe.

At the time I thought Mane would be much the better option and that we hadn't really missed out too much on Gotze. Thankfully that seems not only have been proven right but massively so, Mane is quickly becoming a fan favourite for many reasons along with his clear talent. The effort the lad puts in the pitch wins people over time and again so if he does ever hit a rough patch then he's still providing something, a lesson many of these millionaires could do well in learning.

Now whether it was by design (remember Klopp turned his back on the Gotze deal before anyone starts with the bullshit "it was his first choice") or by accident we seemed to have dodged a bullet and caught a gem. As for going back in for him, perhaps it's starting to dawn on Mario that he could have actually got games for us, he would have been with a manager who would have given him full confidence and who has brought out massive success for him in the past, my bet is that he couldn't be arsed with all the hard work Jürgen would demand. Well I would be willing to bet the boat has sailed on that one Gotze, enjoy the bench.

Another thing to add - Gotze has never struck me as a player with the pace and power to succeed in this league. I think he would turn out to be very similar to Samir Nasri, a good player on his day but one who would go hiding at the first sign of trouble. If the boss wants him then I hope we go out and get him but I don't think he's going to set the world alight.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28230: Feb 19, 2017 09:00:42 pm
      I really wanted us to sign Gotze last summer but one things for sure, I seriously don't want him this summer. One thing pisses me off like no other in football these days and it's the excuse of "they're not in the Champions League". We weren't all that far off last season but he decided to take the easy option and go to Dortmund - who we actually beat last season - rather than join us and work his arse off to get us into the CL.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #28231: Feb 19, 2017 09:50:12 pm
      Yes, he's still young, but he never got back to his level of 4 years ago. He couldn't do it in München, couldn't do it in Dortmund. That has to raise flags. Moreover, look at him now. He's not lean, in fact one can see small man tits, which tends to a bad metabolism if you train professionally. Remember: Football players - in effect - are professional 10K runners, anybody who's not skinny has to raise flags. Also he never was the guy with a "chip on his shoulder", he's a laid back guy. I would not touch him, of course, Jürgen is his mentor, he might have a lot deeper information about Mario.

I'd go for Pulisic, not a brand like Götze, but a real deal. I know Jürgen is also interested in him.

:lmao:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #28232: Feb 19, 2017 10:19:32 pm
      Pippen may have a point. Looks a bit chunky there.

https://twitter.com/livecholfc/status/833073860815659009
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28233: Feb 19, 2017 11:16:04 pm
      Another thing to add - Gotze has never struck me as a player with the pace and power to succeed in this league. I think he would turn out to be very similar to Samir Nasri, a good player on his day but one who would go hiding at the first sign of trouble. If the boss wants him then I hope we go out and get him but I don't think he's going to set the world alight.

Nasri as part of a wall is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen in a match. He's the biggest soft arse going.
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Reply #28234: Feb 20, 2017 05:11:03 am
      Nasri as part of a wall is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen in a match. He's the biggest soft arse going.

Yep, which is why Gotze reminds me of him!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #28235: Feb 20, 2017 05:14:34 am

Good fullback him.

I'd take him here in a heartbeat.

Don't think, or remember we were ever linked with him though, not sure where he came from. V. good player though.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #28236: Feb 20, 2017 07:31:28 am
      Gotze is all hype. How many of you watch him play? Not many I would imagine. Even the ones who have can't be that impressed since he's barely played and when he has he's not exactly lit the world on fire.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #28237: Feb 22, 2017 12:29:14 pm
      They do a great job... repeatedly sell great players and replace them with young talent that develop into something special

Anyone get their first proper look at Mbappe last night?

Scored away against Manchester City and played pretty damn well.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28238: Feb 22, 2017 02:41:22 pm
      Anyone get their first proper look at Mbappe last night?

Scored away against Manchester City and played pretty damn well.

Didn't watch that game but heard he played well. I did however watch Leverkusen and kept an eye on Brandt. I must admit, he is a very good footballer for a wide player, more in the Figo mould, but I wonder if that's what we need? He has good pace and physicality, but I would prefer a more explosive player personally.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #28239: Feb 22, 2017 02:46:10 pm
      Watched Julian Brandt at the weekend and on Tuesday in the CL to see who we are after.

If it's pace, technique, work rate and football intelligence you like.....

Going to be expensive....but worth it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #28240: Feb 22, 2017 04:04:21 pm
      Watched Julian Brandt at the weekend and on Tuesday in the CL to see who we are after.

If it's pace, technique, work rate and football intelligence you like.....

Going to be expensive....but worth it.

And supposedly Real Madrid are now sniffing around as well. So that's that then. Maybe we should just start with our second or third choice instead of getting our hopes up.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #28241: Feb 22, 2017 04:10:01 pm
      I just dont understand this latest PR nonsense of letting the world know about our potential targets.

Unless its all BS to keep our true targets concealed from other teams!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #28242: Feb 22, 2017 04:15:29 pm
      I just dont understand this latest PR nonsense of letting the world know about our potential targets.

Unless its all BS to keep our true targets concealed from other teams!

Do you really think the club is letting people know?

I think there's two possibilities (in my opinion)

1) The club ISN'T letting anyone know, but people with inside information (could  be club people, but could also be agents and such) are leaking it or hinting at it to trusted journalists who then are leaking it as news....

2) The club IS leaking the information on targets that they know we have no chance of getting to try and create a narrative of "see we tried to get the best players,  they just didn't want to choose us over Real or Barca or Bayern (or whoever)"

I'd probably be inclined to believe number 1 because I think it happens in more prevalence. But if we don't start landing anyone good then I'd certainly be inclined to give 2 a try. 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #28243: Feb 22, 2017 04:25:44 pm
      Do you really think the club is letting people know?

I think there's two possibilities (in my opinion)

1) The club ISN'T letting anyone know, but people with inside information (could  be club people, but could also be agents and such) are leaking it or hinting at it to trusted journalists who then are leaking it as news....

2) The club IS leaking the information on targets that they know we have no chance of getting to try and create a narrative of "see we tried to get the best players,  they just didn't want to choose us over Real or Barca or Bayern (or whoever)"

I'd probably be inclined to believe number 1 because I think it happens in more prevalence. But if we don't start landing anyone good then I'd certainly be inclined to give 2 a try. 

Well seeing as though the club mouth pieces Pearce, Reddy, Joyce etc quote the same targets I would say the club are briefing the press.

Quick Reply