Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4204987 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #28773: Apr 04, 2017 08:49:35 pm
      providing names historically just gets the forum bullies to come out crying....i can provide suggestions, based on players i like, who i think would suit etc - but like ive said - it seems like a smelly trap  :lmao:

Like you i rate the Swiss left back, he has been doing well for a number of seasons now.

I like the idea of James, i like the idea of getting someone used to being at a massive club, used to the pressure, still hungry and who has obvious quality that would a. please the fans (well some) b. please the players (who may want to leave and lay with better players like Courtinho etc) c. Add quality d. Send a sign to the rest that were no pushover e. (potentially) take us to the next level

the likes of Lacazette would also be welcome, but the clear difference is that Lacazette would be stepping up (in many ways -especially in terms of club size) while someone like James would not be stepping up at all.

Ideally we should be 'tapping up' the likes of Sanchez - regardless of his desire to remain in london, history has shown that players travel all over for different reasons - even places like Stoke and Bolton have been known to sign players who you would not traditionally think they could

James for me doesn't fit the bill. Would cost £60 million and I don't think he's worth that, especially because he's been deemed 'too lazy' for a Real Madrid side, means our system wouldn't be the best for him, Klopp could change that though just looking at what he's done to Lallana who's fitness has gone through the roof... Wouldn't mind Isco from them mind you...

Sanchez would be a dream signing, the perfect player for us, will be hard to fight off the likes of Chelsea, Juve and Bayern who will all be looking to sign him who will offer more money that we can (regardless of how much we are 'willing' to, they have more in the bank literally). But I agree, we should be... and pardon the pun, gunning for him.

Rodriquez would still be top of my list, Milner can play more of a central role especially if Emre is off to Juve this summer and maybe we'll get Chillwell as backup.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #28774: Apr 04, 2017 09:36:05 pm
      Funny thing is in one way I would like us to miss out on a top four finish, because it would offer an excuse for us missing out on our top targets this summer and make the players we do get coming in the summers window a bit more palatable

I'm honestly stuck for words.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #28775: Apr 04, 2017 10:00:39 pm
      James for me doesn't fit the bill. Would cost £60 million and I don't think he's worth that, especially because he's been deemed 'too lazy' for a Real Madrid side, means our system wouldn't be the best for him, Klopp could change that though just looking at what he's done to Lallana who's fitness has gone through the roof... Wouldn't mind Isco from them mind you...

Sanchez would be a dream signing, the perfect player for us, will be hard to fight off the likes of Chelsea, Juve and Bayern who will all be looking to sign him who will offer more money that we can (regardless of how much we are 'willing' to, they have more in the bank literally). But I agree, we should be... and pardon the pun, gunning for him.

Rodriquez would still be top of my list, Milner can play more of a central role especially if Emre is off to Juve this summer and maybe we'll get Chillwell as backup.
      I am a bit confused, you first paragraph you said you don't want rodriguez then the last paragraph you do?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28776: Apr 04, 2017 10:02:35 pm
      We can not afford to lose any of our remaining games, Even draws makes things more difficult and even if we win we still need Chelsea to beat those around us and Spurs to beat Arsenal, and West Ham to take points from Arsenal... Need a fair few games to go our way...So yes, top 4 is a big ask

We can afford to lose games though because several of the top 6 play against each other whilst we don't. You make it sound like we're in F***ing 6th.

Funny thing is in one way I would like us to miss out on a top four finish, because it would offer an excuse for us missing out on our top targets this summer and make the players we do get coming in the summers window a bit more palatable

You can get the F**k out of here with that bollocks. You'd like for us to not get into the Champions League?!

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #28777: Apr 04, 2017 10:05:45 pm
      I am a bit confused, you first paragraph you said you don't want rodriguez then the last paragraph you do?

:lmao: :lmao:

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28778: Apr 04, 2017 10:14:59 pm

1st paragraph = James Rodriguez
      Last paragraph = Ricardo Rodriguez
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #28779: Apr 04, 2017 10:37:46 pm

Different Rodriquez. Want the left back not the attacker.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #28780: Apr 05, 2017 12:50:18 am
      We can afford to lose games though because several of the top 6 play against each other whilst we don't. You make it sound like we're in f**king 6th.

You can get the f**k out of here with that bollocks. You'd like for us to not get into the Champions League?!
      You miss the point... If our last eight games were against,Spurs,City,Utd,Arsenal,Chelsea<Spur,City and Utd I would feel confident of a top 4 finish, But they are not, there against teams that we always seem to f**k up against.. Plus you have seen how we struggle without Mane...No Mane,No Lallana, And No Henderson to call on

Second point that I was making... I expect that we will not get ANY of the managers top targets.... if they are thinking of signing the the owners will soon put them off by offering a pittance of a wage, hence why  I feel it would be easier to swallow blaming the lack of us (LFC) signing our desired targets and bringing in second third or even four choice targets instead if we fail to finish in the top 4.... Never sad I would be happy with it, just that it would be more palatable
      « Last Edit: Apr 05, 2017 01:01:13 am by The Real Donavan Ried »
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #28781: Apr 05, 2017 01:38:51 am

James may not be the actual signing we should go for, but he is in the calibre of player we should be aiming for - alongside the other 'lesser' targets (in term of profile)

our midfield/team gets out of shape to easily if one player is missing, Milner has played better for us at left back than he ever has anywhere else and even then we still want to strengthen that position.

Chillwell? he has not been good enough to get into the Leicester team and when he has played he has hardly set the world alight....if the ITK's did not link him to us - how many people would mention him?  he is not good enough and the money can be spent elsewhere
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28782: Apr 05, 2017 02:20:11 am
      You miss the point... If our last eight games were against,Spurs,City,Utd,Arsenal,Chelsea<Spur,City and Utd I would feel confident of a top 4 finish, But they are not, there against teams that we always seem to f**k up against.. Plus you have seen how we struggle without Mane...No Mane,No Lallana, And No Henderson to call on

Second point that I was making... I expect that we will not get ANY of the managers top targets.... if they are thinking of signing the the owners will soon put them off by offering a pittance of a wage, hence why  I feel it would be easier to swallow blaming the lack of us (LFC) signing our desired targets and bringing in second third or even four choice targets instead if we fail to finish in the top 4.... Never sad I would be happy with it, just that it would be more palatable

I don't miss the point. You said we can't afford to lose any games but the truth is, we can.

Well you're lying there because you'd quite like it. Liking something = happiness. Stop trying to backtrack :D.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #28783: Apr 05, 2017 04:47:36 am

Why you posted the bollocks that you did doesn't make it any less the load of bollocks that it is.

Weird posts.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #28784: Apr 05, 2017 08:04:35 am
      James may not be the actual signing we should go for, but he is in the calibre of player we should be aiming for - alongside the other 'lesser' targets (in term of profile)

our midfield/team gets out of shape to easily if one player is missing, Milner has played better for us at left back than he ever has anywhere else and even then we still want to strengthen that position.

Chillwell? he has not been good enough to get into the Leicester team and when he has played he has hardly set the world alight....if the ITK's did not link him to us - how many people would mention him?  he is not good enough and the money can be spent elsewhere

I'm only saying Chillwell because that seems to be someone that Klopp wants so if he wants to take a punt on him, I'll take those chances on a backup left back who may well end up being 3rd choice left back. If he can develop into a good player, I see no harm in signing him.

Another midfielder wouldn't hurt either, especially since Lucas is on the way out and there are rumours about Can too. Keita has everyone raving about him, just from some research he seems a great player but I've never seen him play so can't fully vouch for him.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #28785: Apr 05, 2017 08:59:58 am
      A poll on which position(s) are a priority to be filled [in the absence of players by name] may be interesting.

Assuming we get to spend the hundreds of millions we've stockpiled, of course. 😉

For example - some people say 'the system' relies on forwards who press; others clearly state that our defence needs shoring up first and there's even the odd one (or two?) who see the whole 'system' collapse if only one player is off their game.

The last PoV is a load of aul bollocks of course but you get my drift...

A number one priority or are there way too many deficiencies and unknowns?

Fill the empty Couts vacancy first or replace Migs?... you decide. 😁
      « Last Edit: Apr 05, 2017 09:07:54 am by bad boy bubby »
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #28786: Apr 05, 2017 10:03:48 pm
      So many players are simply not good enough

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #28787: Apr 05, 2017 10:10:44 pm
      You miss the point... If our last eight games were against,Spurs,City,Utd,Arsenal,Chelsea<Spur,City and Utd I would feel confident of a top 4 finish, But they are not, there against teams that we always seem to f**k up against..

Liverpool 2 Bournemouth 2 ...... you could see it coming
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28788: Apr 06, 2017 07:11:52 pm
      So many players are simply not good enough

Never have been since TPM's time here.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28789: Apr 06, 2017 07:11:56 pm
      Liverpool 2 Bournemouth 2 ...... you could see it coming

Hope you got on the draw in the 86th minute then, you'd be quids in right now. :D
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #28790: Apr 07, 2017 01:46:24 pm
      so more and more it looks like james is going to manutd. 

if you look at it. united doesnt have CL footy for sure next year as well but they are doing ok with transfer targets

main difference?  they pony up the hard cash and create this air of excitement that they are super ambitious for trophies.  players gravitate towards this stuff.  unfortunately i am not sure we are anymore

liverpool needs to splash cash on a key target. turn heads and the younger generation of footballers that doesnt give a hoot regarding our history will look at us and pay attention
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #28791: Apr 07, 2017 02:37:05 pm
      Dodging a bullet there with James.

Very overrated player.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #28792: Apr 07, 2017 04:35:07 pm
      Hope you got on the draw in the 86th minute then, you'd be quids in right now. :D

Funny that you should say that, ;D...
      The games vs team outside the top five,(six if you count us) we have such a poor record with wins when we need it... Missed watch this game (I hate when I have too) but looked at the BBC text Arsenal won (hoped the hammers would have at least drew, if not won), Chelsea were beating City(great for us) we were 2-1 up, fantastic night me thinks, make a cuppa and just wait for the final whist Great,great night, comes back an F**k me the night turns to sh*t...typical Liverpool... been this way since the 00's...Beat the best teams out there, Utd 4-1, Real 4-0 etc and lose to teams like stoke 6-1 and you turn on the TV and you see Henderson, Lallana and Coutinho doing TV Ad's.... F**k the adds get out there on the training ground and work on your F***ing control and technique... Right now If I was the manager there is only five players I would keep, your boy Bobby, Cou', Sadio, Emre, and Joel the rest i would replace, they have no heart or desire...rant done!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28793: Apr 07, 2017 05:36:27 pm
      How many number 10's do United want/need?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #28794: Apr 07, 2017 07:41:49 pm
      hhahahahahahahahhahahaha

ive seen the likes of you before.....waiting with your keyboard to crush any name that i type with 'we wont get him' 'wont pay the wages' nonsense.

shall i be like you and wait for us to sign the next john barnes from Watford? or the Next Kenny Dalglish? Hoping that it will all just fall into place like a nice romance film.....forgetting that things are different now and that were in a totally different place, that football is in a totally different state and that our quest to get back to the glory days that some fans remember or have seen on DVD has hit the same stumbling block season after season - YoYoing round the top 2-8 positions and ignoring the growth of teams around us.

Ive seen us be '1 or 2 players away for decades, Collymore, Ince, Suarez....when we signed the dynamic duo Babb and Jones etc.

Now i am very grateful for what we have achieved along the way...but we have had so many chances where we have been close to only then go and buy poorly and moonwalk backwards (also allowing the stars of the time to leave - Mcmanaman, Owen, Suarez, Mash, Xabi etc)

You have no need to reply to my thread if your on your 'who should we sign' nonsense as i am aware of how some who are desperate to sign rubbish will try and shoot you down :lmao: :mad:

F***ing hell lad, you don't half have an ego for someone with no absolute alliteration skills!!

Yeah I remember, football hasn't changed that much you soft c**t - scouting players that still happens right, so you scout players and if they're good enough and fit into a playing system, you sign them! This still does happen, right?

I really can't be arsed banging on about who we will or won't sign, cos I don't work work for LFC and not in the scouting department!

Christ I remember when supporting LFC and going the match was a laugh - what happened to half you miserable cu*ts?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28795: Apr 07, 2017 11:34:27 pm
      Dodging a bullet there with James.

Very overrated player.

31 goals and 41 assists over 3 seasons whilst not being the most regular of players isn't bad going though.

Last paragraph = Ricardo Rodriguez

As in the Swiss left back? IMO he'd be a cracking player to have!

Quick Reply