Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4205049 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #30958: Jul 12, 2017 03:25:28 pm

Indeed and yet you still have the odd tool insist that "investing in youth" is the way to go. 😒😄
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #30959: Jul 12, 2017 03:33:25 pm
      Fair enough mate, personally think Auba is an exceptional striker. While I clearly rate Firmino and think there are very few players I'd even consider moving him from the middle for Auba is one of them.

More of the issue from my perspective is that strength in depth, if they all stayed fit and were on top form we'd have no issues but I don't believe that will be the case for Sturridge and Ings, well anything more than hopeful would be fooling yourself.

I like what I've seen of Solanke, only small amounts so far though but to thrust him into the prem already would probably be too soon and Origi just doesn't cut the mustard for me. Personally I'd have looked to shift any of Ings/Origi/Sturridge on and improved above Bobby and either move him down to the bench or more likely as a second striker. The one thing going for us I think Mane could easily play striker as cover for a short while but we shouldn't be in that situation from the off.

Lots of people will tell you that Sturridge will be fit as it's an international year and those that want to kid themselves will say he made a huge impact at the end of the season. In truth it was the dire form of Origi which dragged us down and the introduction of any player would have seen an improvement. Sturridge was barely lasting the 15/20 minutes he was asked for and either he's mentally holding himself back or injuries are and we can't afford such a crucial role in the team to be the place for a passenger.

We'll see, maybe Sturridge will come back to pre-season in sparkling fitness and have a season without injury but in reality, how many of us really think that'll happen?

I actually like a FIT Stu to do really good things with the speed on the pitch this season. I think he is more adept to playing with the two speedsters than Bobby. I think Bobbys pace is often lacking in the past and I think with Salah, Mane, and Couthino all on the pitch together it will only compound this problem. When Daniel is healthy he's border line world class, something Bobby isn't. If Daniel can get healthy and stay fit for a season I think this new attack could really help him shine
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #30960: Jul 12, 2017 03:45:20 pm
      So is the dead quiet a sign that we've actually plugged up leaks and are conducting our business in complete secrecy (something I contend isn't possible in the age of talkative journos, agents and club officials) or does it just mean that we have come to a complete standstill and don't have anything in the hopper?

7  weeks sounds like a long time...but once you hit your 40's, 7 weeks goes by like the snap of your fingers. It's not much time to get anything done, especially at the pace Liverpool does business.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #30961: Jul 12, 2017 03:47:16 pm
      Indeed and yet you still have the odd tool insist that "investing in youth" is the way to go. 😒😄

I agree there is a little too much made of it. If you look at our youth system, it's produced very very few talents in the last decade even.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #30962: Jul 12, 2017 03:54:05 pm
      We almost get into trouble for tapping up VVD, and Sky Sports are saying "Chelsea offered Aubameyang for £70m."

Doesn't seem right
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30963: Jul 12, 2017 03:55:35 pm
      When Daniel is healthy he's border line world class, something Bobby isn't. If Daniel can get healthy and stay fit for a season I think this new attack could really help him shine

A fully fit, on song Daniel Sturridge is definitely world class, just haven't seen it for over 2 years and don't believe it's there anymore. Still has a magnificent left foot, great vision, and truly remarkable low back-lift but when we're struggling to get him on the pitch and even when we do he's struggling to get his stamina to last more than 15mins then to me we lost the battle long ago.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,237 posts | 4924 
      Reply #30964: Jul 12, 2017 04:08:06 pm
      So is the dead quiet a sign that we've actually plugged up leaks and are conducting our business in complete secrecy (something I contend isn't possible in the age of talkative journos, agents and club officials) or does it just mean that we have come to a complete standstill and don't have anything in the hopper?

7  weeks sounds like a long time...but once you hit your 40's, 7 weeks goes by like the snap of your fingers. It's not much time to get anything done, especially at the pace Liverpool does business.

I'd say we've come to a standstill.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #30965: Jul 12, 2017 04:37:18 pm
      We almost get into trouble for tapping up VVD, and Sky Sports are saying "Chelsea offered Aubameyang for £70m."

Doesn't seem right

Not only that, but apparently Wenger has had a 3 hour meeting with Mbappe. I mean seriously...WTF??
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #30966: Jul 12, 2017 04:43:57 pm
      So is the dead quiet a sign that we've actually plugged up leaks and are conducting our business in complete secrecy

I hope so, make a change! Times I think this is the case because we haven't really been linked with any other CB. I'd have thought after the shambles of an apology, there would have been talk about a different CB now seeing as we "ended all interest".
      But then the other side of me thinks no chance, we F**k a lot a of stuff up that other clubs find very straightforward where transfers are concerned so we are probably going to go into the new season without signing a CB and probably playing Matip out of position and struggle along with Lovren and Klavan...seems like the most likely scenario.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      Reply #30967: Jul 12, 2017 05:07:35 pm
      Not only that, but apparently Wenger has had a 3 hour meeting with Mbappe. I mean seriously...WTF??
      All I can think is that Arsenal have had permission to approach Mbappe whereas we just splashed it all over the media we were going to sign VVD - without Soton' having any clue what was happening.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #30968: Jul 12, 2017 05:41:12 pm
      So much for out transfers gathering pace this week.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #30969: Jul 12, 2017 05:48:29 pm
      So much for out transfers gathering pace this week.

Dude, it's the same thing each week "be patient, this takes time".....<time passes...nothing happens> "just be patient...these are complicated dealings".

So complicated that Bayern closed a loan deal for Rodriguez literally overnight. So complicated that Lukaku was signed by the scum while he was in LA.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #30970: Jul 12, 2017 05:53:32 pm
      Dude, it's the same thing each week "be patient, this takes time".....<time passes...nothing happens> "just be patient...these are complicated dealings".

So complicated that Bayern closed a loan deal for Rodriguez literally overnight. So complicated that Lukaku was signed by the scum while he was in LA.
      Bayern got Rodders and Arsenal got that French guy, we could have got both  if we were serious.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #30971: Jul 12, 2017 06:21:07 pm
      Bayern got Rodders and Arsenal got that French guy, we could have got both  if we were serious.

Rodders?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #30972: Jul 12, 2017 06:26:57 pm

Jimmy Rodders aka James Rodriguez.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #30973: Jul 12, 2017 06:32:23 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #30974: Jul 12, 2017 06:58:15 pm
      So I had a dream a couple of nights ago, and like most dreams (mine anyway), it didn't make much sense, but basically think of the ending to The Godfather where Michael Corleone has the heads of the five families killed at the same time, one in front of the court house, one in bed, one in an elevator, one in a revolving door, plus Mo Green getting a massage, shot through the eye - all while Michael's godson is being baptized

Except in my dream, Klopp was Corleone and there was a match about to take place at Anfield, and all of a sudden some guy in a blank accent just kept reading the names of new signings and then they were running out of the tunnel for the first match - and everybody was freaking out that he had kept it a secret from everyone (sorry, I did not get any specific player names - I think one of them may have actually been Usain Bolt - but like I said, my dreams don't make sense).

Anyway, I thought I'd share this for the sake of pleasant fantasy/delusion for those of you frustrated with the transfer business this summer.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #30975: Jul 12, 2017 08:19:42 pm

We could have gotten lots of other players too but if the boss doesn't want them or don't feel they are right for us so not actually after them, it's bit of a pointless statement isn't it? We didn't go for either player, we were linked but so were lots of clubs, such is the way of the football world.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #30976: Jul 13, 2017 12:39:26 am
      Klopp on transfers: "We have to wait a bit but tomorrow you can have a long sleep because nothing will happen tomorrow."

Klopp: "There's no chance we will add any more players and I'm not frustrated about this - joking! We have until August 31st."

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #30977: Jul 13, 2017 02:04:35 am
      Klopp on transfers: "We have to wait a bit but tomorrow you can have a long sleep because nothing will happen tomorrow."

Klopp: "There's no chance we will add any more players and I'm not frustrated about this - joking! We have until August 31st."

More quotes:

Speaking at a news conference after Liverpool's 4-0 win over Tranmere Rovers in a preseason friendly on Wednesday night, Klopp said: "If any fans of us think what the other teams are doing and why we don't do anything, then I can't help.

"We cannot buy players only because other teams buy players. We do business as good as we can do it.

"We are completely in it and we are convinced about the way we are doing it. Nervous fans, I don't have to write a message for this.

"We have [until] the 31st of August. We have time and some things need time.

"If we make transfers, it's because we want to do it. If not, then it's because we don't want to do it. That's how it is and we have to wait a little bit."
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #30978: Jul 13, 2017 07:29:57 am
      In other words, chill the F**k out people!!.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #30979: Jul 13, 2017 07:44:56 am
      "If any fans of us think what the other teams are doing and why we don't do anything, then I can't help.

"We cannot buy players only because other teams buy players. We do business as good as we can do it.

"We are completely in it and we are convinced about the way we are doing it. Nervous fans, I don't have to write a message for this.

Yeah, like tapping up VVD and getting caught.

Poor comments them.

Sounds like he's a puppet for FSG.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      Reply #30980: Jul 13, 2017 07:57:17 am
      Klopp said:

"If any fans of us think what the other teams are doing and why we don't do anything, then I can't help.
      You've been here 3 transfer windows, we've been here for 14. Stick around you may change your tune.

This is the problem, it hasn't been good enough for the most part.

"We are completely in it and we are convinced about the way we are doing it.
      That's the scary part

Nervous fans, I don't have to write a message for this.
      No you don't. But you might want to have a word with Michael Edwards about how the mechanics of a properly conducted transfer process is supposed to go.

"We have [until] the 31st of August. We have time and some things need time.
      Last summer's transfer window?

"If we make transfers, it's because we want to do it. If not, then it's because we don't want to do it.
      Obvious

That's how it is and we have to wait a little bit."
      Yes. Longer than they have to wait at Utd, Arsenal, City, Chelsea...

Slightly worrying. Either Klopp genuinely is happy with our transfer dealings or he's just not used to the way FSG conduct transfer deals. I'm going with the latter. Either way, it's worrying.
      « Last Edit: Jul 13, 2017 08:01:51 am by Rush »

Quick Reply